• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐‘”๐‘œ ๐’ป๐’พ๐‘”๐“Š๐“‡๐‘’

Characters
Here

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

Well, today was the first of many long days. At least that's what Dae-Hyun was expecting. When he had first been approached by the figure skating coach to consider taking up the sport, there was absolutely no way that he would have accepted it. There wasn't a single thing about figure skating that was appealing. He didn't like the classical melodies that they always performed to, the bedazzled outfits seemed tacky, and it just all around seemed boring. Where was the quick changes in pace, the dynamic between puck and hockey stick, the body checks and occasional fights to keep him on his toes and make things interesting? That was the attitude that lost his career in Hockey in the first place, but Dae-Hyun still couldn't help that he was drawn to action. Figure skating was just fancy foot work without much excitement.

Even if he told the man no to begin with, the coach wouldn't take no for an answer until he thought about it. Go home and sleep on it, he had said and they'd meet again in a few days. At the time, he hadn't seen the point in that. He didn't expect to change his mind. However, he wouldn't be on his way to meet Yu-Ha if he had held onto his first judgement about the opening. Dae-Hyun began to explore what it would look like if he did take the spot in the duo. I mean, if he was going to make it back into the spotlight, what better way to do it? Damn his need for attention. He had been thrown off his original path to infamy, and that was still a wound he was recovering from. But he already knew how to skate, and he loved being on the ice. This was a surefire way to get him back on track. What better sap story than losing one passion only to find the next?

And, how hard could it really be?

Dae-Hyun was towards the favorable side but still wasn't 100% convinced. Still on the fence about the whole thing, Eun-Hye ended up over the day before his answer had to be given. She was a figure skater, so he decided to get her thoughts on the matter. What better way to make an informed decision than to get the inside scoop? After asking her a few questions about what she enjoyed about her sport, she asked about his sudden interest in what she did. That was when he explained the deal. How Lee Yu-Ha was in need for a figure skating partner and they wanted him to try his hand at it. Eun-Hye had originally laughed, assuming he wasn't really considering it.

That tipped him a bit closer to accepting. The girl went on to explain why Yu-Ha needed a partner. The coach had failed to mention that the figure skater had a difficult personality. Everyone who had worked with her had quit due to her being overly demanding and unforgiving. His somewhat girlfriend described her as just as cold as the ice she skated on. "You don't want to work with her. Don't do that to yourself. She's impossible." Oh, really? That sounded like a bit of a challenge. She should have known by now that Dae-Hyun didn't take too well to being told what to do. The fact that she had a strong bias against him taking the position made him want to do it even more.

"And I've never heard of a hockey player who could figure skate. I'm not sure how well that would work."

His eyes had narrowed as he became even more indignant, Dae-Hyun was taking the job. This sounded like a good old fashioned competition. Not only could he be better than all the others who had given up in working with Yu-Ha, but to prove that a hockey player could become the best figure skater out there was incredibly appealing. This sounded like the perfect job for him. Dae-Hyun was certain he would not just withstand the storm that was Ms. Lee, but he'd look magnificent and make history while doing it. That was that. As surprising as it was for him to say, he was becoming a figure skater.

The coach had been over the moon excited to have him join the team. The man had explained a bit of their schedule, what they were training for, and somethings to expect. Never a fan of rules, he really only half listened. He'd rather just get right to work and not waste anytime talking about the plan. It was apparently important to get to know each other, which he didn't disagree with, he was always up to meeting new people. A simple lunch between the two of them to get better acquainted. No big deal to Dae-Hyun, he could make friends with just about everyone he wanted to. As long as his big mouth didn't get in the way.

Or his terrible time management skills. Somehow he was running a bit late. Well, it wasn't somehow Dae-Hyun was aware of why he was pushing 10 minutes late. A combination of losing track of time while playing video games with some friends online, causing him to miss the first bus that would have gotten him there early. Oh well. Not like it was that big of a deal. It was just lunch. He had looked up the place that they were going to, surprised at how nice it was. A little on the upscale side. Not necessarily his favorite type of place, Dae-Hyun preferred the mom and pop shops that started in a tent, or the stands on the streets. He's found out that they not only have way better prices but it was normally way better in quality. He'd compare it to a home cooked meal from his Eomma if he had one.

Hands in his jean pockets, Dae-Hyun walked into the restaurant and asked where the table was. Strolling up to the place where Yu-Ha was sitting, he noticed that she was just getting up from her chair. Or was she just sitting down? He plopped down in the chair across from her's, half tempted to already grab the menu and look through it. "Were you late too? Or just me?" He asked. If she was expecting an apology, she wasn't going to get one. It would start a precedent that he wouldn't want to keep up, because he would probably have to apologize almost every time they met. Dae-Hyun offered his hand for her to shake, a grin on his face as he did so. "Dae-Hyun, Noah, oppa, sexy, call me whatever," His introduction, followed by a bit of a chuckle, was very on brand for him. Even if he had heard a lot of things about Yu-Ha, he didn't see any need to be any different with her than anyone else. Walking on eggshells wasn't something he was good at. Plus, that got boring quick. He didn't want to front as anyone else, he was already great, perfect even. This whole thing was going to be a piece of cake.

coded by hanthesunbeam

Last edited:

lee yu-ha

filler

filler

filler

• filler

as she told soo-ae last night, you'd think the coach would have stopped trying by now. the last one had practically left without another word after she'd called his moves lazy, unrefined, and implied that he might as well join the circus with the tomfoolery he was bringing to the rink. coach hadn't even tried to keep that one, though yu-ha supposed he probably agreed with her comments. it was hardly her fault that the partners he was bringing in were all subpar despite having "skated for a good part of their lives". she wondered if this one would be any different, though her expectations weren't high, considering the fact that the seat opposite her was still empty. just what kind of person had he chosen this time?

she made a quiet noise of frustration, her hand reaching for the phone she'd placed face-down on the table. ten minutes. it'd been ten minutes, and this guy was yet to show. yu-ha had already thought the whole idea of having to "get to know" her partner was stupid and unnecessary, but this just solidified it. she took a sip of the nearly empty cup of water on the table and stood, straightening her skirt. this was a waste of time, and she would not sit here like an idiot waiting for someone who might never turn upโ€”

"were you late too? or just me?" a man had quite unceremoniously dropped himself in the vacant seat opposite to her, and yu-ha surveyed him, not even bothering to conceal the distaste in her expression at his nonchalant attitude. late, and completely unremorseful about it. great. "dae-hyun, noah, oppa, sexy, call me whatever," he reached out a hand, and she stared at it, half considering whether she should just turn and leave now. it was still an option, but no. she said she would try, and she was a woman of her word, as exhausting as she was already predicting this interaction would be. yu-ha sat back down, crossing her legs. the offer for a handshake went unacknowledged, and she allowed his hand to hover over the table as she reached instead for the menu tucked into the cubby underneath the table.

"lee yu-ha."
she said, her gaze still fixed on the rows of food items on the booklet in her hands. it was only fair, right? if he didn't seem to have any respect for her, well, he'd get the same type of treatment back. just in her own way.
"i don't suppose i'll be receiving an apology or an explanation for your tardiness?"
her tone was sharp, and her words were accompanied with the raise of an eyebrow as she finally met his eyes.

she regarded him for a few moments before her attention returned to the menu. maybe she'd just get a nice grilled chicken salad. that wouldn't interfere with her diet too much, though she'd have to skip on drinks and dessert. it was kind of a bummer, really. soo-ae had said the restaurant was known for their ice cream. with her meal decided, she shut the menu gently, sliding back into its original place. should she wait for him to choose his food before ordering? it was courtesy, but he hadn't given her any. did she care about being the bigger person? not particularly.

yu-ha signalled to a nearby waiter, telling him her order with a pleasant smile and finishing with a gentle 'thank you'. "ah, and for the gentleman?"

she cast him a brief sideways glance before interjecting without giving him a chance to speak.
"he'll need a little more time to decide on his order."
the waiter nodded understandingly and promised to be back later, scurrying off hurriedly to the next table. meanwhile, yu-ha was studying her "date" with disdain, her arms crossed. though, looking at him now, he struck her as vaguely familiar. she couldn't put her finger on where she'd seen him, though. coach had mentioned he'd returned from abroad not long ago, so yu-ha doubted she'd have seen him as a stranger on the street. she didn't usually remember random people like that, anyway. if he was a skater too, at a competition, maybe? or a video of his competition? whatever it was, yu-ha was using way too much effort thinking about it. what would it matter? she'd probably have to deal with him for two weeks at the most. it'd be better if it was less.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

Dae-Hyun's smile dropped as Yu-Ha ignored his offered handshake and instead pulled out her menu. He pulled his hand back slowly. It wasn't that he was embarrassed at the rejection. It was more telling than anything else. Add that with the very obvious distaste that crossed her face, he could tell he hadn't done the best job as making a first impression. He moved to grab his own menu when he heard her give an introduction. He watched her for a moment before looking back down to try and decide what he was going to eat. He wasn't sure why he was surprised at her appearance, not only was she rather attractive, but something felt familiar there. Whatever it was, he probably would have accepted sooner had he known she was that cute. "I don't suppose I'll be receiving an apology or an explanation for your tardiness?" Her words were curt as they broke the silence.

The hockey player flipped the page and shrugged before shifting his gaze to the woman across the table. "Time management has never been my strongest quality. Lets consider tardiness one of my many many charms," He replied with a smirk. He returned back to trying to make a decision almost as fast as he had looked up at his company. Hmmm. What was he hungry for? After being back in Korea for less than a year, he had been eating almost all the food he had missed since being in a western country. It was nice that he lived in a bigger city with the cultural diversity being more conducive to his taste buds. There was this one Korean market that also served food that Dae-Hyun would frequent. So much so that the woman who ran it would call him adeul. Mrs. Park had told him she saw him more than her own son. He never understood why people took their parents for granted.

It hadn't gone unnoticed, the signal from Yu-Ha to call the waiter over. She had gotten a head start on choosing what to eat herself. The woman ordered herself a salad. Dae-Hyun scrunched his face up slightly. He had never been the biggest fan of salad for the main course. It wasn't exactly filling enough. The waiter asked what he'd like, he hummed quietly in response because he was still unsure. Pasta sounded good. But so did whatever this sandwich was. Before he could say anything though, Yu-Ha ushered him away. Dae-Hyun smiled briefly up at the waiter before shooting a glace over in her direction. Whatever.

Still staring down at his menu, he could feel Yu-Ha's eyes on him. He smiled quietly to himself. "Checking me out?" He shot over at her while eyeing a shrimp pasta dish that sounded amazing. He closed his menu and slipped it back into place. Western food it was. "I know I'm cute, no need to stare," Dae-Hyun added, meeting her eyes with an amused expression. Following her own stance, he crossed his arms over his chest while he blinked over at her with interest. That sense of familiarity once again striking him. Ok. He really hoped they hadn't slept together and he had never called her back. That would make it awkward for everyone. Dae-Hyun was pretty certain that he would have remembered her had that been the case. Then again, he could have forgotten. Did he have that bad of luck? Recently...kinda. Should he ask? It was so vague that she really could just have reminded him of someone.

But this was going to bother him to no end. "Have we met before?" He suddenly asked, feeling rather brave considering his thought process. Oh well, he already made a bad impression. If things went south he could always use the waiter as a distraction. Dae-Hyun probably should have probably picked a safer conversation topic, maybe asked about skating instead since they had that in common. "You seem familiar, I just can't put my finger on it."

coded by hanthesunbeam

Last edited:

lee yu-ha

filler

filler

filler

• filler

his answer shouldn't have taken her by surprise, but it was just adding to the already terrible impression he was making on her. it was far from charming, and from the way he spoke, yu-ha might gather that he was the type of guy who bedded many women. did he show up late to the hotel rooms too?

"checking me out?" yu-ha's eyes widened ever so slightly at this comment, and she looked away, embarrassed to be caught. "i know i'm cute, no need to stare." yu-ha let out a quiet scoff. this guy was absolutely full of it; a narcissist, through and through. she couldn't imagine how people might even compare her to people like him. sure, she knew she could be prideful, but she didn't make a habit of making eyes at acquaintances and self-proclaiming her own attractiveness. it was confidence in a most irritating way.

"you're not my type, sorry."
she retorted with a mockingly sympathetic smile, though she felt strangely self-conscious under his probing gaze. how odd, since she'd been surveying him the same way only moments earlier. yu-ha reached for her water again as if to try and curb her nerves, pausing as she realised it was empty. should she ask for the waiter again? no, she decided, she'd wait till dae-hyun decided to order. what did that show? she wasn't quite sure, but somehow, asking for more water felt like a sign of weakness. that was silly. why was he getting on her nerves so much?

her gaze was pulled to his face as he spoke again. "have we met before? you seem familiar, i just can't put my finger on it." yu-ha narrowed her eyes, bewildered by the similarity in their line of thought. she shook the feeling off almost immediatelyโ€” she was probably over-thinking it. it'd be way too much of a coincidence.

she remarked,
"that's an over-used pick-up line,"
rolling her eyes as an incredulous smile spread across her lips. he'd displayed almost infuriating playboy tendencies in the five minutes that they've been acquainted, and it was only right for her to make the assumption that he was just following on that tangent, no? though, admittedly, maybe the mutual familiarity they were noting meant they had met before. she'd look like a fool if she was wrong, but the feeling that was nagging at her was practically begging not to be ignored.
"but i suppose we might've seen each other at a competition of some sort."

well, that was a vague answer. they were both figure skaters, so they'd more than likely crossed paths at one point, it was just a matter of at which event. and yu-ha had been to a lot of events. her hands shifted, propping up her chin as she studied him with furrowed eyebrows. the more she looked at him, the more she felt like it was something recent. maybe coach had recruited him then? though, if she didn't remember him, he must not be very impressive. yu-ha made a habit of scoping out her competition, and if they were worth her time at all, she'd be able to at least recall where she'd seen them. hm... there was no chance he'd been on the korean teamโ€” but he'd just returned from abroad, so he could've played for a foreign team instead, so it wasn't out of the question.
"would you have happened to be at pyeongchang?"

it was a shot in the dark, but a shot nonetheless.
"and i mean as a competitor."
her tone was intentionally condescending, though she wasn't exactly in a good place to say that, considering she hadn't placed. it was still an achievement, but with the way things had spiralled after, it was far from her proudest moment. either way, if this wasn't it, yu-ha was decided that the subject would be dropped. she was "getting to know" him way too much, and she'd rather have her meal in silence than spend the next half an hour or so playing detective to figure out where'd they'd met. she said she'd try, and she was trying a lot. yu-ha didn't want to give him an opportunity to go off on a little ramble about how he'd won fifth at the last nationals. she'd had enough of those.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

he was thoroughly pleased with the reaction he got from Yu-Ha. She was obviously a little shocked, eyes widening and her inability to speak for a moment. It was funny to Dae-Hyun how she looked so nervous and so annoyed all at the same time. That was when she declared that he wasn't her type. Hmmm. Really? Wasn't he everyone's type? Handsome, athletic, funny. He checked all the boxes. Her failed attempt to drink water called her on her bluff. "I see," He spoke in a teasing manner. A questioning glace to silently ask her why she was so affected then. This was more enjoyable than he thought. Something about being annoying was incredibly fun.

Yu-Ha's retort to his comment about knowing each other, earned a genuine smile from him. "that's an over-used pick-up line." He chuckled quietly. Was it a line? No. Had he used that line in the past? Maybe? He'd used so many it was hard to remember what he used and what he hadn't. She must be unfamiliar with people flirting with her. He hadn't even tried. This was just...how he talked to people. The people around Ms. Lee must have been a bore. No wonder she seemed like the no fun all work type of person. Ew.

"Ahh, darling," He stared, leaning forward to rest his arms on the table, "If I was flirting with you, you'd know." Dae-Hyun paused for a moment. Should he continue to push? Most normal people would have said no. With a person like her, the more you pushed the more they pushed back. Nothing about Yu-Ha's perceived cold demeanor intimidated him. Honestly, he wanted to see how many times it would take for her eyes to get caught when they rolled back in agitation. So, he'd continue. "Don't sound too hopeful. I thought I wasn't your type," He finished finally as she thought for a moment.

Dae-Hyun's hand calmly grabbed onto his own glass of water and took a sip as she suggested a competition. That was an odd idea. He thought about the weight of her words as he swallowed and set his drink back down on the table. Did she mean...games? Yu-Ha did not strike him as the type to watch hockey, let alone attend a game. And had she ever been in Canada? Or was she thinking he was a fan of figure skating? The only time he had ever watched figure skating was when he was at the Olympics. That was only because he was bored. Was she confused? She probably was. That was unless..."would you have happened to be at pyeongchang?" It seemed Yu-Ha had read his mind. That was the only instance he could even think to have competed in the same general area as her. Not only had he been overseas for his whole career, but they weren't even in similar sports. It was like comparing synchronized swimming to water polo. The only thing they had in common was ice.

Scrunching his nose in mock amusement at her prod towards him actually having participated in the games, Dae-Hyun laughed once dryly. Yes. He had indeed participated in the Olympics. It was still one of his greatest, if not the greatest, accomplishments of his hockey career. "Yeah, I was there. Canadian team, bronze medal. We would have placed higher if the German's hadn't been so stacked that year. I mean, we were phenomenal but the Germans were...wow. Respect," He shook his head slightly. That and the Russians played dirty. He would have liked to have won gold or silver, of course, but just going there, being in his home country and placing was a huge honor. Definitely a memory he would always cherish. That put them on the same continent, at the same place, at the same time. Due to the fact he could speak Korean, English, and French, Dae-Hyun had bounced around quite a bit between the other teams, namely the Korean, French, and U.S. teams. It wouldn't have been crazy too assume that they could've, at some point, had a conversation.

By the time he had finished speaking, the waiter came back to check if he was ready. Which he was. Dae-Hyun quickly ordered his meal, handed off his menu, and before the man could scurry off to put his food in, he made sure to make a request, "More water for the lady please, thanks." That was quickly followed by an 'of course' as the waiter refilled her empty glass. He once again offered a thank you to the man before he walked off. Dae-Hyun returned his attention to Yu-Ha. Right, Olympics. Did he brag enough about placing yet? "What about you? I'm assuming you went since you asked. How'd you do?" He asked, wondering how she compared to the rest of the figure skating world. He had no room to judge really, since he had been in a completely different sport. But he still probably would considering the medal he had. That was unless she placed silver or gold. Then, y'know, he didn't have any room to talk then.

coded by hanthesunbeam

he was thoroughly pleased with the reaction he got from Yu-Ha. She was obviously a little shocked, eyes widening and her inability to speak for a moment. It was funny to Dae-Hyun how she looked so nervous and so annoyed all at the same time. That was when she declared that he wasn't her type. Hmmm. Really? Wasn't he everyone's type? Handsome, athletic, funny. He checked all the boxes. Her failed attempt to drink water called her on her bluff. "I see," He spoke in a teasing manner. A questioning glace to silently ask her why she was so affected then. This was more enjoyable than he thought. Something about being annoying was incredibly fun.

Yu-Ha's retort to his comment about knowing each other, earned a genuine smile from him. "that's an over-used pick-up line." He chuckled quietly. Was it a line? No. Had he used that line in the past? Maybe? He'd used so many it was hard to remember what he used and what he hadn't. She must be unfamiliar with people flirting with her. He hadn't even tried. This was just...how he talked to people. The people around Ms. Lee must have been a bore. No wonder she seemed like the no fun all work type of person. Ew.

"Ahh, darling," He stared, leaning forward to rest his arms on the table, "If I was flirting with you, you'd know." Dae-Hyun paused for a moment. Should he continue to push? Most normal people would have said no. With a person like her, the more you pushed the more they pushed back. Nothing about Yu-Ha's perceived cold demeanor intimidated him. Honestly, he wanted to see how many times it would take for her eyes to get caught when they rolled back in agitation. So, he'd continue. "Don't sound too hopeful. I thought I wasn't your type," He finished finally as she thought for a moment.

Dae-Hyun's hand calmly grabbed onto his own glass of water and took a sip as she suggested a competition. That was an odd idea. He thought about the weight of her words as he swallowed and set his drink back down on the table. Did she mean...games? Yu-Ha did not strike him as the type to watch hockey, let alone attend a game. And had she ever been in Canada? Or was she thinking he was a fan of figure skating? The only time he had ever watched figure skating was when he was at the Olympics. That was only because he was bored. Was she confused? She probably was. That was unless..."would you have happened to be at pyeongchang?" It seemed Yu-Ha had read his mind. That was the only instance he could even think to have competed in the same general area as her. Not only had he been overseas for his whole career, but they weren't even in similar sports. It was like comparing synchronized swimming to water polo. The only thing they had in common was ice.

Scrunching his nose in mock amusement at her prod towards him actually having participated in the games, Dae-Hyun laughed once dryly. Yes. He had indeed participated in the Olympics. It was still one of his greatest, if not the greatest, accomplishments of his hockey career. "Yeah, I was there. Canadian team, bronze medal. We would have placed higher if the German's hadn't been so stacked that year. I mean, we were phenomenal but the Germans were...wow. Respect," He shook his head slightly. That and the Russians played dirty. He would have liked to have won gold or silver, of course, but just going there, being in his home country and placing was a huge honor. Definitely a memory he would always cherish. That put them on the same continent, at the same place, at the same time. Due to the fact he could speak Korean, English, and French, Dae-Hyun had bounced around quite a bit between the other teams, namely the Korean, French, and U.S. teams. It wouldn't have been crazy too assume that they could've, at some point, had a conversation.

By the time he had finished speaking, the waiter came back to check if he was ready. Which he was. Dae-Hyun quickly ordered his meal, handed off his menu, and before the man could scurry off to put his food in, he made sure to make a request, "More water for the lady please, thanks." That was quickly followed by an 'of course' as the waiter refilled her empty glass. He once again offered a thank you to the man before he walked off. Dae-Hyun returned his attention to Yu-Ha. Right, Olympics. Did he brag enough about placing yet? "What about you? I'm assuming you went since you asked. How'd you do?" He asked, wondering how she compared to the rest of the figure skating world. He had no room to judge really, since he had been in a completely different sport. But he still probably would considering the medal he had. That was unless she placed silver or gold. Then, y'know, he didn't have any room to talk then.

Last edited:

lee yu-ha

filler

filler

filler

• filler

if there was a limited number of times that she could roll her eyes in a day, yu-ha was fast approaching her quota. "don't sound too hopeful. i thought i wasn't your type."

"you aren't,"
she repeated coolly, levelling her gaze with his. she was determined to not let him get under her skin, if only because she knew it would only add to his ego. he seemed to find her question amusing, and she raised an eyebrow, almost as if saying what's so funny? her guess was right, though.

"yeah, i was there." so he was. it piqued her interest that they'd crossed paths then, but again, he mustn't have been all that impressive if she didn't remember his routine in the least. "canadian team, bronze medal. we would have placed higher if the german's hadn't been so stacked that year. i mean, we were phenomenal but the germans were...wow. respect." bronze? her eyebrows scrunched ever so slightly as she racked her memory. the canadian team had been first overall, followed by the russians, if she remembered correctly. he wasn't a solo skater, since she was confident she knew japan and swept the top two titles, followed closely by fernandez... pair skating? savchenko and massot had been gold then. that must've been what he meant. yu-ha didn't recall catching the canadian pair skating performanceโ€” it'd clashed with her practice, so perhaps it was why it didn't come to mind. she was sure they'd met elsewhere, too. her team had asked her to join them for the after-party, even if she was still reeling from her results. it'd been a bit of a wild night, by her definitions, at least, considering she'd nearly went up to the room of a particularly forward foreign skater. yu-ha swore off alcohol for a bit afterwards.

the waiter had appeared almost startling silently, and yu-ha glanced at him as he took dae-hyun's order, ready to gesture to her cup as he finished the last of his writing. her companion beat her to it, however, as dae-hyun requested on her behalf. yu-ha's face betrayed none of her surprise at his courtesy, though she did murmur a
"thank you,"
in response, both to him and to the waiter.

she reached for her now-full glass for a sip, and the glass remained poised at her lips as he said his next words. "i'm assuming you went since you asked." he'd be quite right about that. "how'd you do?" she hesitated for the briefest of moments, so fleetingly that you would've missed it if you blinked. her lips curved into a neutral smile as she set her glass down, her mind reeling. lying wasn't an option, nor was the omission of truth, though, why was she even all that embarrassed about her results? she'd placed top ten in the end, despite everything that had happened, and she'd certainly performed well in comparison to the rest of the korean team. it was what had happened after that was the leading cause of her shame, but a part of her was worried it'd lead to that. either way, she had no reason to be stressing about admitting toโ€”

"seventh,"
yu-ha replied calmly, her smile never faltering,
"considering the circumstances, i'd say it's nothing to be ashamed about, even if it was below my expectations. it was my first time there, anyways."
she'd said far more than what she needed to, and yu-ha was painfully aware of how much she sounded like she was trying to convince herself of her words. maybe she was, but either way, she had to lead the conversation back to him before he pressed further about why she wasn't still in the national team. did he even know that? this conversation was seriously getting to her, and if the slight accusatory tone in her voice as she continued didn't betray it, the flash of annoyance in her eye surely did.

"you seem to have done well in canada, though, so why are you back here?"
once more, an arched eyebrow. admittedly, she was genuinely interested to hear his answer. a bronze medalist had no reason to be leaving a team and a duo he was sure to have found continued success with, much less agree to a deal the coach had offered. if she knew anything about the old man, it was that he was never quite good at persuasion. if he was, well, the others wouldn't have left quite as quickly, surely.
"ah, you didn't get kicked out, did you?"
it was a teeny-tiny jab, but it wasn't exactly baseless; maybe his insufferable ego had gotten on the rest of the skaters' nerves. yu-ha wouldn't put it past him.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

Dae-hyun was too busy wondering if she had been one of the routines he had watched. He only watched like five or six in total. It was better than just sitting around and doing nothing, but still not his cup of tea. Yeah, he couldn't remember if it was Yu-ha or not. He most likely deleted anything involving figure skating from his brain. He had no way of knowing that just two years later and he'd be the one in a bedazzled suit daintily skating around. The thought of it didn't necessarily excite him, but you know it's better than the odd jobs he had been doing to pay for his apartment.

He didn't have to wait long for the answer to his question. Yu-ha's answer admittedly surprised him. From what he had heard from eun-hye, the woman had just as much of an ego as he did. Her placing seventh didn't really give her the right to be so pushy. If it wasn't for her short tone and annoyed glance, dae-hyun wouldn't have bat an eye at where she placed. He remembered how good it felt just to qualify, how honored he was He knew how hard it was to even go in the first part, let alone place. So yes, it wasn't anything to be ashamed of. however. She seemed bitter about it. Her pride very obviously still in disrepair. "Oh yeah, of course," He spoke, his tone leaning into sarcasm with an amused grin.

Oh, he'd hold on to this information, that was for sure. Dae-hyun would be sure to bring it up again at a different time. The more ammo to one up her, the better. Before he could say anything else, she moved on to ask him a question. Dang, that could have been a fun conversation. "you seem to have done well in canada, though, so why are you back here?" Ouch. he guessed they'd trade one sensitive topic for the next. Of course his ego was still as bruised as his brain. Missing shots he could have done with in his sleep was so incredibly frustrating. He missed the sport, but mostly he missed his team. A team was the closest thing to family that he had besides shin-il. dae-hyun kept his cool, shrugging his shoulders, leaning back once more. "ah, you didn't get kicked out, did you?" That phrase pulled him out of his sulky mood.

"You know, you are so funny," He countered, a small smile forming on his face. I mean, it wasn't 100% untrue. He had been forced into early retirement. Not because of him, but because of his performance. That didn't make it any easier. "It would have been a way better story had I gotten kicked out. sadly, it's rather boring," He paused for a moment. He didn't want to show weakness, but at the same time he couldn't deny the fact it was still recent enough to be a sore subject. "I had an injury. I can still skate, but it didn't take them long to find a replacement," He wasn't going to tell her it was a brain injury. That would just lead to more prodding and probably annoying jokes about being dropped on his head. No thanks. Being replaced was probably the worst part. Was it wrong for him to hope they had a bad season without him? As many times as he had said that to a few friends, he knew that wasn't true. It wasn't his teammates fault that he couldn't play hockey anymore.

Coming back to Korea seemed like the only good option at the time. Shin-il was having a rough time, it had been three years that he had moved in with his biological older brother who came out of the woodwork several years after the boy was abandoned. It was better than the orphanage, but the two didn't always get along. dae-hyun and the younger boy texted and called often. He had told him once that he felt more like family than his blood relative. Shin-il also had a lot of anxiety, mostly about tests since his college entrance exams were up coming but he just worried in general. It seemed better for him to be closer at this time to help in any way he could. He is, and probably always will be, the person he is closest to (and the only person he liked more than himself). But it wasn't like yu-ha needed to know any of that. she didn't need to know anything about his personal life. "But it's fine, It's nice to be back home." He never wanted to be in Canada in the first place. Hockey was legitimately the only thing keeping him in the country.

dae-hyun wanted to skip topics as fast as she had when it came to the Olympics. He didn't like dwelling on the past for very long. "have you ever been?" He asked, coming up with something somewhat related but different. "To Canada, I mean. And if not Canada, have you ever been out of the country?" He had been to a few European countries, a good portion of the united states due to hockey games, and he had only been to Brazil within south america. He'd like to travel more. He was still trying to get settled first. He liked traveling, and it was often a good conversation topic for everyone since most people want to travel or have. much better than bitter topics that could leave them both in sour moods. dae-hyun would rather leave yu-ha to that on her own.

coded by hanthesunbeam

lee yu-ha

filler

filler

filler

• filler

yu-ha scoffed quietly at his sarcastic response, a small pout forming on her lips. he was just rubbing salt in the wound, at this point, and that smart-ass grin made her want to slap it off his face. she was pleased, at least, by the slightest of falter in his movement at her comment, even if he recovered coolly almost immediately, that irritating smile back on his lips in a second.

confusion flickered across her features at his response. "you know, you are so funny." he had a funny sense of humour, didn't he? yu-ha didn't quite get it. admittedly, she felt a bit of sympathy as he spoke of his injury. they were common in their line of work, and yu-ha was fortunate that she'd never sustained an injury serious enough to put her out of commission. the only thing holding her back was her own lack of skill, it seemed. was that more depressing? though, what sort of injury might take him out of canada's figure skating scene but send him back here? she was mildly offended on behalf of the korean team, if he was implying that they were a step down. maybe he'd recovered? she should askโ€”

"but it's fine. it's nice to be back home. have you ever been?" yu-ha quirked an eyebrow at his question. been where? canada? "to canada, i mean. and if not canada, have you ever been out of the country?" for a narcissist, he was surprisingly curious about her life, even if it all still felt like needless small talk. the waiter swooped in then, placing her salad on the table before leaving quickly. yu-ha studied the bowl of vegetables, now looking oddly unappetising. she hadn't much of an appetite, but she was suddenly regretting not having ordered something else, diet or not. well, too late for that. she stabbed a cherry tomato with her fork, swallowing before she spoke.

"no, i don't think so. i have been to europe though."
she paused, her head tilting to the side slightly as she shifted the leaves of lettuces around with her fork, carefully selecting her next piece.
"mostly for figure skating competitions. i don't get much time for leisure, and i suppose i've never really been interested in travel, so it hasn't bothered me much."
sure, she still got her fair share of window shopping and food adventures post-competition, but she'd never been great at letting loose. that sort of thing just... wasn't her thing. the last time she'd travelled for purely leisure purposes had been with her parents, almost 7 years ago. yu-ha had gotten far too busy, and her mother had been perfectly fine with not bringing their daughter along. in fact, she was pretty sure they were planning a trip soon that she was probably not invited to either. it didn't matter enough for her to ask them about it.

yu-ha finally decided on a leaf, eating it daintily before she continued, her gaze back on her companion.
"so you were born in korea. did you come back because of your family? are you from the area?"
her question was accompanied by a loose wave of a hand to gesture to their surroundings if it wasn't clear what she was referring to.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

Offering a smile of thanks to the waiter as he set their food down, dae-hyun happily grabbed his fork. He glanced over at Yu-ha as she began to eat her delicious looking salad. He didn't understand how she was able to sustain herself on the ice with rabbit food. There was chicken, he'd give her that. If he just ate salad before going to practice then he would have passed out. Then again, hockey practice was much more physically demanding. That he was sure of.

The woman's answer to his question confirmed his suspicions. Yu-ha was the workaholic that he guessed her to be. Dae-hyun could have had that confirmed for him the moment she was perturbed by his lateness, though he liked to have a few more facts before he made a sound decision about someone. "There are a lot of beautiful European countries. I think that Finland was my favorite. France was fun because of how surprised everyone was when I started speaking fluent french," He commented as he twirled pasta around his fork. Thank you Canada for giving him the gift of being multilingual at the expense of his comfort. Once he moved from Quebec to Toronto he lost some of his french since they didn't use it as much. Now that he was back in Korea, he'd probably have to go out of his way to practice so as not to loose too much vocabulary. It was a pretty neat party trick.

dae-hyun had been peacefully chewing on his bite of amazing pasta (best regards to the chef), when Yu-ha asked another question. "so you were born in korea. did you come back because of your family? are you from the area?" That was funny. What family? It was a perfectly normal question to ask of most people. Technically speaking he had legal parents. Yet they never did a damn thing for him except gloat over the fact they shipped him across the world. Yeah, they totally the reason of his success and not his hardworking blood, sweat, and tears. So they would have never affected his decision to come back.

It was more the sense of familiarity really. He grew up twenty minutes from where he was living now. It made it easy for him to stop in at the orphanage that raised him and check in on all the old nuns. They were still the same seemingly strict old ladies that broke under the pressure of puppy eyes from the younger kids. It was weird to hear the younger children call him samchon rather than hyung. Was he that old now? "I grew up just outside of the city. You could say family was a factor, I guess. It was more being drawn back to familiar surroundings," He explained after swallowing. He wasn't a fan of sharing his sob story. Saying "oh, I'm an orphan" was a waste of breath. dea-hyun wasn't a fan of the look of pity on people's faces. Usually that lead to people walking on eggshells and holding their tongues around him. He really hated that. It had happened so long ago, it was just who he was at this point.

This was a professional relationship anyway. He wasn't required to share information about his past. "I can tell you're not from Busan by your accent. Where'd you grow up?" He asked, before shoving another bite of shrimp into his mouth. May as continue this thought under the false pretenses of bonding. Wasn't that what this lunch was about? Let's pretend it was going well for the sake of the coach.

coded by hanthesunbeam

lee yu-ha

filler

filler

filler

• filler

his interest with making small-talk was unexpected, and the fact that yu-ha was reciprocating was odd as well, even to her. again, "getting to know" someone had never been high up there on her priority list when she first made someone's acquaintance, but it certainly helped that dae-hyun was talkative. she imagined if she'd had to sit across from eun-hye and pretend like she cared at all about her personal life, she'd have left the moment she'd emptied her water cup. her head tilted to a slight angle as he mentioned french. he'd been from quebec, then. that was the province in canada that spoke french, right?

his answer to her next question was more vague than she'd expected.
"ah,"
yu-ha replied, her eyebrows raising slightly in a show of interest that didn't reach her eyes,
"i see."
honestly, with the likes of him, she'd fully been expecting to hear his entire life story, but it seemed there was more than he was letting on. no matter, she could care less about his familial background. well, she was marginally curious, but not enough for her to pursue the topic.

"i can tell you're not from busan by your accent. where'd you grow up?" yu-ha wasn't quite sure why, but the question made her feel strangely self-conscious. maybe it was the fact that she was almost alone in a completely different city on her own, here to pursue a dream that was starting to feel a little futile. was it obvious she didn't belong? dae-hyun had probably meant it as an off-hand thing, and yu-ha was almost definitely thinking far too much into it, but it irritated her nonetheless.

"incheon."
her reply was curt, and she jabbed at a piece of chicken as she thought about what else she could say. nothing about her family, for sure. were there any comparisons to be made to the two cities? she'd barely gone around busan enough to figure that out, and asking about whether he'd been to incheon was far from something in her realm of interest. frankly, she could've just gone quiet at this point, but she supposed there was one thing she'd be interested to hear about.
"you said earlier that... you stopped skating because of an injury, yes?"
she stopped to chew another bite of her food, swallowing before she continued calmly,
"what was it?"

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

Frankly part of him just wanted to stop talking and eat. This pasta was absolutely the best choice he could have made. The flavor was way more interesting than the current conversation dae-hyun was having with Yu-ha. It was as much as to be expected for a person who spent her entire life on the ice and never really lived. I mean, who travels to a whole other country for a competition and only sit in their room and practice. It honestly gave him shivers just thinking about it. He had taken every opportunity to skip practice while being in exciting places. Sure, he had been to new york and boston so many times it almost became boring, but the first few times were exciting to say the least.

Probably the funniest thing was being with a bunch of Canadians while in Korea. They had no clue what to do. It was the funniest thing to watch them struggle with their very broken language skills. dae-hyun would pay good money to go back to that korean barbecue where his one team mate made an absolute fool of himself and he just let it happen. Ah, good times, good times.

After Yu-Ha's answer to his question, he nodded in understanding. Incheon, huh, made sense. He probably would have guessed Seoul first, but you know, it was close enough. He waited for a second to be sure she was done with her sentence. Ok, one word answers. If this was how the rest of lunch, and their career, was going to be together, oh boy was this just going to be a blast. Was it too quick to judge? Probably. Yu-Ha could very well be talkative when she warmed up to people, but he didn't see that from the very easily worn scowl on her face. RBF runs too strong with this one for that to be true.

There was a silence that settled over them. Dae-Hyun could have very well filled it with another meaningless question and gotten another as equally thrilling answer. But his pasta was way more entertaining. Then Yu-Ha spoke up as he took another bite of food. "you said earlier that... you stopped skating because of an injury, yes?" He nodded in response, he thought they were over this subject, but I guess he was wrong. She continued, "what was it?" Well that was wonderful. Time to admit he actually had brain damage. Nothing like telling that to the woman who would probably lord it over his poor injured head. It was more annoying than it was painful or upsetting. Yu-Ha just seemed like the type to do so.

Taking a sip of his water to wash down his food, he returned his attention back to his lunch company. "I fell," He started, level headed tone and straight faced, "It can get pretty rough sometimes between us hockey guys in the heat of the moment, and I was in a fight with a guy on the red wings team. My helmet came off and I fell back and cracked the back of my head on the ice." He explained rather dryly. And if one was wondering whether or not it hurts to slam your skull into solid ice, he was here to confirm that yes, yes it did. Surprisingly there was also a lot of blood, which he hadn't quite expected. Not that he was conscious to see it. "I ended up with a rather bad concussion that affected my ability to shoot a clean goal. So I got cut from the team," If one were listening very closely, you might be able to hear the slight bitter tone dae-hyun held at the end of that sentence. Yeah, that still stung.

coded by hanthesunbeam

Last edited:

lee yu-ha

filler

filler

filler

• filler

something shifted in him as soon as her question was asked, not that yu-ha really noticed, past the sip of water and surprising seriousness in his response. wouldn't he be the type to laugh it off like it was nothing? though, injuries were always a big thing for figure skaters. it could spell the end of a career, but considering dae-hyun was here to get back to it, it must've still been manageable. she supposed it was enough to have to get him booted from the canadian team, however, so it was still somewhat bad.

"i fell," yu-ha nodded understandingly, though her eyebrows would come to knit together as he continued, "it can get pretty rough sometimes between us hockey guys in the heat of the moment, and i was in a fight with a guy on the red wings team. my helmet came off and i fell back and cracked the back of my head on the ice." yu-ha shook her head, just about ready to stop him, her mouth slightly ajar as her mind slowly processed his words. hockey? her eyes widened as her confusion morphed into annoyance. had he been leading her to believe that he was a figure skater this whole time? intentionally? or had she just assumed?

"i ended up with a rather bad concussion that affected my ability to shoot a clean goal. so i got cut from the team." it was hard to miss the spitefulness in his final words, though mixed along with the bluntness of the rest of his recount, it wasn't particularly out of place. she must've hit a sore spot, but that was far from the least of her concerns. silence fell as the wheels in yu-ha's head turned slowly, the gears shifting into place as she thought back to the rest of the conversation. no way.

she might've inquired more about the concussion in any other situation, but there was another elephant in the room that was far too big to be ignored.
"...hockey?"
she said, her tone warily slow,
"you were a hockey player? not a figure skater?"
her next breath came out in a half-laugh, the corners of her mouth turning up ever so slightly in disbelief. had coach been so desperate that he'd brought in someone with 0 experience? oh, she was fucked.
"i need to see this."
she murmured, her smile painfully forced as she raised her hand to ask for the check.

nevermind that both of them were barely half-finished with their food.
"finish your food. we're going to the rink."
her words were barked out clearly as an order, and he'd be able to read it on her face clear as day: this was non-negotiable. if he couldn't finish his food in his next three bites, that'd be too bad for him. it was absolutely an urgent matter to inspect what kind of imbroglio she'd been tossed so unceremoniously.

good thing she'd already been prepared to do some practice today that she'd left her bag and things at the rink in advance, though yu-ha was sure dae-hyun hadn't had the same thing in mind. the short journey here from the restaurant that was thankfully in close vicinity had been uneventful, save for yu-ha, turning a completely deaf ear to any sort of protests he'd had. she'd used her classic, too-efficient "my way is the right way", weaselling his shoe size out of him with a bit of effort and then leaving him in the locker room to wait patiently, not unlike a child left at daycare. as soon as she'd slipped into something a little more comfortable, she'd headed for the front counter, greeting the receptionist who would've gotten far too used to her presence by now with a polite half-smile.
"do you have any figure skates in size 11?"

the employee disappeared behind the shelves for a brief moment, emerging triumphantly with a pair of black laced skates. "is it for the guy you've just brought in? new partner?" yu-ha quelled the slight irritation that bubbled at his question, annoyed by the fact that it might've been a jab at how many partners she'd gone through recently, but with the laid-back tone he'd used, she doubted he'd meant it. the receptionist didn't even speak often to coach other than for training, and he was a pleasant guy otherwise. she nodded, taking the skates from where he'd lain them on the counter between them, though she said nothing else besides a curt "thank you", turning back towards the locker room where she'd come from only moments earlier.

she found dae-hyun where she'd left him, the equipment she promised to procure now hanging from her slender hand by the laces. , and now as she held it out the pair of shoes to him, her other hand on her hip, it was written clearly in her expression that she wouldn't be expecting much of this little mock test she was springing on him so suddenly.
"you won't struggle putting these on, right?"
her question came out somewhat sarcastically, accompanied by the slight lift of an eyebrow. without waiting for a reply, she placed the skates against the seat he was on, setting out to get her own skates from her locker. at this point, this bit had become a routine she'd practised every day, from the gentle wipe she'd give her blades to the gentle shut of the locker door and a quick swipe of the combination lock.

as yu-ha turned from her now-closed locker, she inspected her skates, turning them about. her own skates were a white pair that had still kept its sheen only through her meticulous maintenance of its condition and colour throughout the years. they weren't her first pair, but these were the same skates that had taken her to her brief tryst at the olympics, so there was some sentimental value, even if yu-ha was far from a sentimental person. though, looking at them now, she made a mental note to add blade-sharpening to her to-do list. it was only when she reached the door of the locker room that the figure skater even bothered to shift her gaze back to her partner as if just remembering he was there.
"c'mon, let'sโ€”"
yu-ha stopped mid-sentence as she realised dae-hyun had already laced his skates up. not that odd of a practise, and with the softness of the floor the blades probably wouldn't be damaged much, but it set a bemused smile on her lips nonetheless.

"you're eager."
she observed, just that bit of mocking in her tone,
"i usually wait till the bleachers to get the skates on, but each to their own."
yu-ha beckoned for him to follow her as she pushed the door open, holding it out for him. she didn't particularly like him, but yu-ha wasn't that discourteous. she'd been raised with better manners to know to not ignore someone who'd be hobbling like a turtle out of water.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

There was another long pause after he finished telling her exactly what had happened to him. Yu-Ha had a mixed look in her gaze. Confusion, frustration, and a bit of disbelief written in the furrowed brow and frown that was set on her face. Dae-Hyun could tell that something was not adding up the way she had expected. He wondered if he should ask what had her so flabbergasted or just wait for her to talk. "...hockey?" His eyebrows raised as he nodded slowly. What was he missing here? That answer came rather shortly, "You were a hockey player? not a figure skater?"

Wait. What? He blinked a few times in her direction. He thought she knew. Obviously the coach had not told Yu-Ha about him in any detail. Dae-Hyun was fairly certain that him being a hockey player would have probably come up if they had a conversation longer than a minute about him. In no way was this misunderstanding his fault. He had never claimed to be a figure skater, Yu-Ha must have assumed that on her own. He actually found it rather amusing in the moment. Skating was skating, ice was ice, sticks, pucks, and goals were the only things that were different.

He watched her with interest as she asked for the bill, a curt smile on her face. He looked from the waiter to his company as the paper came for her to sign. "finish your food. we're going to the rink." She demanded once the waiter had left. He opened his mouth slightly to protest but decided last minute just to let out a soft sigh. He looked down at his half finished pasta. Distain filled Dae-Hyun's face as he realized that he couldn't shove this down his throat without throwing up. He felt a bit sad over the delicious dish. What a waste.

---​

The rink wasn't far. Dae-Hyun had attempted to continue some sort of a conversation with the ice witch he was currently in the company of. Talking to Yu-Ha, he was learning rather quickly, was like talking to a brick wall. He had mentioned something about how he wasn't exactly dressed for the occasion. He skated in hockey gear for years, so jeans shouldn't be that much of a problem. He assumed there would be a pair of skates for him to use, since Yu-Ha so confidently stated she wanted to see him on the ice right this moment and shot him down when he suggested they just come back to it tomorrow or that evening. That and she asked for his shoe size amongst the rather exhilarating conversation they were having.

Stepping into the building he felt a strong sense of calm. Any ice rink tended to have that affect on him. Skating was almost therapeutic for him. He wondered how long that would be the case from what he had heard about his new partner. He wasn't exactly looking forward to butting heads every single practice. When they stepped into the locker room, Dae-Hyun did a quick look around. It was....a locker room. Boring, grey lockers with benches. It was almost weird how empty it was. Before there were 20 guys yelling and hyping each other pre-game, celebrating post win, or consoling each other after a loss. This locker room, with it's mundane appearance, felt as cold and lifeless as the gunmetal grey of the standing lockers.

A single flick of his head was all Yu-Ha got in response to her telling him to wait here. He didn't really enjoy being told to sit and stay like a puppy, but he didn't really want to follow after her. Having to force a conversation for another few minutes while being in each others company wasn't something he would enjoy. A nice little break from Yu-Ha would be nice. A calm before the storm as you will. Dae-Hyun pulled the layered shirt off of his black t-shirt, he laid it on the bench without folding it before sitting down with his elbows resting on his knees. His foot tapped with boredom and expectation while he waited while her royal highness took her sweet time. He wasn't sure if this was any better than her stoic company.

She returned a few moments later, gesturing to the skates while he looked up at her from his seat on the bench. "you won't struggle putting these on, right?" Dae-Hyun let out a forced breath through his nose in a half laugh. She decides to speak only to ask uncomfortable questions and make easy below the belt jokes. This was going to be interesting.

"I think I can manage," He scoffed as Yu-Ha moved to grab her own skates from a nearby locker. The hockey player moved to pick them up. He held one in his hand, about to go for the laces when he paused. His eyes moved along the line of the blade, the jagged end catching his eyes. Toe picks. God, he hated figure skates. Dae-Hyun had grown up on a pair of figure skates on the old pond behind the orphanage, but once he got into hockey, he hadn't used a pair of figure skates in years. But it'd be like riding a bike. A skill you never forget and can get right back into soon after.

He had just finished tying the laces when he heard Yu-Ha say she was ready to go. "you're eager." He looked up at her, his mouth open slightly to ask what she meant. "i usually wait till the bleachers to get the skates on, but each to their own." Her tone clearly amused. Right.... He was used to being fully decked out in hockey gear, it was just easier to put your skates on in the locker room. Another habit of the trade I guess. All he did was shrug, Dae-Hyun was rather shameless at this point so there was no burning guilt of embarrassment.

No one looked graceful walking on solid ground in ice skates. No matter how many times he had done it, Dae-Hyun still made his hobbley way over to the side of the rink. Though Yu-Ha made it over to the bleachers before he did, he also had the advantage of getting on the ice before her. He could try out these figure skates. Even if it wasn't the figure skater way, Dae-Hyun pushed himself over the edge of the wall, throwing his leg up over the side to land on the other side. Normally he'd take off at almost full speed, especially at a player switch, but the toe pick immediately caught on the ice, causing him to grab onto the wall to avoid falling over.

He didn't fall though, he was able to catch himself before tumbling over onto the harsh surface of the rink below. Careful Dae-Hyun, don't want another concussion. Once he was stable though, he pushed off, making his way around the ice rink once at a quick pace. Cross overs to change directions, he skated to the center while going backwards. The sound of the ice being cut by the blade being the only thing he focused on. He came to a fast stop, spraying ice with the side of the blade. He glanced over at Yu-Ha, giving her a rather confident look. "You coming slow poke?" He called from his place on the ice.

coded by hanthesunbeam

Last edited:

lee yu-ha

filler

filler

filler

• filler

dae-hyun's brazenness was almost admirable, and yu-ha watched on with mild amusement as he hobbled his way to the ice rink, overtaking him with ease as she slid into her usual spot on the bleachers to lace up her skates. she shook her head in annoyance as he hopped the wall from the lowest row, her attention returning back to her skates just in time to miss him nearly stumbling the moment he hit the ice. by the time yu-ha looked up again, her frustratingly arrogant partner was whizzing around the ice like a show-off, and she made a noise of displeasure. his ego was unmatched, clearly, from how he triumphantly pulled to a stop despite his brutish antics, teasing her from where he stood. "you coming, slowpoke?"

with a sigh, she pushed herself to her feet, using the door to enter the rink like any normal, sane person. the feeling of her blades cutting through the ice was satisfying like nothing else, and yu-ha took her own sweet time making it to where dae-hyun stood, partly too because she simply wanted to make him wait.
"i'm glad you're not falling all over the place, at least."
she remarked, her eyes wandering across his form,
"though it's glaringly clear now you were a hockey player."
her tone held the slightest bit of disdain, though it came less from a disrespect of the sport and more from the absolute horror it would be teaching him how to be graceful. yu-ha wasn't even sure if that was possible, and she was even more wary of putting much effort into it. she supposed, at least, she should hazard a try.

yu-ha clapped once and began skating, turning with practiced ease to face dae-hyun as she spoke.
"how's your flexibility?"
the sour expression that spread across his face was telling enough, and yu-ha rolled her eyes. god, this was going to be work, but at least she'd get to be smug about it.
"we'll start with something easy. it's called an arabesque spiral, and it's basically a glide with your leg upโ€”"
she paused, then turned on her blade's edge once more.
"maybe it's better if i just show you."

with that, she picked up speed until she'd worked up a decent amount of momentum before lifting her leg in one swift, graceful motion, forming a near-split in the air she glid across the ice. she held the pose for a few brief moments before relaxing, coming to a neat little stop with a slight twirl. the hand that had been outstretched with her form came to rest on her hip, while the other gestured towards dae-hyun, inviting him to take center stage.
"if you're so adept at skating, i'm sure you wouldn't need the wall, right? go ahead."
her words were accompanied with the slightest of a smug smirk, goading him on. yu-ha wholly expected dae-hyun to fail, though she might take it as a pleasant surprise if he succeeded on his first try. with the way he was lumbering about like an oaf, though, her hopes weren't high.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:

back

mood

outfit

interactions

• b

Hwang Dae-Hyun

Yu-ha didn't take long after he called over to her to get up from her spot and make it over to the ice. Dae-hyun wasn't known to be patient, so as she took her sweet time to make it over to where he was waiting, he impatiently dug his one skate into the ice and drummed his fingers against his hip where his hand sat. His arms came up to cross over his chest, eyebrow arching up at her off handed comment about being pleasantly surprised that he could skate at all. He couldn't help but scoff. He held his tongue, though it wasn't easy. It was the first day, and while getting on Yu-ha's nerves sounded rather appealing, dae-hyun decided to hold off. Not because he liked her, but because he didn't want her to go on a long winded snobbish rant about how figure skaters where superior to hockey players. Eun-Hye had made that argument once. It caused break up number...three? did that one week break count as a break up? ah, well, it didn't really matter.

"how's your flexibility?" her curt question brought up a point he hadn't exactly thought about. Without thinking, his face scrunched up almost into an expression of disgust. He stretched enough to warm up, but it wasn't a usual practice for him. Dae-hyun wasn't a gymnast, nor had he ever cared about something as unimportant as flexibility. He could touch his toes....well almost. The thought of him attempting the splits probably prompted his unpleasant facial expression. Uhh, no thanks.

Yu-ha started off explaining what she wanted him to do. He blinked at her as she began to explain. He would never tell her, his pride being too large of a barrier for that, dae-hyun was glad she opted for a visual. Almost all figure skating terms flew right over his head and he couldn't even picture how to go about it. He watched with interest, taking a few mental notes on what she was doing. Yeah, he could do that. When she came to a stop, Yu-ha opened the ice up for him to skate. He let out a huff in annoyance. The arrogant glint in her eyes was starting to get on his nerves. That smirk? Even worse.

Oh, he'd show her.

"It's just: get fast, lift your leg up, and do a spin-y thing. How hard could it be?" He snarked in return while pushing himself off from his position. Coming around the curve after having built a fair amount of speed, dae-hyun prepped himself to skate on one foot. His balance was just fine. With a fair amount of confidence the hockey player moved forward to bring his leg into the air. He barely got his foot off the ice before wobbling, but he managed to catch himself and remain upright. Not without his arms failing out like a bird. He did, however, achieve his one legged stance as he made it across the ice. He held to position for a moment before sloppily bringing it back to the ice. Look at that. He was a natural. Sure he was incredibly unstable. Ok, and not graceful at all with his back bent and his arms flopping around. And yes, his leg barely made it to 90 degrees outstretched. But he still did it (looking like a 5 year old of course).

Standing straight he did a very slow half turn before facing Yu-ha, a bright smug smile on his face, still gliding on the other end of the ice rink. "See, I'm a natur-" His sentence was abruptly cut off. Legs flailing out behind him as he came crashing down to the ice. Dae-hyun groaned quietly as he laid face first on the cold surface, trying to catch his breath since the wind knocked out of him. He cursed the day toe picks were ever invented in his mind. Yu-ha was going to have a field day with this, wasn't she? Whatever. It was once. He wouldn't fall again. He learned his lesson. No use in being embarrassed about it.

Dae-hyun pushed himself up off the ice, going to a half kneeling position. He gave a pointed glare in Yu-ha's direction before staggering back up to standing. Taking a deep breath and brushing himself off, he was preparing himself for her next words. There was no way she was letting the fact he fell go. "Right, well. What's next?" He asked, as he straightened back up and looked her in the face. Dae-hyun made sure to remind himself to not show weakness in this moment. That's when they go in for the kill. They being lions or, in this case, Lee Yu-Ha.

coded by hanthesunbeam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back