Glyphs Online: RP Based MMO game in the works

Serifaz

Logo.png

Glyphs Online is an MMORPG in the works.

The goal of this game is to create an environment where people can actually become anything they want in any setting they want.

So say you want a scifi setting you would choose a scifi server and go from there(Currently we are working on the fantasy server so one thing at a time haha).

Characters are going to have a massive amount of customization options so people can really get creative.

Before I go much further this game is in fact being made and will be released before march 2017

The server and client have already been mostly developed. as of right now we are just building the world, and getting the ability system finished

aswell as some basic mmo features.

FEATURES ALREADY DONE:

(Note: we are using some assets purchased at this point so as to speed up the creation process.)

Housing: Players may lay claim to land and then build on it increasing its value or sell the property out right if they wish to do so.

Basic MMO Features:(Such as in game mail, dueling, different mob types like quest givers and contracters).

PROFESSIONS:(Mining, Alchemy, Woodworking... to name a few.)

FEATURES PARTIALLY DONE:

SPELLS: (Different Spells and Abilities will be crafted at a elemental forging station)

RP INTEGRATION:(Players will be able to create immersive plots that other players may partake in and incorporate their own stories as well as the scenario reaches completion)

QUESTS:(Quests are Made by players, they may choose from gathering resources that they may want/need to killing a specific mob for them. These quests will give player specified rewards and will be obtainable from a Contract npc that will accept and distribute these quests.)

FEATURES TO BE IMPLEMENTED:

World Generation:(It is the ultimate goal to make players able to really create everything. Including the world they choose to be in.

Although this is far from done, this is a long term goal).

CHARACTER MODELS:(This is very close to done).

COMMUNITY SUGGESTIONS:

Please make a suggestion for things you would like to see in the game.

If in reason we will do our best to implement it and it will be added to this section under community suggestions.

SOME IMAGES OF THINGS BEING WORKED ON OR ALREADY IMPLEMENTED:

Female Base Model: Without customizataions.(Vert count will be lowered)

update_with_cloth started.jpg

Male Model is in the works at the moment.

But this is what we have sofar.

The world:

(The base world that will be open to everyone.)

map.png

0ee8faaa-8060-4a86-b95c-eb9e9290c391_scaled.jpg24c885be-f3d4-412d-af94-172eadf763e9_scaled.jpg47d545f2-1d23-4fb6-a880-f504abd87728_scaled.jpg18235d73-5e0b-4a77-8a46-666099b53bf2_scaled.jpg803397ee-0c97-4163-9f02-6af3945949ec_scaled.jpgc3377810-4ff0-4c6b-a45e-4b3bcb099b9f_scaled.jpgd4214e72-d1bd-4c2a-ada9-b43b88215edc_scaled.jpgf3a8981c-e6c6-4919-9ef4-882e1ba9c936_scaled.jpg

SPELL EFFECTS

If you wish to help / participate in this. please pm me or post in this thread.
NOTE: Working on this is not going to need coding at this point. We need people to create

spell effects_1.pngspell effects_2.pngspell effects_3.pngspell effects_4.pngspell effects_5.pngspell effects_7.pngspell effects_8.pngspell effects_9.png

If you feel like helping with the project please pm me or post in this thread.

I will be giving out the game without any charge to everyone on this site on release.

spell effects_6.png

Hot damn.... This looks interesting... and very ambitious. First MMO concept I've seen that wants to encourage roleplaying though. :)  

@Anarchist Ok so the goal of this game is to implement an RP environment for players, where players don't have to feel out of place or ridiculed by other mmo players for doing what they enjoy :).

There are different chat windows for this reason.

Out of/In character chat.

Trade chat.

General chat

and world chat.

There are no races. Instead you will create a character and customize it as you wish.

In the end you will have a character type. weather humanoid dragon or whatever you will end up with a character type that is the most your characters race will be defined aside from your story.

Characters do not have set factions, instead they choose routes they wish to take and that will end them up making decisions that will ultimately effect how there standing is with one faction or another.

Character Customization is going to be soo massive that you could spend hours in character customization and still not even scratch the surface of available features.

Characters can create factions that you will be able to earn prestige with from there quest givers and distributing things like resources (Gold, Water, Wood, Stone, ect)

In general the game's goal is to fully immerse the players in other players stories and incorporate there own.

Players will need to make there story playable through different settings and options to create the story that they will play by.

Or they can be a part of someone's story and play a key character.

@Flooffy Thanx I hope you guys end up deciding to help or even try things out when alpha is released.

@StoneWolf18 I have been working on this project for a while now. and I am very excited to see it near it's completion

I'm very much into MMO scene, since I was a child and have a lot of experience in gaming world and I'm used to giving detailed feedback, if you need testers.

If that's the primarily looking, I would be willing to help out 

we completely revamped the female model to fit the environment better.

B7ZeMfv.png

The male model is still in the works aswell

I don't know if I could help, but I'd sure as hell love too. I was actually thinking of why there wasn't a game that didn't emphasize and capitalize on the roleplaying consumer base. Games like Roblox and Garry's Mod are filled with role-play servers, but it's mostly left up to the imagination and can easily be ruined by other players. A game where it's mostly about the roleplaying, and custom tailored to that experience would be a very fresh experience.

I'd love to see this! I'm not sure what I can do on the coding or art side but if any flavor text or writing needs to get done tap me on the shoulder!

The following positions are available if anyone is interested.

C# Developer.

3d modeler / animator  (Training if needed.)

We may have a spot for a ui developer soon.

Not for sure

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry I have to retract my earlier post ... it turns out that we will be implementing a system for players to build there own worlds before release. because of this there will be no more need for a world builder at this point. as players will be making the worlds they wish to be in. Which others can join when invited, or if the world status is open to anyone

yes I agree. I started this project years ago. its nice to see it start to take form.

Male revamp in progress.... (Looks like mega man atm).

x)

Base female almost done. still many options to implement for creation.

NOTE:(We are training possible 3d modelers to work on models.)

If interested please contact me on the site or on skype

Skype = Serifaz2

64DSwoo.png

Looks good, it is not the first game I have seen with mechanics in place that are friendly to RP (That goes to Bytro labs and their game Supremacy 1914. Still around and if you want to support the RP community there PM me and I can give yeah a link to help us out :) ) but it is the first game that I have seen that gives that much detail to it and allowing RP. I would support this project

Sorry for the lack of updates. we are rebuilding our rigging system for characters to accommodate for different body types.

For instance a person with an upper body of a man and the lower body of a snake as apposed to a lower horse body,

naturally the upper body will need to be animated differently so its not just swapping out the lower body rig but the upper body .

Keeping materials in this instance seems to be the main issue at this point but we are getting progress.

I will try to keep updates going.

Very novice modeller here, might be interested but I have literally nothing to actually offer so far.

Can I get paid? If I get good enough?

It'd look great on a resume either way so I'd still be interested.

Sounds a lot like Archeage except without the ship combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back