• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Glenbrook High Paranormal Club

Yennie

I'm bored
Welcome to Glenbrook High School's Paranormal Club, started by students brought together by their interest in all things supernatural, strange and inexplicable.

Each student offers something unique to the club and together they make quite the interesting team.​

Overview
This roleplay will be heavily supernatual themed but also slice of life
The focus is on character development, story telling and mystery solving

So the way this will work is sort of like television show episodes
In each episode the team will tackle a new case with all roleplayers involved in dictating the events and outcomes of each case
The characters will retain skill and knowledge from each case, but each one will be different and unrelated unless we decide to go with a part two+ for a particular case
The time limit for each case will vary but in general it will end when a majority of players think we've reached a satisfying conclusion

If there are any questions about this lemme know!

Important to note that there will be no actual school roleplaying, simply the club meetings, the investigations and perhaps some regular life situations when we are on downtime from a case

Character Perks
I'm also including a bit of different way to customize and grow your character, a bit like an RPG
These character perks can be selected to improve your character's level of skill, for now we will start with these basic traits but as the roleplay goes along there will be more perks

You can unlock those perks by simply roleplaying, for example there will be a lockpick perk that helps the team get into places they normally couldn't explore - to unlock this you would have to demonstrate your character practicing picking locks

Researcher: All cases start with research and a wealth of knowledge about all things paranormal can come in handy when investigating the unknown. Having this perk will give you valuable knowledge at key points.
Observant: Whenever you look at a crime scene, there'll be a better chance you'll see something your fellow team members won't.
Connections: Need access to get or see something? No problem, you have connections that'd help you with that.
Techie: Paranormal investigations require lots of often complex technology. With this perk you'll be able to operate it all with ease.
Fighter: When push comes to shove and the team needs a little muscle, that's where you come in. Increased physical capabilities

Requirements
I'll be looking for people that can post several times a week, 3 at the minimum
I'd like 2 paragraphs per post, the post should help keep the pace moving and contribute to the story
Active in the OOC is a must as we'll be talking about the plot quite a lot since each session will be a different story. Plus it's just more fun to roleplay with people you can actually talk to
I'd prefer realistic face claims for this and please be diverse. Glenbrook is not an all white school so our cast shouldn't be either

Interested!

Interested darling!

seems interesting, i've always had a thing for the paranormal ^^

Cool, I'd be happy to have you :)

I'm interested! It reminds me of Ghost Stories, and I'm very game for it.

I think I'll take a go, it seems interesting!

Sounds like fun. Interested.

Hi everyone! Currently in the process of getting us a hosted project but here's the Club Membership Card (CS) for you to get started on
You can post them here when you finish

Club Membership
1. Angel Ashford R
2. Basil Wynters O
3. Antonia Cruz T
4. Julian Taylor F

Character Perks

Specialties
You may select 1 of the following Specialties for your character the (#) indicates how many characters may select this perk, I will edit the number to 'closed' once the perk has been taken. This is just to ensure a good mix of capabilities within the club.

Researcher: All cases start with research and a wealth of knowledge about all things paranormal can come in handy when investigating the unknown. Having this perk will give you valuable knowledge at key points. (closed)
Observer: Whenever you look at a scene, there'll be a better chance you'll see something your fellow team members missed. This often provides clues to help solve a puzzling situation. (1)
Connections:
Need access to get or see something restricted? No problem, you have connections that'd help you with that. Naturally you're a charmer. (1)
Techie:
Paranormal investigations require lots of often complex technology. With this perk you'll be able to operate it all with ease and even create your own tool. (closed)
Fighter: When push comes to shove and the team needs a little muscle, that's where you come in. Increased physical capabilities. (1)
Leader: As intelligent and capable as the club members are they still need direction. You lead this group, this perk gives you the sway to make the ultimate decisions and holds you accountable for the groups activities. (1)

Earned Perks
Each perk will have it's own requirement that you can complete through roleplaying!
Coming soon!

Given Perks
These perks will be given from time to time throughout the roleplay. They will be related to the characters individual specialty.

Character Sheet
Name:
16-18
Appearance: Real life references. Please write a description As well.
Personality: What is your character made of? What are they all about?
Specialty: In the club, what are you the best at doing?
Perks: Your given and earned perks. You will be editing this section as your character learns new things.
Reason for joining: Why did your character join the club? Feel free to include their life story up until this point.
Any additional information: Anything else you think the other players should know about your character. Can be significant things like debilitating diseases, or insignificant things such as a love for coffee. Whatever you want!​

Last edited:
not sure if you want the cs posted here or in another thread, so let me know if there's somewhere else and i'll move it there ^^

full

✰angel ashford✰
Name: Angel Ashford

Appearance: Standing at 5'3 with a delicate frame, it wouldn't be too far-fetched to call him tiny. With his youthful face, fluffy white and pastel blue hair and large, doll-like azure eyes, Angel comes off as adorable in an almost slightly creepy way. He dresses mostly in darker colors and has a rather edgy sense of fashion, and is almost never seen without fingerless gloves or an assortment of wristbands. Angel has his septum and snakebites pierced and often wears a smudging of black eyeliner around his lashes to highlight his eyes.

Personality: Angel's most notable traits are probably his sweet, soft-spoken nature and morbid interests. Such things seem rather contradictory, but that doesn't stop him. He loves nothing more than to brighten his friend's day, enjoys sweet things like candy and cookies and passionately discusses the graphic and suspicious slaughters of what he's read are paranormal victims.
Angel adores animals and will go out of his way to help them.

Specialty: Researcher

Perks: N/A for now.

Reason for joining: Angel has been fascinated by the paranormal for his entire life, even back when he was a child. He really got into it after seeing a paranormal investigation show at the age of 9, and has done plenty of research since then. He joined the club due to his interests, and because hey, what else is the strange kid with no friends going to do on his time off?

Additional information:Angel always, always has a stash of candy on him and will share if asked nicely. He's a major insomniac and addicted to energy drinks, meaning he rarely sleeps and can sometimes get hyper. Angel loves music and he sings and can play the guitar as well. He's also terrified of hospitals and illness/injuries.

code by spookie spookie

3e662e2400211d9c4e483ed1

Name:
Basil Wynters
Appearance: Basil stands at just below six feet and is built like an athlete. He has green eyes, a creamy skin complexion, and has brown hair that is swept to the left. It is normal for Basil to wear professional looking clothes. For example, he is usually seen in public wearing a gray button up shirt, khaki pants, high heeled boots (That boost his height to around six feet), and a cobalt blue tie. On the back of his right hand is a rose tattoo
Personality: Honest and direct, Basil doesn't care much emotions or making sure people's feelings aren't hurt. He's straightforward and honest, which may make him not the best person to explain any bad news, as he will not sugarcoat it. However, he is hard working and honest with himself as well and will admit it if he is in the wrong. With friends, he will not give up on them even when all seems lost and will stand by their side, always loyal and dependable to do any favor.
Specialty: Observer
Perks: N/A
Reason for joining: When he was fifteen, Basil's father died due to an unknown reason. His mother, who was a police officer, believed that it was likely an animal attack, but both Basil and his older brother didn't believe that and even Basil's mother felt something was off from what her belief was. In order to learn more about the paranormal and hopefully figure out the reason of his father's death, Basil joined up with the paranormal club
Any additional information:
  • Basil's brother, who is nineteen, bought an e-cigarette for Basil, which he uses frequently
  • Basil hates the color of apple juice and refuses to drink it. I won't elaborate further.
  • Unknown to Basil is the fact that he has HIV negative
Don't judge me, but I did choose a theme for Basil

73 followers
44 following

xx
Antonia Cruz
I have not failed, I just found another way that doesn't work

• buying a new camcorder~

NEW POST
    *Toni joined the paranormal club*

another sleepless night >.<

my EMF reader is detecting anomalies again

do you ever get the feeling you're not alone?

attending Glenbrook High

Code by @Kumari

I'd be very interested to try this out!

In regards to episodes, though, are players allowed to suggest ideas for episodes?

Of course players are allowed to suggest ideas! Each episode will be a collaborative effort from all us involved which I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of ideas you guys come up with

So here's a few perk ideas I thought of to kind of give you guys a better idea of how this will work. I'm more than open to suggestions and criticisms so don't be shy

Specialty Specific Perks
Adrenaline Rush (Fighter) - You'll find yourself a bit stronger and tougher than usual in combat situations. Given after the first time the character enters a fight.

Silver Tounge (Connections) - You can rather easily persuade people to believe they normally wouldn't as this perk makes you very convincing. Given after the character successfully talks them self out of a sticky situation.

Pacify (Leader) - It'll be much easier for you to calm people down and stop arguments or fights in their tracks. Given after the character successfully diffuses a bad situation.

Light foot (Observer) - You're so light on your feet you almost can't be heard coming, allows you to be very sneaky. Given after the character successfully sneaks into a location.

I really like the idea you have in regards to perks! I'm working on my character right now (He could be the Observer if that's okay :) ) but I've actually got an for an episode!

So pretty much, there could be an episode that revolves around the city of Concord, where reports say that the mangled and decayed bodies of people across the area were found floating in the sewers. A retired nun is lucky enough to see the true entity behind the killings, and calls for the club to help at rid of it.

The creature, named The Corpse, was once a kind and selfless boy named Michel who lived in the town of Concord, but was broken beyond repair by a spiteful girl who went to great lengths to ruin his life and reputation out of pure jealousy. After eight years of endless torment by both the girl, those who were once his friends, and everyone in the school he went to, Michel would vanish one night, never to be heard of again. Some say that his body was dumped into the sewers of the town,l by his killers, while others believe that he commuted suicide in the woods, far from civilization. But one thing

So pretty much, there could be an episode that revolves around the city of Concord, where reports say that the mangled and decayed bodies of people across the area were found floating in the sewers. A retired nun is lucky enough to see the true entity behind the killings, and calls for the club to help at rid of it.

The creature, named The Corpse, was once a kind and selfless boy named Michel who lived in the town of Concord, but was broken beyond repair by a spiteful girl who went to great lengths to ruin his life and reputation out of pure jealousy. After eight years of endless torment by both the girl, those who were once his friends, and everyone in the school he went to, Michel would vanish one night, never to be heard of again. Some say that his body was dumped into the sewers of the town,l by his killers, while others believe that he commuted suicide in the woods, far from civilization. But one thing

So far sounds like something they could tackle once they gain a little recognition for solving cases, would definitely be good!
Were you going to continue? I see the "But one thing" haha

So far sounds like something they could tackle once they gain a little recognition for solving cases, would definitely be good!
Were you going to continue? I see the "But one thing" haha
Lol my mistake XD

I was pretty much gonna say that Concord was never the same after Michel disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back