• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Glenbrook High Paranormal Club - FULL

Yennie

I'm bored

Currently full but you are welcome to follow along!

Will link all corresponding threads here

Welcome to Glenbrook High School's Paranormal Club, started by students brought together by their interest in all things supernatural and inexplicable.

Each student offers something unique to the club and together they make quite the interesting team.

Overview

This roleplay will be heavily supernatual themed but also slice of life

The focus is on character development, story telling and mystery solving

My hope is that this will be a long lasting roleplay with the potential to graduate into something more (thinking the students graduate from high school and join up with a serious paranormal investigation society) - but this is mostly wishful thinking :P

So the way this will work is sort of like television show episodes

In each episode the team will tackle a new case with all roleplayers involved in dictating the events and outcomes of each case

The characters will retain skill and knowledge from each case, but each one will be different and unrelated unless we decide to go with a part two+ for a particular case

The time limit for each case will vary but in general it will end when a majority of players think we've reached a satisfying conclusion

If there are any questions about this lemme know!

There will be no actual school roleplaying, simply the club meetings, the investigations and perhaps some regular life situations when we are on downtime from a case

The Cast

There are a total of 7 characters with 6 slots open as I'll be taking one of them

I will also be playing npcs and things to help further along the story

This is an upper classman club so students aged 16-18 only

Character Perks

These character perks can be selected to improve your character's level of skill, for now we will start with these basic traits but as the roleplay goes along there will be more perks 

You can unlock those perks by simply roleplaying, for example there will be a lockpick perk that helps the team get into places they normally couldn't explore - to unlock this you would have to demonstrate your character practicing picking locks

Researcher: All cases start with research and a wealth of knowledge about all things paranormal can come in handy when investigating the unknown. Having this perk will give you valuable knowledge at key points.
Observant: Whenever you look at a crime scene, there'll be a better chance you'll see something your fellow team members won't.
Connections: Need access to get or see something? No problem, you have connections that'd help you with that.
Techie: Paranormal investigations require lots of often complex technology. With this perk you'll be able to operate it all with ease.
Fighter: When push comes to shove and the team needs a little muscle, that's where you come in. Increased physical capabilities

wip

This is my first ever roleplay on this site so it's not very polished, I apologize for that

Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be updating this post with more info to get things ready

Still I hope we can have fun and enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested! 

Can we only play men, though? Not a huge deal for me, just think it's a little strange for a men only club lol. 

Interested! 

Can we only play men, though? Not a huge deal for me, just think it's a little strange for a men only club lol. 

Sorry that should be upper classman as in Junior and Senior in high school haha

Male and Female and anything in between are more then welcome!

This sounds fun! Welcome to RPN, @Blue Jay! I love your idea of character perks for this roleplay. There's definitely storytelling potential, but I also like how it feels a little like a game. I may want to apply, but first, do you have writing requirements we should be aware of? Post quality, length, and frequency, to be precise. Just want to make sure we're on the same page as far as expectations go. C: 

@Kodiak Thanks! I thought it could be kind of fun to try a new system with the character perks, make it like a game as you said

As for posting requirements I would like 3-4 posts per week as I find once per week usually means a role play will die from the start lol

At least one paragraph per post

I will add this info to the first post, thanks for asking about it since I forgot to include it

Thanks, Blue Jay. You've answered all my questions! Those requirements sound perfectly manageable. C: When you're ready to start accepting characters, I'll very likely throw one in for consideration! 

@Kodiak @2PM @Yumiko @TR41NZ Thank you all for expressing interest!

I would like to create a group or 'hosted project' for this roleplay since that setup would be really convenient for the way this rp will work

Anyone know how to do that?

It seems you have more than 6 interested members on your hands, but if there are any extenuating circumstances with a member I'm interested. 

@Robyn Banks @avira @JustAlexandra Oops forgot to ping you guys in the above!

@Doc I thought 7 was a good number to keep things small but interesting but I would not mind having one more person if you'd like to come aboard!

And I just realized I need 250 posts to use the hosted projects section >.< Which is a real bummer

So I will be making this on the forums and maybe someday we can move it to that section

I'll be pinging you guys again to the character thread and ooc threads shortly!

The IC won't be fancy at all since I'm super lazy with graphics lmao hope that's not an issue for anyone

Last edited by a moderator:
@Blue Jay

You need to have 250 posts to make a hosted RP.

Theoretically, I could make it for you and give you permissions or leadership or w/e but I'm not actually sure if that would work or if it is allowed. 

We could try it with a test hosted RP. 

Oops you already figured the 250 post thing out. awk. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back