• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Glasynys: The Blue Island (closed)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Arragon Jupiter
1524882820791-png.433323
Swishing, screams, a kick or two; my head felt it a little too much. My body twitched too much still. Yet, I could feel my hands rise to life. My eyes open to a boat, multiple people clamoring about with some sort of neutralized hostile. I clicked my right wrist, seeing if the blade was there. An almost silent click evaporated into my ears, I checked the other and it clicked as well. I rubbed my wrists together, slowly cutting the ropes around my hands as the others discussed fighting those upstairs. Their eyes seem to signal that I haven't been spotted. I pant from the taser pain, and the pain of whatever they did to me under. I stood up, maybe hours since I have. My face mostly covered still, I must not been under too long or these guys are more professional at a more lethal task. I probably shouldn't care to find out. Some were moving towards the stairs, some crying to stop and think first. Ha, someone had some sense. The fallen hostile might have a weapon on him, with their distraction, I crouched over to the body and began looting it for something, this guy must have a weapon. If the massive one is upstairs, we'll need it.

"So, come here often?" I said softly, almost a whisper. Just loud enough for them to hear when they quieted down. I wonder what Lucian, Daniel, and Patrick think about right now. Maybe I'll see them again, or maybe I won't. Regardless, I will remorse or ponder later.

Elise Ebele Elise Ebele And everyone else

((Welcome to the main rp, Zalt! ))

E66B6D40-5136-47CE-8168-5307418E2C6F.jpeg
Olabisi
I was checking on the kids when I noticed a guy (Arrogon) over a bit further was waking up. I was about to head over there in a bit, but I guess I can go now. I began to walk towards him but he came over here instead. He went over to the dead gunman and was looking around. I didnt know what he was looking for. Maybe a weapon? he could be searching for a blade. The man had a gun, but Nduguye kicked it away.

I wanted to see if he was okay. He didnt really look hurt, though. I put my self in his sight and pointed to my head, and then his. “Umeumia?” I said, asking if he’d hurt himself.

F9CA165C-E2F9-4C3A-A78B-EC6C05B565FC.jpeg
Obediah-Ishmael
In the process of looking around, I saw that one more person had woken up. (Arrogon) He looked able-bodied and determined enough. O was concerned about him, but I didnt think he was very hurt. “Good morning,” I grinned down at him. I wasnt sure if he knew where he was, but I needed him.

“You’re a captive, man. But we’re heading up to change that. Come with us,” I offered. Though, it was more of an insist. I was going to need man power up there.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Last edited:
1526002038358-png.438606
1526002070469-png.438607

Logan Rogers
Logan stared at his little brother, opening his mouth to say something before it shut when the other man spoke up. He turned his attention to Obediah, listening to the man speak before nodding slightly. The man looked over at the boy, shaking his head as he scoffed. The kid didn't stand a chance in a fight, not with the men they were going to fight. If those guys could kidnap someone like Logan and this Obediah guy, then this kid sure as hell wasn't going to survive while trying to fight back. "Forget it, kid. You'll be killing yourself the second you get upstairs," Logan said, looking away and turning his attention to his little brother.

"Are you staying or coming, Jesse? I'm not staying down here just to wait for you to stop crying. I'm going, with or without you," Logan said, a hint of annoyance in his voice. This is one of the many differences between the brothers. Jesse was far too sensitive and cowardly, while Logan was much more stubborn and ready to go. Logan loved his brother, but there were times the younger sibling annoyed the shit out of him.

Logan looked at Obediah when he heard him speak to him, a smirk on his face. "You'd be dumb as hell if you think I'm not going," Logan said, firmly shaking the other man's hand. "Logan," the man said with a nod before looking toward Arragon. He watched the two before walking over to the posts. "You're coming with us. You look like you can put up a fight, and we need all the help we can get. If we're going to fight, we need weapons," Logan pointed out, reaching down and picking up one of the chains. "We can't go up there without weapons," the man said, looking at the others.

Interactions: Zaltusinel Zaltusinel Elise Ebele Elise Ebele Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

Jesse Rogers
Jesse sniffled and glanced down, wiping his tears as he listened to everyone. The last thing he wanted was for his brother getting killed doing something stupid. That's all Logan ever did, stupid things. Things he would regret in the end. Jesse looked at his brother, crossing his arms over his chest as he heard him. "I'll..." Jesse sighed and looked down, shaking his head. He wanted to help, he knew he had to help, it would increase their chances. But Jesse wasn't a fighter, he's never even punched someone before. That's the whole reason they were in this men. Jesse couldn't fight back, he wasn't strong enough.

"I'll stay here with the others. Keep watch. If I have to fight, if someone comes down here, I'll take care of it," Jesse said with a small nod, though he didn't know if he even believed himself. Could he fight back? He just hoped to god nobody would come down. The teenager let out a soft sigh and looked over at O. "I'll help out, anything you need me to do, just tell me." Jesse gave the girl a small nod and took a step back, staying out of everybody's way.

Interactions: Elise Ebele Elise Ebele

D96A243E-2004-47E2-8910-E2E819855471.jpeg
Olabisi
I stood up and dusted my clothes, looking at the brothers. The older of the two was definitely the protector of the two, a lot like my Nduguye. The younger probably had his strengths in gentler areas, like my self. There was nothing wrong with that, of course.

I sent a soft smile to the younger brother, who said he would stay here and act as second line. “Asante..” I thanked. I started to ravage through my clothes, finding that I still had my bag at my waist. They hadnt taken our things yet. I dug around to see if I had any thing on me that could help out, and I did. It was a knife that I had made with Sakurai Sensei last year... I was going to miss him. It was an eight centimeter blade, and could be useful. I wasnt too sure which brother would need it more. Perhaps I would let them decide betwneen the two of them. But I did hand it to the younger.

46F3440A-214D-4FA5-B259-D8B0A3137D62.jpeg
Obediah-Ishmael
I was okay with the younger brother staying down here. The last thing I would want would be for him to get up there and be an easy target. The older brother did seem very protective. I think the two of us will be fin up there, actually.

I wrapped a section of my chain around my wrist and hand and let a good bit of it hang. I began to swing it, and the free movement I was getting pleased me. I knew this would be a good weapon for me. And I could always use my hands if need be. The chain had actually broken in two, so I handed the older brother the other portion. “What can I call a brother in the fight?” I smiled, asking him for his name.[/IMAGEFLOAT]

Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726

James Hannah
Mentions: Elise Ebele Elise Ebele

James tried not to look disappointed when the older captives rejected his help. He sighed. It's probably for the best. I need to look after Mikayla anyways.
That's when Mikayla began to stir, crying in her sleep. James's eyes widened, and he pulled his little sister onto his lap, holding the small girl like a baby.
"Shhhh, Kaylee..." He whispered.

~Mikayla Hannah~

Darkness. Fear. Pain. Pain like all her nerves were awakening all at once. Mikayla struggled, feeling like she was drowning. Then she heard a voice. Not just any voice.
"James?" The girl opened her eyes, squinting. She touched the top of her head with her hand and then swiftly recoiled it.
"Mikayla, are you okay?" James asked. Mikayla didn't respond right away. Just wrinkled her nose like she smelled a skunk.
"He whacked me, James."
"Who? Who whacked you?" James didn't remember the kidnapping.
"Some tall idiot who was strangling you." Mikayla could be pretty blunt, for a 5 year old. It was surprising she remembered though, since she had been whacked on the head. Then she looked around. "Where's mama?" James sighed.
"She isn't here. They didn't take her." James was worried about her now. What would mom think? She'd be worried sick. A window, pouring in light from above, told James that it was daytime, and his mother already knew they were gone.
"But...." Mikayla bit her lip. She was tough, but she was still 5. "I want mama!" James squeezed her hand.
"The men are going upstairs to fight off the bad guys, and then we'll go home, okay?" Mikayla's eyes widened.
"You're a man, James, are you going upstairs? Do you have your knife?!" James clenched his jaw.
"I'm not going, Mikayla. I'm staying here with you."
Mikayla was satisfied with that and turned to the black boy (Boy) that sat beside her and James.
"Hello, I'm Mikayla... what's your name?" James watched her and smiled wearily, laying back against the wall. Mikayla would be alright now. He could rest.

Last edited:
011A1F24-F3A6-4F6E-892D-B709DA61F0FE.jpeg
Boy
Boy could see the disappointment in James’ eyes when his sister asked if he was going up stairs. Obviously, James was much more brave of a guy than Boy could be, he thought, because “Negros run from danger.” That was one of his saying, and he said it a lot.

Either way, he was glad that Mikayla had finally woken up. Boy gave his best smile when she turned to him. “The name’s Boy, sweet Miss,” he grinned. “Its nice to make your acquaintance... The rough guys’ll have us outta here real soon... we just gotta wait.” He at least wanted to convince himself.

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour

1526002038358-png.438606
1526002070469-png.438607

Logan Rogers
Logan watched the other two men before turning his attention to his brother. "Whatever. But if someone comes down here, you fight. The last thing we need are these kids getting more hurt than they already are," Logan said, watching as the colored girl handed the knife to his brother. Logan didn't trust Jesse could protect the people down here, but he knew someone had to do it. "Don't fuck this up," Logan warned before turning away from his brother to face Obediah. He watched the other male, taking the chain from the man. "Logan. That's my brother, Jesse," the man said, motioning toward his little brother before making eye contact with Obediah once more.

"Are you ready? We need to get up there, now. Before they decide to get down here themselves," Logan said, heading toward the stairs before stopping and looking back at the two other men. "We don't have all day. I'd like to get back home before midnight," Logan snapped, though there was a hint of joking amusement in his voice but not his eyes. The man turned away from the others and headed up the steps quietly, ready to bring some pain.

Jesse Rogers
The younger brother looked at the girl and smiled a bit, taking the knife. He looked at his brother, frowning at his words before he looked away. "Yeah, I know. I'm not stupid, Logan," Jesse muttered, folding the knife and slipping it into his pocket. He would fight if he had to, period. He wasn't going to chicken out. He was staying down here to protect the kids and the wounded. The last thing Jesse wanted was for any of these kids to get hurt. He'd rather risk his life than let them happen.

Jesse sighed softly watching his brother before he walked over to Olabisi and joined her and the kids. He sat down beside the group of kids, leaning back against the wall. "He's stupid if he thinks we're getting home by midnight..." Jesse muttered, glancing at O. "Do you speak any English?" he asked, tilting his head to the side as he watched her. He had caught those foreign words, that accent. She wasn't American, it was clear to see. Her brother knew English though, so did she? He hoped so...he wanted someone other than kids to talk to.

939B3B93-C96C-40E5-8ED7-13B485F6104C.jpeg
Olabisi
I handed the knife to the younger brother and then grabbed my own before he left. I knew he was confident he’d come back, but he was prone to doing very stupid things when his head was not all the way clear. I pulled him by the sleeve of his shirt down to where I could reach him and planted a kiss on his cheek. “Nakupenda...” I whispered, before letting him go. I shot him a glance to let him know I’d be very angry if he didnt come back.

After I let him go, I sat down. Me and Jesse put our bodies between the kids and the exit.. Hopefully our brothers would be able to handle shiz up there, because I knew how useless I was at fighting.

The brother Jesse turned to me at one point to ask me if I spoke English. I turned to him for acknowledgement, and then turned right back towards the exit. Now I was shaking a bit more than I was before. I didnt know if I could talk to him. After a moment or two, I simply shook my head. It was a lie of course... I lie I probably could have gotten away with easier if I had shrugged instead of shaking my head. I made that mistake a lot... maybe he missed it.

((You can have him notice of course.))

D3B480C1-5221-4724-B823-84DA6B8E6208.jpeg
Obediah-Ishmael
I needed O to have a bit more faith in us... I didn’t plan on dying. But I would protect this ship no matter what, and I knew Logan would too. I returned O’s gesture by patting her head and telling her in her own language that I wold be back soon.

I then turned to Logan and nodded to let him know I was ready. “Hearts and souls to the cause, Logan,” I smiled, licking my lips. I was ready for a fight indeed.

I headed up the stairs with Logan and slowly opened the door once we reached that point. Through the first door, we were still below deck. It was a small hall... there were probably a few rooms here, and I could only guess most every one was on deck. “There aren’t that many rooms here... maybe four,” I whispered to Logan. “Should we check each one? And do you think we should split up... I’m confident in my killing skills. What about you?”

Last edited:
5CD88CD9-9879-4F32-A1A6-51D3C74B683D.jpeg
Boy
Boy could only watch as the two guys headed up the stairs alone. If only he were a bit bigger... then he could help as well... maybe. He would also need a butt ton more of bravery. He knew he defiantly was not in any hurry to grow up for reasons like this one. He was a coward, and he felt safer that way. When Jesse and Olabisi sat down with them and all the other kids, he felt slightly relieved.

He was still scared, though. He tried his hardest to hold back the tears, because he didnt want every one to see him cry again. Plus, Mikayla and Macy might feel more scared if he cried. He needed to be strong like James. “Lord help those two...” He whispered the little prayer, hoping in a place as dark as this, that it would reach Heaven. “You both have cool brothers...” hw said to Olabisi and Jesse. Must be neet.

~Mikayla Hannah~

Mikayla saw a little girl around her age, and instantly ran up to her. "Hi! I'm Mikayla. Wanna be friends?"

James Hannah
Mentions:

James's eyes spent their time in-between watching the door for danger and watching Mikayla, flitting like a careless bird. He didn't know whether to be mad at her for being so careless or envy her innocent youth.

Last edited:
8FF96CDB-4F17-4789-8E55-592C8CBA9A55.jpeg
Boy
Boy watched as James’ gaze shifted from the exit to his sister. It was obvious the two of them were just as anxious. There was no sound coming from the upstairs. Come to think of it, Boy had realized there was no way of knowing the outcome, should the two men they had sent, had lost. Boy figured that if they came back, then they had won. If not, then more of the bad guys would come down... either way, he supposed they should know their outcome once it had been reached.

He shrugged and shook his head hard. There was no victory in dwelling on the bad. He turned to James’ sister Mikayla, who seemed to be trying to talk to Macy, and smiled. Then he turned to James again. “I wish I could be as hopeful and happy as your sister.... or even as brave or foolish as Logan and Obediah.... I reckon I’d be more useful either way,” he whispered. He scratched an itch on his head and yawned. It was nice to be out of the chains, but they were far from free. “James... lets you and me be friends if we live, ok? You and I... ought to work to gether to look after this lot,” he tried to smile, gesturing at the two girls. There was a one other little boy (Isaac) who had not woken up yet. Boy could only hope he was ok.

CtrlAltDelicious CtrlAltDelicious

James Hannah

James smiled, and nodded, confirmatively. "That sounds like a great idea." He watched Mikayla and Macy, too. "They'll need some men to protect them."

D085F121-897F-4DBD-BAD2-0061516D1ACE.jpeg
Boy
Boy let a bright smile spread over his face, right before a few tears fell down his cheeks. “I’m sorry...” he sniffed, still smiling. “I just realized how sad it would be for a kid to die the day he finally made a friend...” He dried his face with his shirt before turning back to James. “I promise thats the last tear!” he laughed.

He stood up and had his fists ready. “We’re gonna live!” He smiled. He stood there until Olabisi pulled him back to his seat by that arm

James Hannah

James's eyes widened and a lump rose in his throat. He shook his head and blinked rapidly. "D-don't! We're not gonna die!" He punched his open hand with his other closed fist rapidly, mostly to keep from crying. "We're gonna live." He whispered.

E9B540BD-13FF-425E-9236-F9BAA5BB2EA3.jpeg
Boy
Boy nodded at James after sitting back down. “We’re gonna live,” he whispered once again, this time with a confident smile on his face. “We have to stay strong.. for them. Send them our strength, ya know.” He pulled his knees to his chest, hoping for the best. “Where do you live, James?” he asked, softly.

Arragon Jupiter
1524882820791-png.433323
It appeared they started to work up the stairs, after checking the body, I found some stray bullets and notes that mean not particularly anything. Following behind quietly, I stayed behind and followed behind Obediah-Ishmael. Thoughts began to race across my mind, I felt a tingling sensation at the back. A place unkiltered that I haven't visited in a long time. In all the killing and violence I've committed, I have restraint, I have composure. Life isn't easy, and it shouldn't be. My circumstances before me have screamed and yelled in my face, but I only smile as I ignore them. My life, almost a mistake, but that thing, that sensation in my head, incites a deeper meaning, a deeper question inside of me. The few things my older brother Arthur spoke to me about my father revolved around a twisted fantasy that ensares almost everything it touches.

Maybe it ensared me on this boat; the dealings of our captives may be more explicit than this abstract notion. Maybe my father brought us all into this, the money he has...

I shake my head, turning my eyes to meet Logan's as we moved forward. Obediah spoke of four rooms, very few. His confidence held firm, I nodded to him, retracting my left blade for a little suprise. The shadow began to move across the walls, something they couldn't see of course. Skulking, jumping, juggling over to one room to the left. Knowing the trouble I've been saved and thrown into, either case of luck remains in the air.

I crawled off to the side softly, resting my eyes back on my allies. I whispered swiftly, "Go right, I'll secure left." Something struck me, in my head. I've always focused on where I've been. An apocaplyse state of mind, almost like my life ended before it began. But I'm here, I will survive. I'll return home to my family, my brothers. Those who I bond with more than blood. I lifted up my hood and covered my mouth, waiting for their response.

Elise Ebele Elise Ebele Nefelibata726 Nefelibata726

James Hannah

"Pensilvania." James replied. "I only hope we can get back there...." After a pause he asked, "Where do you live?"

(Sorry about the one liners.... Not much to say as of yet.)

1526755267285.png 1526755283508.png

Logan Rogers
Logan followed the two men up the stairs quietly, stepping out of the hull and crouching low as they moved down the hall. He glanced at the red head when he heard his words, nodding slightly. "Yeah, sure," Logan agreed, looking through the hall and making the observation of four rooms and the door at the end of the hall. Logan glanced at Obadiah, "I'm going to take the door at the end of the hall, is that okay?" Logan asked.

Logan wasn't used to this. He wasn't used to not being in charge, he wasn't used to needing to ask others for their opinions. Logan was a gang leader, he was always in charge and he was always leading. Nobody would tell him no or question him, they would just do it. Before Obadiah could even respond, Logan snuck away from the two and moved down the hall.

Pressing his back against the wall between the two rooms, the man peeked into the room. He saw the men not paying attention, taking this chance to move past the rooms and closer to the door at the end of the hall. Opening the door quietly, Logan peeked inside and saw three men sitting at the table. All of them were laughing, talking, and clearly drunk as hell with those bottles of alcohol in their hands and on the table. Logan scoffed and tightened his grip on the chain, preparing for an attack.

Elise Ebele Elise Ebele Zaltusinel Zaltusinel

Jesse Rogers
Jesse sighed softly and nodded a bit, laying his head back against the wall. She knew exactly what he had said, if she didn't, she would have stared at him cluelessly. She didn't want to talk to him, he got that. He was used to that anyway. Jesse raked his fingers through his hair, glancing between the kids. Smiling slightly, the teenager looked ahead as he listened to them all speak quietly to each other.

"You are going to get back home, James. All of us. We have to..." Jesse said softly, looking at the boys and the girls. "My brother, her brother, that other guy... they're strong. I can see it. We have a chance," the teenager said softly, glancing at the kids and O. He offered a small smile to the young woman before looking away. He just hoped they'd get out of here soon...

Natural Flavour Natural Flavour Elise Ebele Elise Ebele

DE6A0B96-FC6D-4822-AC32-7A6AB3BC14C8.jpeg
Obediah-Ishmael
It almost surprised me when the red headed guy joined us. I’d figure he would be up for a fight, but I hadnt seen him join us at first. I was glad to have him along; he would make this first part going much smoother.

When the redhead dealt out his plan, I followed. It was simple and I agreed it would be affective. I noticed I still had blood on my hands. Before we split off, I marked a line on my face with the blood, and licked the rest from my fingers. “Looks like I’m winning,” I smiled, before parting. I took a door on the right side. The first one I pressed my ear to was quiet, so I went to the next. I could hear English and French speakers in there... basically they were complaining about some of the other guys being too drunk to sail at the moment. Its funny; even badguys know not to drink and drive.

When I went in, I neither busted the door down, nor crept. I stood up and walked in there like I belonged. I’d only heard two voices, but there turned out to be three men. They were in various corners of the room... looked like a kitchenette.

I caught the attention of one of them. He didn’t hesitate to raise his gun and fire. He must have been too confident in his shot, because no one reacted much after that. The fools. From there I ran. I jumped the man and struck his temple with the chain, then I grabbed him by the chin and shoulder and ripped them in opposite directions. He was dead before he realized I was on him. I marked a line down my cheek in his blood, right next to the first. Then I drank his blood from my fingers. I was hot angry and these guys were about to see my furry. “Who’s up next?”

020596B4-5590-4B5D-A70C-12834747A728.jpeg
Olabisi
He fell for it. Good; I didnt like using English. Why did he shoot me that smile, though? Perhaps he hadnt after all.... Oh well. He seemed like a nice guy...he comforted the kids even. That was more than me I guess...

After at least a couple minutes, I turned to Jesse and the kids and smiled softly. “We will get out of here. My Nduguye is strong and this guy’s Nduguye looked smart.” I guestured to Jesse. “And the other guy looked like a hero as well. Don’t worry... all of you.” I was talking to the kids and Jesse alike. Just the air of fear was making me nervous, and I didnt like it. Jesse seemed to need some one to talk to to calm his nerves... Still hate English...

I had my attention on the kids when I heard a gunshot from upstairs. “Nduguye!” I whisper screamed, hoping in my heart that he was safe. By now, I my self was scared all over again.

5C9274F3-B481-49BB-8465-DD356956FE12.jpeg
Boy
Pensilvania! That was aweful far. Perhaps they could be pen pals once they returned home. “I’m from Georgia,” Boy told James. “Ain’t never left the state before...’til now at least.” For a moment, he started to fell sad again. But Jesse’s words comforted him. The grown ups could handle it. Then of corse the woman spoke in English rp rp the first time, and the surprise actually tickled me.

Zaltusinel Zaltusinel
Natural Flavour Natural Flavour ((Its ok. You. Can probably see but it is hard for me to write long, substantial posts for Boy as well.... probably because he is 9.))

Last edited:
James Hannah

James nodded in acknowledgment of Jesse and Olabisi's encouragements. He turned to Boy.
"I've never been out of the state either..... My dad has, I think... I think he's very far away." James had a far away look in his eyes, but then he realized he'd probably have to explain. "My dad... he... he, uh, he left when Mikayla was a baby." He waved his hand like it was no big deal, even though it was. "He probably wasn't worth it, anyway." His face flushed red, feeling the sting of such harsh words. "Uhm, Boy, do you have parents?"

Last edited:
491B935A-6EF3-4C46-91FF-E07BA12E31B6.jpeg
Boy
Boy listened intently as James told him about his dad. “Oh I’m sorry. I bet it was his loss anyway.” He wrapped his arms around his knees. “I have the Doctor. He found me in a trash can... where my birth parents left me. He’s my only real dad, though.”

Last edited:
James Hannah

"Gee, I wish I had a dad..." James said, pulling his knees up to his chest also. He hadn't heard any other noises from above, just the one gunshot so far... hopefully they were okay...

DE4C4E2A-6AA7-490E-9101-F5331C141988.jpeg
Boy
“Wel I never had a mom....” Boy shrugged. He had also heard the gunshot, and could only hope they didnt end up with one less man in the fight. “You know...If the Doctor married your mom, then we could both have a mom and a dad!” he smiled. It was totally a great and plausible idea. “We should move in with you because the big kids at my school suck!” he laughed.

6EC5EE95-255E-448B-9B17-3D1C7F8477BB.jpeg
Boy
Boy nodded happily. “And then Mikayla would be my sister, too! Ive always wanted siblings,” He smiled. The idea of James being his brother was a nice one to Boy. Even though he had only just met him, he knew this was a friendship he was going to love. Even after they returned home, he would be sure they could stay close.

((but little do they know they will never go back *cry*))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back