• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Ghosts From The Past

Note: having a character say two words separated by a Hyphen is my way of saying that the character is saying those two words very quickly together, almost as if they were one word.
  • Waven felt somewhat upset when Twelve didn't follow. But it couldn't be helped. She was the one who wanted to stay out of town. And he didn't blame her either. He was certain that the next time she went to town, she would get all kinds of looks. But they all did. Boman's father was the town drunk, and they didn't all think well about him being the next student. Of course that was different though. Boman, unlike some of the students, didn't attack anyone, and wasn't half-beast.

He looked up at the noon sun high in the sky. He chuckled; for once he was the late one. And he would have to tell them all about the new student Twelve... but unfortunately he wouldn't be able to show them her on the first day of her training.

His train of thought was interrupted by the sound of footsteps behind him. About half a mile off. He turned around and gripped a dagger...

And was embarrassed by his irrational suspicion when he saw Twelve run into view. He gave her a broad grin when she stopped to catch her breath. "Welcome aboard kid," he greeted as he started walking again.

The Sparring Grounds
    There were not a lot of guards who could take Boman in a fight. Waven was the obvious one, he couldn't ever get caught off guard. Barrett was an even match, and they could go on for a while before one would get knocked down.

And then there was Mavera, who had landed a kick to the chest and grounded him yet again. She gave him a toothy smile as she looked down at him. His attention was always drawn to her front teeth because one had been missing as long as he'd known her. But Boman had given up long ago when it came to counting that girl's scars.

"Alright, whatsa matter Bo?" Her accent betrayed her origins on the street as she asked this question.

"Who says something's the matter?" He snapped back. "I'm happier than I'll ever be."

She rolled her eyes at his sarcasm as she helped him up. "Come-on, you're not usually this open. It normally takes me at least ten minutes to knock ya down, but it didn't even take five today!" There was a time when Boman would be insulted by this. That time was not now.

"Well..." he started with a sigh, "you saw the events of yesterday right?"

She giggled like the overgrown child she was. "Course I did. How could-ya not at least hear about something like that?"

"Well you see..." he stopped and thought for a second. "Wait if you saw then what were you doing? Are you telling me you just did jack when you saw the monster burst in through the town gates?" She blushed when she realized she had blown her cover.

"Err..." She looked around awkwardly, not sure where to go from there. "Look if it ain't ya business ya don't get involved, alright? Waven had it covered and we both know that there was nothin' I could do to make things better from there, 'specially when he was scheming to get her past you and outta town..."

"He was doing what?" he shouted, and then took a deep breath and remembered what was going on at the time. "Well of course he did." Silence hit the two of them before Boman spoke up again after a minute of silence.

"How do you feel about her joining?" Mavera looked thoughtful for a moment.

"No comment," she stated blankly. "She means nothin' to me right now. Haven't seen this beast you keep comparing 'er to, so I've got no vendetta." Boman nodded. There wasn't really a reason for her to care after all. And with that settled, they went back to their one-sided sparring.

Back