• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Ghostly Veil

Will this RP be accessible and enjoyable for people who have seen neither Supernatural nor TWD?

Should be. I literally copy and pasted the lore about ghosts from the Supernatural wiki and edited for the RP. That will cover the rules of how ghosts can affect characters, or stopped, and even "destroyed". And just about anyone in America has at least heard of the show and could locate the past 10 years of DVD's at your local Best Buy, Wal Mart, etc. (Though SSN 1 has most of the necessary info.) The internet isn't going to break down overnight, so even Googling "Ghost" would get most of this stuff. I think Supernatural is the first link available as a sub category.

As to the Walking Dead, if you have ever watched ANY post apocalyptic or ongoing apocalypse show, you will have an idea how civilization will slide downhill.

This isn't really a fandom. While I love those shows, I detest fandoms with a passion. And the reason for that is the very question you ask. Many people don't watch the shows - or see maybe an episode. I don't get to keep up with a lot of shows myself.

I also hope characters will join up so that characters (and players) who HAVE seen the show can spout out some of the stuff they've seen on TV. Hey, if it is all a character knows, that's better than nothing. Bottom line is that everyone will soon learn to carry salt and iron weapons. That will quickly become the favored loot to find when hunting for supplies.

Of course I was going to start the RP while civilization is still running - unless we all want to skip forward a month or so like they did with Walking Dead.

I might join then. I find TWD utterly unwatchable and just haven't ever seen Supernatural, but the premise sounds interesting. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back