• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nation Building Ghost in the Machine

*blinks* Uh rom... a couple thousand pounds as in Pounds per square inch? Galumora's single punch equates nearly ... hold on *goes and looks back on CS's and calculates some stuff real quick.* nearly 4,500 pounds per square inch man... that's like getting hit with a ford truck going 60 down the highway. And that's just one punch. I think her total punch per minute is around 250

And yeah per square inch. And yeah, that puts them at pretty equal force, as we stated. But I'm fairly certain that punching it with her bare hands won't end too well for her. Think of it like this, we have the force to punch through a wall, but doesn't mean it doesn't come without a good deal of recoil(I.e, broken bones, bleeding, messed up hands).

Even with armor which I'm sure she's wearing it's likely to crumple after a few punches.

@Jarkov Malachai

*shakes head* if you read the CS you would see that the Dredge Subject #37 who was Thel Vladimir Malachai if no one figured it out, was literally used as a living drill to punch away at the rock faces. The Dredge chitin and bone system in their forearms allow for serious blows like a piston almost in order to deal with the landing force of their jumps, falls and other agility feats and prowess... also just realized I didn't put it into their physical description that their arms are double jointed, two elbows instead of one.I need to go fix that.

Matter of fact that's something I can do in the spare time this explodes is fix all those WIP's in my CS bio for the Dredge! *claps hands* I shall get on it as soon as I finish me post in reply

The more you say things the more I start to wonder if they have any weaknesses.

I accepted you because, although OP, it appeared you had weaknesses and ways that wouldn't cause you to dominate anything.

I'm beginning to question that.

They do, but im playing them to their strengths. Hence the reason I sent Nagashira down to the planet and the only time any other Dredge were in combat was either in the terran ship or when they kinda had to with the borg war machine and well, that Dredge died. May it and the Nefarians rest in peace, that fight was worthy of glory.

But im playing the Dredge to their strengths, remember I DESIGNED these things for a horror rp, a ship, close range quarters where their superior strength, mobility, agility, and senses reign supreme especially in their own ship which was designed for them. Tactically I have the upper hand in a big way.

Out in long range engagements or firefights so to speak like down on the open plains... they are a wee bit fucked. While sure they are tough, its not like they can take a 155 mm tank shell to the face, that would kill a regular Class B with a direct hit no problem. Sure they can tote a lot of guns, but they are almost always out numbered and hiding in the tall grass doesn't really help if the enemys got a brain and burns the grass which its hiding in. Which of course leads to them getting shot at and they still bleed just like any other.

I try to play smart, though I do have a tendency to overthink things as you yourself said so Atom, im the only damn person here who has actually crunched numbers for soft science. *smiles dryly* felt slightly foolish after that one but figuring this stuff out is kinda rewarding.

You may be but it appears that you're assuming your opponents are still pushovers still.

It may be home field but that doesn't guarantee your success. You shouldn't assume so little of an opponent like you've been as Rom has stated they're equal in standing with his dreads.

If I assumed they were pushovers I would have just killed them all already with Galumora alone. The hallways are two narrow for more than one or two opponents to engage at that same time. her four blades and particular fighting style leaves her opponents in shreds and she would have dueled them one by one or two by two if need be. . . actually I kinda want to animate what I have her graceful movements and arcs as I have them in my mind. They are rather entrancing but then again its my own imagination and I don't even have anywhere near the level of skill required for something as complicated as that.

And he said Nagashira's capabilities, which means they are front line fighting soldiers. They are not equipped, maybe trained for it, I don't know enough about their total skills as of yet to make assumptions on that, to deal with the type of fight that they have found themselves in.

Nagashira is a heavy assault type soldier, she deals and takes the hits with a laugh and more blood for all. Shes a couple thousand years old. But she defers to the Lady of Ravens and yet no one has asked why.. I underestimate the Dreadnaughts? their names the fucking DREADnaughts. Generally associated with the words 'fuck my life'.

@Jarkov Malachai

Just because a unit is near the strength capabilities of another doesn't mean they bear the same weakness' and strengths as another. Dreadnoughts for example excel at close to mid range combat, and can even do a number on armies given that there's a good amount of cover, but if it's on a wide open, coverless plane, they won't preform as well, even with their highly resliant armor, it'll eventually crumple from all of the concentrated fire they will likely receive(Their armor's red so they'll likely stick out like a sore thumb).

When I stated that their abilities were just under that of Nagashira, I was referring to how much damage they can deal out and how much damage they can take in, not their fighting styles or size.

And we assume you underestimate them since you keep on trying to kill sweep them in one blow, which will probably not happen if Galu's on equal footing and benefits in the same field as them. It's practically a stalemate with a slight advantage towards Galu since these guys aren't the top of the division(That's reserved for soldiers like Commander Zalda or Krypka Ras'Vael when she gets introduced.) while Galumora is a leader of her people here and likely earned that right through combat. But even though there is a 70/30 chance in favor of Galumora, I don't expect highly trained quick moving tanks-on-legs to be one shot left and right, ya see what I'm saying?

Take the Feral Dredge for example, definitely a powerful warrior for their faction and even though it died it was no easy task to kill it and it left quite a mark on those who moved to kill it.

@General Deth Glitch

Hope it helps against the Borg fleet.

Borg's the chapter boss, by the way. Speaking of I think I'm gonna devote a lot of tonight to writing up the lore section.... and probably adding the rules section to more strictly define the power distribution from player controlled faction-player controlled faction.

Player controlled factions are actually usually pretty even with one another, while the boss factions prove to be a good deal stronger to try to encourage players to work together against the thread boss. Of course they don't have to and it doesn't require total thread participation to kill a boss, but I think you get the point of them.

Mkay, got the rules and mechanics tab up. I do suggest everyone gives it a short read through as it is a bit beefier than the last thread's, although it should settle any and all PVP related arguments within the thread. May or may not have the lore tab up for chapter 1 tonight. Note that that will constantly evolve the further we all progress.

@Atom @Jarkov Malachai @Apex @GrieveWriter @NeoLeaf @TommyGun15 @General Deth Glitch @Seymour @Equipoise

Should also clear up a lot :)

I would like to point out the fact that as soon as they say the Borg, the C.S.S. Carnegie decided to GTFO. They are currently in the next solar system over.

Now we gauge how good each other are at our roles, you valuing me as an RPer and me you as a GM. From what I have seen so far I doubt I shall be disapointed!

@TommyGun15

That actually wouldn't work at all. They're a fleet of advanced AIs. IF, BIG IF because you'd have to somehow break their advanced encryption that's so old that it has nothing similar to base an encryption breaker off of, they'd literally eat it within the same time you uploaded it and it'd have zero effect.

Finally got internet please god let it hold.

"Take the Feral Dredge for example, definitely a powerful warrior for their faction and even though it died it was no easy task to kill it and it left quite a mark on those who moved to kill it."

No actually the Feral was the weakest Dredge on the Kukri, only 7 foot 8, 600 pounds. It had no higher intelligence and therefore had to be guided by the Lady of Ravens to actually accomplish anything else its fight or fight instincts would have said this Is pointless, GTFO. Big scary non alive/ alive thingy is shooting star lights everywhere and hurting me.

But I get what your saying, the message came through, they don't go down, they go down like badasses! Surrounded by the fallen bodies of their foes! Im just trying to understand what and how your rating the Dreadnaughts in comparison to the Dredge.

Amount of damage they can dish out and Deal relative to regular soldiers? A single one or a squad? Im assuming their wearing powered armor then but even then Im still at a loss at how the chances in a combat one v one is only 70/30. When I compare the known facts in my head of what I have about each being and their combat and out of combat capabilities (which isn't much for the Dreads) and its not making sense.

... also plotting at the moment.

One Dreadnought is capable of causing nearly the level of destruction as Nagashira, and squad of them can tackle entire armies if given the right circumstances or at the very least do a pretty damned good number on them. Yes they are wearing powered armor powered by Roguetonium, the element that they literally use on everything.

Also, post? @Jarkov Malachai

Coming right up man, calm theyself, my lifes been hell since I have to due some serious book work for school now that my internet is gone. But don't worry it will be up either tonight or tomorrow.

uh... no. One Dread is not the equal of Nagashira in any way, they have advantages yes however... lets think about it logically for a second.

(Note that this is from my point of view, based on the Incomplete data I have)

250 pounds in armored suit versus 5 tons in an armored suit.

8 feet tall, (respectable height, any taller and normal movement would be a pain in the ass) versus 17 feet.

Now generally size isn't a major insta win button, david and goliath taught us all that. So we can set that aside as irrelevant for the case except for the extra long reach it provides for the Dredge.

nearly 3 feet thick armor for the Dredgenaught, that's outer armor not counting chitin. versus I don't know. Unavailable data so this point is worthless

Nagashira out of armor can punch through star ship plating of a cruiser when shes sleepy and still getting up. (duly note that probably only able to do that to a cruiser and or lighter type of vehicle. Definitely not a battleship) The Nefarians had to use a drill to get through the welded door bulk head when Nagashira would have simply been pissed and caved it in with a kick. If she punched Galumora, Galumora would Die without her shields no doubt about it. The sheer blunt force trauma would be something the equivalent of god flicking off your life switch. It knocks the brain loose from the stem.

Can fire 40mm heavy repeating anti-material mini gun and tote two other weapons of smaller caliber or a shot gun etc.

The Dreadnaughts have the mobility advantage over Nagashira in terms of maneuverability, agility and the like. Sheer speed she can outdistance them no problem but she cant due the break neck turn on a dime spine twisting feats of agility that the Dredge are capable of as she has sacrificed that for armor and serious guns.

The Dreads have superior tech no doubt, most of the shit Galumora's got was stolen or 'requisitioned' such as the beam translocator so their still figuring out how to run most of it. But Nagashira has millennia of experience on the battlefields of all types.

The Dreads are numerically superior, however numbers also isn't a insta win button as history has also taught us, where superior tactical standing and a strong leader has proven far more important.

A squad of dreads however... yes yes indeed they could be a serious equal to Nagashira

When you look at the facts, yea. The Dreadnaughts are pretty serious stuff, close range they would be deadly and im not being dishonest on that. They Remind me of the Foragers Corp Marines in a way and those guys are terrifying at close range though they do have their own problems with long range engagements and rate of fire for their rifles, exploding when they die but I wont get in on that. *waves hand* no one will be fighting any of those till the subplots come on.

Though I have a way to get us all past this for the moment so we can actually go forth with this plot instead of me and you arguing about this. While I love a good argument, and you can ask TommyGun to confirm that, others do not share the love of a hot debate as I Do. I loved debate to much

So... how to resolve this without serious blood shed... so we can get this moving again

*nods to self* Yo Rom can Bai'Core and Mr. Willams (the science and coms officer) hack into the PA system across the Nefarian flag ship?

[QUOTE="Jarkov Malachai]uh... no. One Dread is not the equal of Nagashira in any way, they have advantages yes however... lets think about it logically for a second.

[/QUOTE]
I don't mean to be rude, I just feel like you might not be catching what you're saying.

So I'll translate this part to what it says to me.

"My unit is stronger than yours no matter what you say."

no, if you read up there, I said this is based on the information I have as of the moment. From what ive gathered, and witnessed, they are not close to the equal of Nagashira alone. together, yes. The Moose may be stronger but the wolf pack brings it down. . . I cant remember where that quote came from but its a rather good one, do any of you know where its from? Bah, im getting off track.

The data I have gathered disputes roms claim. Now if will prove me wrong, ill take it back. *pauses and then shakes head* Sorry, my debate side is coming out again, im already preparing a counter argument which isn't what I want. He says im underestimating his Dreadnaughts, fair enough he has made it clear the wont be victim to cheap tricks. I would have to get more creative if I want to kill them. However I feel as if he is underestimating Galumora, one v one, with how fast she moves, her particular fighting style, the Dredges natural reaction time, agility and power.

Versus Moroc, yea those odds would be closer in the Dreads favor, hes an infiltration unit. Not melee combat type though hes still a Dredge so

I made examples of my own characters weaknesses which I have shown earlier. Nagashira getting hit by tank shells, a regular Dredge would never be direct hit with one, they move to fast for anything except point blank range of a gun like that to hit them though the splash damage still affects them as any other.

Can a Dreadnaught survive getting hit with a tank, a direct hit from a MBT? From what ive computed and thought about. No, fast tanks on legs is what Rom, you called them correct? Well they can be fast but not maneuverable if one wants to have that type of armor as the more armor, the higher the power source which means more weight, which means less speed, more bulk and the like. So they have some sort of balance, which is what every system should strive to achieve though none have achieved it yet except maybe Bruce Lee.

So if it isn't merely armor that makes them good, then it must be skill, skill sometimes can be 30 times worth the fanciest piece of techno armor out there as im sure we can all agre-

.... oh my god @Atom ! Im debating even when I said I wouldn't debate any more! Sweet buttery jesus save me! Take away this curse I suffer from!!! Why must I be argumentative and obsessed with facts... well I know why im obsessed with factual evidence, all the hard core world and creation forums im part of has made it a heavy part of my mental state and AHAHAH no stop it!!!

@Jarkov Malachai

A lot of what you're doing is mass assumptions. Numbers and tech primarily.

Nafarians control fleets of tens of Thousands of ships for one and has a military comprised of both Humans and Nafarians in an empire on a trans galactic scale.(Keep in mind this thread is placed on a Universal scale). I haven't even begun to introduce the real bulk of the military and there's merely thirty ships that are damaged by constant in fighting with one another.

As for tech, i haven't even begun to introduce the bigger and more destructive war machines that the Nafarians have at their disposal(City leveling, shielded walkers, planet sized cruisers. Hell I haven't even introduced the stealth carriers or the Hellion super destroyers.) What you've seen so far is but a small little taste of a poorly equipped dispatch fleet.

As for dreadnoughts vs Naga, yes, we've established that the Dreadnoughts are Just Under her capabilities, and as you said, a lot of her ability to punch through things is reliant on her superior size. Dreadnoughts on the other hand are literally fast moving walking tanks who contain far more mobility and who's close range weaponry would literally give them the edge in many fights, and yes, despite the fact that in a 1v1 or even a 3v1 Nagashira would in fact win, it wouldn't be like fighting the legionaries.

As for age, Nafarians are eternal for crying out loud, many of their generals are thousands of years old themselves and were literally born into warfare as the CS states.

Again, you are underestimating an entire faction man, no offense but you are and are aserting yourself as immediatly dominant over everyone else in the thread which is not how this RP works. There is no master faction, and power fluctuates between player controlled factions to keep wars fun for both sides. Only boss characters are given the priveledge of wrecking through everything to provide challenges for players to face.

Now please stop the insta kill sweeps my friend, especially if another player has made it clear that a kill-sweep is not going to happen against a certain type of unit.

It doesn't have to breach their security. The point of the program is to keep poking the system millions of times per second. The system gets so bogged down it has to divert bandwidth from other things just to keep itself running.

As for the armor plates themselves, they are exceedingly thin but still can withstand thousands of pounds of pressure. That's some extrodinary protection for such light armor and will no doubt give them agility boosts against other stronger units as well

@TommyGun15

Is it like DDoSing? I'm already thinking of some hilarious responses for Sardanos. Hope you know that the borg is a boss faction and while this may bog them down a bit it'll likely also achieve the bonus effort of pissing Sardanos off.

That's the point. Basically the virus is meant to annoy them, giving other factions a better opportunity to find an opening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back