• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ღ Of Host Clubs and Men ღ ( closed !)

josiaht

💔 hand in unlovable hand 💔
With the new year starting, Akemi had fixed up the host club, ensuring that the opening day would be nothing less than perfect. The young host was excited to think of what was to come, knowing well that his fellow club members felt the same, even if they hadn't shown it. While his popularity surrounded being the 'bad boy' type, he was quite the opposite in private with his members. His mothering had annoyed the members at first, but it had slowly grown on them. This year was no different, as it seemed. Akemi slapped his hands together, noting the tired and lazy reactions from his club members. He sighed out, crossing his arms in a huff.

"So, explain to me why you all think dragging like this is a good idea. We need to be on our best game, there's customers--"

"Tanaka-kun, it's far too early for there to be customers. Can you give us just, like, 10 minutes to wake up?" one of the members, a young Rin Miyoka groaned out as he splayed across a lavish couch, throwing a throw pillow at the other. Akemi caught it, sighing out as he moved, slapping the other in the face with it.

"Laziness gets you nowhere, Miyoka-san. Now, wake up people," he barked out, crossing his arms as the entirety of the club groaned. "We need to prepared! I mean, imagine if the door just opened and someone was behind it! Would you be able to get into character that quickly, huh? If they were listening in on us?" the questions earned eye rolls galore and nothing more than waves of the hands. Akemi groaned, ruffling his hair. He hadn't realized that getting the club up and at 'em this early would leave them unwilling to do this. Thinking, he grinned lightly, clapping his hands together. He paused as he did hear the door being jiggled with, and it seemed the entire host club was surprised by the abrupt entrance.

"I told you so," he whispered frantically, going to move to open the door. When he opened it to see two young, rather feminine looking boys, he figured their ever expanding reach was finally hitting the different markets! He didn't smile, instead keeping the angry face as he crossed his arms. Had to keep in character. "Welcome to Ouran's Host Club, we're not open for the day but," he paused, looking them up and down before huffing out and looking away as he faked a light bit of flustered energy,"I guess since you two are cute.. you can come in." As he said that, Rin had been the one to gently push the two in without realizing that they were certainly not up for this. Closing the doors, Akemi turned back to the two.

"...Suzuki-chan, I think we've run into perverts. Please stand behind me," the taller of the two commented in a deadpan tone, moving to stand in front of the blonde. Chiharu had been excited to get to school, going far too early for anyone to be there, but enough for her to get her bearings. With no one being there, she had originally planned to walk the school and see everything on her own, only to run into Kota. The girl was nothing if not personable, quickly attempting to make friends and drag the blonde along. Needless to say, she regretted in that moment, seeming far too worried with whatever the hell was going on here.

"W-Perverts?! We are the host club, the esteemed Ouran High School Host Club. The hell are you calling us perverts for?" Akemi snapped, crossing his arms as he looking at the two. He thought about how today was going to be a long, long day.

feat notapotter notapotter !! i hope you enjoy this starter ;;w;;

Takao listened to their club leader with his head hung low as he sat on a cushy red couch across from one of their younger group members. He rested his elbows on his legs as he stared down at the ground, half awake and only half paying attention to the unrelenting persistence of Akemi's words. "Need... Coffee..." The black haired boy groaned as he sunk back into the couch. Takao knew the sleepiness of both him and his club mates struck a chord with Akemi who seemed to be all about business this morning. "Aw, come on. No one's going to show up. It's way too early, Tanaka-kun." Takao's amused smile paired with his closed eyes as he leaned his head back against the soft velvet of the couch he lounged on so nonchalantly.

That was, until the door handle to their club room began to move. Takao's blue eyes snapped open and he sat up abruptly. Hearing Akemi's hushed, feverish words was enough to awaken Takao more than any cup of coffee ever could. They were already starting so early? Maybe Akemi was right... He pushed his thoughts aside and moved in to action with his fellow club members. He stood beside Akemi, shocked to see the door open to reveal two boys with very soft, girlish features. They were... Cute? Takao wasn't one to normally cater to other males, but he could definitely see how the defensive boy with brown hair and the meek blonde behind him could garner an audience within their club. Not to say that they were recruiting, but he could understand the appeal.

"P-Perverts?!" Kota grasped the book in her hands tightly to her chest as she cowered behind Chiharu. Today had already been wild enough. She originally came to get some reading in before her classes started and to maybe explore the school a bit, but along the way she had run into the friendly girl. Not one to turn down a bit of pleasant company in the face of such a new feat alone - a brand new school - Kota had of course taken up the offer to chat and walk with her. However, once they decided to explore the top floor, and specifically a music room of all places to have it, there was a group of boys seemingly waiting for them.

As if that wasn't bad enough, Kota was lost in the accusing conversation between her new friend and one of the meaner looking boys. "Oh no, we didn't- We shouldn't- Ahaha, this is all just a big- a
huge misunderstanding!" Kota rambled on nervously, her face flushed with embarrassment as she stumbled backwards. She was trying desperately to find her way out of the beautiful looking room without just turning her back and running completely. Just as she thought she hit a wall, she felt something wobble behind her. A small stone pillar that an elaborate vase sat upon, or should I say, previously sat upon made Kota's hazel eyes go wide. "Oh... no, no, no..." She dropped her book, trying to catch the ornate piece before it could meet the tiled floor. Alas, a loud crash sounded out throughout the room as the timid blonde's heart sank to the bottom of her being. She could practically feel her soul leave her body as she froze over the shattered pieces, too afraid to breathe, let alone move.

The silence that permeated the room after the sound of shattering was enough to be deafening, and it seemed everyone was afraid to move. Akemi was the first tone to do anything, simply moving to run his hand through his hair with a sigh. He moved, walking over to the shorter he seemed to do something surprising, quickly checking her over. "You aren't hurt, right?" he asked after a beat, but after checking he seemed to sigh of relief. "Well, it's just a vase, at least no one got hurt," he sighed, seeming to be at least relieved. Chiharu quickly helped Kota up, blinking a bit.

"You.. aren't mad?"

"Of course not, this was one of the cheaper vases. It was only 100,000,000¥," he replied casually, as if he had just said it was 10 dollars. Chiharu froze, growing pale. Even if her family was well off now, they weren't that well off. Hell, even if she had to pay half of it, it'd be a big blow to her father and her. She coughed awkwardly, offering an awkward smile as she looked at Kota for a moment then back at the other. "Right... So, 100 million yen?" she asked, earning a nod. She was sure her soul was leaving her body, but it seemed Akemi pointedly commented something out.

"You didn't break it, so don't go losing it over that. He did," he pointed to Kota, crossing his arms. Of course, even if that were true, it was her fault the young girl was here. She hadn't noticed the slip up of pronouns, opting instead to quickly bust down the comment.

"Well I'm not gonna let you perverts force Suzuki-san into something, so we'll split it," she snapped, crossing her arms. Akemi felt his frustrations grow as he rubbed his temples at the other's actions. If the guy wasn't so scrawny, and if his reputation wouldn't be hit, he was quite sure he'd have tried to fight the other. Instead, he rolled his eyes at the other.

"Okay, once again, we're not perverts," he started, earning a quirk of the brow from Chiharu. "And second, fine. I don't care, but what I do care about is you two coming in here, starting a ruckus, and then breaking a vase. I don't care how you do it, just pay me," he started. When neither could offer the money up, he grunted. "Fine, then you'll be in debt."

"Debt?!"

"Did I stutter? Debt. D-e-b-t,"Akemi replied, moving to pick a clipboard up off a table, flipping through the papers. "We're not exactly running low on hosts, but we do need assistants," he muttered to himself it seemed, sighing as he rolled his head on his shoulders to loosen up. It was then that Rin seemed to grin, clapping his hands.

"Why don't we dress them as hosts? They're cute, and besides, even with them only being assistants they could bring in some good business," the long haired man commented, earning Akemi's attention then. "What? It's true. I mean, they could use some work, brush their hair, y'know.. But if we put 'em in some monkey suits, parade around our new little assistants, we could bring in a whole new fanbase."

"The more and more any of you talk, the more you sound like pervs," Chiharu pointedly commented, earning a glare from Akemi.

"Well unless one of you can pay us off, then you'll be working with these 'pervs', thank you," he snapped back.

Silence was all that was heard for a few painfully long moments until Akemi moved closer to Kota. She swore she was done for and he definitely looked like he could end her in a fight, but much to the short blonde's surprise, he instead made sure she was okay. Her honey colored eyes looked over his bright red hair and seemingly mean features as he spoke, "You aren't hurt, right?" Of course, she didn't respond. She couldn't. Instead, she blushed furiously, a deer caught in headlights at his briefly concerned glance. He moved on quickly without her reply once recognizing that Kota was alright. "Thanks..." Was the only quiet word she could finally muster as Chiharu helped her up off of the ground.

The subject of money was a whole different game. A rollercoaster of emotions, Kota initially thought that things would be somewhat okay after hearing Akemi speak. As the conversation progressed though, Kota felt as though her overloaded brain was ready to shut down. "Ch-Cheaper?!" Kota squeaked out the word. She felt as though she could pass out as Akemi pointed a finger to her. Only within the past year did her family join the upper class, and that was only because of sweet Kota's grandparents taking her in. She still felt very unfamiliar of this expensive, foreign world. Her heart raced hearing Chiharu converse with the red haired boy continuously, to which she was extremely grateful to have a friend to face this overwhelming situation with. Everything was going so fast, but Chiharu was feisty and quick. Kota whimpered as she anxiously grabbed onto the taller girl's arm as the talk of debt paying and hosts became the main conversation. She didn't like the group of boys eying them over, ideas going through their heads. They didn't even seem to know that they were girls, but Kota figured it didn't matter as they were in trouble either way.

Takao couldn't help but to laugh at the scene playing out before him. "Watch out, Tanaka-kun. You're too bothered by what they think." The tall, black haired boy moved closer to Chiharu and Kota. His cool demeanor never broke as he eyed them over with a smile. "Miyoka-san is right. They would be good for business and if they don't listen, we can just charge them each the full amount of what they owe. And based off of their current appearances... I'd have to say that's not an option." He eyed Chiharu in particular, enjoying the sassy nature of the younger boy's personality. While he clearly wasn't popular amongst the hosts with his accusatory statements of perversion, with his quick wit he would certainly be popular amongst their female clientele.

"Well, our guests will be arriving soon and your current state of appearance is absolutely unacceptable. I want this one to be my servant- I mean, assistant!" Takao spoke out freely, grabbing on to one of Chiharu's arms and pulling the younger boy along in the direction of the changing room the boys had designated for various costumes, cosplays, and outfits to cater to themes for their guests. If anyone could upgrade this boy's appearance, which Takao felt he desperately needed, it was him. With an artistic eye and an ego to match, he was always up for a challenge. While this would be the perfect place to find a club uniform and to tame the younger boy's hair into a more approachable shape, Takao had not the slightest hint in his mind that the boy he dragged along could possibly be a female.

Before Akemi could even think to call out about waiting, Takao had dragged Chiharu away. Sighing in frustration, he figured it be best he followed lead. The group did have a point, both boys had potential. Looking at the smaller blonde before him, he moved a bit, though he seemed to be a bit more relaxed. He seemed to even slouch, as if to avoid intimidating the other with his stature. Instead, he looked at the blonde's facial features, moving to tilt his head back and forth as he thought. For a moment he seemed to think before nodding, sighing out lightly.

"Well, as much as I hate to admit it, they are right. You're cute enough to bring in new customers, and we don't have a softer, more lovable type of host yet," he seemed to be more lost in thought than anything before taking the other by the wrist and moving. "For someone with such... Friends," he seemed to avoid using an adjective, knowing well he'd be insulting,"You seem perfectly fine. So, you'll be working with me,"he stopped then, gently dropping the wrist, he instead offered a hand. "Akemi Tanako, Host Club President. You'll be in my care, so please rely on me to take care of you while you work under me," Akemi stated.

It was surprising to hear the way he talked, given the persona he put up. The large, angry looking guy was rather soft when he wasn't around someone agitating him frequently. He noted the time after the handshake, thinking for a moment as he looked at the smaller. "We'll go with something simple for today for you, since it's your first day. We'll be able to mess around more with looks when you get more people coming in," he stated, turning to a curtained room, he threw it open. Clothing lined the walls, all neatly organized. Searching through, he seemed to find a slim fitting, light blue suit. He handed it off on the coat hanger, offering a reassuring grin. "You can get dressed and after we'll fix your hair."

"Hey, I heard that you know!" Chiharu whined out at the comment of servitude, though she knew she wouldn't be able to afford the cost anyway, so she couldn't really fight the comment more than just huffing. Following the other meant she finally got a good look at him, and she shouldn't have been surprised he was handsome. After all, this was a host club, it was no surprise the guys were handsome. Wait.. host..? They thought she and Kota were guys. She snorted then, covering her mouth as she figured it would be fine to not tell them. She had to wonder if the president had known, but she figured not.

All of the cheesy outfits were enough to make the young woman groan, furrowing her brows at the way they looked. "Do girls.. really think this is attractive? I mean your faces are fine but these," she moved, tugging on a sparkly pink tux and making a face. "Are just.. hideous. I mean seriously," she shook her head. Then again, she figured perhaps she wasn't their target demographic. She then had to wonder what she would have to do, she was sure other girls would realize she was a girl. Right? Kota had known, but she was starting to suspect that was a rare case.

Yet again, everything felt like it was happening so fast. Poor Kota was left to deal with the situation without the help of her new outspoken friend. Though, suddenly, the taller red haired boy's demeanor seemed to soften as he eyed her over, tilting his head from one direction to the other quizzically. Kota looked away to instead notice the other club members who watched the chaos unfolding from afar now. Their amused and curious expressions did little to comfort Kota's uneasy nerves. Suddenly, Akemi was speaking to her once again. Kota's puppy dog eyes snapped back to his previously hard hearted features. He looked to be lost in thought as he spoke, though Kota paid careful attention to his words. "Loveable?" Kota was in disbelief at his absentmindedly spoken words. They were serious. He really didn't know, no one did. Surely this wouldn't work for too long. Someone would say something about the two girls parading as customer bait/supposed 'assistants.'

With that sentiment, they were on the move. One of his hands were around one of Kota's dainty wrists as they moved across the room. "Nozomi-chan..." While Akemi didn't seem to favor her new friend, Kota found herself concerned for the other girl who was no longer in sight. Her troubled thoughts for her friend were forcefully pushed aside as Kota had to deal with her own situation at hand. While still seeming just as polite, Akemi was much gentler with Kota as he formally introduced himself and offered his hand. The nervous blonde shook it with a half hearted smile. Akemi was off once more, speaking freely and courteously as he went about finding Kota a fitting club uniform. Her hazel eyes looked past him, scanning over the contents of the room. The walls of the dressing room were lined with various neatly organized costumes and a large mirror was stuck firmly to the farthest wall of the room. A reassuring smile was given with a blue blazer, a black pair of slacks, a white collared shirt, and a black tie by Akemi to Kota. "Th-Thanks... And, you know... Sorry..." The broken vase from just moments before was still in her mind as he left the dressing room.

"Now, now, you're not a real host so I don't expect you to understand how to cater to women. You're only my assistant after all." Takao brushed off her comments plainly as he searched through the racks, eventually finding a uniform that looked to be Chiharu's size put together neatly on a hanger. Takao quirked a brow as she continued to insult the various outfits in the room. He moved closer to the shorter girl, still holding the uniform as he closed the space between them. He gently moved her chin upwards with his free hand to make her look up at him. "There's one thing you don't seem to realize... Like I said, I don't expect you to understand..." His deep blue eyes stared down at her with a purposeful allure as he spoke out softly. "The costumes, the cosplays, everything... It's all extra. They only really care about one thing..." Takao gave a knowing smirk with his words before handing her the uniform in his grasp and pulling away. "Us." Takao gave a quick wink and a laugh before exiting the changing room, being sure to pull the thick curtain shut behind him as he left.

Takao was still oblivious to Chiharu's gender, but to him it didn't matter. She had admitted to him that she thought 'their faces were fine,' paired with the assumption that the two boys were still potentially gay based on how they reacted to the club members and Chiharu's feisty comments flipped a switch in him. Admittedly, it was a stretch, but Takao naturally had to throw on his usual act. At the very least, maybe it just flustered the spirited girl. He was always one to poke at interesting situations where he probably shouldn't. He looked to the other dressing room where Akemi stood as well and noticed the club president's usual demeanor for when there wasn't any clients around. Takao couldn't help but to wonder just how these new boys would fit in. He liked their personalities and knew they would offer a fresh experience to their guests, but he wondered more so about how they would fit in within the group itself. Lost in his own thoughts, Takao crossed his arms and leaned against a nearby wall as he waited impatiently for his new assistant to come out so they could complete her supposed 'transformation.'

"You don't have to apologize, just do your best," Akemi replied through the thick curtain, leaning against a wall. He noted the way the other club members seemed to be amused, furrowing his brows for a moment. He didn't get all their quiet laughter and whispers, but he figured it might be the fact he was mother henning once again. He had not a clue that the smaller was a girl, nor did it even cross his mind. Akemi thought about the way the other seem easily flustered, smiling to himself. It was cute, truth be told, and it made him feel a little odd. He waved his hand, attempting to rid himself of the thoughts. If he let any of his club members know these feelings, it was over. His club members would gladly relish in his confused feelings, especially if it meant they could get out of coming early.

After a few minutes of waiting, when he heard the curtain open he looked over, grinning widely. "Perfect, a little bit bigger than expected but we can play into it," he moved, lifting her head up he seemed to have no issue getting in her personal space. Hands moving to gently fiddle with her hair, his face changing consistently seemed to be showing he was finding something that fit. "Since you've got softer features, we should focus more on emphasizing them, especially if we're getting you to be a lovable time," he seemed to be musing more to himself this time around, moving her bangs and fluffing the hair out as much as he could. "You'll be running errands, but since you'll be working for me, we'll have think of how the contrast works," he was now musing towards her, seeming to pause and think. "Well, I know the girls enjoyed the last boys love day.. Couldn't hurt to sprinkle it in for a little extra," he didn't elaborate it seemed, and the way the other members were giggling, it became quite clear they knew.

Chiharu blinked at the abruptness of being touched, her face contorting multiple times as she tried to think of how she felt. The guy was handsome, there was no denying that, but his lack of awareness on personal space was enough to frustrate her. Add on the fact she wasn't fully convinced they weren't creeps, it was all a little more confusing than the girl would like to admit. When he had left, she opted to change as she thought of her reply. She almost wanted to mock the other for commenting on how she didn't understand girls when she was one, but she had to keep her calm and simply go with it. Checking herself in the mirror, she raised a brow. Wasn't bad, actually. Suited her slender form and while she still looked feminine, she felt like she passed pretty well.

Stepping out from the changing room, she stretched for a moment. "So girls like insufferable guys who don't know what personal space means, got it,"she replied casually, offering a friendly smile at the other. If anything, she was merely teasing, given the situation. If there was anything Chiharu was thankful for, though, it was the fact that she was able to see Kota again. Though the way the other guy seemed to have personal space issues as well made her furrow her brows, crossing her arms in a low huff. She was perfectly fine with this treatment, but she had to be concerned for the smaller. The poor girl looked like she was gonna explode at this rate, and she didn't blame her.

Once Kota was dressed she opened the curtain, revealing her new look to the club members. They seemed to be amused as Akemi began to speak to her and fuss with her hair. "Oh! Um..." Kota couldn't help but to blush as the taller boy fluffed her hair and spoke of 'contrast' and 'boy love days.' At first she tried to avoid looking up to him, her honey colored eyes searching the room for anything but the red haired boy intruding on her personal space. She found no comfort in the giggles and knowing smiles of the other boys in the room so of course she looked back to Akemi. His smile could melt any girl's heart and Kota was no exception. The sweet blonde tried not to focus on the club leader's excited features as he spoke of his plans, instead putting her oblivious thoughts to his words.

"I- Um... What if they don't like me?" Kota toyed nervously with the sleeves of her blazer. This felt like a dangerous game. She wasn't entirely worried about them mistaking her gender, as she knew she owed them money either way. She was more so worried about other girls. They would surely know, right? Maybe they would be fine with it. This did seem to be a place about 'types.' Kota looked over briefly to see Chiharu and felt a brief sense of relief. At least they had each other in this mess.

At first, Takao completely ignored her words, instead taken by her appearance. "Oh, good! You guys look so cute!" He gushed, moving closer once again to mess with her hair. "Hey, girls like guys who aren't afraid to make the first move, you know? At least, most girls do." Takao gave a quick shrug and a smile in response to her teasing words. "You're kind of... spicy. I think girls will like that. Let's keep you a little messy." The black haired boy ruffled Chiharu's hair into a boyishly tamed mess before stepping back to admire his work. "Wow, I've really outdone myself." He grinned with his words, as if though he had put in hours and hours of work to get Chiharu to this point when in reality she had simply put on a club uniform and tamed her hair. She was naturally appealing. Of course, Takao wouldn't let anyone else but himself take credit for her cuteness though.

It was then that an clock chimed throughout the school, indicating the time. They would be opening soon! Whatever time they thought they had to prepare their new assistants was gone. "Okay, come on. You can watch a master at work. I mean, at least until I need something from you." Takao stated in a not at all humble tone. He grinned as he pulled Chiharu along towards the main doors that all of this nonsense had started at, getting into position with his fellow club members to greet the females that would be coming through.

Akemi had to hold back from making a comment about how cute it was that the other seemed as flustered as could be, as he knew well that would probably only fluster her more. "They'll love you, especially my customers. You're soft and cute, demure even. You'll fit in perfectly, and they'll probably baby you," he admitted knowingly. At the sound of the chime, he grinned a bit, before shaking his head out. He mussed with his own hair for only a moment before his face dropped into a scowl. "Just play along, and I apologize if anything I say sounds rude," he muttered before slamming open the large doors. Already girls had lined up, squealing and excitement filling the air.

Moving back, Akemi grunted as it seemed a group of four girls went right up to him, quickly greeting him. "Yeah, yeah, shut your traps," he grunted out, waving them off as they giggled. One of the girls noted the smaller behind him, looking up at Akemi then.

"Who's that, Tana-kun?" she questioned, smile wide with eyes that glittered.

"I told you, it's Tanaka. Say it right or don't say it at all," he huffed out, before throwing his arm around Kota. He felt a bit bad about how rough he had to be, but he didn't break character as he moved his hand. A large grin splayed on his face as he showed off Kota's face, humming out. "This is my new assistant, Suzuki-kun. I'm gonna train him to be just like me," he replied proudly, seeming to show off the smaller. It only took a moment for the girls to almost shove Akemi off him, the rough behaviour ceasing as the girls huddled around the girl.

"He's so cute, Tanaka-kun!!" "The poor boy looks so nervous, are you bullying him, Tana-kun?" "Come sit with us!!" "Yeah, we'll make sure Tanaka-san doesn't bully you!!" the four girls were all more than willing to drag Kota to sit with them, seeming to fully believe he was a boy. As Akemi joined the group in taking a seat, he had to admit.. He hadn't been excpecting Kota to be such a big hit. The guy was cute, for sure, but he almost felt a bit jealous. Of both parties, even. He ignored that thought as he smirked, letting the girls fawn over his new little assistant.

Chiharu ignored the way her face heated up at the comments and the abrupt mussing of her hair, rolling her eyes in turn. At the way he spoke, she had to snort to herself, muttering about how 'a master usually isn't this arrogant', though she didn't say it out loud as the bell chimed. She was anxious, truth be told, of being found out. The girls would have to know that she was a girl too, right? Sure she was more masculine, and her curves hadn't filled in completely, but her face was feminine and her voice was a dead giveaway. It wasn't high pitched, but it was soft and melodic.

At the doors slamming open, she nearly jumped at how many girls there were. All of them seemed to be squealing and excited, quickly finding the hosts. Even more than that, there was a line outside the door. She almost questioned if these girls were under some sort of weird spell, but she ignored her thoughts.

"Well then, master, please show me how you do it," the tone was sincere, but it wasn't hard to guess she was merely mocking him as she whispered it. Crossing her arms, she watched the way each guy seemed to get multiple girls coming to them. She had to admit--it was weird, seeing how excited girls were to simply talk to handsome guys. Sure, it was nice to get the attention, but going as far to pay for it? It was odd, and she had to question if these girls were in the right mindset. She did notice the way the girls huddled Kota, covering her mouth as she giggled lightly. At the very least, she didn't have to worry too much. Even if she did have to worry about the taller beside her.

With Akemi's kind, apologetic words and the needed info about the girls they would be catering to, the doors were open and a small group of girls swarmed to Akemi. His previously gentle demeanor shifted to a much harsher behavior as he addressed his adoring fans. Kota stood behind the taller boy, silently hoping to not be noticed by their curious eyes. Alas, almost immediately they began to ask about her. Kota soon felt the unwelcoming boy beside him throw an arm around her tensed shoulders. "H-Hey!" The timid blonde protested only momentarily as Akemi held her face, showing her off to the small crowd of idolizing girls. It didn't take too long for them to push past Akemi and huddle in closer to Kota. Even though they had no regard for her space, they were extremely nice. Kota blushed in response to their words as they grabbed at her hands and arms, dragging her over to a cozy sitting area. The table had a gorgeous vase in the middle with an elegant bunch of red roses placed perfectly inside.

"Th-Thank you... You guys are so kind..." Kota gave a shy smile with her words as she sat between two girls who continued to paw at her adoringly. "Tanaka-san isn't trying to bully me though. That's... um... That's just his nature! He doesn't mean it..." The sheepish blonde offered her words with another smile, doing her best to cater to Akemi's idolizing audience. While Kota was normally pretty quiet, the events taking place throughout the morning had left her in a state of difficulty when it came to communicating. She was finding herself consistently dumbfounded. If not by Akemi and his club members or her own clumsy actions, than by swooning fan girls. A thought popped into Kota's troubled mind as she sat between the chattering girls beside her. "Excuse me, Tanaka-san... But perhaps I could grab us some tea?" Kota offered politely with a warm smile. She wasn't trying to make a scene, but if she could briefly excuse herself from the situation then not only could she get a warm, soothing beverage to calm her nerves and serve the table, but she could also grab her backpack as well that contained a sugary snack from home to maybe share with their group and further ease her worried mind.

"Watch and learn." Takao grinned, his words quiet enough for only her to hear. Soon enough a small group of 3 girls flocked to the black haired boy, all wearing the same yellow dresses for their school uniforms.

"Ichijyo-san!" The girls squealed in unison, excited beyond belief. A red head with long braids was the first to offer something to him. "Look! I made it for you in my art class!" The girl chimed out giddily, offering the blue eyed boy a decently drawn picture of himself. It was painted in with watercolor in varying shades of blue, black, and white.

"For me? Oh... It's breathtaking, Sato-chan!" Takao took the painting with an enthusiastic tone and a pleased smile. He eyed over it for a moment before moving closer the younger redhead. The girls altogether went silent as he placed a hand underneath the girl's chin, barely touching her skin with his slender fingers. "Of course, it can't even begin to compare to your radiant beauty..." Takao spoke in a hushed, velvety tone to the girl, his lips merely inches from hers as he gazed into her wide eyes. "I will treasure this gift with the most faithful devotion and untiring admiration. Thank you." He gave a charming smile as he pulled away from the swooning girl.

Her friends shrieked with a feverish excitement as Takao looked over to Chiharu with a knowing smirk, as if to say, I told you so. This did not go unnoticed from Takao's once adoring fans as they looked in the direction of his shifted gaze. They instead focused on who they assumed was a boy with tousled brown hair and a lively attitude. Their wide eyes sparkled with a renewed vigor as they rushed over to Chiharu. "He's... so... CUTE!" One of the girls squealed with delight as she pawed at one of the newest additions to the host club.

"You couldn't have told us about him sooner?!" The redhead that had previously been fawning over Takao whined with a childish disappointment at not knowing of Chiharu's existence sooner.

Takao was taken aback by the display of a group of his own fangirls adoring someone else. To say he was jealous was an understatement, but he knew he had to keep his composure. "Now, now, ladies... This is Nozomi-kun. He's new and he's my assistant. That means while he is extremely appealing, he's simply an errand boy and a host-in-training for the moment. He's here to learn and who else would be a better fit? Certainly nobody else except myself." Takao kept his voice as cool and charming as ever as he addressed the boy crazed girls.

"Oh! That make sense as to why I haven't seen you before! Let's sit down. I want to know everything about you!" The third girl in the group, a girl with bright blue eyes, black hair, and an abundance of freckles on her rosy cheeks spoke out as the trio led Chiharu to a table. Takao followed along and took a seat between two of the girls at the table. He was of course jealous, however he couldn't help but to be at least slightly amused by the situation and seeing them fawn over Chiharu.

There was a pause from Akemi as he noted Kota, nodding with a grunt. "Whatever, free country," he replied, crossing his arms. It seemed to be code for go ahead, especially when he added on a 'don't take too long' with it. There was a small pause as he stretched, the girls seeming to grin widely. He noted the way they watched the shorter go out of sight before turning to Akemi, seemingly far more excited now.

"Tanaka-kun, you really aren't bullying him, right?" one of the girls asked, a taller, black haired girl. One of Akemi's regulars as it were, she seemed to be quite interested in Kota. Akemi rolled his eyes, throwing his hands behind his back as he kicked his feet up casually.

"I have better things to do than bully some kid, besides, you don't get someone to be your assistant by bullying them," he replied casually. Even if he was the bad type, he knew there were certain lines to not be crossed. The girls didn't want some jackass who bullied smaller people, and swore and was completely rude. It was a fine line, and Akemi made sure to walk it. "Once he gets out of his shell, I'm telling you, he'll be just like me!" he lied casually, knowing well that was completely wrong. Even if Kota did get out of her shell, he couldn't imagine her being as mean and abbrassive as he had been. He almost broke character to laugh, but kept a straight face.

It wasn't long until the black hair girl moved, touching his arm with a casual grin. "Well, I think it's lovely you're mentoring someone, Tanaka," she hummed, dropping the honorifics. Akemi wouldn't admit that the flirting was far from his favourite, but he kept a grin on his face. He was used to it, but he didn't find it appealing. Ironically, he was quite sure that the shy, awkward replies he got from Kota were cuter.

"Of course I am," he replied in a cocky tone, earning giggles from the group as the girls waited. He had to admit, this was far better than he expected from the younger, but he was quite happy with it.

Chiharu couldn't help but hold in a gag at the fake flirting, finding the overwhelming display to be far too cheesy for her. Though, the smirk she had gotten had only earned her grimacing for a second before she was thrust into the spotlight. Now, she had always had a competitive streak, she would admit that.. But it had only been in sports. Standing here, now, though, she felt that fire kick right up. Smiling gently at the girls, she followed happily, seemingly taking their hands as offered. She was absolutely going to show Takao exactly what she could do.

"Ah, thank you girls.. I'll be in your care, then," she offered a wide smile, taking a seat with them. She figured she could have her fun then, giggling a bit.

"Please, ask away. I'm excited to have this oppurtinity, and it's all thanks to Ichijyo-senpai," she hummed out. The smile on her fact was far more real than she'd like to admit, if not for the fact she was basically mocking the other without anyone knowing, tacking on the 'senpai' to show that he respected Takao in front of the girls. "And please, don't hesitate to ask anything of me as well. I am an assistant, as Ichijyo-senpai said. I'll be happy to do anything for you," she added the sweet tone at the end, offering a soft, gentle smile towards the others.

Akemi's dismissive words were all it took for Kota to get up and leave the situation. She tried not to seem too eager, but she was of course excited to have a reason to briefly escape. Kota went and found her backpack first before managing to find where the boys prepared their tea to serve their bright eyed guests. Kota also found herself doing so with the help of one of the other club members who was preparing his own tray of expensive looking teacups.

"Don't forget the sugar. Some of the girls like it... sweet." The boy snickered at his own joke, seemingly making a jab at how drawn to Kota's endearing nature some of their guests were.

Kota found herself giving an awkward laugh at the boy's words, doing her best to shrug them off. "Right, thanks..." She gave a halfhearted smile with her words, noting his amused smirk as they left together. Both with ornate tea serving trays in hand. Kota did her absolute best to pay attention to her feet and tried to keep her hands as steady as possible. She had already broken one insanely expensive object today, she didn't need to rack up more debt by breaking more things.

Kota finally reached the table with a careful focus on setting down the tea serving tray. Only once it had successfully met the table all in one very expensive, unbroken piece did she finally breathe a sigh of relief. Kota then made sure to set a tea cup in front of each person at the table, filling each one with a warm, amber drink from the teapot before taking her seat once again. "Sorry I was gone for so long. You wouldn't believe how many different kinds of tea there is back there!" Kota laughed a bit with her own words, only half joking about being lost in the abundance of flavors of tea. Despite Kota's family having a comfortable amount of wealth, she hadn't been in this lifestyle for very long and was clearly not accustomed to it.

It was as she spoke that she retrieved a fairly small red and black plaid container. Kota opened the circular shaped tin before setting it down near the middle of the table so anyone could reach it if they wanted to. She was sure to grab herself a cookie before speaking again. "I... um... I made these with my grandma last night... Feel free to take one..." The shy blonde stated softly, embarrassed for having to explain her hobbies. All in total, there were about 6 cookies within the tin all stacked up on top of each other in various shapes. They were clearly homemade, though by a somewhat skilled baker. Two were the traditional circular shape but had a small, simple heart or star shaped design on the middle of them in jam. Two were plain chocolate chip cookies. There were only two others shaped like rabbits, their cute faces also being drawn out in chocolate.

The girls, of course, exchanged looks with each other and bashful giggles at Chiharu's polite words. "Oh, you are seriously too cute! What year are you in?" One girl spoke giddily, sitting beside the brown haired girl, clearly oblivious to her true gender.

"And what do you like to do for fun?" Another girl chimed in from across the table, the red haired girl from before. She was playing with one of her braids, obviously smitten by Chiharu as well.

"Wait, I have a better question! What made you want to be a host?" The third girl chimed out with a fervent tone, an adoring spark in her eyes as she eagerly awaited a reply.

Takao sat quietly ad he watched Chiharu speak. An uneasy feeling was building in his stomach. He was absolutely 100% jealous of his assistant, but there was something else. Something more important than his own ego, shockingly enough to him... Chiharu was a natural. Perfectly pleasant, his fans wanted a piece of her undivided attention. He wasn't entirely shocked and while it stung a bit to his overinflated sense of self importance... It was incredibly interesting to watch. Her fresh face and untaught, though impeccable behavior when moments ago she was scoffing and insulting him was something that Takao himself couldn't keep himself from being impressed by. He was captivated by her capabilities.

"Nozomi-kun." He finally spoke out, causing the girls around them to look to him curiously to see what he would say. "Why don't you go fetch us some tea? I'm sure these ladies are absolutely parched." Takao gave a polite smile with his kind words, though it was clear that there was an almost bitter undertone for Chiharu to pick up on. Their guests obviously didn't, instead looking back to the brown haired girl with a light in their eyes and wide smiles.

"Oh, yes, please!" One of them squeaked out with a renewed excitement. "I would love to have tea with you, Nozomi-san!" She continued to enthuse.

"Me too! I want to have tea with Nozomi-san too!" Another one of the girls chimed out until they were all exclaiming how much they would love to be close to Chiharu while drinking a warm cup of tea.

Takao certainly wasn't one to normally poke at someone so promising. There was just something about Chiharu that he couldn't quite put his finger on though... Something that made him want to know more about her. Something that made him want to tease her, to compete with her even. She seemed like the kind of person when provoked to snap back and Takao was finding himself drawn to her spirited nature. What made Chiharu tick? Takao wanted to know. The younger girl was a puzzle to him that he just couldn't solve. Not yet, anyways. He was normally pretty decent at reading people but he felt like there was something bigger, something deeper that he wasn't able to place.

Akemi raised his brows at the cookies, though he didn't even get a word in edge wise before the girls excitedly gasped, each grabbing a different one. They were quick to gently tug the smaller between them, obviously having been smitten within an instant. Akemi couldn't help the little feeling of jealousy he had, but he ignored it easily. Kota was new and exciting to the girls, and she was cute. He fit a niche that Akemi didn't, and yet, he couldn't help but feel that twinge of frustration. Add on the fact that she wasn't even trying and the girls swooned, it was more than frustrating. He pulled his feet down, moving to grab a cookie. Grabbing the second rabbit one, one of the girls giggled at him.

"I didn't take you for someone who liked cute things, Tanaka-kun."

"I don't, it was just the closest to me," the blatant lie earned the rest of them giggling as they took bites themselves. Akemi watched as they seemed to immediately praise the smaller, so he figured taking a bite while they were distracted was fine. He had to be thankful he did, otherwise his facade slipping would've been far more noticeable. The way his eyes lit up and the grimace he had on for the entirety of the time had been replaced by a large smile. He made sure to finish it before anyone could look back at him, using a napkin to wipe his mouth.

"Wahh, Tanaka-kun finished it before we could even finish telling Suzuki-kun how good they are. You must have really liked it!" the black haired girl commented, giggling at it. Akemi waved her off, kicking his feet back up on the table casually.

"It was fine," he lied casually, with the girls grinning widely.

"Suzuki-kun's cookies got to Tanaka-kun to say something was fine! What a surprise, he always says things were bad," one of the shorter girls commented, clapping her hands. He furrowed his brow then, groaning out loud in agitation. It was a surprisingly real groan, though no one would know the reasons for it, simply assuming he was being mildly tsundere. Truth be told, he hadn't even realized that he was always insulting other things or being rude, that something as little as a fine would be noticed by the girls. He had to be more careful about that, he didn't want anyone finding out the personality he showed only to his friends.

Chiharu wouldn't admit the little victory dance she wished she could give, offering polite smiles to the girls. She had found something she could really be good at that wasn't sports, and it was enough to make her feel like she was flying. She noted the bitter undertone, instead grinning playfully as she stood. "I'll be back, then, with tea," she commented, using the time away to think of how to answer questions. She couldn't fully be truthful, after all, that this was because of some debt.. It would be a bad look for the host club and herself.

Instead, she figured it'd be fine to simply tell them she had admired the host club and asked to join. Given her lack of experience, it was decided she would be an assistant. Easy to remember little lie, but it was enough to sound less... well, loan-shark-esque. Fixing the teas up, she made sure to be careful bringing it out, setting it on the table as she hummed lowly. Taking a seat once more, she handed out the cups casually.

"My apologies for being interrupted, but to answer your questions I am a first year, I play basketball in my free time, and," she seemed to pause, mulling over it. If this host thing doesn't work out, maybe acting will.

"Well, actually, I really admire the host club," she smiled easily. "I think bringing people happiness is the best thing someone can do, and the hosts get to do it every day. Seeing the way you girls light up, and the fulfillment that hosts get.. I really wanted to do something like that," she thought out loud, nodding. "Ah, sorry, that sounded really cheesy, huh?" she laughed awkwardly, face flushing. Truth be told, she hadn't meant to actually get as deep as she did there, the embarrassingly sweet sentiment coming out without thinking.

Kota couldn't help but to smile at the adoring compliments of the girls around her. "Wow, thanks! You guys are so nice..." She gave a shy laugh with her bashful thanks. She looked between the girls as they spoke before her curious hazel eyes landed on Akemi. She remembered how polite and charming he had been earlier, minus the whole debt owing, overbearing words and behaviors thing. His red hair was pushed back in an charmingly tousled fashion and despite his dismissive expression Kota could still fondly remember his pleasant smiles from earlier. That, as well as his mention of contrast. Contrast... Kota thought to herself, her expression a dead giveaway to her brief, thoughtful silence as she quickly looked away, her cheeks flushed at the thought of the concept. An open book, Kota was easy to read and rarely could hide her true feelings. These were roles to play though, not something genuine, something that was becoming more clear to her with Akemi's performance.

Kota lifted her teacup, a gold and green piece of tableware with intricate leafing on the handle and rim with a soothing amber colored blend inside. As she went to set it down, a sudden movement from one of the giddy females by her side caused the hot liquid to spill over onto her hand. "Ow!" Kota yelped out in pain, being sure not to drop the expensive cup as she quickly set it back down. While the brief sensation of burning was real, the timid blonde was playing into her character. A decision from her apparent mentor within all of this madness that somehow attracted a prominent female audience; Akemi. She arose from her spot and moved closer to the moody redhead, offering her dainty, 'burnt' hand to him. Tears welled up in her eyes as she looked to him, a sad, hazel eyed puppy seeking his help. "It hurts..." She whimpered softly. "I-I don't mean to trouble you... I-I know... I'm so clumsy... But could you blow on it please, Senpai?" She pleaded as both dejectedly and adorably as she could muster, offering a problem that only he supposedly could fix. Of course, she made to do it so everyone else at the table had a front row seat. Contrast... That's what they're here for, right? Kota told herself silently.

Chiharu was good, Takao was realizing this more and more, but could anyone be
this good right off the bat? A competitive, jealous nature was continuing to be sparked at the young rookie's success. There was something about her. Takao was both appalled and captivated by the brown haired girl. "Thank you." He stated quietly as Chiharu passed cups out around on the glossy wood table. A floral bouquet of lush red roses sat in an ornate vase in the middle of the table. Takao looked to the roses as he took a sip of his tea, lost in his own thoughts. He really had no reason to be so jealous. Chiharu being extraordinarily good was a plus for their club, and it made the girls around them happy. While that thought was clear to him, he just couldn't shake the feeling of his interest in Chiharu and her abilities.

At her response about her passion for the club, the girls squealed with delight, all of them seeming to blush at her thoughtful words. "Oh no, not cheesy at all! You're so genuine, Nozomi-san!" The red haired girl insisted as she gave a weak smile with her words, overtaken by the fluttering butterflies in her stomach.

"And
cute!" The third girl in their group, a peppy blonde girl with a braid in her straight, long hair made sure to add enthusiastically.

"Hey, I'm a first year!" The black haired girl exclaimed in an overly excited fashion, bringing the conversation back to Chiharu's personal information and interests. It was clear by her statement that she was looking forward to potentially seeing more of Chiharu outside of the club room setting.

"Me too! Me too!" The blonde chimed in, equally as eager as the first. "Perhaps... Nozomi-san... Maybe we can play basketball together!" The same girl's coy offer started off slow, almost shy, but as she exclaimed her proposal her words rushed together in a once again passionate tone.

"Ono-chan, you haven't even played basketball before. It would be totally unfair to make him teach you. Nozomi-san should play with me instead!" The girl who had originally spoke about years, the black haired first year, pouted as she spoke out pettily.

Takao was the one to stand up before the girls could continue to squabble, placing his hands on the table as he stared Chiharu down from across the polished wood. The girls around them went silent, everyone now looking to Takao's determined stare. "I will challenge Chiharu to a basketball game!" The boy firmly declared. The girls around him went wild, visualizing their two new favorite idols in a friendly competition. Of course, there were some things that were concerning about this proposed match. First and foremost, Takao had no idea how well Chiharu could play. He knew nothing about the girl except for what he had heard and assumed. He still hadn't even realized that she wasn't a boy. Secondly, Takao was a partaker of the arts. He had never found his calling in sports and was only decent enough in them to not entirely fail his gym classes. Nonetheless, blinded by his own jealousy and enjoying Chiharu's competitive nature up to this point, Takao wanted to challenge her in her own interests and see if he could best her.

The way the guests seemed to squeal at the question only caused Akemi to wince a bit, but he didn't seem to hesitate in taking the small hand in his. Large hands engulfed smaller ones, with a light click of the tongue to signify he was only slightly irritated. "Whatever, fine," he muttered, blowing onto the burn. Of course, it wasn't hard to see him holding back from actually going into mother hen mode. The guy was close to breaking character and quickly getting her injury fixed, but he withheld himself. "You should be more careful," he grunted out, face slightly flushed as he avoided eye contact. Half of it was acting, but the other half was his own stomach doing flips. He did catch a glimpse at the others face, moving to wipe the tears that had welled up. "And no more cryin', yeah? It's annoying," he added on the last half with a huff.

The sound of the girls squeals only growing was enough to actually cause him to cringe away from the noise, rolling his eyes. "Who knew Tanaka-kun had such a soft side?" one of the girls giggled out, clapping her hands. He almost had to laugh, considering he knew well that the soft side was far more prominent than they realized. He moved back then, kicking his feet up as he rolled his eyes once more.

"I ain't got a soft side for anything or anyone. If my assistant is out of commission cause of some dumb hand injury, who am I gonna boss around?" he questioned, though they didn't seem even slightly to believe it. He had to admit, the kid was a good actor. He was almost convinced he had gotten a decently bad burn, but he had gotten a close enough look. He figured that after the shift was over, he could put a bandage on it for her. He was filled with pride, though. He had a new assistant who was very much getting on the good side of the girls. Even if he did have odd feelings about it, and moreover curiosity, he ignored it for the time being. He could have his questions answered after.

"Say, say, Suzuki-kun, is your hand ok?" the black hair girl asked, moving to check her hand.

"That tea was pretty hot, I'm glad it wasn't worse of a burn," another one said, shaking her head.

"You're lucky it didn't get all over your uniform! Tanaka-kun made Miyoka-kun do 10 laps around the school when he messed his uniform up," a third interjected, earning a wave of the hand from Akemi.

"Deserved. Miyoka-san has ruined just about every uniform I give him," he replied, groaning. He was more so agitated with the fact Rin had been so blase about doing something like that, and it was more for show than anything. Rin's lazy, clingy attitude attempting to run and getting help from the girls had been quite a seller. Water bottles, the chance to pat his sweat, sitting with him during his breaks.. All paid for, and all bought within seconds of opening.

Chiharu smiled at the girls, giggling a bit at their questions. She would admit, she didn't really know how to interact with the obvious flirting. Sure, she could be sincere and play off like she knew what she was doing, but actual flirting was a whole different ballpark. Her face flushed easily, rubbing the back of her neck at their comments. She hadn't been flirted with before, it was much harder to answer than their actual questions. She was thankful when Takao spoke out, challenging her. Now this, this was her cup of tea.

"Of course, Ichijyo-senpai. I'd be more than happy to play a game with you," she replied, grinning easily. "I think the girls would enjoy watching as well," she hummed out. She wouldn't warn him before hand of her over competitive nature when it came to basketball, or that she had almost been on the team. She stood up, clapping her hands with a wide smile.

"But we should change, it'll be a more even playing field if we're not in the suits. Not to mention, I don't want us sweating on them," she laughed, knowing well the activity would be far more vigorous than originally intended. They both seemed to have quite the streak of confidence and competitive nature, she figured he would be giving it his best, so she would too. "If you girls want, we can meet you on the court. It could be a surprise on our outfit changes," she offered with a wink, figuring it was something.

Mainly, she wanted a second away from all the commotion. She could handle Takao and Kota and Akemi to some extent, but all these people were far more exhausting for her, as far as she was concerned.

Kota was quiet for a moment as she watched Akemi react grumpily to the situation she had presented him. She noticed his shifted gaze, his eyes avoiding her own as a slight flush of color showed on his cheeks. Was he... blushing? Could someone fake that? As much as Kota was trying to present this dramatic, seemingly urgent situation, she found herself quickly reverting back to her natural reactions. A fuzzy warmth was building in the pit of her stomach and she of course couldn’t help but to blush as well as he did finally look to her. She caught his concerned gaze as he wiped away her tears, an action that made her want to hide behind the plush velvety couch. Kota had never really been so close to anyone, the only people wiping away her tears having been her own comforting family members. “S-Sorry, I’ll try to be tougher, senpai...” Kota mustered up one final line of determination in her soft, sweet tone to contribute to their act before moving away from him once more.
Kota returned to her spot between the girls, letting them look at her and give their sympathetic questions as one of them briefly examined her hand. “I-It’s fine! Tanaka-san is right. If I’m ever going to be strong like him one day, then I need to be stronger too!” The once again determined tone coming from Kota was almost amusing. Her gentle nature was anything but tough, but again she was pushing for their act.
Again, she found herself going quiet, disguising her concerned silence by sipping her tea as she listened to them speak about another club member that had assisted her with putting together her tea tray earlier. She tried not to choke at the discussion of uniforms and punishments, a brutal reminder of why she was here in the first place; money. Kota knew she wasn’t going to be able to be consistent with this hurt puppy act. She was simply trying to push the narrative of feigned affection between her and Akemi. The thought of adding to her already astounding debt made her sick to her stomach. Thankfully, a gentle chiming suddenly rang out. Much unbeknownst to Kota, it was the signal that their current appointment was over. Girls all throughout the room complained, but began to shuffle out of the club room. They would have a small bit of time between this and their next appointment, something that Kota would find out and be thankful for soon.
Takao was interrupted before he could properly respond by a gentle, melodic chiming. “Fine. Our next appointment will take place on the basketball court. We can invite everyone to come watch.” He declared boldly, a competitive spark in his deep blue eyes.
“Aw! I don’t want to stop talking!” One of the girls whined. ”Especially when Nozomi-San was just starting to blush!” The girl continued with a giggle.
“I know, my sweet princess, but you can still come see us once we’re ready to play. It really shouldn’t be too long. He’s right, we just need to change.” Takao moved closer to the girl who had spoken, brushing her hair behind her ear lovingly as he spoke. The girl looked up to him through wide, sparkling eyes, obviously still taken by his dramatically sweet words.
“Okay...” The girl swooned. “We’ll see you guys soon!” Both she and her friends giggled, exiting the club room with a few waves.
After all of their guests had left the room and the doors shut, Takao crossed his arms with a frown as he eyed over Chiharu. “You’re... really good.” He complimented with a huff in a both hesitant and moody tone. “Don’t let it get to your head though. I’m still going to win.” Takao declared before walking across the room to speak with Akemi. There was no possible way Takao was going to be victorious in this, but his ego wouldn’t let him believe anything besides his own potential victory.
“Hey, so... I wasn’t planning on doing this originally, but I’m going to beat my devoted assistant in a game of basketball. I figure everyone can come watch us. It’ll be fun!” Takao grinned, giving an enthusiastic thumbs up with his words to the slightly shorter boy. If anyone knew his lack of skill in sports, it would be his fellow club members. Especially Akemi though, given the fact that they were in the same year and had practically grown up together as schoolmates. Takao was pretty stubborn though so despite knowing that, his loyal club members also knew how aggressively determined he could be. It was a dangerous combination for Takao’s ego, as it would surely take a blow after being bested his his underling. Especially with how oblivious he was to her gender.

The gentle timing earned Akemi standing up, stretching as he grinned. The girls groaning earned him laughing, waving them off casually. "Don't worry, we'll be back soon," he stated, winking as he threw an arm over Kota's shoulder roughly. The soft squeals and swoons seemed to carry until the girls were out, and once the door shut he dropped his arm. Rather than continue his aggressive shtick, he went right into mother-henning as he moved to take her hand. "You were good out there. You're good at improvising," he commented offhandedly as he moved, keeping her hand in his as he leaned back, digging through the couch cushions.

It was only a second before he found what he was looking for, a soft 'uhhuh' coming out as he tugged it up. A first aid kit hidden inside the couch... Creative, one had to suppose. He moved, opening it as he took a band-aid out. "Your burn isn't too bad, you'll just need to be careful bumping it into anything. If you irritate it, it could get infected," he warned, putting the bandage on without hesitation. Rin snorted at the little comments, knowing well that poor Kota would have to get used to the almost hypochondriac response Akemi would have to simple medical issues.

That was when Akemi paused, hearing Takao's words he seemed to look over, face incredulous and very obviously skeptical. "Right.. so you.... think you can beat someone at a game of basketball? As in like, without anyone else helping you? Or, like, carrying you through the game?" he asked. "Okay.. Nozomi-kun, have you played basketball before?" he asked, figuring Takao hadn't.

"For 4 years on teams, I only quit recently," she confirmed, earning Akemi giving a look at Takao. Now, he would always root for his members, but he knew exactly where this was headed. He almost wanted to stop it before it became a thing, but then he thought about it. "We could hold bets, with your... confidence," he air quoted the word towards Takao in the moment. "I'm sure girls will bet on you, and even if you lose which is the biggest possibility, then we'll still make money since Nozomi is in the club," he sighed, rubbing the back of his head.

"Suzuki-kun and I will be on the medical team," Akemi stated after a moment of thought. Rin laughed out, clapping his hands.

"No loyalty, Ake-kun! Making a whole medical team because of your distrust," he barked out through snorts, with Akemi kicking the others chair he had been laying in, causing it to tip back with a hard thud.

"It's basketball, it's dangerous. If one of them falls, they'll break an ankle. Do you know how badly that could end?" Akemi questioned, pausing for only a second as he added on,"And quit calling me Ake-kun! I swear to god," he groaned, rubbing his face. "Fine, we can all go watch the basketball but I swear to all that is holy if either of you hit me or Suzuki-kun, I'll be sure that the basket isn't the only thing getting dunked," the threat was mostly empty to anyone who knew Akemi. He had fought before, but actually hurting someone for something as simple as an accident was completely out of his spectrum.

"Relax, Tanaka-kun, we'll be fine. Besides, how bad could Ichijyo-senpai possibly be?" Chiharu questioned, though when the club seemingly went quiet, obviously not wanting to answer, she had to hold back a snort. She figured he couldn't truly be that bad, after all. Sure, he might not be up to her par, but that was easily remidied if he just watched her movements. It was how she god as good as she did, so she was quite sure it had to be like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back