• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Getting along

"Yeah let's go!" One of the boys yelled.

Alexander leaned against the seat and he gave his sister a big grin "thanks for the ride sis." He then looked out the window. He hated putting on this act but he had to be a nice guy around these friends.

“Of course little bro!” She playfully ruffled his hair.

As they drove, Regina began asking them questions. “So what’s Alex like in school?”

A black haired boy answered first "he's really quiet usually" he said. "He gets himself in a lot of fights."

A blonde haired boy smiles "but he does really good in class, he always has the highest marks, he's even tutored some of the other kids in class before."

Alexander continued to stare out of the window, he was going to have to miss a lesson today because of his nosy sister.

“Oh I heard you’ve been skipping a lot though. Doesn’t attendance factor in too, little bro?” Regina smiled.

What was he doing? If he was brilliant why did he fight? What was his problem, she wondered?

He shrugs "I really only skip on the worthless days" he said "the ones where they just give you paperwork, you can also make up for the days you skipped out of if you do extra assigments and do really well on tests and exams."

The blonde boy nods "yeah man it would be awesome to see you" he said. "We don't see you enough as it is since you never hang out with us after school."

Alex looked over to his sister and it was obvious he was thinking. Eventually he shrugged "I have lessons after school usually." He said sighing "I'm missing one right now."

He looks up as he tries to think of the right way to word this. He looked over at his sister "their self defence classes" he said. "I used to get bullied as a kid so I found myself someone who helped me." He looked out the window "oh we're here" he said. He really didn't want to do this karaoke thing but if he behaved a little around his sister then maybe she would get off his back.

Regina parked the car, letting the other boys get out before turning into the corner and parking it. As soon as the engine was off, she turned around to Alex, her eyes cold. "So you fight because the kids give you a hard time? Why didn't you pretend to be like them?"

She tilted her head. He had chosen a strange way to fight back, but she understood it...somewhat. "You won't be able to deal with all the bullies by beating the shit out of them. You have to learn how to fight effectively."

The young man watched as the friends got out and before he could she started driving again. She parked the car and he knew she would want to speak with him. He was right he met her cold eyes and sighed.

"How about you let me worry about me alright?" He sighed "I'll be fine, I always am" he said a little quietly.

"Sadly for you, if you die, I can't guarantee my life at home will be peaceful." Regina stated flatly. "Before my dad married, I was fine with him being out. It meant I had peace and quiet. Now, thanks to your mom and you, I don't have that anymore and I certainly won't have that if you end up hurt or worse."

Her head arched to Alex. "Who is bullying you?"

Alexander stared ahead of him, not really looking at anything just staring. He shook his head slowly "no one anymore" the boy said. He didn't care if she was basically a stranger, he wasn't going to bring her into his problems.

"Then why do you still fight?" Regina got out of the car. "I know what it means to blend in. But I do it with caution so that my parent isn't worried about me. My mother was dumb enough to be the opposite of that but not me."

She smiled. "Well come on lil' bro, let's not keep your friends waiting. Even if they're not really your friends."

He watched his sister get out of the car and eyed her. He let out a long breath and stepped out as well heading inside. One of his friends was waiting for them.

"There you guys are" he said "come on we already got a room." He lead the two into one of the karaoke rooms. There was a table and couches with a large tv and a karaoke machine. There was even a mini fridge for drinks.

Alex looked around the room "not bad" he said with an approving nod. It looked cozy enough.

"I know one of the guys." Regina chilled back. "Why don't you guys show me what you got?'

She grabbed a drink from the fridge and sat down. She could care less what a bunch of losers would do but the drinks were nice. And as of right now, she wanted to see how he interacted with them.

The young man watched as two of his friends got up and started to sing a song together. He really didn't want to be here, this whole idea was stupid. He had to though, to appease his sister. The song ended after a bit and the blonde guy looked to Alex "hey man you go" he said with a smile.

Alex stared at him for a manometer before sighing with a smile "alright then" he said going up and taking a mic. When the song came on Alex go into it right away, even being a little dramatic and making the other guys laugh. Alex use to take singing lessons when he was younger. He did enjoy singing and practiced it by himself still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back