• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Getting along

Rexblades

He was on the computer in his room and he was just watching videos. His mother had told him to come down to meet his new sister but he really didn't want much to do with any of the other family. Sadly he couldn't say no to his mother though, she hasn't ever been this happy since his dad passed away. He stood from the seat and headed down the stairs, hands in his pockets. His mother saw he came down and smiled.

"Thank you dear" she said with a nod while Alexander didn't said a anything as he just leaned against a wall waiting for the his new... family to arrive.

Regina grinned as she came in, her father embracing her new step-mom.

"Hey there!" She grinned, moving to hug her new little brother. "I've always wanted a little brother! You're so cute!"

To be fair, it was a long, boring car ride.

Alexander stared at the two who walked in and was basically about to move out of the way of the hug until he saw the look his mother was giving him. He sighed and gave the girl a lazy hug back. "Y-yeah nice to meet you too" he said then looked back to his mother "I met her, can I go back to my room now?"

With a sigh his mother nodded then looked back to Regina with an apologetic smile "I'm sorry about him, he's actually really sweet, he's just not taking the whole new family thing well."

"It's okay, I can understand it's all really new." Regina smiled gently as her father took her step mom to the kitchen. Waiting for them to leave Regina headed up stairs, peaking through the door at Alexander.

"My name's Regina but you can call me big sis if you want!"

The man let out a sigh as his sister took a peak in his room, he then leaned back in his chair looking up at the ceiling "big sister... big sister" he said it a couple of times as if testing it then he shook his head "you see it just doesn't sound right" he stood up going to the door "this is how it's going to work, you leave me alone and I'll leave you alone then we can live our happy lives separate alright... Regina?"

With a heavy sigh, Regina walked over and laid a small present on his desk. "Well if you don't mind, little brother. I got you a present."

She left it on his desk. "Open it now or open it later or open it never. I know it's like...totally weird to suddenly have a sibling. I wasn't exactly expecting a brother but here we are and this is the reality we're facing. So maybe it might take some time to adjust, but I hope you'll see me as not a stranger, but a friend?"

He was surprised at the present he was given. The man stated at the gift for a moment. He sighed, now he was the bad guy and he shook his head. "Th-thanks" he said slowly looking at his sister. He then opens the gift, curious as to what it actually was.

Inside was a Polaroid camera. It was a light, baby blue, with a cute sticker on it of a teddy bear.

"Sorry if it's a little umm...girly." Regina chuckled. "I couldn't find one that was cheaper. But I figured maybe you'd get a kick out of it. I always enjoy a good photo with my friends." She stood up, preparing to leave.

"Well, I guess I should head back downstairs. Probably don't want me cluttering up your room, right?"

The present was actually pretty nice and it wasn't at all what he was expecting. The young man stared at it, inspecting the camera. He saw the sticker of the teddy bear and he smiled slightly "it is kind of girly" he responded as he put it on the desk.

He knew he had to do something nice now and he sighed. "Actually... why don't you stay" he spoke quietly "we can... I dunno get to know each other or something."

"Really?" Regina smiled as she plopped herself on his couch. "Well I suppose since I intruded, I should break the ice. I'm Regina. Hmmm, currently college age now but it's not too different from high school. I guess I do enjoy good meals and oh don't get me started on coffee shops. I'm a bit of a caffeine addict so don't get too alarmed if you see me with a cup or two every day."

She leaned in. "Now you go."

The man listened and even gave a chuckle as she expand herself. He thought for a moment trying to think easy to say. "Well I'm in my senior year of high school, I get in fights a lot ummm I also practice the violin." He then shrugged.

"That's about it I guess."

"A lot of fights?" Regina sounded concerned as she leaned in. "You know that could get you suspended or worse. And it looks bad on college applications."

Deep down, Regina hated him. He looked like an idiot, throwing tantrums and getting into fights probably because he was too weak to develop any kind of self control. It made him pathetic. It made him like every other person she'd known before. Childish and stupid.

"Why do you fight?" Regina asked, curious.

He rolled his eyes as she lectured him, it wasn't like he hasn't heard it before. His mother had always gone on about how he shouldn't fight. He chuckled at that thought.

When his sister asked why he fought a smirk came across his lips "because it's fun" he said finally "it's not like they make me mad or anything like that..." he trailed off as he tried to think of his next words "I guess.... I just enjoy breaking people."

His smirk then turned into a genuine smile.

"Really?" Regina didn't know if he was joking or if he was serious. "You know that hurts people, Alex."

Was he actually being serious? For a second, Regina didn't know if she believed him but it was always possible, wasn't it?

Alexander raised an eyebrow "and?" He leaned back in his seat "why should it bother me?" He asked "I only do it to those who want to fight and I make sure they don't want to fight anyone ever again." He shrugged "I'm doing people a favor."

“What about your future?” Regina asked. “Don’t you think eventually you might meet someone who doesn’t want to back down? Who wants to hurt you where it really hurts. What if they go after the people you care about? Your friends. Your family.”

The man smirked at that "that's why I don't have much to care about" he said shrugging "even with the stuff I do care about I never let it show, it's a weakness and one I'm good at exploiting myself." He then leaned back in the chair and watched his sister. Something seemed off about her but he couldn't figure out what.

"But you do let it show." Regina stated blankly, and for a moment, her voice sounded...off. Almost like she was taunting him. But as soon as she did say it, her face morphed back to one full of worry. "I'm sorry I just worry okay? I don't want you to get hurt."

The smirk that crept on his face almost seemed evil. There it was. His smirk quickly turned into a smile. "Do I?" He asked. He shrugged with his eyes closed "guess I just feel safe around you, after all you're just my sweet innocent big sis..." his one eye opened.

"Right?"

Regina tilted her head. "Are you okay, Alex?"

She seemed to be genuinely confused as to why he was trying to be so playful. Still, she sat on the bed, her eyes looking at his.

The man smiled and nodded "yep I'm alright" he stood up from his seat and stretched. He wasn't sure what to do next but he knew he'd have to keep an eye on the girl which was going to be a big pain.

Regina was about to say something when her father came in. "Dinner you two."

At the table, Regina happily answered any questions that her new step-mother had, usually concerning her friends. Still, every now and then she'd flash a smile at Alex. "So how's school, Alex?"

Alex heard his step-dad call them down for dinner. He stood up and saw that the table was set and he realized that the parents wanted them to all sit together. It's been a long time since he's done that. He chuckled and sat down and started to eat. He looked over and he shrugged "school is school." He said. He wasn't a stupid kid and usually got high marks, the only reason he isn't top of his class is because he keeps getting suspended.

Regina stated at Alex for a second. Tonight was steak and she was currently cutting her piece of meat as she smiled at him.

“Anyway Alex, do you have any friends?”

“Honey that’s a bit of a loaded question.”

“Sorry.” But she still looked at him, waiting for an answer.

“Oh by the way, your mother sent this.” He slid a note to Regina and her eyes suddenly went blank once more.

“Thanks.” She murmured

Alex chuckled "sure you could say I have friends." By friends he more had people who wanted to hang out with him but he always turned down. He didn't want to attached, they would become a weakness.

An eyebrow raised as he saw the note but he was more interested in the reaction the girl made. "Something fun?" The brother asked with sickingly sweet smile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back