• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Generic Fantasy RP (CLOSED)

Callum laughed lightly, smiling up at her. "He was probably scared to death. You should've given him to the guards for that."

"What, for being cranky and homeless? No, no need for that," Em said as she continued to brush Callum's hair. She smiled slightly and quietly murmured, "Cal, I love you."

Callum wasn't expecting Em to say thay, but replied, "I love you too, Emmalia. Is there a reason you bring up your feelings?"

Em kissed him softly in return, and soon moved to lay next to him with her hand on his side, just gently kissing him and enjoying being with him.

"Silly, I know because I love you at least that much," Em giggled. She relaxed agaisnt his chest and closed her eyes.

"And you to me," Em said quietly. She kissed his forehead, then said, "This was a good way to help you relax," with a chuckle.

A week and a few days later, and Em and Cal were back in the West. They were still a bit weak, but Em looked normal again. They were brought into the castle, and before her parents. Except it was only her mother, who wore a black veil. She said, "So, you finally arrived? You waited until over a month after the funeral? Why? Could you not bear to see him one last time? Your own father?"

Emmalia was immediately confused, then shocked. "Father is... Dead?" She suddenly remembered all those letters she had never read.

Callum had given a formal bow when they arrived, but when he heard news of the funeral, he decided not to speak yet, since he didn't want to puss off Emmalia's mother.

Lady LaFaren said, "Yes! We sent you message after message about his untimely passing. You didn't come, and we had to get on with the funeral."

Emmalia was quiet, then asked, "How did he die?"

Lady LaFaren said, "A heart attack. I told him to call on the healer when he felt ill the day before. Oh, but it was too late. His heart was weak from age and the arteries were blocked beyond repair. He died in under a half an hour."

Em frowned and nodded slowly. "I'm sorry I missed the funeral. We haven't been home almost at all, so I didn't read the letters."

Callum gave Emmalia's hand a squeeze. He knew she didn't care much for her parents, but wanted her to know he was there for her. "My condolences for his passing."

"Thank you, Lord Cross," Lady LaFaren said. "But if you didn't know of his passing, why did you return?"

Emmalia braced herself, and said, "We need a safe haven. And perhaps it is time I refamiliarize myself with my duty in the West."

Lady LaFaren frowned. "What could you need a safe haven from?"

Callum decided to speak for himself in case her mother would get mad, so he took the aggro off of Emmalia. "There was a coup at my castle. A bunch of guards turned on me, and now we are without a castle."

For a moment, there was silence, then Lady LaFaren scoffed, "You lost your castle to mere guards?! Fantastic, Emmalia Lilith LaFaren married an ex-WarLord, who wasn't even from the West. This is a disaster to the family name."

Emmalia suddenly remembered why she hated her parents so much. "Family name? I married a noble man who treats me wonderfully, what more could you want?!"

"A noble who actually has land, or is at least from the West! How he treats you is irrelevant if he's not of the right blood! You should have just married Ander."

Emmalia gritted her teeth and hissed, "Shut up."

"Excuse me?" Lady LaFaren said in shock.

"You cannot disrespect myself or my husband in this way. So I ask you to shut up."

Lady LaFaren frowned, then said, "Well. At least you know to defend your husband, I will give you that much."

"Maybe guards aren't very numerous for you, but I commanded an armor of them. The only reason Gallium was able to stay a warlord for so long was because he was feared. I did not wish for that to be the case with me." Callum explained, on edge after what she said to Emmalia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back