• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Generic, Casual Dragon Age RP

Jaye

ミㅇㅅㅇ彡
Heya. So I find myself a little short on RPs and figured... well why not use this lull to do a thing I always wanted to?

Basically, I have limited experience in running a game/being a GM/DM. I've been part of staff for a RP site before and I've... unwittingly GMed a series of free-form one-on-one RPs before. But that's the extent, for the most part. So excuse me if I wing this somewhat.

Now onto the fun parts:

Setting:

I picked something I'm familiar with and I enjoy. I'll be setting this in Thedas (the Dragon Age setting). You can find out anything you need to know here. You need to be somewhat familiar with this setting as I don't really want to teach people about it. As long as you've played at least one of the games, you know enough about the setting. Specifically - this will take place a little before the Fifth Blight. King Maric is alive, King Endrin is alive, the Wardens are few in Fereldan, etc. I will take suggestions for where it should be set, but so far I'm thinking Fereldan.

Plot:

This will be only semi-constructed. I'll have some idea of where I expect things to head, but feel free to push the story in a different direction. I'm generally pretty good at adapting.

As for specifics - I'm going to brainstorm around what characters are suggested/applied for. Somewhat tailored, if you will. Off the top of my head, some ideas I'm considering are - searching for an apostate, prison break, mysterious happenings in the Deep Roads, Fade-touched ruins in a forest.

Detail/RP Level/Activity & Dice Rules:

I'll be expecting a reply at least once every day. Detail will depend on what's required - if we're in the middle of a battle & just rolling dice, then one-liners are gonna be fine. If we're negotiating with an NPC, you're gonna need more than that. I'll be using a very (very) basic dice system I yoinked from an old RP site. DM rolls a d6 - each number is a different degree of success or failure. (1 = totally fail, 6 = totally win, 3 = just barely win, etc).

I'll make everything more detailed in the actual thread, I just wanna see if anyone's actually interested in this. If you're interested, just post a reply with what kind of character/s you think you'd like to play. And feel free to ask questions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back