• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Generation 8

Brax paced around the kitchen, not watching his breathing as he huffed and puffed...wrong animal, same mood. He rubbed his face in stress and sighed multiple times to express himself, angered, stressed, upset, and a combination of a lot of bad mojo.

It took a little while, however, Harley managed to coax Ian into resting up, seeing as when he got back he was complaining on being sore and how his head was still pounding. Now she sat across the room with Jack watching Ian's chest rise and fall intently, not wanting another scare like before. She sighed leaning into Jack's side not needing to say words for him to know that she was sorry that's he had to drag him into this life.

Brax proceeded to clean himself up, rinsing off his dad's blood from his face, arms and chest. She calmed down after a half hour, and the frenzy died down. He walked out of the kitchen, cold and soak, chills all along his bare skin. He ignored eye contact with the others, lightly kicked his dad's severed head out of the way and walked up the stairs.

The night went on quietly. There were never any visits from trackers, and everything wa quiet for once. Though the whole demeanour of the house was unsettling. Harley and Jack found their spot, intertwined with one another in the corner of the living room. Ian ended up waking up in the middle of the night due to being so sore and he was hot, more so than normal. Normally being this far north he would have to bundle on layers upon layers, intake ad everything seemed to be too hot to wear, even his own skin. He stripped himself of his shirt and quietly left the house to sit out on the cold grass on the back lawn letting the coldness attempt to take away any of the heat he felt.

Morning soon came. Well...more like 2:30 in the afternoon. Everyone deserved a chance to sleep in, it seemed. Brax was awake before anyone else and walked down the stairs. It felt weird passing his dad's head at the bottom of the stairs...but it wasn't a big deal. Though the smell could be...better. he noticed Ian gone, and glanced at the window to see him outside, sleeping. Brax sighed as he went out to pick him, he started to carry Ian in.

Ian could easily feel the change in his surroundings, from cold to warm, and that's what made him slowly open his eyes. There was a lot of pain in the left side of his chest, though he chose to ignore it, and settled into Braxton's arms, looking up at the shark with dopey eyes.

Brax didn't notice Ian's gaze. He kept his eyes straight ahead and kicked the front door open gently and set Ian on the couch. He then went upstairs and dragged his dad's headless body--as creepy as it felt and gave him chills--down the stairs and into the back yard, picking his severed head up by the hair on his way. He tossed the body and head in the back yard and grabbed a shovel from the shed. He let out a few tears of stress, minor grief, and total...chaotic feelings. He starting digging a hole to bury his dad in, tossing the dirt aside to refill it in a few minutes.

As he was sat back onto the sofa, Ian watched with half open eyes as Brax left the room. He laid there for a while, long enough for Brax to go upstairs, grab the decaying body and head and go outside to start shovelling a grave. Then, he finally mustered up the strength in his weak arms to push himself off the couch. A small cough came from his lips, followed by another and another until he lost his balance and fell to the floor hacking and coughing, his throat dry making it all the worse the more he coughed. He brought his hand up to cover his mouth and quickly pulled it back once a warm substance was on the palm of his hand. He didn't have time to look at what was on his hand before he started to hack even more, making it hard for him to breathe. And if he could see clearly, he would be able to see the red substance being coughed onto the ground.

Brax had finally finished burying his father. He made sure the dirt was all in place before smoothing it out. He sniffled slightly. "Goodbye, Dad...you were a sonofabitch...but my dad. I love you..." He said to the grave, falling to his knees in front of it and letting out a few small tears, holding back every sob. He hated his parents for abusing him...and for joining NG...but they were his parents. His dad had just been buried by him, and his mom still out there somewhere...working to create more mutants. He covered his mouth, a small sob escaping his lips as it finally sunk it...My da...my da....my daddy's dead. He thought, his inside voice that of a child's. He cried...cried like nobody had ever seen.

The coughing soon woke up Jack, however by the time it did, Ian wasn't even crouching anymore. His throat felt completely closed off from any air and he attempted to bring something up, even air, but that wasn't happening. Jack had pulled Ian up from the ground to look at him, seeing the blood dripping down his chin and the scared look in his eyes to the fact that he couldn't get himself to breathe. Jack wasn't sure what to do, though he had to do something in order to help the boy. "Harley," he called bringing Ian up off the ground once more,rubbing his back hoping it would soothe him in some way. Harley took a moment before she actually got up and looked at the events happening around her; where was Brax? Was one thought then her eyes landed to Ian and she rushed over. "Ian, look at me," she said holding his face in her delicate hands, "I need you to relax, okay? Don't think about it, listen to my voice, you're alright, just relax. We're going to get through this. It's okay, you're okay. Just keep yourself calm," Harley went on lie this for about five minutes tryin not to let the worry break through. Eventually he did relax and kept gasping in large breaths trying, curling in on himself once he was moved back to the sofa, tears in his eyes an blood covering his chin and neck. Jack stayed with him, slowly brushing a hand through his hair, while Harley left the room looking for Braxton and soon finding the boy in a puddle of his own tears. She walked out to him and didn't question why he was crying, only knelt down next to him and wrapped her arms around him for some kind of comfort.

After Harley came to him, he just let her hug him...and without her asking, he told her what he did. "It finally sunk it...I killed my dad...and I...just buried him...and his severed head." He said, tears making his cheeks glisten. He sniffled slightly. Brax wasn't known to cry...unless it was back in New Genesis during the experimentation...but John (@wonderboy1234 if he's still in on this lol) was there for him...John...

He shook off the thought. He began to collect himself.

Harley sighed knowing that it must be bad for him, he did just kill his father after all. That kind of grief couldn't be dealt with easily. "We're all going to get through this," she said though the way she said it made it sound like a lie; and it was. She wasn't sure Ian would make it at his rage or not, unable to understand what was happening to him and waking up to him not breathing from freaking out so badly and havin him fall asleep and not breathe in general. It'd be a miracle to find out what's wrong with him, and even bigger one if he lived. For right now though, she just had to hope that they would all make it.

Brax sniffled slightly. "I know we will...we've gone through Hell and back...this is nothing." He said bravely. He stood slowly, regaining his calm. He took a deep breath and turned away, glancing back over his shoulder. "Goodbye dad...and good riddance, ya bastard." He said, spitting on the ground. He walked inside.

"I wouldn't be so sure..." Harley mumbled as Brax walked away. She sighed getting to her feet and following him back inside, she went straight to the living room to check on Ian again, seeing his pale skin and sighed seeing the blood had not been wiped off his chin yet. She went and quickly grabbed a cool cloth and came back to the living room, crouching next to Jack who was still trying to soothe a shaking Ian. She smiled at the green-eyed boy and gently wiped the sweat off his face and went and wiped the blood off his chin.

Brax took a seat a few feet away from everybody else. Taking a moment before interacting with anyone, simply watching as Harley tended to Ian on the couch, Jack beside her. He sighed softly. (Sorry it's so short.)

Ten long minutes had passed and Harley was slowly going insane from the silence; this was never how it was when they first left. Yes they lost one, but they were still here and though broken, dying and miles apart from one another (both physically and mentally) they should not be like this. They needed to work on helping Ian get better, and everyone sane again - well, semi sane. Harley stood up and looked around the room, "we need to move," she said. No one else was taking up the leadership role; so she would.

"About damn time someone said something..." Brax muttered. He stood. "When and where?"

(OMFG sorry it's a damn one-liner...RL got me fucked up)

(It's alright, I've been busy myself so it's okay)

Harley shrugged, "New Gen and now," she sad taking immediate action. "You're being anti social and we have no leader. So it's time that I step up. Ian is hurt some how, we don't know why or how but Dr Peter does. We are hauling his ass back there even if it means dying in the process. Because around here we don't give up on soldiers, we help them. So let's get moving soldier," Harley said all her words directed at Brax. She turned around so she could start to help Ian up onto his feet.

Brax was a soldier to the core...Harley recognized that. "Well forgive me for being anti-social...consider what happened just recently." He said coldly. Sure, he wasn't really mourning his dad completely...but it still hurt. He stood up and swooped around Harley, helping Ian to his feet. "If we're going to New Gen, we need weapons and supplies." He said, knowing they were pretty much weaponless and relied on them in combat 70 percent of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back