Gender bending in RP's.

Well as an ST I've of course "played" as female NPCs for a variety of purposes...and unfortunately I tend to play them just like I'd play a male NPC.  Is that wrong?

Not os much wrong as perhaps just a forgetful bent? I know one guy did that, had a bad habit of it. So we always made fun of his female characters for it.

Solfi said:
... *or* that's just creepy. Starin' at toon ass I mean... then again it's not like you're a *furry* or anything :) .
And it's not like you're like that guy who was caught jacking off to his WoW elf... are you?  :?
I am more the casual game kind with a girlfriend and all... you know, for me the sun is not just a legend and stuff :P

Most certainly, I think most of us on here are of the 'sun is still an option' persuasion. No super nerds me thinks.

The sun isn't really an option; he's too busy playing the Games of Divinity.

*whistles*

Since about 1990, I just flip a coin to determine the gender of any character I create, after creating a basic concept, but before figuring out thier history.

Most certainly' date=' I think most of us on here are of the 'sun is still an option' persuasion. No super nerds me thinks.[/quote']
That's only because EM isn't currently on the board. :?

Most certainly' date=' I think most of us on here are of the 'sun is still an option' persuasion. No super nerds me thinks.[/quote']
That's only because EM isn't currently on the board. :?
 Oh no, you've just set off 'Accidental Super-Nerd Summoning Prana!' Run for your lives!

Last I checked, the little wanna-be bastich had no internet access, so, he can only get to the net at my house...

And, even though I see him every weekend for game, he hasn't accessed the ECR lately.

No clue why.

I play female characters often... both as ST and as a player.

In fact, when I played DnD I think I had more female characters than male.  Although I occasionally had multiple characters (three in one campaign: 1 male 2 females).  Only 2 or 3 times did I end up playing a single character... 2 times was a male and once a female, that I remember.

Exalted's a bit different... as I've only actually been a player for one game, or perhaps one and a third game, as the 1/3 game only lasted for two sessions.  Every time I've been just a player in Exalted I've had a male character.  As an ST I've tried not to run anything but NPCs, but have been forced to when I wanted to round out the circle, as is the case right now.

Right now I'm STing and "playing" two characters... an eclipse archer (his past a mystery) and a twilight sorceress (although mostly she's a simple book worm with lots and lots of lore and such)  who's his "traveling companion"  The downside to playing her is that she's the only one with much lore so if anything magical or essence-related comes up, the circle tends to turn to her.  It doesn't help that she basically has all-encompassing sorceror's sense (or is it sight?) on 24/7.  (Incidentally the sketch I have up named Jaenja is of this very character)

I try to play my female characters as well as I can, I'm not exatcly privy to the inner workings of the female mind, but I do my best.  Generally my female characters tend to be rather compassionate or completely cold-hearted.  From what I remember they've all been fairly prudish as well, and all have been well-mannered.  (Except the thief from DnD who rolled horribly on an attempt to steal from my main character and wound up grabbing his nuts instead... and a cleric who apparently had a knack for eating like a rabid hobo and had one hell of a slap/backhand for any man who remotely hit on her)

Really it's not that difficult... there's not really any difference between playing a male or a female character.  You're the one who created the character, you know how they'd behave, their personality... so there really shouldn't be any problem.  

Even all of my Guild Wars characters are female.

DarkProphet said:
As an ST I've tried not to run anything but NPCs, but have been forced to when I wanted to round out the circle, as is the case right now.
Right now I'm STing and "playing" two characters... an eclipse archer (his past a mystery) and a twilight sorceress (although mostly she's a simple book worm with lots and lots of lore and such)  who's his "traveling companion"  The downside to playing her is that she's the only one with much lore so if anything magical or essence-related comes up, the circle tends to turn to her.  It doesn't help that she basically has all-encompassing sorceror's sense (or is it sight?) on 24/7.
Why would you want to round out you circle? Either you're players should do it themselves, or if they aren't interested in the circles forte', skip it all together. Perfect circles don't just naturally happen, you're players should learn how to deal with out their walking talking book o' knowledge.

No problem playing multiple genders when I ST my games...tried it once as a player, but that was long ago when I was not in my gaming prime...it ended up crashing and burning as a horrible stereotype. Honestly, I have more of a problem playing the male love interests of the girls in my game, especially as my girlfriend games with me, and I don't want to get hit for taking it too far.

As for the gaming with family bit, my dad games alot...he mainly did tabletop war games, but he plays a bit of World of Darkness and Exalted...only problem is his eyesight's going and I have to practically read every rule for him...

Just imagine when he's old and grey and rolling dice to slay the horde of thrid circle demons I shall unleash upon him....mwahahaha...

Exalted Midget.  A super nerd on d10 gaming, obsessed with anything that can keep him from noticing how much he detests the morons who control his life.  He's an orthodox Zoroastrianist (claimed anyway) zealot who will argue with anyone who doesn't seem to agree with his religious thought process and usues religion to ratify any moral decision he makes.

Yes, in other words, from what I've seen, one of the more...abrasive personalities on here, to put it nicely.

...Little shithead he was...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back