Gender bending in RP's.

Persell

Ten Thousand Club
just thought I'd ask curiously.

what do you think on the topic of Genderbending in Roleplaying Games.

Do you engage in it yourself or not, if so to what extent.

do you think that people who do are sick, gay, transgendered curious about the other gender, or just trying to have fun?

Once in a D&D game I introduced a magical gem that switched the sex of anyone who touched it.

That was more Ranma-esque silliness, though.

I've played female characters before. I think the problem with such things is that people often tend to slip into a stereotype, which then detracts from the experience.

I also had a Twilight whose manse gave him the hearthstone that lets you switch genders, he used it to hide from the Wyld Hunt.

Oh, you're talking about playing a character of the opposite sex to yourself! I thought you meant a switch happening in-game. Well, I actuallyp refer to play female characters myself. I just get bored with them less quickly, 's all.

I think anyone who plays anything other than a heterosexual character of their own gender is a I'm uncultured.

-S

I've played a female in Exalted as well as a few in WoD, D&D, etc..

I've also RP'd quite a few women as NPCs, but that doeasen't count, since the ST can't have everyone the players encounter be of the same gender.

Though, to Still's favor, I'm not totally straight.

Hell, by EM's reasoning, I'm just an uninhibited person.

He believes that in most cases homosexuality is a choice, therefore heterosexuality is a choice, and the entire race is supposed to be bisexual (let the arguing ensue).

8)  

But, what is life without pleasure?

:wink:

Hell, my current female PC is a Gold Faction Maiden of Serenity Hedonist who has Performance 4 (Specialty Seduction 2); is omnidexterous, triple jointed, has selective conception, and the flaw 'small'.

So, she's petite, perpetually horny, and can bend into a pretzel.

Oh, and she's a Cynis, so, she's kinky to boot. :shock:

Though, I guess that may be slipping into the stereotype of sleeping her way to the top (she didn't, by the way).

I ST a lot.  Which means, I play a lot of female characters as well as males.  That means that my fuzzy ass is playing all the female love interests of Our Heroes.  I, for one, welcome players who want to play their opposite gender.  And with Lunars, it's even easier than that--you can play BOTH and still have time to rip things to little shreds and pick the bones from your teeth...

Have any of you STed with a fellow family member?  Have you had to roleplay an NPC that was a love interest to your sister's PC?  I think that's much weirder than having a character from Legend of the Overfiend.

I am always the ST so I play a lot of female characters kinda. One of my female players once had a male characters and some of the males tried female characters at one point or another. In my experience the characters which are of the same sex as the players house the best longtime motivation and identification for the players.

I had trouble gaming with my family too... also because they were fundamentalist.

Also...

I play female charachters predominantly... Im not gay.

One thing I'll note is that theirs different reasons.

Some may just want membership in a IC Organization that only allowed charachters of a particular gender.

e.g. In Werwolf the apocylpse the black furies, in exalted the brides of Ahlat.

In a game of pendragon that doesnt take too many liberties with gender roles, a Knight... your getting the idea.

some of them I think ARE homosexual.

others may just be experimenting a little.

a lot of times they are, at least at first extremely, sexist in the way the portray their charachters.

I've gotten better and better about it... then again I've been doing so for nearly a decade at this point.

or anything in between.

some of them I think ARE homosexual.
Yes, some people who [insert activity here] are gay. Is that a surprise?

I don't see how their gayness has anything to do with their characters' gender. It seems to me to be a non-factor.

-S

female character means gay? I think the opposite is true. in world of warcraft my toon is female cause I don't want to stare on a male ass for hours :P

... *or* that's just creepy. Starin' at toon ass I mean... then again it's not like you're a *furry* or anything :) .

And it's not like you're like that guy who was caught jacking off to his WoW elf... are you?  :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back