• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Gang Roleplay

Thanatos

In every big town, there are undercover forces, people who take advantage of the cops who'll ignore certain crimes if their pockets are lined.

Two gangs live in this city, dominating all other smaller gangs in the area and owning just about everyone. Politicians, cops, first respondents, everyone. The only problem? These two gangs hate each other, have for generations. The city has been divided into two halves, and any time they clash, it tends to end in bloodshed.

There is one bar, Sanguine, that is on neutral grounds, where most meetings are held.

The gangs -

Gray Wolves are considered to be the stronger of the two gangs, if barely. Their methods tend to be ruthless, cruel to any who get in their way, but that means people don't get in their way very often. They don't seek out fights or trouble, but they don't shy away when it comes.

The Ravens are the other gang. While they aren't quite as powerful, and have slightly less territory, they're known for their strategics. They don't do many heists, particularly violent ones, but the ones they do pull rarely go astray. The only time they really ever seek out trouble is when it comes to the Wolves.

I'm hoping for a decent amount of people for this, and doubling on characters is more than welcome. Plot twists are fine, as long as anything major is run by me first, romance in the gangs is fine, between gangs would have to be much more sparse, and much more hidden.

Character thread:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/gang-characters.336863/

Last edited:
Man, I've never seen an interest check for a gang RP, much less played in one. I'd be down to give it a shot.

Hmm, this sounds interesting. I would love a slot in the Gray Wolves.

What would you think of an undercover cop character?

The Gray Wolves have got their assassin onboard. I'm very interested in this. : )

Sounds good, any chance of an outside gang/crime organization shipping in weapons and other things (I kind of want to play the role of a smuggler)

Sounds good, any chance of an outside gang/crime organization shipping in weapons and other things (I kind of want to play the role of a smuggler)
Afraid not, only the two gangs. A smuggler wouldn't have much of a part in the roleplay.

Afraid not, only the two gangs. A smuggler wouldn't have much of a part in the roleplay.
Not to disagree or rudely interrupt but like... If there was a supplier for each gang, it actually could make really good development, from one gang to attack another's supplier. Eh, I'm called a lot the Devil's Advocate so don't blame me. Actually, do.

Not to disagree or rudely interrupt but like... If there was a supplier for each gang, it actually could make really good development, from one gang to attack another's supplier. Eh, I'm called a lot the Devil's Advocate so don't blame me. Actually, do.
My only issue with it is that any character who isn't part of the gangs would likely not have much to do in the roleplay. The only purpose they'd have is to be attacked. They'll have suppliers, but they'll be controlled by NPC's. This roleplay is solely focused on the two gangs.

My only issue with it is that any character who isn't part of the gangs would likely not have much to do in the roleplay. The only purpose they'd have is to be attacked. They'll have suppliers, but they'll be controlled by NPC's. This roleplay is solely focused on the two gangs.
Okay dad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back