• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Gang-Related RP with a semi-GM and Posting Order?

Though I'm pretty sure that the baseball player will be using a baseball bat... Hehehe.

It's pretty obvious, cause why not?

Last edited by a moderator:
@mayhem TR4NQU1L17Y;

ho ho ho but the booty shall never stop

@Elephantom;

I also like the bodyguard and baseball player. o:

I'm currently tossing around an idea for a fellow whom was formerly a spy of some kind... but then he was betrayed and "taken out." But he survived and now he's laying low. Using his old skills (and some new) to get by, survive, and not draw attention to himself...

I was thinking about joining this RP, would we have to be apart of this crime syndicate, the MBs? I was wondering if I could play a role as a police officer, I always go for a good guy archetype for some reason in these kind of rps.

The spy sounds mostly a bit unrealistic. Spies usually don't get kicked out and they most definitely don't work with criminals. And spy skills? That's pretty dangerous, especially when one uses some pretty dangerous CQC moves, the ones they teach at CIA and other militaristic organizations. I think it was krav maga, or something.

But I say that we should stay down-to-earth with this rp.

Was thinking my character would be the groups intel. An information broker with a genius level intellect, he knows everything about his targets and loves to use that to mess around, and he's kind of in the moral gray area.

-shrugs- I mean, this is a work of fiction. There's shows about "spies getting kicked out" and what not. -points to Burn Notice- It's up to the owner on what they want ultimately.

Just saying that a more realistic down-to-earth rp would be great.

Like we're all inexperienced people who are slowly learning the ropes and learning the rules, and of course, gaining street smarts.

It would be cool to do that, slowly progressing from amateurs to professionals.

It would be too cliche or Mary stu-ish to start as experienced people who were betrayed or something like that, or who's a veteran. Ya know what I mean.

But... I'm making a professional at this point in time. o x o;;; There's nothing saying about amateur hour. On top of that, if you want to think realistically, why would an organization recruit the inexperienced without the whole "disposal" system AKA once they're done, they get tossed away?

AdmiralKerkov said:
I was thinking about joining this RP, would we have to be apart of this crime syndicate, the MBs? I was wondering if I could play a role as a police officer, I always go for a good guy archetype for some reason in these kind of rps.
Um, can I be a cop?

Considering I've only just begun formulating an idea for this character, my previous statement was a quick summary of thoughts rolling through my head. Broad thoughts, nothing concrete. :) With this kind of role-play and plot line, putting an actual government spy of any kind onto the roster would certainly be unrealistic. And that's not my intention.

As for cliches and Mary-sues, that's up to the owner. Part of the plot line, btw: "some used to be honest soldiers, but their own country flipped them off..." So I'm guessing older/experienced characters would be welcomed?

In any case, I'll return later, once I'm not so tired from working all day.
xD

But think again, Matt black is slowly rising, so professionals need better paychecks like big heists, not home invasions or mugging or pawn shop robberies. The professionals have better contacts and jobs to do.

Only the amateurs need some quick cash.

Like my baseball character, he's simply a struggling indebted average former drug-user who simply uses his wits and his average swinging skills to scrape by. but slowly and surely, he learns how to use guns, how to plan and most importantly, how to he a full-fledged professional.

Like many of my characters are underdogs and underpowered characters who simply uses their wits and their respective skills to survive which slowly gets more and more better, with a hint of subtle luck, of course.

But a professional would simply ruin the story, the flow of the story. We start as underdogs, not a big criminal organization.

Like, how professionals only work for big cheques. They always get paid and always have lists of jobs at their disposal, even if they get betrayed, they quickly rise up, because they're renowned professionals.

Man... xD Someone hasn't watched The Professional. For now, I'll just let the owner be the judge of what they want in this thread. If I don't get accepted, I don't get accepted. =w= / No skin off my bones.

I did watch Leon the Professional, but that was wholly different.

I mean, what I'm trying to express is that professionals have better jobs. Ex-military and veterans work as mercs, hitmans etc etc.

Like the pusher series, which realistically portrayed the life of a gangster.

But I'm not going to argue with boss-man, he does have the final say.

I don't think that'll happen. We all stay in different time zones, and I'm sure a compromise will work out between us.

Poofs into the thread - By all that is holy what happened in the past few hours?!

Anyway - from what I've gathered so far;

@Elephantom -> The 'missions' followed by 'down time' and 'events' will be the main focus of it all, yes. Mainly, we will be wanting to have the group in the same place at the same time as often as possible. By all means, this doesn't mean that personal lives won't be affected either - if anything I am going to attempt to integrate that into these 'events'. E.g Mr. Defector of the mobsters (@Funkybub) will definitely rise into some issues. You in debt? Oh you bet your ass that someone's going to be heading your way.

@AdmiralKerkov -> You may be - however, as the focus is on the gang itself, it would have to be maybe ... some sort of undercover cop? That'd be more than accepted.

Also, it is as @Elephantom said. This is mainly going to be a rise from amateur-> professionalism as the gang grows. However, this doesn't mean that you can't have previous experience. Just no backflips out of second story buildings with dual-uzis -... you know, without ... dying. Probably. Also, odds are your starting gear is going to be pretty basic. You'll be able to gather up gear or be granted it for specific issues by the MBs.

Finally - the thread will be up and running I estimate by around 5-6 a clock British People time (idk what else to pick). Translation -> about 5-6 hours as of this post. Was going to try to have it up by now, but I've got to do science stuff for a while.

Hear ya' in a bit - and I am really looking forward to these characters that I've read about so far ;]

As the introduction said, things will escalate from smash and grabs to -... if y'all make the right choices and MB rises to the top ... political assassinations.

The British people one at the moment. But it will vary in the upcoming three weeks between Norwegian and Spanish.

But since we all should have a day or two to put in a post, I doubt that anyone will get left behind ;] So don't worry about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back