• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Game Over (Closed)

Oh yeah…What’s so recognizable about them?

Hearing Rusine speak, Alfred perked up a bit. "The redhead near the counter is Austin, he's a tournament player with a good amount of v-victories under his belt. He's been a guest on Let's Plays and even has a few articles in gaming magazines. I heard he's played MMO's but his character information is on the down low. Though I have a few ideas."

Alfred looked over to the silvered haired guy talking to the older woman. "The lady over there has a lot of gaming videos. Vale, I think, she's smaller in person. I think the guy's name is Gabe-something. He's probably a few years older than you."

The last group, he reluctantly looked at. "Both guys over there are named Jason, one is a gamer that gets too much hype. The other isn't someone I recognize, sounds like he's a stand in for whoever was invited. And the girl is Jay, I'm not sure who she is, seems to be the one invited but..." He trailed off.

Alfred's hearing was exceptional, he had a bad habit of listening in on others conversations. He kept quiet, but the more he talked the louder his voice became. Someone may have heard him. "Rusine, these will be your allies and rivals."

Kishune Kishune

Rusine
8b5427a5-b702-4af5-9eb0-96682585431d_zpsggdzttxy.jpg
Setting
Where:
Company building - Break room

With:
Alfred ( IdeaLover IdeaLover ),
Other testers

Thoughts:
Brain...fried...must reboot!
As Alfred talked, Rusine looked at those who he started talking about as he mentioned them. He started out with red head at the counter going on about how he was a tournament player, Let’s Play guests, and an MMO player. All this just seemed to confuse the hell out of this sickly shut in as he tried to think of what all those were, but with as little to no knowledge of video games at all he just stared to mutter in confusion “M…M…O…?” Signaling that he had no clue what he was talking about, and that he was having a bit of a brain melt down trying to process everything else if he was read properly as his head swayed a bit. Hearing about the lady and the guy with too much hype didn’t help either.

Before his brain over loaded on thinking about it too much he tried to focus on those that were mentioned and not related to video games apparently. This Gabe guy with an eye patch, the Jasons that was a stand in, and the girl Jay that the two Jasons seemed to have been fighting each other over and are now being toyed with by her it seemed. Rusine wondered what brought them in to test the system without being a part of the gaming world, or rather seemingly. With that thought, Rusine looked at Alfred and wondered the same thing, if he was a part of that world or not. Before Rusine had a chance to ask, he was caught off guard by Alfred’s last remark. “Allies and Rivals…? What do you mean by that?” He asked as he looked at Alfred with a raised eyebrow though it couldn’t be seen behind the glasses.

"I suppose you have a point... it might be possible that the technology was just discovered and capitalized on by this company..."

Gabriel shook his head slightly. "I'm not sure. That could be the case, but..."

Before he could continue, he heard a familiar voice which nearly made him jump because he hadn't realized the red head had moved from his seat. As Gabriel listened to Austin's words, he felt a slight bit of irritation, not expecting another person to join in the conversation, but quickly pushed that emotion aside, realizing he was being unreasonable and rather silly. Perhaps it was the fact he was slowly just beginning to get back into the routine of talking to people again, so another person joining required more effort. Joy. He inwardly sighed. Long fingers tapping his elbows, Gabriel considered what the red head had said. His eye narrowed slightly as he remembered what had been present on the confidentiality documents. "That is true...It is a bit strange." He muttered slowly. "Sure, a few health questions I can understand, as some video games in the past reportedly caused seizures for some players and there was a warning that appeared on the screen, but some of the agreements in these papers were oddly very specific." He pursed his lips, drifting off in thought. Maybe I'm wrong and have read too many sci-fy novels, but it almost seems like we're lab rats moreso than just beta testers, like...we're expendable in a sense and the company doesn't want to take the fall in case something goes very wrong. But that was just crazy, right? "And then there's all this secrecy and the way they distributed these invitations..." He wondered if they truly believed they had achieved a virtual reality. Guess they would find out soon enough. He simply didn't know that much about video games to be certain. "But I may be mistaken in what you're saying." He told the red head.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Kishune Kishune

Jason shifted to look at Jay as she sat down and noticed her cup of coffee was empty. And yes he had noticed Jason B's hand signal. Well, not uncommon for some people not to like him. It was like that. He listened to her as she somewhat rambled on, a small grin on her face. It was kinda cute the way she rambled. "I'm pretty sure you can't break a virtual reality game thankfully. If not I would be running out right now." Jason winked slightly and noticed Jason B's distanced look. Uncomfortable maybe. "We could stick together. Party is always better than going solo. By the way, Jay would you like another cup of coffee?"
Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay
SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

As the redhead entered their conversation, she looked between them as they spoke, the other man making a sure point. Hoping might not be a bad idea... She thought before taking into consideration as well. "Well... say that they actually did find a way to make a more realistic version of a virtual reality... it would make sense that they would want to cover themselves... b-but I do agree that it is a bit excessive..." Val would then trail off, falling silent as she considered all of this, her thoughts doing wonders to snuff out a bit of her worries.

Valoire Moore
Race: REDACTED
Class: REDACTED
Element: REDACTED
REDACTED

REDACTED
Personal
Mood: Curious, somewhat nervous
Thoughts: 'Maybe there is something to this.. but...many there isn't...'
Position
Near: Closest to Austin ( Kishune Kishune ) and Gabriel ( Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight )
Interacting: Gabriel and Austin
Tags: Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Kishune Kishune
[/font]
Coded By || StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

"Nope." She says, conspicuously giving her take-out cup a swirl to the sound of liquid flowing within. Not much however. "I'm sure it'd be grand to have a uh. A 'party' or something." Jay says, feigning her confusion at the term. "I wonder where I'll find one of those." Jay says with a smile. She stands up, and without more to say, she leaves the company of the two Jasons. Wondering if they'll follow, like she thinks they will. The other edgy loners as she thought, seem to be more open to talking now. She walks to the party of the red-head, the girl-lets player and the young-looking boy with the eye-patch. "Hello-hello," Jay starts with a cheery greeting. "I'm Jay, uh. Nice to meet you."

For Valorie, it might be looking in some kind of age-defying mirror. Though Jay has a bit rounder cheeks and is a little shorter. "Ehe. Anyone else nervous for this?" She asks with a shy smile.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18
Kishune Kishune
Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight

Blitzer Blitzer
SentinelSevn SentinelSevn

Last edited:

NAME : JASON BAUTISTA

USERNAME: UNIDENTIFIED

UNIDENTIFIED: 100%

UNIDENTIFIED: 100%

TAGS:
Blitzer Blitzer
Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay

Jason's gaze towards the ceiling averted the moment Jay rose from her seat, his head tilting downward slightly to face her. Like his own, her interest seemed to shift elsewhere, which proved to be true when she made an advance towards a separate group of players. "Gathered her info and gone.." He began to think, rather impressed that she had no intention of being subtle with her actions. "Smart, or arrogant. One of the two, I suppose."

"Gonna follow her? Might as well, could grab her a cup of coffee while you're at it. You could be one of those 'no means yes' kinda guys, who knows..?" Jason made a subtle glance towards the other Jason a few seats away, giving him an examining look before shifting back into his former lackadaisical position. Arms crossed over his chest, legs stretched out in front of him, and his head tilted back towards the ceiling. Jason shut his eyes, thinking that if they were in fact going to be there for another hour or so that he could take a quick nap.

While his posture could be assumed as careless, Jason was silently judging the others in the room based on hearing alone. Of course, he wouldn't be able to nap with all their talking, but he would at least try to get the most out of what he could through eavesdropping.

Austin
c03fe2fc-7a7d-4326-858a-d140856dd742_zpsm0wehbvc.jpg
Setting
Where:
Company building - Break room

With:
Val ( StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 ),
Eye patch ( Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight ),
Jay ( Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay ),

and Other testers

Thoughts:
Got too excited there
As Austin sat at the counter, he looked over at the two he started to converse with. Reading the guy’s subtle body language, Austin could tell he was a bit irritated he joined in. He didn’t know why nor was he going to mention it as he could understand a bit of what he may be going through. Austin then listened to him as he responded to his last remark about the how weird the company was doing things. Though Austin mainly meant how they were publicizing their system. If the system was as big and real as they say it is, then they should be more open about how to get it known, like having it sponsored in some way; and other stuff relating to that as well to try and keep it success rate high. But Gabe here brought up another weird thing about how the system will affect the user. And thinking about it just brought his hopes up a bit more on thing being a real thing. “Actually you are right about them being very specific about the health questions.” He said as he had the look like he just realized something. “If you think about it, every new gimmick to try and make a game more interactive had some setbacks; such as causing headaches, possibly damaging eyes and other things. But what did the health papers mainly asked about besides basic questions?” He asked with a pause for dramatic effect. “Our mental state, past head injuries and possible disorders.” He said to them as if he came across something. “If you think about it there’s three types emergence into VR that come to people’s minds when you ask them about it. There’s the oculus which to me is just the allusion of VR, then there is where the room becomes the game which VR has barely stepped it’s foot into now, and then theirs complete emergence VR that you see in anime and such, where their brains connect to the game.” He said as he looked between the two. “Which of those require info of the condition of our brains?” He asked as he smirked now getting excited as he thinks it’s a possibility that the system could be this advanced. Though he wasn’t looking at the possible negatives of being a new found system…or rather he didn’t think of them.

Austin was brought down from his own hype when he heard Val talk about them covering themselves. “Y-Yeah you’re right.” He said as he rubbed the back of his head now thinking that his thought was somewhat childish and too much to grasp on for so little. “It does seem a bit excessive. I just shrugged it off as it was a smaller less known company and could lose everything if something happened to their guests, while bigger ones could either win easily or bribe their way out of it.” He said to Val’s response as he now sat up and cracked his neck to help him calm down. “Guess I was more anxious than I thought.” He said mainly to himself as he thought about how he was acting since he got here.

Austin then looked at the girl who was with the two guys come up and properly greet them rather than an outburst to the whole room. When she introduced herself Austin realized that he hadn’t done so either. “Oh I’m sorry about that I haven’t told you guys my name. The name’s Austin, I’m a professional gamer. Nice to meet you.” He said as he looked at them.

Alfred caught a hint of Rusine's confusion, but his mouth kept moving and words soon pushed the thought to the back of his mind. However, hearing Rusine questions his meaning about allies and rivals, Alfred paused for a moment. "What did I mean by that?" He kept thinking, his thoughts all over the place until he spoke, "They can work with you or against you, but they're not your friends or your enemies. So I thought that makes them allies or rivals. Unless this is a game with factions we should all be on the same side, just not friends like I said."

Pausing again he traced his thoughts and remembered Rusine mumble MMO. "Massively Multiplayer Online, a game that has many players in an online world..." He paused again thinking that Rusine might not be a gamer, in any sense of the word. "Factions are like different sides you can choose. Sorry, I'm not the best at explanations."

The conversation in the other group was taking an interesting turn. Alfred turned away from them letting an ear face them instead. "I didn't think about that...this might be more than a simple game test. I wonder if they've even tested the tech they're using, maybe we're the first to use it..."

Kishune Kishune

Last edited:
Explanation & Entering the game.
  • As the testers had continue to converse with each other three people, two males and a female in lab coats walked in wearing lab coats. One was an older man with a cigarette in his mouth, the other male was younger and had glasses, as the female was about the same age as the younger male but with a deadpan face and waist long hair. The older took a drag of his cig before he spoke. “Kumoi, is this all of them?” He asked and the younger guy pulled out a clipboard and looked through it. “Yes this is how many of them that showed up so far.” He said and the older guy sighed letting smoke out with it. “I was expecting more. Fine they’ll be missing out. Kuchiku, grabbed their electronic devices.” The old man ordered and the woman stepped up in front of him only to stop. Then without hesitation, she grabbed his cigarette from his lips and broke it. “Kuchiku…” The old man said in a low grumble but sighed in defeat. “Fine just go…” He said then looked back at the testers as Kumoi tried to hide a chuckle, and Kuchiku started to go to the testers now asking for their devices…more like demanded.

The old man then sighed again before speaking again. “Welcome, testers of my new system. I am Kyugo, the head scientist, developer, and creator of the system you will be testing out momentarily. This is Kumoi, my right hand man, and she is my daughter, Kuchiku.” He told them as she was gathering the tester’s devices. She just snatched them out of their hands as they were presented to her. “Sorry part of the agreement is that you aren’t allowed any recording device when the testing is about to take place.” Kyugo said to them as he looked them all over. He was hoping for a bit more diversity in the group, but he would take what they could get.

Before Kyugo was about to speak again, Kumoi whispered in his ear. He nodded and looked back at the group. “We are sorry for the delays but we are also in a hurry today as well. So We’ll explain things along the way to the test sight.” Kumoi said as Kyugo turned to the door to leave. “C’mon.” Kyugo said as he started to lead the group to their destination. Kumoi followed Kyugo as Kuchiku followed behind the whole group watching them to make sure they didn’t have any stragglers or wonderers. Those that looked at her would see no change in expression, but could probably sense a dangerous aura coming from her. “Hopefully by the time we get there you won’t have any questions for us…” Kyugo said mainly to himself as they walked down the halls. For a work place it was surprisingly empty.

Now I know some of you at least wondered what our system really is. Is it like those VR systems you seen on line, or just an add-on to that current system.” Kyugo told them as if he was quoting their thoughts. “But in reality, it’s neither. My system is nothing like those out dated concepts nor is it related to them in the slightest.” Kyugo confirmed. “The furthest current VR tech has come along is using motion controls with a head set to simulate freedom of movement in game, but in the end that is nowhere close to what we’re looking to active.” Kumoi continued explaining for Kyugo. “What our system will do is make that game as real as possible to the user, making it hard to tell what the true reality is.” Kyugo continued though he didn’t seem that pleased or rather impressed with it.

We achieve this using the brain itself of the user as a processor in the system to make it as real as possible.” Kumoi cut it. “You think that this has to connect to your brain directly, but you couldn’t be more wrong.” Kumoi said as he looked back at the group with a simple kind smile, but could be seen as creepy. “The human brain let’s out signals similar to that of a radio tower. Our system latches on to those signals or rather brainwaves to make the connection through our specially made gear. Like how Wifi works.” He explained. “With this you can experience things other than sight and sound. You can even experience things that you normally wouldn’t…maybe even something that you have't in a long time?” Kyugo mention directing that last comment towards Gabriel with his eye patch as he glanced over his shoulder at him. “Though this is only due to the user being in a subconscious state such as Sleep.” Kumoi cut in again. “The brainwaves emitted become a lot stronger when asleep than awake.” He continued. “Oh and for those that sleep walk among you, the head gear that connects your brainwave to the system, will halt your motor skills as you are under.” Kumoi said in a matter of fact way. “Yeah, but they’ll still be strapped down just in case…” Kyugo said under his breath making I seem like a cough, but Kumoi still shot him a look.

Kyugo then cleared his throat again. “There is still a lot about the system capabilities that are unknown to us however. Mostly due to lack of knowledge about the human brain itself…But that is why you are here. To help us discover this system’s potential as you play along with the game.” He said though said game in an unenthused manner. “Pretty much its limitations are up to you.” He told them as started to approach a large sealed mechanized door at the end of a hall. He pulled out a ID card from his lab coat. He swiped it and entered a code and the door started to open up on its own. Inside was rows of computers and people working at them leading up to a massive monitor in the back and a room connected to this one. With how things looked with the door and computer room, it looked like a down grade scene from a sci fi movie.

Kyugo lead the tester down the middle to the front of the room. As they passed people they didn’t pay the testers any mind and just continued to work on their computers like robots. Kyugo then held his hand up to gesture the testers to stop when they were in perfect view of the massive monitor as he and the two other walked up in front of it. “Ok now we’re going demonstrate how you’re going to be hooked up into the system.” He said as he turned to them then a woman in a nurse outfit came out with a hospital bed from the other room to in front of the three. “But we’ll need a volunteer first.” Kyugo said then looked among them. “You with the hood?” He called out, but Kumoi stopped him. “That’s Rusine sir…The terminally ill one from the family…” He reminded Kyugo. “Well then who should be the first?” He asked Kumoi in a whisper. “I say the red haired one. He’s a pro gamer and can go through the character creation without much hassle.” Kumoi told him. “What gaming’s a profession now? What is this world coming to…” Kyugo said in his normal voice. “Fine whatever. Ginger you’re our volunteer.” He said and gestured with his head to come up to the bed.

When Austin came up, he made a protest to Kyugo about his hair being red not orange but was ignored by Kyugo though. “I’ll be leaving this explanation in Kumoi’s hand.” Kyugo said as he stepped back and let Austin lay in the bed now. Austin then had some head gear placed on his head now. When Austin was under, the nurse started to strap him down with Kuchiku’s help. “Uh, don’t worry about that it’s just security precaution. As with different person, there are different results.” He explained a bit nervously hoping that eased their worries.

Kumoi then cleared his throat as he straitened himself out. Kyugo started to light another cigarette behind Kumoi. Kuchiku immediately tried to stop him but could only struggle as her face was being held back at arm's length by Kyugo effortlessly with one arm. It was like a scene from a skit behind Kumoi now. Kumoi sighed and decided to ignore them as he turned on the monitor. On it showed a third person view of Austin in an empty room. “Alright this is the first room you enter when you go through the system.” He told the group as he watched the monitor as well. “First thing you are able to do is create and customize your game character. You first choose a a name, then a race and then you can edit its features. Height, weight, muscle tone, facial features…all customizable. But if you don’t want to go through the time and edit that, you can always choose random for those features. Don’t worry, the features in the randomizer won’t turn out monstrous like how some like to do. And The choice of race is pretty expansive.” Kumoi explained. “Oh and another thing, Races have certain stat ranges. Like elves are more offensive than defensive, as Dwarfs are more physical than magical beings.” He said briefly as Austin was going through races. “As for Classes, you have a choice of four; Warrior, Archer, Mage, and Rogue. Each raise certain stats no matter the race. Example, Warrior raise attack and Defense, as Mage raise magical attack and defense. But each class can carry two useable weapons at one time and you get to select what you use at the start, though different classes can use certain weapons. You also start out with 10K in gold too.” He said. “Now about the outfits you have an expansive selection, but at the start are nothing more than a costume. You can get other armor, but will not change how you look. In game, just change your stats. This is because it’s a demo, not the whole game. We had to take some features out.” He said with a chuckle meaning they will be wearing the same armor through the whole time in game. As Austin went through the rest of the character creation, Kumoi briefly explained things in much detail as he thought was needed.

As Austin entered the game itself, Kumoi finished his explanation. “Alright, any questions? If not head over to the room over and prepare to enter the game. Anything about Game play, refer to the help guide in the start menu in game.” He told them as the nurse directed the tester to the next room. Inside was like a hospital room with rows of hospital bed and machines to watch their vitals as well as other nurses. Those who were ready were helped set up by the nurses.

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay IdeaLover IdeaLover SentinelSevn SentinelSevn Blitzer Blitzer

Last edited:

NAME: Jay

USERNAME: Sylena
kccSPLL.jpg

HEALTH: 100%

MANA: 100%

Base Stats

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Sylena's Armor
DEFENSE

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

Primary: Catalyst Dagger
ATTACK

DURABILITY

Secondary: None
ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
None
Magic:
Thunder. Air. Cura. Ensura
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
None

Blessing:

TAGS:
Jay listened on, largely ignorant of the just who the people were that were talking to her, but none the less paying attention to their words. She watched with intent as the character creation explanation or demo, was gone through, keen to at least not mess that up. It was rather important after all.

When she enters the 'game' world, after closing her eyes and opening them to find herself in a strange room, looking across from herself she feels like, it's a bit disorienting. She tries to look around, finding nothing of note, aside from the character creation. She thought she was ready to enter it, but even still it had left her feeling more than a little lost. "Right uhm. Time to get to it." She mumbles to herself. Creating her avatar in the game. A short black-haired foxgirl with white-tipped ears and a white-tipped tail. A cute face, an adorable smile and rather pleasant curves on her small and slender frame. Heterocromatic eyes, red and blue, an ornate looking coat with a skirt, short boots and thigh-high socks. And slightly curved dagger, the blade only a foot long. She selects her magical abilities.

When she's finishes, she feels another jarring transference, as the changes are applied on to herself, and the blank-slate room falls away. In to an idyllic, albeit exceptionally stereotypical fantasy village. Just the sort she absolutely adores.

Sylla goes wide-eyed, finding herself in the village, just across the street from the pub with the outdoor seating. "Oh, wow!" She exclaims, excitedly looking all around. She starts to touch things, testing out the systems limitations. Cloth, wood, her own body, it feels as thought it should if it were real. The foxgirl makes yet more exclamations of her amazement. The silken black tail behind her shows more of it, rather merrily swaying. She even notices the smaller things. She can smell faint scents carried upon a gentle breeze that strokes her skin. "It's amazing!" She exclaims once more, to the odd glances, confused expressions and shaking heads of the villagers. She spies what can only be another player-character in the world. An edgy looking... thing! She thinks, and hurries over. Believing that only another player could think up something to edgy. "Isn't this all so amazing?!" She cheers with a smile, speaking to Akumada.

Last edited:

Valoire listened to who she now knew as Austin (although he had looked familiar when she had first saw him) but didn’t have enough time to introduce herself as the three clad in lab coats entered the room, speaking partially as if they didn’t exist until they were formally addressed while the woman began to collect their phones. Val was quick to give her hers however it was more snatched from her hand rather than accepted in a manner she would’ve thought. That along with the strange names and what they were saying… it was all undoubtedly strange. Maybe… a foreign company created this…? She thought somewhat worriedly as she listened. It was wholly possible as the had a habit of finding newer technology faster, however something still felt… wrong. Pushing it off as her nerves getting to her, she still followed them nonetheless (seeing as there wasn’t much choice in the matter.)

Continuing to take in the words of the creator and his colleagues as they were herded down the oddly empty hall, a faint feeling of excitement began to flutter within her chest as she realised that this was most likely more than an oculus rift. It would have to be.. Even though their explanation sounds as if it belongs in a science fiction novel… She was still extremely conflicted on what to believe, but she didn’t rid herself of a brief bit of hope just in case.

As they entered the large room full of computers, monitors, and other scientists working akin to mindless drones (which only vaguely bothered her) Val still remained silent and watched as Austin was chosen to go first. And after he was strapped down and fell asleep… his image was on the screen. By this point, she was wholly convinced that this was something much greater than she had been anticipating although whether that was a good thing, she hadn’t decided yet.

Soon after they were herded over to their own hospital beds, the woman being strapped down by a nurse after she laid down who would then put the helmet-like device upon her. It didn’t take long for an overwhelming sense of fatigue to swamp her, her eyes quickly closing as she fell asleep.

Only to wake standing in a similar room that Austin had. Eyes wide, it took her a moment to collect herself in order to go through the character creation menu. Val didn’t make any body modifications and simply chose a mage and dark as her element and after minutes of scrolling down the almost endless list of races, settled her race as a werewolf. Choosing a set of robes that she was rather fond when the woman was finally content, she allowed herself to enter the game, the room disintegrating around her, revealing an all too life-like medieval town.

Vale, at first looked around wide-eyed at it all, the sun on her face, the breeze… but what began to detract from this was the looks she was getting from NPCs. One muttering something about another demi-human having shown up at a distance she wasn't sure she could’ve detected. Then it finally occurred to her to reach upwards, and sure enough, a pair of black, wolfish ears sat upon her head. She sighed, this most likely having been added after the creation menu for some reason but she could live with it. Along with that she was quick to notice a similar tail as well, although how to move it was beyond her, even if it were possible.

Then opening her menu (after a bit of figuring out how), she went through finding the gold promised and also what looked to be a book of some sort. Not sure if she should summon it or not, the woman glanced around the town-center and spotted a semi-familiar face sitting at an outdoor table reading the very book she was curious about. Seeing as she didn’t necessarily want to be alone, she made began to make her way towards him. Although as soon as she was within a reasonable distance and about to speak, someone stepped in her way, looking down at the smaller woman with a stern frown. “Aye, move along!” The taller and heavyset man cried. “I’ll be having none of your kind near my establishment, dirtyin’ up the place and scaring away customers!” Vale finally looked past him and saw that the table he sat at was connected to what looked to be a small corner shop of some sorts. But she was quick to refocus on the man, his response all too real and vivid… she was at a loss for words. This can’t be an NPC…unless its a scripted event?

Valoire Moore
Race: Werewolf
Class: Mage
Element: Dark
Health

Mana
Personal
Mood: Amazed, somewhat confused
Thoughts: 'How can this be real...?'
Position
Near: Closest to Austin ( Kishune Kishune )
Interacting: NPC Shopkeep
Tags: None
[/font]

Jason watched the scientists carefully observing them intently. They didn't seem too normal. More like abnormal. Well, he'd just have to work with them. . So the red head was an experience player. It range a bell in his head. Ah well, too bad , he'd have like the honor of going first. Always something good to tell your fans. As soon as possible, he got on the bed and sank into the virtual reality after being strapped in.

Character creation was simple over all. He chose to become a demon and an archer. Formatting his character after his own body mostly, he added a hood and face mask. His sheath was placed at his side and his bow slung over his back. Jason examined the face again and found it boring. He changed the eye color to burning black and red while making his face pale to contrast his eyes. Satified, he chose the name GladeWatcher for his character before finishing the creation. And then he went even deeper into the program.

Wow, he felt like he just transferred in the animus from the setting room. The world was so vibrant, maybe even more vibrant than real life. He rolled his shoulders back and stretched lightly. His agility seemed to be high. Impressive, although he felt a bit op for a new character. Jason slid onto a chair outside of the tavern and found the book in his inventory and opened it to read intensely. A head start was never to be wasted. As soon as he could get started and get going was better.

Last edited:

"No cellphones, eh..? Jason was quick to slip his out from his pocket, not being one to argue, despite how badly he was to handing them over. "For all I know, I won't see the sun ever again. But hey. Beta testing a game, right?" Even in his head, his sarcasm never seemed to run thin.

He was quick to follow them as they made their way into the hall, intent on hearing as much as he could from what they were explaining to the group. He had figured by then that they would be sworn to secrecy after they had signed the contract earlier, but he guessed it only to be an extra precaution they they take away anything that had a chance to reveal their methods. But of course, their words struck little interest to him, no matter how much he struggled to tried to force himself to soak it in.

There is still a lot about the system capabilities that are unknown to us however

"Ah, and there's the catch.. Jason thought to himself, the short few words piecing the entirety of the situation together. "New system, new glitches. But since the system relies on a connection to the brain, it could have weird real life consequences... like brain frying.." It didn't help Jason's imagination when a nurse with a hospital bed strolled into the room. He was surprised, to say the least. "At.. at least they came prepared..?"

Their explanation of the character creation, as expected, flew past Jason's head yet again. They spoke on and on about the different statistics, and how different races would have different perks that follow along with them. "Well that's a bit racist, don't you think? Categorizing all dwarves to stink at magic.." He had been lost in thought for the next few minutes, at least until he had heard that it was now their opportunity to create a character.

Walking over to the nearest hospital bed, he sat himself down and waited anxiously for the nurse to strap him down. "It's now or never.. The nurse strapped a helmet onto his head, and guided him until his head rested on the bed beneath him. She said nothing, no words of comfort or reassurance. Jason took a deep breath, shutting his eyes and waiting for whatever darkness to engulf him.

Jason awoke suddenly, the moment feeling much more like he had just blinked rather than forced his eyes shut for however long he did. The only thing much different from where he had been a moment before was that now the helmet was off of his face, and he was in an empty room. At least, it was empty before a full body mirror began to pixelize in front of him. Near his hand, a menu phased into view, with different settings littered across its contents.

He was quick to click the 'RANDOM' option, and the mirror in front of him quickly adopted its looks to shift into whatever details the menu was giving him. It amused Jason, and he unknowingly gave a smile when he caught the pointed ears that the mirror had given him. He kept his blonde hair and slight facial features, but that was just about it. Examining the menu, Jason looked over what it had given him and took the chance to memorize what was to be the new him in just a few moments.

"High Elf. Height's a bit taller, and weight is a little bit heavier. Looks like I kept my body frame just about the same.. Wind element, alright. And I'm a warrior.."Jason's muttering would have hardly been audible to anyone else, but since he was alone, it didn't matter. "Aaand... Save.

The moment he had hit the SAVE button, the mirror began to crumble at his feet. He was left in the room once again, but only for a moment. Dirt roads began to materialize, soon followed by stone walls and wood structures. He instantly recognized it as a medieval town found in storybooks and fairytales. Next, the people began to materialize around him, and Jason stared in disbelief before remembering that none of the were real. Finally, the sounds. He began to hear the noise of everyone's speaking, the work they were putting in, and even the creaking of the wooden wheels on moving wagons.

Jason turned around to admire the view, only to carelessly bump into one of the townsfolk carrying a basket. "Watch where you're going elf!"

"Sorry, won't happen again ma'am!" He called out, only to have his words ignored as she disappeared from view. "Oh boy.. where's everyone else when you need them?"

NAME:
JASON BAUTISTA
USERNAME:
Sildryn

2. GAME ENTRY

Base Stats

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Standard Leather
DEFENSE

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

Primary: Lhang
ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
None

Element:
Wind

Magic:
None
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
None

Blessing:
None

TAGS:

Last edited:

NAME:

Gabriel Anders

USERNAME:
Katar

Base Stats

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Elven Tunic
DEFENSE

MANA

AGILITY

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

Primary:
Elven Wood Bow
ACCURACY

CRIT RATE (-%)

DURABILITY

Secondary:
None at the moment
ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
None
Magic:
Wind
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
None

Blessing:

TAGS:
Before he could respond to what the red head had said, the other man having introduced himself as Austin, three individuals clad in white lab coats entered the room, two males and one female, the oldest having a cigarette in his mouth while the younger male had a clipboard in his hands and the woman possessing nothing, but looking very irritated. This was further confirmed when she walked over to Gabriel and the other beta testers, demanding that they hand over their cellphones. The silver haired teen froze for a moment, suddenly feeling like not obeying her command, but not just because of her tone. His mind, as hard he tried to push it away, immediately went to the pictures of his sister and him goofing off on a few vacations the summer before her death that were on his phone. He hadn't looked at them in awhile, but they were definitely present as digital files that he considered precious, as he had little connection left with her. He inwardly swore, feeling like he had swallowed a watermelon, but forced himself to hand over the device, doing his best to school his features into a bored expression. I'm fine. Totally fine. He breathed through his nose, listening to the man with a cig in his mouth introduce the himself and the other two before the younger man spoke, gesturing to be followed. As Kyugo and Kumoi explained the virtual reality system, pointing out that the beta testers would experience all of the senses entirely, that all of it would seem real, Gabriel couldn't help but raise an eyebrow, slightly incredulous. I'll believe it when I experience this virtual reality of theirs. Definitely sounds like something out of a movie or novel. He thought silently, nonetheless ignoring the sudden churning sensation in his gut. He let himself be led into another room, and strapped to a bed. He closed his eye as head gear was placed on his head.

Then next thing he knew, he was in that same room alone that Austin had been in previously. "Let's see here...who do I want to be...?" He said aloud, thinking. He had never been much of a video game player or close to a professional level, rather, that had been Amara. He considered what fantasy novels he liked instead, his mind going to one of the most famous of all stories: Lord of the Rings. His favorite race had been elf, so he selected that option and began to design his avatar. Then he went on to the next. He was usually pretty cautious and not a confrontational sort of guy usually, so warrior was out. But Archer? He tried to imagine it. I'd prefer to keep away from whoever or whatever the target is and strike from a far with as little mess as possible, so mage is also out. Archer it is then. I'll go for the typical elf look. Magic attribute? Wind...He applied the various changes, watching as his avatar came into creation. Soon enough a male elf of tall stature with green eyes stood in front of him in a mirror fully clothed, his complexion slightly tan and with two green eyes. That way I can actually see better...or again...whatever. In the elf's hands was a wooden bow. Here goes nothing. Gabriel pressed the save button.

The mirror shattered into light, causing Gabriel to instinctively step back slightly and shield himself with his arm. Then he was engulfed by the blinding light. For a fraction of a second all was white until his senses returned. Head suddenly throbbing, he let out a small wince as he opened his eye, or rather, eyes. Everything was a blur of colors at first, but he could hear what sounded like people talking. "Lad! Watch out!" His vision refocused, seeing a medieval village around him, and at that same instant he saw a large log swinging in his direction. Without thinking he ducked, the object making a whooshing sound of air that he could also feel as it passed over his head by mere centimeters. When he sensed he was no longer in any danger, he stood. A tap on his shoulder made him turn around and he saw two scowling workmen looking at him, a log resting on its side between them in the dirt. "Just how deep in your cups are you boy?" The closer of the two demanded, smelling of sweat.

"Um, sorry?" Gabriel, or rather, Katar's, head was reeling with the various sensations that he had to remember weren't real. He was shocked and a tad disoriented, which only caused the one of the other men to shake his head, mutter a few choice words under his breath, then turn away to help pick up the log before walking away. Katar stood there in the middle of the dirt road for a few moments, his gaze going over the stone walls and wooden buildings, the people, moving out of the way as a man on a horse walk straight towards him. He looked down at his hands, flexing and turning them over, kicking slightly at nothing with both his legs without feeling like he was going to fall over. He had total support. He was unable to suppress a slight smile. I think I can work with this.

Katar spent a few minutes merely walking around, marveling at how real everything seemed before remembering that he was one of many beta testers. Oh. Right. Need to focus. He began searching for the others even while a part of him wanted to continue to explore immediately without them. Eventually, he came across a few individuals who looked...oddly familiar while at the same time remaining different. He saw a few of them reading the same book. A guide perhaps? Recalling what his sister often in the past did while playing video games for the first time (the thought made him frown), he tried to figure out how to open the menu, calling for it verbally before finding it by touch. He went to items as nothing else seemed to fit, and found what he was looking for. The book materialized in the air in front of him and he quickly caught it before it fell due to gravity. A sour look still on his face, he started to look through the book...and quickly found out it wasn't just a guide guide. He raised an eyebrow...Nomicon? Ah I see...He looked through it, taking note of some of the different monsters and other aspects of gameplay. He then walked across the street towards the fox girl and demon. "I assume you are some of the other testers?"

Kishune Kishune Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

Last edited:

NAME:
Alfred Roma
USERNAME:
Kell
full

Base Stats

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Alligatan Garb
DEFENSE

MANA

AGILITY

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

Primary: Alligatan Spear
ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
Magic:
Water
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
Blessing:
TAGS: Kishune Kishune
Alfred hid a slight chuckle, finding Rusine's reactions to be quite amusing. It'd been too long since his last in person conversation, seeing someone's mannerisms and hearing their voice without a filter. Alfred wanted to indulge further in conversation, but before he could explain more to Rusine, three science looking people in lab coats entered the waiting room. Seeing the old man, Kyugo, with a cigarette, Alfred put a hand over his mouth. There was an oddly pleasing aroma produced by cigarettes, but the toxins it carried were quite detrimental to someone with asthma, of which Alfred had. Almost immediately, the only woman of the three took the cigarette right from the Kyugo's lips and crushed it. Alfred listened on to their explanations with interest.

As Kuchiku came up to him and Rusine and demanded their phones with a simple outward hand and her unchanging face. When she leaned toward Rusine wanting his phone, Alfred stepped back a bit. As she turned to him for his phone, he quickly handed it to her. Alfred sighed and looked at Rusine understandingly. "I should've left my phone at home, if it was gonna be taken away...Clare(Alfred's sister that drove him here) must've forgotten to take it..." As the group moved to the testing area, Alfred wandered away from Rusine just enough that he didn't notice anything. He was however concerned about the casual nature of the two developers. It didn't feel right, and soon his worries grew as his mind wandered from worst case scenario to absolute worst case scenario.

Arriving at the lab, Alfred was more impressed by the the door and big screen than the rest of the interior. He wondered to himself. "Why show us all this if we're just testing the system? They could've shown us this back in the other room." As Austin was volun-told, Alfred watched with amazement and soon found his questions answered. He had no disbelief or hesitation. What he was seeing on screen, what he had just seen happen to Austin, it was all real. His adrenaline pumping, Alfred followed the others to the hospital like room. All apprehensions seemed to have left his mind. He wanted to explore the world now. Getting onto a bed and letting himself be strapped in and helmeted, Alfred closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

As he exhaled he found himself in the avatar creation room. Immediately he started moving as much as he could without going anywhere. It was seamless. No lag or anything. He truly felt he was there in that room, despite knowing he was in a bed moments ago. It felt perfectly real. He swiped at the air near his side opening the menu just as Austin had. Without even looking, rather he covered his eyes, he swiped random on everything but the name. In an instant he felt different. Despite still having his eyes open, it felt as though he were standing with his eyes closed. His mental image didn't match his body so he felt off balance. Moving his scaly hand away from his face. He saw what he had become. "Aaahhhhhh!" Alfred screamed, it was too real. He tested his vocals a bit and noticed that even they had changed. His voice was rough and low. Alfred looked over his info quickly. "An Alligatan...alligator? Well I do look reptilian. Hmm, magic, water, and I'm a Rogue. This armor is nice too. Wait is that a spear?"

Alfred checked his back. Indeed there was a spear bound by some wrappings. Taking the spear and looking over it, Alfred played around a bit. He tried to reenact the movements of characters he'd seen in movies. His mind quickly adjusted to the new body, but his lack of coordination bore little fruit. "Sick, but can I really fight like this...guess I'll find out." Wrapping the spear back up, he looked at the menu and entered a name, Kell. For the first time pixels seemed to appear as the room was replaced by a roadway. Buildings, people, soon Alfred, or rather Kell, found himself on a classically medieval street.

Before he had a chance to take it all in, a large man bumped into him with moderate force, but not enough to budge Kell's large body. "Watch it demi-" Seeing the massive beast before him, the man hesitated and walked away muttering to himself. Kell rubbed where the man had bumped into him. The sensation lingered. It was odd...this new body was a lot tougher than his in reality. Kell looked around hoping to see another player, someone that stood out amongst the commoners. "Wait, what even is the point of this game?"

Akumada
Stats

aaa_zpsfkbxcfia.png

HP: 100%

MP: 100%

Race: Demon
Class: Fighter

Affinity: Fire

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLIGENCE

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Setting
Where:
Chordata - Chordata - town square.

With:
Sylena ( Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay ),
Vale ( StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 ),
And Katar ( Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight )

Thoughts:
This is going to be way different!

Inventory
Gold: 10,100
Weapon:
Great Sword,
Gauntlets
Armor:
Blood Crystal armor
Magic & Skills
Magic:
Fire
Skills:

Austin or rater Akumada now, read through part way through the book before he closed it. He had calmed down enough from his excitement but he was smirking due to it till. The smirk was innocent enough but to those looking at him, he looked like a guy about to commit a murder, scaring them somewhat. Akumada sighed as he noticed the NPCs seemed to avoid him. “Guess even here I can’t escape this natural mean face…That’s what I get for choosing the random option.” He said to himself then looked the book over. “Hm, let’s see your functions.” He said then tapped the book cover with the hand that wasn’t holding it. A small window opened up where he tapped giving a brief description. “So it’s not just a guide, but a Artifact as well with a legendary rarety.” He said as he had a hand to his chin. He didn’t think much of the rarity as most fantasy games, especially MMOs, gave items like this a high rarity to make them seem more important than they are. But the artifact part was mentioned in the book. It said artifacts were items with their own magical energy that could be used by Mages as weapons. “Huh, but the book has no increase to stats…maybe artifacts have other uses as well.” He said then opened it up to a random page and found it was empty now. Confused Akumada flipped through it till he found the pages that he has read so far. “Hm…must be the extent of the Demo…” He said sounding a bit disappointed at the amount of content, but it couldn’t be helped. What was there wasn’t even ¼ the thickness of the book meaning there was plenty to look forward to for the game’s release.

Soon Akumada figured that enough time has passed for other Players to start showing up and just as he had thought that he started noticing people appear out of nowhere and the NPCs acting like they just got in their way as they passed by. He smirked watching the reactions of those that he could see. “This…is going to be interesting.” He said as he closed the book and put it back in his menu as he decided to wait and watch as the others came in. Before he had a chance to settle back in his seat, A foxgirl suddenly came up to him and asked isn’t this all amazing?! Akumada was a bit surprised and blinked at her as he looked over her head. Above it was the name Sylena floating there. “So that’s how it works…” He said to himself as he thought he could get a hint at who this was by the name. But thinking about how she was acting and making comparison to who he had in mind he smirked as he crossed his arms. “You could say that again, right Jay?” He said teasing her repeating what she said already out loud. He chucked thinking that this game was going to be a whole lot of fun.

Akumada was then brought from his happy mood as he heard a man make a ruckus not too far away. He looked and it looked like the pub owner blocking a player from getting closer. Akumada looked at the with a raised eyebrow before he noticed the name above the player’s head. It was Vale’s. “That’s right in the nomicon it mentioned this kingdom has a history of discrimination…” He said as he noticed the wolf ears on Vale as she looked past the man. The guy must have ignored him as Akumada looked human, even if his armor said otherwise. Akumada looked at his hand and flexed it a bit. “Well seems like a good time to do a test.” He said then got up from the table. He walked over behind the guy “Excuse me.” He said then without hesitation, Akumada reached up for the guy’s head and pulled him backwards as he also kicked his feet from under the guy. This action caused the guy to land head first on the ground. The guy growled and was about to get up, but Akumada looked down at him with a slight glare. “Stay down…” He told him as in the shade of his face his eyes could be seen glowing red. This scared the guy a bit. ‘Huh, That actually worked…’ He thought as he turned back to Vale feeling his cheep under his eyes as they weren’t glowing any more. “Uh, sorry about that I couldn’t just sit back and watch.” He said to Vale as he rubbed the back of his head. His reactions were due to how he was treated in school by bullies and that he couldn’t stand them anymore.

As he stood there with Vale, Akumada looked at an elf with the name Katar above his head who asked if they were the other testers. “Yep.” He said as he pointed over his head gesturing to the names over their heads. Only the testers had them. “So…is it like you guys imagined?” Akumada asked the both of them with a smirk as he crossed his arms now. This allowed the guy messing with Vale to scurry away. Though Akumada wasn’t going to d more to him unless he presitsed.

Vale's ears had subconsciously lowered themselves as the man had learned in a bit closer with her lack of a response, she actually being able to smell the horrid scent that was his breath. Finding her voice she managed a "S-sir, I-" but was promptly cut off as the player with 'Akumada' floating above his head got the brute's attention and was quick to send him to the floor. Feeling slightly relieved as he did this, it was still safe to say that she was still unnerved by how realistic the response had been. Looking up to the taller man, she blinked a few times, swearing that his eyes had held a brief red glow before he began to apologize. "Thank you, actually..." Then listening to him asking their thoughts as an elf named Katar walked up.

Clearly... no. At all.

"Not in the slightest." Vale replied more surely than she had the past few minutes. In all honesty, she hadn't been sure what to expect when she had gotten this invitation, but something this... real had been way beyond her. "I'm just rather surprised at how life-like everything is., though I guess the same could be said for everyone else." The woman continued, gesturing to the shopkeep who had pulled himself to his feet and shuffled away muttering various curses under his breath.

As the man made his way into his shop and Vale awaited replies from those she was speaking to, it made her wonder. What Akumada did was rather impressive, the agitator having been clearly a few pounds over weight and reasonably tall. Meaning it would've taken an ample amount of strength to do something as such. But if that was just an increase of strength most likely caused by his race... what of her? What spells could she cast? Did her race mean anything aside from a bit of racism and an aesthetic change? So many questions... and hopefully an equal amount of answers in due time.

Valoire Moore
Race: Werewolf
Class: Mage
Element: Dark
Health

Mana
Personal
Mood: Amazed, Thoughtful
Thoughts: 'I wonder what I can do...'
Position
Near: Closest to Akumada ( Kishune Kishune ) and Katar ( Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight )
Interacting: Akumada and Katar
Tags: Kishune Kishune , Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight
[/font]

"Get out of the way, elf!"

"Watch where you're going!"

"Go back to the forest you came from dandelion mincer, you're blocking business!"

"I swear, all you tree stump pixies think you're better than the rest of us!"

The constant jabbering of the townsfolk as Jason made his way across the town was relentless, so much so that he had completely given up apologizing for each and every one and instead just ignored their insults. "There is no way in hell this is making it past the demo stage.." TO be completely fair, he did manage to bump into half of the people he was walking by. He did have little time to adjust to his increased height and stride, after all.

"I-.. I just need to find the other players.."Jason muttered through gritted teeth, a hand running through his now long, elegant hair in frustration. When he brought his hand down from his hair, he unknowingly brought open a menu in front of him. He was surprised at the action, but was quick to observe whether or not the townsfolk was seeing the menu floating in front of him. Obviously, they gave no notice, so Jason took it as an opportunity to examine its contents for some sort of explanation.

"No idea how to identify them, whether they even entered the game, or even a way to track them.. just great.." He took note of the name listed at the top of his menu, "But Sildryn, eh? No clue what it means, but I guess its elven.. somehow."

Jason instinctively clicked on the Nomicon in the Inventory, as it was the only item listed aside from his armor and weapons. The button clicked as a button physically would, before the textbook-sized hardcover materialized in the air in front of him. Quickly snatching it from the air before it fell, Jason opened the cover and flipped to the index in hopes for some sort of map. "AHA!" He exclaimed aloud, his excitement beginning to getting the better of him.

"Oh.. you've got to be joking.. I hope you all at least dropped in the same area as me.." Jason's eyes widened at the size of the country shown on the map, knowing full well that it would take ages just to explore a quarter of it. He shut the book instantly, tossing it upwards, and watching it pixilate into blue nothingness. Well hey.. that's convenient..

It didn't take long before he was left to wander the town's streets yet again, lost in his search to find someone recognizable. Or someone not recognizable, Jason would never be able to tell the difference.

He turned the corner quickly, knocking into an older gentleman carrying planks of wood over his shoulder. The collision sent the planks backwards and out of the man's grasp, quickly angering the townsman and throwing him into a fit of rage directed towards Jason.

"Get out of the way, knife ears!"

Jason was quick to retort, his usual calm and polite demeanor sent over the edge by the undeserved insults and anger directed towards him."Knife ears they are, and they're sharp enough to hear the swishing of last month's ale in that beer belly of yours old coot!"

"Old?! You elves are older than my grandfather twice over, I'm surprised your skin isn't as bumpy as alligator skin down the street!"

"Alli-.. Did you say alligator skin?" Most, if not all, of the people Jason had seen post-spawn had been human. If someone looked unique enough to be distinguished, Jason figured then it would have had to have been another player. Jason quickly darted past the old man, following the old man's short directions in hopes of finding someone else.

"That's right, you better run!"

Jason ignored any further insults from the man, more intent on finding the others and getting an explanation on what they were supposed to do next. As he made his way down the street, the larger figure of the alligator made mention earlier was easy enough to spot. Jason rose a hand out in an attempt to grab his attention. "Hey! Alligator-skin, over here!" He yelled out, using the hand that wasn't waving to cup his lips.

"It's got to be another player.. Jason thought to himself, almost seemingly with a hint of desperation.

NAME:
JASON BAUTISTA
USERNAME:
Sildryn

Base Stats

full

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Standard Leather
DEFENSE

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
None
Magic Element:
Wind
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
None
Blessing:
None
Inventory

Gold: 10,000
Artifacts:
- Nomicon
Quest Items:
None
Misc.:
None
Current Quests!

None

TAGS:
IdeaLover IdeaLover

NAME: Jay

USERNAME: Sylena
kccSPLL.jpg

Base Stats

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Sylena's Armor
DEFENSE

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

Primary: Catalyst Dagger
ATTACK

DURABILITY

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
None
Magic:
Thunder. Air. Cura. Ensura
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
None

Blessing:

TAGS: Kishune Kishune Aura Of Twilight Aura Of Twilight StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18

When he had refered to her as Jay she voiced her protest. "Wait, wait no no! Absolutely no, you silly! We're inside of this game, and everything already feels like its so real! Feel the breeze floating across, the sun bearing down, the ground at your feet! And you wanna' call me by my other name? Nuh uh! In here, I'm Sylena!" She exclaims, a proud smile across her face and her hands on her hips. It's hard to tell how serious she's being, and how much of it is just being dramatic for the sake of it.

When he took a moment to harass some poor NPC and rescue a wolf-girl in distress Jay noted, with a roll of her eyes, she herself took the time to power-read through the Nomicon. Focusing mainly on the lore-aspect of it, and the basics of gameplay pertaining to her own character. Feeling confidant she could stab some mean things or zap them with magic spells, she closes it up. Enough of that for now...

Sylena laughed. "It's not like I imagined!" She sweeps her hand outwards, a gesture to all her surroundings. "It's so, oh so much more! We shouldn't think of ourselves as testers... that's boring! Too boring for this amazing world! Where's the sense of excitement, the sense of wonder and adventure?!" She points to herself, then Akumada, then Vale, and ending with Katar. In turn, she says. "Amazing! Simply amazing, I get to feel like I'm an actual foxgirl! And behold, with your own eyes a real-life adorable wolfgirl! And uh, an edgy thing! A human-demon thing! And, lo, one of the Eldar, come to grace us with with their... grace! And glory!" She opened the nomicon again, briefly, taking a pause from her ranting.

"With a group such as this, we simply MUST go a-questing! Seeking out danger, adventure and glory as we chase the goal of saving the world! Or uh. Something. Does this world need saving? ARE there adventures to seek?" She wonders aloud, rubbing her cheek with a hum. "If there is, it shall be a breeze! A warrior, a mage, a rogue and an Archer!" Sylena gives a bright smile. Seems she can barely contain her excitement. Or rather, perhaps she isn't even trying to.

Last edited:
Kishune
Stats

915e371c3cd7418d8420a2b27f295ed9_zpsdatuyzs3.jpg
HP: 98%

MP: 100%

Race: Kitsune
Class: Rogue
Affinity: Dark
HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLIGENCE

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Setting
Where:
Chordata - Chordata - by an ally way

With:
A bunch of trouble making kids

Thoughts:
WHHHYYY~!!!

Inventory
Weapon:
Dual blades,
Kurarigama
Armor:
Kitsune Mask,
Parts of Ninja Gear
Items
:
Nomicon
Magic & Skills
Magic:
Thunder (D)
Skills:

Kishune crouched down, still holding his head as he thought. “Have I died…No I shouldn’t have? This isn’t the afterlife...is it?” He starting talking to himself getting more agitated as time went by. “Aaaargh~!” He yelled as he vigorously rubbed and scratched his head, messing up his hair even more. The villagers were watching him in confusion at his actions as they passed him by. He then shot strait up and started swinging his body around. “This has to be a dream, it just has to! I don’t want to die and be in a hellferno world like this with no internet in sight for all eternity~!” He cried out as he continued to swing his body around in circles.

Some kids watched Kishune’s display and saw his rat tail swing as he twirled. One had a wicked grin on his face as he went up to him and grabbed his rat tail. As Kishune spun around, the rat tail coiled around him. Of course he didn’t notice as he was still in too much shock. Before he knew it Kishune had fallen over tangled up in his own hair. “Huh Wha-?” He said then looked down at himself as he laid on his side on the floor. “What’s going on!?” He cried as a group of kids gathered around him with evil smiles. Before long the kids were all over him; jumping on him, pulling his hair, kicking him whatever they could and the adults didn’t care to stop them. “H-Heeeelp~!” He cried out hoping someone merciful would help him.

Jason finished reading the manuel and sighed. It seemed like they would largely be playing by ear. He would miss having places to look up information like forums. That meant that they probably should work together. Well that would be expected. One of them would probably end up writing the future tutorial and book. Jason rolled his shoulder and looked at his bow. Well learning how to use it wouldn't be that hard. He'd watched a bit of realistic bow shooting. Momentarily he wondered if the system either autocorected what you did or slowly made what ever you were doing get better. Come to think about it this might be used for therapy. Jason shrugged. What he would do to own this company about now.

He snapped the book shut and looked around at the appearing NPCs. Well now he needed to form or join a party. That was probably the best thing to do. That red hair guy probably would be the most help. Austin right. Well, he lifted his head just in time to see Austin, or rather Akumada slam the tavern owner. Not exactly what he would have done. He walked over his steps careful and measure. "You know NPC opinions of us do matter."

GladeWatcher leaned down and helped the tavern owner up. "Assistance and quests probably will rely on our treatment of NPC, perhaps even fame. Well what do I know? We might want to find good solutions to things however. Nice to meet you Akumada."

GladeWatcher looked up his black and red eyes piercing.

Last edited:

NAME:
Alfred Roma
USERNAME:
Kell
full

Base Stats

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Alligatan Garb
DEFENSE

MANA

AGILITY

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

Primary: Alligatan Spear
ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
Magic:
Water
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
Blessing:
Kell was about to open the menu when he heard someone call him 'Alligator Skin'. Or at least he assumed someone did, who else could they be referring to. Turning around he saw an elf waving at him from down the street. Kell immediately took note of the name above the elf's head. The few people, NPCs rather, he had seen were human and wore common clothes. For an armored elf to appear and have a name, it was either a player or a quest that lacked subtlety.

Thinking for a moment, Kell reached behind his back and loosened the wrappings of his spear. He caught the spear as it fell free, holding it near the butt, and brought it forward as if striking a target in front of him. Pausing like that, Kell looked as if he was poised to fight. His spear pointed towards the named character. Clearing his throat, sounding more like a low growl, he glared at the character before him and made a declaration. All the while a grin had appeared on his face; he was enjoying himself. "You dare mock my lineage elf? I shall show you no mercy!" Perhaps a little too much.

He waited for no response as he rushed towards his target. Sliding the shaft of the spear along his hand, he now held it near the middle. Still though he had no idea how to handle the weapon. To himself he thought he looked rather awkward, but from someone else's point of view, a large demi-human running with a spear may have been terrifying.

"Oh you've got to be joking.." Sildryn muttered under his breath. He rolled his eyes as the demi-human made his way through the street, rushing past the townsfolk, and heading straight towards him. "Oi, if this is your idea of funny. It's not."

Sildryn grabbed at the sword on his waist, unsheathing it from its scabbard and raising it up at about chest height. He was rather shocked at the design of the blade, thinking it would look more like the standard one-handed sword that is usually depicted during the medieval era, with the cross handguard and all. Instead, this blade had no handguard, and a handle that was about a third of the length of the blade. But seeing as how it was all that he had, Sildryn continued to raise it in front of him.

Of course, a sword was hardly enough to instill enough confidence in Sil that he could fend away an angry alligator man; one that could most likely bite a hole in his shoulder the size of a bowling ball. So Sil did what he DID have confidence in. He ran.

Jason has had plenty of experience running, being a highly marked track and field runner during his time in high school. It sure was a blessing that running wasn't a trait that he had lost through the character creation stage.

Sildryn ran slightly diagonal from Kell's direction, hoping that if he managed to get the height advantage on the alligator that he could deliver a quick blow with the blade to stun the other player. His eyes were focused on the foe in front of him, body tilting forward to get the most speed out of what short time he had. "C'mon.. c'mon! I've gotta find somewhere to jump off of. Somewh-"

His short mumbles under his breath were cut short by a loud crash, literally stopped by a wagon exiting an alleyway. The collision was hard, the cracking of the wagon's wood frame, and the sight of hay flying into the air, surely proved the force that Sildryn had been focused on maintaining. The wood was shattered near the wagon's rear, and the wheel closest to Sil looked to be hanging on by its last strands.

And as for the elf? He was lying on his back, blade held loosely in his hands as he tried to piece together what had just happened in that split moment. And as if to make matters even worse for the elf, he was left staring as a health bar pixilated into view right below his name, and dropped by a small fraction to signify the damage that he had taken. "This game sucks.."

NAME:
JASON BAUTISTA
USERNAME:
Sildryn

HEALTH: 87%

Base Stats

full
HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Standard Leather
DEFENSE

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
None
Magic Element:
Wind
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
None
Blessing:
None
Inventory

Artifacts:
- Nomicon
Quest Items:
None
Misc.:
None
Current Quests!

None

TAGS:
IdeaLover IdeaLover

NAME:

Gabriel Anders

USERNAME:
Katar

Base Stats

HEALTH

MANA

ATTACK

DEFENSE

INTELLECT

KNOWLEDGE

AGILITY

Armor Stats

Elven Tunic
DEFENSE

MANA

AGILITY

DURABILITY

Weapon Stats

Primary:
Elven Wood Bow
ACCURACY

CRIT RATE (-%)

DURABILITY

Secondary:
None at the moment
ATTACK

MANA

AGILITY (-%)

DURABILITY

Skills & Magic

Skills:
None
Magic:
Wind
Abilities & Blessing

Abilities:
None

Blessing:

StoneWolf18 StoneWolf18 Foxgirl Jay Foxgirl Jay

A light blush settled on Katar's tan face for a moment as Akumada gestured at the names above their heads, realizing he had completely missed the fact the only the beta testers, or players, would have them. So much for being observant. He inwardly chided himself, missing part of what the demon was saying.

"...like you guys imagined?

Akumada must've been talking about what they all thought of the game. Katar listened as Vale, who looked basically identical to her real world counterpart, spoke in a calm tone, but her eyes looked excited as Katar admittedly felt, unable to quell the emotions running through him. Sylena was even more expressive, smiling and gesturing here and there at the very real looking buildings and people, or NPCs. When she had finished with talking about questing, he took a moment before answering, folding his arms in thought. "It's...like nothing I've ever experienced." He admitted. "The sights. The sounds. The sensations. I actually feel like I have both eyes again and have total support, no limp. I'm impressed." And that was the truth. It was like Kyugo had said earlier. "I'm...certainly looking forward to seeing more of what this world of his offers."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back