• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Game of Thrones Ideas

Steel Accord

One Thousand Club
So my Dad's been on a GoT binge and it's got me back in one of my moods where I briefly obsess about something. So I have a few ideas I thought I could bring a partner along for. Starting with . . .

The Age of Heroes: Long before Aegon the Conquerer, indeed before the rise of the Valyrian Freehold, before even the Andal invasion, there was the Age of Heroes. The time following the Pact, where towering figures performed deeds that would come to inspire song for generations and have houses claiming descent from them.

You could take on the role of Brann the Builder, who constructed the Wall with giants and magic and founded House Stark or Lann the Clever, who swindled Casterly Rock from its namesake owners and founded House Lannister, or the Grey King, who fought a sea serpent and took a mermaid for wife and founded House Greyjoy. Of course there are other figures that aren't directly connected to the main factions but still important to the region, Gaven Greywolf the skinchanger, Alan o' the Oak the blind archer, Balon Blackskin the invincible. Or Hell, if you think you can come up with a folkloric character of your own that fits somewhere in Westeros, by all means shoot it by me.

Basically the idea of the RP would be for us to make a tale where two of these legendary figures would meet and do something awesome and heroic. A nice change of pace for usual Westerosi stories I think.

Lady and Knight: Just a straight up romance between a knight and a lady. Be she highborn or closely affiliated to a family such as being a handmaiden or the like. Specifics can be nailed out on where she's from and what her personality is like. The story would be that the two characters are from separate regions, loyal to two different houses, but not in a trite Romeo and Juliet setup. Only that because they're from different places, their relationship must be built up over distance and time. (Which may not pass IN-RP, if we don't want to draw it out.)

Beyond Westeros: For something a little more action oriented, we could play two adventuring types in Essos or elsewhere. Maybe we travel with a company of companions or maybe it's just us. We could be part of a pirate crew or a mercenary company. Maybe we're just two fortune seekers plundering Ghiscari ruins and running afoul of the wrong people. Plus the possible combination of character types. A Bravossi Waterdancer and a Dothraki Screamer, a Qartheen Warlock and a Norvoshi Priest, etc.

These three also kind of show a scale of romance. Number one there'd be none, two is all romance, three could go either way.

So let me know which of these are of interest to you.

Last edited:
Not going to lie, I’m always up for a good knight and the lady story. If you’re still looking for someone feel free to hit me up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back