• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Galactic Chronicles: A Wayward Prince [/ Chapter I Characters and Empires \]

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Mist Demon

A Broken Frame
Introduction
Life, a singular constant throughout the countless universes as assuredly as death in most cases, takes endlessly vivid and vibrant forms with seemingly no other clear purpose than the stories left behind. What, if any, will be your story? Will the final chapters of your story be marked by the desolate remains of a planet that never managed to reach ascension and travel across the stars because its light was snuffed out or will the very exposition be that of the galactic empire whose ambition and blood lust paved the way to its goals on top of the backs of lesser civilizations?

Or will all life find itself engulfed in the brewing inferno soon to start with the lighting of a single match? Only time will tell how the events that play out from this annual meeting of galactic nations escalates and what toll it will inevitably take.

Overview
Simply put, as a short authors side note, my intentions for the thread are incredibly simple to probably an alarming degree. I have the plan for the overarching story and what ideally will happen, but my intentions are to let the various players' characters and empires more or less pave to way to see how the dots get connected; or thrown-out all together if the overwhelming choices of the players causes the overarching story itself to change. While there's an argument for this thread (and hopefully series of threads if popular enough) to be within nation-building, I ideally wish for the thread to work out being incredibly character driven while it is shown whether directly or indirectly that things of a much larger scale are going on in the background.

Just a simple set of guidelines as well:

• First and foremost, I want the thread to be fun for whoever decides to join. If players aren't having fun, then that's a problem that must be addressed before the thread implodes on itself. If the issue is on behalf of a player, I'll do my best to communicate with them and see what can be done better. Just as if there's something I'm doing that I'm not realizing, I would rather the players take it upon themselves to inform me in a polite way so we can come to a solution that makes everyone better off.
  • Typically speaking, my decision is likely final unless swayed otherwise by the majority.
  • For combat instances, and in general role-playing courtesy when making a post involving other player characters, I would typically prefer that players type out what their character intends to do and allow subsequent posts to act in reaction of said prior post.
    • The example difference here is pretty important:
    • Player One: John Doe (Player One's character) shoots Jane Doe (Player Two's character).
    • Player Two: Gee, I guess Jane's pretty dead now.
    • Player One: John Doe shoots at Jane Doe.
    • Player Two: Jane felt the breath catch in her lungs as the bullet grazed past her face. "That was rude," Jane said to John.
  • At least try to be reasonable. As someone who has a tendency of going over the top on accident, I'm going to try my best to refrain from actions that deprive other players from having fun. The least I can ask is that if you join the thread you do the same.
  • There's probably plenty more that could be said, but I'll leave that under the umbrella of I'm free to add more later or make up things as I go~
Characters/Empire Sheets
Once again, I'll give a general idea of what I would like to see and one could feel free to add any fathomable layer of additional detail to their preference. As far as characters go, a physical appearance would be nice--with either a written description, picture, or even both working just fine--alongside names of course, species alongside description of said species if necessary, with relative allegiances to particular factions or empires as well as hopefully a drawn out backstory. Empires, factions, coalitions, etc. are not incredibly different with just more of an overhead view of what to expect. With all of that said, here are some templates I'd probably be pretty alright with:

Character
Name:
Physical Appearance/Description:
Species:
Species Description: (If applicable. Humans are boringly predictable, and apparently locus across the multiverse)
Specialties/Ranks/Gifts/Importance: (What makes the character stand out? Are they the leader or a nation, or simply a soldier following it? What are their skills? Do they possess anything incredibly special as perhaps telekinesis, telepathy, or other incredibly rare gifts and powers?)
History: (Everyone has a story. Even that grunt you just vaporized in five seconds flat had some sort of life, ambitions, and choices that all accumulated to him charging at someone with a vaporization gun. Come to think of it, he probably wasn't the brightest one throughout his life.)
(Feel free to add more. This is just the bare bones skeleton.)

Empire/Faction/Coalition, etc.
Name:
Description/History:
Leadership:
Species/Species Hierarchy:
(I feel like I'm incredibly blanking on more things I should require. That probably means this will be edited at some point.)

Regardless, I hope if you've read this far that you're intending on joining in on the thread. I look forward to accepting your character(s) and more!

Last edited:
Character
Name:
Physical Appearance/Description:
Specialties/Ranks/Gifts/Importance: (What makes the character stand out? Are they the leader or a nation, or simply a soldier following it? What are their skills? Do they possess anything incredibly special as perhaps telekinesis, telepathy, or other incredibly rare gifts and powers?)
History: (Everyone has a story. Even that grunt you just vaporized in five seconds flat had some sort of life, ambitions, and choices that all accumulated to him charging at someone with a vaporization gun. Come to think of it, he probably wasn't the brightest one throughout his life.)
(Feel free to add more. This is just the bare bones skeleton.)

Species
Species: Metamora

Species Description: The Metamora is a species of shape-shifting, amorphous humanoids. Their gelatinous and fragile appearance is all but deceptive, as the alien race is exceedingly delicate. As most of them are unsuited for the physical rigors that come along with war, they have taken advantage of their advanced technology to protect their homeworld and the various other planets they have come to acquire. Their homeworld is a planet rich in unique flora, fauna, and rare resources. It was for this reason that the Metamora have been driven away from their own planet several times, but through perseverance, and a few underhanded tricks, they were able to recover their homeworld. Though they are apt to take the diplomatic and honorable approach whenever possible, the Metamora have known to be incredibly deceptive and cunning. Many of the other races in the galaxy have underestimated them due to a reputation tarnished by previous acts of cowardice and weakness, losing precious resources and land because of it. In spite of their fragile bodies, the Metamora have built a powerful military, conscripting POW's of stronger races into their military programs, bioengineering their own foot soldiers, and even creating armored power suits for their own men to fight in.

Empire
Name:
Description/History:
Leadership:
Species/Species Hierarchy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back