• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Futuristic Treasure/Tech Hunt - Small Group, Semi-Casual RP (Interest Check)

Rabbit.

Carrot Hacker
So I've decided to post this here in case anyone would be interested in doing this as a small group. It's just a inkling of an idea, right now. I've still yet to flesh it out, but I'll continue to write the world and the lore if there's interest in it.

Main Premise:

rsz_skulls_sand_461662 (6).jpg

ART-I was an exoskeleton suit designed by Biotex to transfer human consciousness to their more durable metallic counterparts. With biology placing a ticking clock on life as we know it, the scientists wanted to further the human evolution beyond meat and flesh. Unfortunately, no one had really survived the transference process. The consciousness was jumbled and moreover, the suits could potentially be weaponized by determined hackers. With the Earth far into the future, the once fertile ground replaced by arid desserts and the remnants of humanity buried under sand. A group of human descendants, find their purpose in retrieving this ancient tech. Earth is highly unhabitable and terraforming not a viable option, these explorers seek to try to finish what the prior counterparts couldn’t. Unfortunately, it wasn’t that easily. While society fell, Biotex made a failsafe to ensure that their intellectual property couldn’t be profited from by other people. They scattered their assets and made sure that only those with proper knowledge could survive the trials that laid ahead of their most treasured tech. Will the team survive or will they fall to their fate?

If it does gain interest, it would be a semi-casual RP. Replies maybe once or two a week with a two paragraph minimum. I'd like to keep it small though. Maybe two or three other players so it's easily manageable and our characters get to interact.

Thanks for reading!

This sounds interesting, I’d love to join.

Nice! I’ll get to working on fleshing it out. It’ll be like an Indiana Jones adventure except post-apocalyptic/futuristic.

I’ll tag you in an update when I finish. Hopefully, you’ll like it.

I'm also interested in this RP. Will the RPers only play characters on the team, or are we allowed to play side characters/NPCs too?

I'm also interested in this RP. Will the RPers only play characters on the team, or are we allowed to play side characters/NPCs too?

Definitely. I’m still planning the scope. But I’m planning to have more characters involved like rogue Androids or people in Biotex potentially.

Definitely. I’m still planning the scope. But I’m planning to have more characters involved like rogue Androids or people in Biotex potentially.

Thanks for the reply! I'll wait till you're done planning the scope before asking about the RP.

Hmmm. This does seem interesting. What exactly are these exoskeletons? Do they completely replace the human body?

Hmmm. This does seem interesting. What exactly are these exoskeletons? Do they completely replace the human body?

Thanks for showing interest! I’m glad you asked. They’d be like unfinished androids. Just the skeletons without a “skin”. Think Terminator-esque robots. The scientists at Biotex were more focused on the transference of consciousness rather than aesthetics so they placed the importance of the looks of the exosuits last. They look terrifying, but are ultimately harmless unless hacked/weaponized.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back