• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FtK: The Demon Chalice

His eyes brightened a bit. She took some teasing to awaken into conversation it seemed to him.
“Really? What color was it? If you spent time in the Emerald Vale you’ve probably seen some big blue drakes, not the same thing as an ancient elder like you’d find here.”

"Bright red. Covered in near impenetrable scales." She said calmly

The wizard listened with a cool calmness. “Interesting. You must have seen Drejcharir or one of his brothers. Hot headed, and bad gamblers.”

The elf smiled. “Very well. I can provide you with support spells and some conjuration. I have a few conditions we can go over later. Like I said, I’m not one for adventures. I like taking things slow.”

She nodded with a smile. "If you're really not up for an adventure I can get someone else," She suggested

He shrugged. “Forgive my candor. I’d be willing as a favor for the Headmaster. I’d like fewer apprentices this year so I can explore the South Seas unhampered by paperwork. To that end, I would obey your command.”

He smirked and set his tea cup down. “Well, I know I’m up against a few brainy mages for your pick. I know a lot about demonkin and the one who crafted that chalice. I may find a way to destroy it, but I need to see the thing up close. I wish you luck in your endeavor, Althea.”

"As I wish you luck among your own." She smiled, placing down her glass as she returned towards the door

The door sealed behind her, and as she did the nameplate fell off the wall. It shrank and had the words “Whirlpool Mage” written on it. It was like his personal agreement to be a choice.
“Fire” was still written on the other wall, and the rest of the hall was still available.

There were two new doors available. One was purple and the other was gray. The purple door said “Umbra” and the gray read “Astra”

The door opened, and pitch blackness lurked within. The room seemed to grab and pull her in. The door sealed shut and nothing but the ground beneath her feet was marginally visible.

“Greetings Althea. Fitz told me you were coming. Call me Madam Dark.”

"Uh- Hello there." She said quickly, feeling a bit uneasy in the room.

“This may come as a shock, but you’re inside my head. I‘m in a meeting right now, so how about a sparring session?”

The environment took shape. It was a small grassy field with a blue mountain backdrop. A woman in black appeared, holding a scimitar. She smirked with pink lips.

She frowned and reached to her belt, pulling her prized blade to her hands. "If that is what you wish."

Madam Dark chuckled and approached with the weapon. She took a few long wide swings to put Al on guard.

“It’s quite boring here. Goldie jr. never stops talking. The PTA is a living nightmare to manage.”

Althea lunged with her blade, clashing against the womans. "Have never been a part of one, so I wouldn't know"

“I’ve lived quite a long time, and I can say buerocrat systems are the more dull and time consuming. Say, would you take eternal youth as a worthy payment for the chalice?”

She shrugged. "Possibly. But living for all eternity doesn't sound like something I would enjoy."

She laughed and pushed Al off her sword. She faded and started shifting around.
“This is my soul energy taking shape. I fight the same in reality as I do in this pocket dimension.”
Her arm folded over her face, and a shield formed on her left forearm. She came in with a flurry of stabs aimed at Al’s torso.

She rolled out of the way of the stabs and swiped at her legs.

The shadows faded away as she swung at the legs. Madam Black stepped away while chuckling. “Great stuff. You’re very formidable. I believe you’ll make a good host, Althea the Drifter.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back