• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Frozen Hell (Apocalypse World 2E) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
So, Ronan Ronan , first thing is first. This game is played in free-form style. We say what we want our characters to do, as normal in any other RP. The difference is that when you do things in-game, they engage "moves". These "moves" are how you interract with the world. You have basic "moves", character "moves", and special "moves".

To be clear, you, as your character, doing things in the world triggers these moves. This is prescriptive and descritive. To do a move, you have to be doing the in-game things to trigger it, and doing the in-game things always trigger the move.

It sounds far more complicated than it is. So, just real quick, to give you a general idea, this is the complete basic moves list and what they mean. Don't get overwhelmed. And don't worry about remembering them right now. It really is very natural in play.

2018-02-27 13_46_39-AW 2e - Google Drive.png

So, now, let me set some expectations.
  • Your characters don’t have to be close friends, but they do have to know each other and work together, and they should be allies. They might become enemies in play, but they shouldn’t start out enemies.
  • Yes, you each have a move for what happens when you have sex. they’re there if it ever happens, but if it never does, that’s finne too. It’s always strictly up to you whether your character has sex. Also, they aren’t for playing out sex scenes, we’ll fade to black whenever you want.
  • Your characters are unique in Apocalypse World. There are other medics, and they might even be called “angel” by their friends, but you’re the only angel. There are other compound bosses and warlords who might be called “hardholders,” but you’re the only hardholder.
  • Some of you get to choose armor. 1-armor can be whatever, it can be bulletproof vests, bike leathers, armored corsets, whatever. 2-armor, though, is serious body armor. Riot gear. It might be low-tech, it might be made out of a car or something, but the point is that there’s nothing casual about it. You’re walking around in body armor.
  • I’m not out to get you. If I were, you could just pack it in right now, right? I’d just be like “there’s an earthquake. You all take 10-harm and die. The end.” No, I’m here to find out what’s going to happen with all your cool, hot, fucking kick-ass characters. Same as you!
Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , Scattered Ambitions Scattered Ambitions , Ronan Ronan , Buckteeth Buckteeth

The last thing I want to say, I PROMISE:

This game is a conversation. It plays conversationally. When I post to you in this game, it will have a different tone than other RPs. I will be addressing you as your character, at all times. And I will be candid, direct, and as honest with as much information as I can give.

It may be jarring to start, but stick with me.

Teh Frixz Teh Frixz , Scattered Ambitions Scattered Ambitions , Ronan Ronan , Buckteeth Buckteeth

Holy cow, after looking at Teh Frixz Teh Frixz character sheet, I had no idea we could be that detailed! I might add some (a lot more) at a later point.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I read everything about the moves, but now I have question: do we have to make a 'move' every time we post?

Holy cow, after looking at Teh Frixz Teh Frixz character sheet, I had no idea we could be that detailed! I might add some (a lot more) at a later point.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I read everything about the moves, but now I have question: do we have to make a 'move' every time we post?
Oh no. For sure not. Moves only come in to play when they are triggered by actions. If there aren't triggers, RP proceeds as normal. Trust me, as we get into playing, it will make more sense. Just RP as you normally would for now.

Will we be doing most of our posts in 1st person or just this one? WlfSamurai WlfSamurai
I will absolutely be speaking directly to you in first-person. And asking direct questions. But, you are free to write how you most feel comfortable. And, if it makes you more comfortable, feel free to separate direct discussion/answers in a separate way, like a spoiler or something. Almost OOC-like. Whatever you prefer.

I'd like to still participate if I'm allowed. I was thinking of making a Faceless. I can make a cs today, if I'm still allowed to play.

How does one go about doing so?
Fantastic question. Normally, there are questions in the Hx section of your playbook. These are aimed at building relationships between characters. The number represents how well you know someone or how well you can predict what they will do. Not how much you like them.

Basically. in normal play around the table, you do the listed actions and work out assigning Hx to the characters around the table. Usually players do so in turns. In this case, that would take forever. So, instead, post the instructions that you have listed under your Hx section so people can choose which they want from your list. Then, choose one from each other character's list.

Does that make more sense?

Mercury

I don't know what it is or why my stomach feels like someone has their hands around it and is trying to rip it out but you are a curse to me. I love you, what you stand for. The beauty of the Golden Age makes my jaw drop, I can charm crowds with feats of ultraviolence but you show off a painting and leave me a stammering fool. I hate that I love you, It makes me feel small. Hx -1

Mercury

I don't know what it is or why my stomach feels like someone has their hands around it and is trying to rip it out but you are a curse to me. I love you, what you stand for. The beauty of the Golden Age makes my jaw drop, I can charm crowds with feats of ultraviolence but you show off a painting and leave me a stammering fool. I hate that I love you, It makes me feel small. Hx -1
Fantastic. Can you stick that into the main thread as well so we have record, please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back