• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy From The Sky We Fall

Clair O'Reilly, The Holy Knight

Clair stood silently in the centre of what used to be a quirky and welcoming town. A town that many children, women and men once called home. A town that was once a beautiful sight from both afar and within. A town that had held no sinners of note nor harboured criminals of any kind or description.

'The Town That Once Was' a new title Clair adorned it with and a title she swore she would never forget. For in just a night said town had been reduced to scrap, blood and gore. And for what? Well, that was indeed the question Clair intended to find out. And that was exactly what she did.

Clair searched the town for what seemed like aeons, hoping to find at least one survivor, for a clue, for peace of mind. However, all was for nought. Her efforts bore no fruit, everyone had been slaughtered and unfortunately that included the children. Whoever had done this was a monster in the truest sense. The body's of those around her were incomplete. Not a single corpse was in one piece. And it was clear some were toyed with in their final moments.

After her search, Clair made a return to the centre of the town and said a few prayers before leaving for her destination. The lone knight walked along the road at a relaxed pace and eventually after a great amount of time, reached the field moments after it had been regrown.

Clair came to a stop some feet away from the assembled group, unsure as to if she was truly in the correct place as a result of some 'interesting' characters. Namely the callosal beast.

However, her uncertainties were soon multiplied when her eyes fell upon the high priest "Lady Ligereza?". Clair had blurted this out in a more than surprised tone. In her three years as a holy Knight not once had she met the woman. And yet here she was stood in the middle of a field! It just didn't make sense at all, not to Clair, and it was shown easily upon her face.

"This has to be a facade of sorts, is this a ploy? Has Lucifer final come to tempt me?" Clair remarked in a sarcastic yet challenging tone.

Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen (open for interation)

Doran turns to Arielle, "Not enough rope huh. Well, that is an issue. Maybe you and I could go to town and find some." He says with a cheeky smile. FireMaiden FireMaiden Doran started to wonder what exactly was going on and also started to become disgusted by the monster soaked in blood. He dismounted from his horse and made sure his shield was firmly secured on his arm he looks to the 'Mouth' as he puts it. "I don't know what freak show you are selling but that thing eating humans doesn't strike me much as a king. A wild animal perhaps, demonic I can tell, but a beast none the less." Gravitational Force Gravitational Force He turns to the elderly man. "So why exactly are we here I'm assuming you called for us." Soon another person shows up Doran notices them but still looks to the elderly man.
Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen

d4eb6c43b0bb1342816cb65e8fc004a8.jpg Twilight had come to a clearing where their seem to be a group of people. The golden butterflies still flew around her. Her eyes focused on the two elders in the middle of the group. She felt a strong connection with them both. She hurried to the group and walked by the others without as much as glance towards them. "You two....." She said as she reached the. "Were you the ones calling me. I seem to...be feeling a strange to both of you." One of the golden butterflies landed on her shoulder as the others hovered around her head. She smiled at the two hoping she was right. Maybe they knew who she was. (by the way she's wearing exactly what you see in the pic)
FireMaiden FireMaiden Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer Kloudy Kloudy BlightGiver BlightGiver Vanessaaah Vanessaaah SRUNewman SRUNewman Deucalion Deucalion HorizonBringer HorizonBringer Nomad_Queen Nomad_Queen [/imageFloat]

Khaoul

Snapping out of his momentary stupor, Khaoul barely seemed to register what Xarien had said as he took another complacent bite of the dismembered arm. If he felt the imposing presence of anyone present, he didn't show it in the slightest. In fact he didn't seem to take much interest in any of the conversations, despite being able to hear it all with his enhanced hearing, until one of the armoured meats got off of a large meat and began referring to Khaoul. A ghastly grin slowly reached the demon's own face as he threw the partially devoured arm aside.

"Am I not a king? Do kings not conquer their enemies with mighty armies?" His smile was unnatural and almost seemed to be literally stretching across his entire face. Jagged teeth were bared as the grin actually became ear-splitting and his jaw lowered like a snake's would unhinge, "Go to the next town, Shiny Meat. See how kingly I am." His eyes creased in sick humour as bloodied saliva dripped from his grotesque jaw. Even the most stoic and dauntless of heroes would shudder at beholding such an unholy sight as this.

Then, darting physically faster than any human could, the jagged teeth sank into one of the man-halves instantly, almost blinking to it in a second. The following seconds after were filled with more crunching, ripping and tearing sounds, accompanied with the usual squishes and assorted liquid sounds. A distinctly evil laugh came from the monster as he threw his head back animalistically, flicking blood back from his hair.

"The meat dare question me! The meat?!" More laughter followed, and then Khaoul was at his feet again, pointing a taloned finger at Doran, "You do not believe me? Then I shall eat you, morsel. And I shall eat that meat you ride as well. I AM YOUR KING!" He ended his statement by yelling, a deep and dark demonic hint edging the loud and aggressive sentiment that was accompanied by a powerful pound of the chest. Khaoul was more than ready to kill this fool, should he not behave like a good meat should.

SRUNewman SRUNewman Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

Indicus looked around once more and saw a female knight, a male knight and some young woman in nothing but red ribbons keeping her barely modest He looked at the self proclaimed king pretty much unimpressed before deciding to get up. "Hey hinge head lets not antagonize each other till after we figure out what the hell is going on with Grandma and Grandpa here. After that I could give a fuck less if you ate one of the tin cans." Indicus spat, just annoyed that he followed some vision just to sit around a bunch of random people and hear them bitch and fight while the two who supposedly called them here say nothing

"My King!" Doran yells with a laugh. "If you are a king you are a king of corpses and that means a king of nothing. You are no king. You are nothing more than a wild animal who needs to be put down." Doran turns away from Khaoul. "You are nothing to me. Lowest scum who kills just because he enjoys it." He turns now to the elderly man again waiting for any answer he can get.
Kloudy Kloudy

SRUNewman SRUNewman
Xarien sighs and turns to the fool who thinks he's poetic. "Are you applying for work as an actor? Your dialogue is abysmal and more fit for a children's puppet show than the stage of this world. Tell you what though, I'll do you a massive favor and just end your idiotic life now before you embarrass yourself further."
Xarien gestures with the fingers of his right hand and several dozen metal needles streak at Doran. He makes the gesture two more times, resulting in a rain of poisoned needles coming at Doran from all directions. As they streak towards him Xarien calls out "if you survive I'll consider your name worth remembering."

Doran smirks at the man gesturing at him noticing the needles coming closer to him. "Well, you really put me in a predicament. What ever will I do." He says sarcastically. He looks over at the man and once the needles got right next to him he disappeared. he instantly appeared behind Xarien. "Maybe this would work." The needles to hit his horse and the horse fell over dead. "What a shame. Oh well." He teleports next to the old man. "Maybe trying being more creative in killing me, Skipper." He chuckles.
Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

Indicus watched the "fight" with exasperation. "I'm surrounded by fucking children." Indicus muttered under his breath having half a mind to end them all with well placed shadow tendrils to the gut or just the good old dagger across the throat Though the abomination seemed to be the most calm of the group not counting grandma and grandpa just standing there doing nothing so he did the logical thing and walked over to the "abomination" and spoke. "I don't know your name sir but you seem the most likely not to suddenly get into a fight over stupid shit so name's Indicus" Indicus held a hand out in greeting. BlightGiver BlightGiver

Xarien ignores the malcontent. Any fool who'd refuse to attack an obvious enemy didn't deserve more of his time. This whole thing was wasting his time.
He snaps his fingers and calls out. "All squads, form up!" and his soldiers file into position. Nothing like torture and the complete breakdown of personality to create a soldier.
"Round up any survivors. We'll see what comes of this." As his soldiers march off Xarien turns to the rest of those gathered. "Any concerns with my orders can be taken up with King Khaoul, First of His Name." He turns to Khaoul. "Anyone who questions what I've done in your name questions you, for it is your will I enact."
Kloudy Kloudy

Mog looked onward in mild annoyance, at the cacophony created by seemingly crazy people. "I guess it's as the saying goes; the crazy ones always look the most normal." He figured, while the negativity began to escalate over yonder. One who didn't follow this trend stepped away from the group; traversing around the two elders to get to Mog. The man introduced himself as Indicus, stating his displeasure at the immaturity over there. In return, Mog nodded; holding up the tip of his right arm, to use his vestigial hand to complete the handshake Indicus offered. He spoke, though the first part of his sentence sounded more liked an animalistic growl, "You can call me Mog.....no last name."

Whatever was happening while these two exchanged pleasantries began to pick up in turmoil, as some lunatic talking about his....mate, kin, or whatever, that pretended to be a ruler of sorts, spat more of their inane vitriol. "I guess the concept of silence is too difficult for those few to grasp, eh?" The gentle beast joked; trying to force a laugh, but found his body incapable of producing such a vocalization.

Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

Last edited:
Indicus chuckled and shook the blade like arm. "It seems to be so, nice to meet you Mog."

To Indicus Mog was very odd looking though also kinda bad-ass looking as well and to add Mog seemed to be a pretty nice guy once you got pass the appearance. Though Indicus had to admit the real monsters seldom looked like such. He had been hired to kill such monsters before.

Getting out of his internal musings Indicus looked at Mog again "So I can guess a headache and a vision of the field brought you here? I imagine you're not here for the stellar entertainment." Indicus finished pointing at the two bickering men.

"No headache or vision, just an annoying voice telling me to come here." Mog explained. "Although, I am extremely regretting that decision." So that means everyone else here received some indication to come. Odd; who would want to assemble complete strangers that shared little in common?

"Now that I think about it, that 'king' and his manslave's actions are becoming increasingly comedic and idiotic. All we would need is some snack food for this to become a show. Though, I doubt it would be filling." Mog joked once more, trying to stray the conversation away from himself as much as he could.

Indicus gave another chuckle. "As for who I believe it to be the elderly pair standing there. As for entertainment and snacks I think I could easily find a nearby place to get some jerky before everything starts." Indicus half joked

As Clair awaited a response from the high priestess tensions among the group began to spread like wildfire and in time eventually erupted into that of a fight. To be fair Clair could see as to why the said fight broke out and had she of been placed in a position where in which she could have made an attempt on the 'King's' life. Well, she would definitely have done so with pride. The 'King' reeked of blood and iron, his nails were harbouring flesh of a human assortment and his eyes showed no hint of remorse. He was a stone cold killer, cannibal and demonic in terms of aura emittance. Clair did not like him one bit nor his representative at that.

Clair, however, did somewhat admire the bold man who had taken up his sword against the tyrant pretender king. At just a glance Clair could tell he was a skilled swordsman and presumed undoubtedly that he was a knight by the way he carried himself. Not only that But Clair could also derive from the battle that he possessed overwhelming speed, so much so that he seemed to simply shift from one place to another. Clair was impressed and quite won over by his noble action.

Alas, all his actions were for nought. The Kind was left unfazed and the representative seemed to think of the fight as a game. Upon hearing his order Clair's hand immediately moved to, and tightened around, the hilt of her her sheathed sword. Her eyes were now cold and her stare was now cast firmly upon the representative. With an equally cold tone, she spoke aloud in response to his statement and the order he had given to his troops "My concern lies within the fact that both you and your 'King' seem to share a single brain cell between one another. Do you honestly wish to tell me that you have no recollection of the fact that everyone in that town was massacred by your order? Torn to shreds and cast aside like bags of meat and bone? If this is so then you are both to be pitied and brought to a swift death!". Clair did not once raise her voice as she spoke, nor did she lower it. Her voice was constantan and her stare only solidified her word as truth.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force SRUNewman SRUNewman Kloudy Kloudy

Uasal Uasal Kloudy Kloudy
Xarien sighs as another would-be hero makes her presence known. "My intelligence isn't in question. Yours on the other hand...you do see what he's already done, right? Or do you require a demonstration?"
As he speaks his soldiers finish rounding up the surviving townspeople and surround them. He leans in so only Clair can hear. "Now then, are we going to determine why we are all here or will you force my king to risk indigestion? Their lives rest in your hands." Xarien's face can't be seen behind his mask and his voice shows no sign of his intentions.

Clair stood firm as the 'King's' armies marched to and fro, gathering their prisoners and proceeding to surround them with their blades drawn. In Clair's opinion, It was the greatest sin of all to draw a blade upon an unarmed civilian with intent to slay them. Carrying through with the act, however, was not even to be described as sin for it was something much more than that. And so it was only right and just that Clair's stare turned from that of coldness to that of pent up wrath.

After the representative had finished his little piece Clair began to adorn a grin upon her face even going as far as to laugh somewhat as he awaited a response. With her grin quickly being replaced with that of a wrathful smirk Clair responded with quite a simple question "Are you challenging me?" she asked.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force SRUNewman SRUNewman Kloudy Kloudy

Xarien laughs. "Of course not. You have no leverage in this situation." He motions to one of the soldiers and a blank-eyed man steps forward. "Put your knife to your throat." The man complies.
Xarien turns back to Clair. "They'd rather die than disobey their king. People believe you need magic to control minds but I've found simpler methods. Now then: stand down and we can sort this out as befits civilized men. The other dolt already took up too much time, anything more and I'll need to interrupt his Majesty's meal. And I wouldn't do that unless I had another feast to give him. Like say, you. Or the survivors of the village." Xarien cocks his head. 'I think I hear a baby crying."

Tension had arisen so high, a brawl of sorts broke out between the two crazies and some sort of warriors. "I guess they should be stopped, but....." Mog passive aggressively stated, continuing his observation. Normally, this sequence of events would be what Mog stayed away from. Generally, people are complicated individuals, but the one thing you can always figure is their tendency for violence. Case in point the other side of the field.

Bluntly, he spoke, "As far as I would know, removing a limb or two from an animal is a good way to prevent it from moving and causing trouble. Whether or not those feeble fighters would be up for becoming physically disabled today is beyond me though." Mog's barely understandable tone had an air of slight condescension.

Khaoul

Khaoul was not entirely certain as to why the meats thought he was a 'pretender' king, he did rule over his subjects after all, but he decided it wasn't something he would concern himself with. No, the real issue at hand was that Khaoul had finished eating both the farmers know, red patches of gristle and giblets being testament to all that was left of them.

His mouth sealed itself back to a normal fashion and he stood from his crouching position. All this arguing and slandering was becoming tedious, and tedious things made Khaoul hungry. His expression grew distant as he approached Xarien and the newcomer, resting a hand on his advisor's shoulder.

"Worry not, Xarien. I will handle this." He was not cowardly as to allow his representative to fight his battles. His face was serious as he seemed to reclaim some sense of sanity, his eyes focused as he seemed to regard the knight with holy qualities.

"I am challenging you." He stated, also standing firm before the woman. The blood that had covered him seemed to be soaking away somehow, almost as if it was being sucked into his pores. The tension was clear as the two faced off and the demon's army watched on as they got busy with their servantly duties.

"Come, holy knight. It is your oath to slay all that is evil, is it not?" Khaoul stood bare before his opponent, no weapons, armour or equipment otherwise visible on his person. Indeed, it seemed the knight was about to do battle with an unarmed civilian. Thankfully, Khaoul was more armed than any who had fought him previously, both figuratively and literally. The only hint of weaponry came from the sharpened talons that extended like vicious fingernails. He suspected that this battle was what everyone present had been waiting for.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Uasal Uasal

Last edited:
Indicus watched as the cannibal walked up to handle the argument himself granting a small measure of respect from the assassin. "Well if I was a good citizen or hell even person then I probably would try to stop the fight, but I can't bring myself to care. If the young knight wins then we get rid of the narcissistic cannibal if she loses then we know a bit more about how the cannibal fights and one of the tin can's die." Indicus watched as the event reminded him about how idiotic people could be, even though carrying out contracts was enough, when most consisted of killing one noble for another.

Kloudy Kloudy
Xarien bows. "Of course my king." He moves back to his troops and at his command they bring forward a chair upon which he sits. Given further commands and Xarien's personal cook brings him his afternoon meal. Several pounds of roasted beef marinated in gravy and fresh baked pan bread. It was worth sparing the man for this Xarien reflects, especially he was more concerned with his own survival than who he was cooking for.

Clair listened closely to every word that left the representatives mouth in response to her question. The representative was clearly insane in more ways than not and his blatant disregard for human life in conjunction with the horrid stench he emitted only served to irritate Clair even further. And when he issued his order to the soldier, Clair's anger slowly began to surface.

With her facial expressions suppressed Clair's grip only tightened even further around her sword hilt. A low red glow had also begun to shine leak out through her sheath. With a monotonous voice, Clair made her final response to the representative in saying " The Almighty is all merciful but even he holds no place in his heart for the likes of you"

With that being said the 'King' himself finally approached Clair, his very presence turning her stomach sick let alone his appearance and body odor. None the less Clair stood steadfast in her position and upon being issued a challenge spoke boldly to the 'King' "You are correct by my oath I am bound to banish evil." With this said Clair dealt a blow to the king's chest with her free fist. The blow for a brief second seemed to be nothing more than a regular old punch however a shockwave soon followed and revealed the true extent of her punch's power. The earth beneath the two was torn apart viciously and sent sky bound before the razor sharp winds, the blast had also produced, diced it into fine dust. "However was I not to be oath-bound I would still banish you from this plane of existence!".

With her sentence finished the dust came to settle and what Clair saw before her shock her to the core momentarily. The king was still standing! "Demon spawn!"
Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Kloudy Kloudy

Xarien decides to try something new. Taking two slices of bread, he puts some of the beef between them. Ha, he can easily eat both without needing a knife or fork! He'd have to see about popularizing this once he'd gotten established. Looking up at the woman's attack, he decides it's not enough to truly threaten him if he needs to flee, so he merely motions his soldiers to move the survivors back. No sense risking resources on this. If the "King" dies he'll just retreat.

Khaoul

As the dust settled, the knight would indeed realise that Khaoul still stood tall as he stared down at her. Her fist would rest on his chest, which seemed largely undamaged. As the fist was removed, a slight layer of steam would rise off of the spot where the punch had landed, but no visible damage could be seen. In his clearer state of mind, Khaoul's perception on his surroundings kicked in. The harvest of this season had been in process of being harvested, so only half the field they stood in still had tall wheat remaining. He smirked with an uncharacteristically cunning smile as he brandished his right arm.

"An impressive blow. Allow me to..." The arm's muscles seemed to physically double in size as his large veins popped up all over it. A bloody red aura would appear for those who could see magic of such magnitude.

"... show you my power."

The punch seemed to materialise into the knight from the sheer speed of the blow, the force causing tremors in the ground and a blast of gust in the faces of those who watched. Khaoul let his arm rest in the position it was in as the larger dust cloud settled, steam coming off from his appendage. He did not expect the knight to have withstood the attack outright, but he would surely be disappointed if it killed her.

Uasal Uasal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back