• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy From the Roots

StoneWolf18

Within the Depths of a Dream

IMG_3701.PNG

From the Roots

There has always been one question that has tormented mankind for years on end. One that, no matter how hard we try, we are unable to find a solid, concrete, sure answer for that can be explained in terms other than religion or science.

What happens when we die?

Some believe of another plain of existence, a utopia or fiery furnace ready to reward the righteous and torment the damned. Others are more inclined to live life while they're sure they have it, spending every waking moment as if it were their last because they do believe that once they take that final breath, they are no more. Yet no amount of praying or researching is going to do much, at least not in the coming years. But one this, however, is for certain.

You... are dead.

Whether it was by accident, not looking both ways before you crossed the street. Unavoidable as you had some terminal illness. By your own doing in a desperate attempt at a final escape... you are now dead. A cooling corpse.

But not for long.

In the not so distant year of 2020, graveyards have become overpopulated. And with no place to bury in the bodies of dear departed loved ones, scientists have developed a much more nature friendly alternative. Locating an area in the middle of nowhere, they place the corpse within a pod that a tree is then grown out of, allowing it to become one with the earth and fertilize the soil. With it growing in popularity and necessity, a large forest now has been cultivated spanning many, many miles. Here you were buried amongst many others who had suffered a similar fate.

Almost.

Here is where you also begin to wake. The warm embrace of your tree's loving roots intertwined with yourself. Before long you begin to grow aware, eyes blinking open to bright rays of sunlight. You begin to notice how the tree slowly unravels itself, as if nudging you forth. Sitting up slow memoeires flood you mind of your final moments, immediately checking yourself for any wounds and of the like only to find none. More than confused by this odd occurrence, you slowly manage to stand, swaying slightly upon your bare feet as your gaze flicks around the small forest grove. Others are in the same state, and looking as mystified as yourself. It is already more than certain that you are in fact dead, otherwise those memories you hold wouldn't make any sense. So the questions now is...

Where are you?

And why?

Information

Hello! Name's Stone with her another roleplay idea. If you couldn't tell, this has a very fantastic vibe to it but also slightly scientific as I was inspired by the pod that had been developed to do something as was described above.

This is going to be a moderately detailed roleplay with about 2 meaty paragraphs with actual substance per post. I'll be accepting a minimum of three players without including myself with a "to be determined" maximum if it gains that much interest which in highly doubt.

Finally I would like to stress that, yes. I have a plot in mind. And yes, that above is extremely vague. But what would be the fun in spoiling everything now? Just be aware that this will include high fantasy themes. If you have any other questions or are interested, pleased do let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a unique concept.. I'd like to learn more about the plot before I say I'm interested, though

Sounds like a unique concept.. I'd like to learn more about the plot before I say I'm interested, though

Thats that's the thing. I have been intching to try out a concept where people basically go into a roleplay with little to no information as I feel most reactions from a character are only slightly less genuine if the writer knows the whole story cover to cover. Just my opinion, however as not many people are going to want to try this (unfortunately...)

As much as I'd like to say that I'd need more information before saying I'd join, I really enjoy the vague approach you're taking. That just makes it all the more intriguing to be able to write it out with everyone and see what happens. I'm definitely interested. ^^

As much as I'd like to say that I'd need more information before saying I'd join, I really enjoy the vague approach you're taking. That just makes it all the more intriguing to be able to write it out with everyone and see what happens. I'm definitely interested. ^^

Thanks! I do hate roleplays without specified plots per say but rest assured I do have an idea of where I want to take this!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back