• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Friend Computer Loves You

Thorn Darkblade

I know lots of things. Lots of things...
GOOD MORNING CITIZEN!!!

JOZCo.png

It's time to wake up! Isn't that just great? Waking up to another fantastic day in Alpha Complex? I sure know it is! How about a nice breakfast of Hot Fun and wash it down with some amazingly refreshing Bouncy Bubble Beverage? I'm so sorry, citizen! It seems the Hot Fun feeding tubes weren't properly cleaned last night. Most likely the doing of dirty Commie traitors! Don't worry, that rotten taste will fade in a couple hours! Aren't you just super excited though? Today is the first day of your new position as a Alpha Complex Troubleshooter, and your new RED clearance! Isn't that just wonderful? You'll be able to help Friend Computer fix any problems with Alpha Complex, and also deal with any of the Commies that are causing these problems, because without Commie Traitors, Alpha Complex is juuuuuust perfect!!!

You'll be assigned to a crew of fellow Troubleshooters, given proper equipment, and taught everything you need to know to be the best possible Citizen! And, with our newest testing facilities, we've reduced the chance of complete and total brain liquification to only 73%!!! Isn't that great, Citizen? Citizen, why aren't you smiling? Is...is something...NOT wonderful? You wouldn't happen to be a Commie, would you? No? Well, Friend Computer knows that's exactly what a Commie Traitor would say!

~*~*ZAAAAAAAAAP!!!!!*~*~

Paranoia is the game of a darkly humorous future, an Orwellian nightmare where an insane computer runs Alpha-Complex, an isolated city of loyal Citizens who, for the most part, just live their day to day trying not to die, but, honestly, the mandatory happiness drugs tend to make them not even worry about that. But, you, through accident, providence, or, perhaps, even self interest (You Commie!), you have moved out of the dredges of Infrared Clearance Citizenship and have moved up to Red clearance, and obtained a new job in the industry with the highest turnover rate (and, completely coincidentally, the highest mortality rate), the Troubleshooters, personal handymen of Friend Computer sent out to do whatever the heck Friend Computer thinks needs doing. Usually, it ends up pretty terrible for the Troubleshooters, but, hey, that's why you've got a family of clones to replace you! Yup, that's right, should you die, there are five more of you that can take your place!

Game Details:

-Rules System: Paranoia, 1st Edition (West End Games)

-Supplements Used: (SECURITY CLEARANCE NOT SUFFICIENT)

-House Rules: (SECURITY CLEARANCE NOT SUFFICIENT)

-Game Master: Thorn Darkblade   FRIEND COMPUTER

-Current Troubleshooters:

Psssst. Down here. This is totally secret and classified information!!! Paranoia often blends OOC and IC actions. Discussing rules that are not your security clearance, other than a simple 'How do I do X?' can be considered Commie Traitor knowledge! You will die. A LOT. This isn't the kind of game you play to win, or even to survive, but to have fun. There is a STRONG chance your first character might run out of clones within the first story arc, and almost assuredly by the second. It'd be a miracle to still be playing the same character by the third, although less likely things have happened. In any case, you can always make a new Troubleshooter should your first bite the dust. Six times.

This will be fun. I volunteer to quash all those Commie Mutant Traitors!

But if the answer is available at my Security Clearance: Why 1st Edition?

Last edited by a moderator:
One, because it's super fatal, and also super simplistic. 

Two, because I recently acquired several crates (no exaggeration) of old rpg books, including the old West End Games version of Paranoia, boxed set, and a ton of supplements for it. All highly classified information though, so I can't tell you more.

Yeah, but I don't have that stuff. I have a crate of 1st ed stuff. It'll be fun though, I promise!

Besides, when has Paranoia EVER been about the rules?

Thank you for the tag! Alas, I just don't have the time. I actually had to drop some stuff recently. Best of luck!

I'll keep it in my list of interests, I'm also kind of strapped for time at the moment, especially with university starting up again at the end of the month. Once I get my schedule in the next week or so, I'll have a definite yes or no for you, it certainly seems like a fun concept for a light-hearted but violent RP xD  I'm still trying to find my way around the site since the update, I have yet to find all the old RPs I was in, so I may have some openings if some of them have vanished into the ethereal cyberspace void xD

Well, this'll probably be a super casual game, and I mean, I can institute a rule where I zap players that disappear (non-responsive clones are failures, and mostly likely commies, after all), so missing players won't delay the game

Thanks for the tag. These games normally aren't my style, though, so I'll regretfully have to decline. Good luck and have fun, though!

I am not rich, and will make a poor player, and certainly do not count enough to be 'many' players when I have never paranoia'd before, but if you can withstand slow posting, I am yours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back