• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Free Men. [OOC]

Endgame

Free until they cut me down.

35f932eda1a20fc30948050ae468c0c4.jpg

F R E E M E N .

The Republic of Pirates is the nomenclature for the base or stronghold run by a group of privateers-turned-pirates in Nassau on New Providence island in the Bahamas, previously an English colony. Although not an official state or republic, it is governed by its own informal 'Code of Conduct', known as the Pirate code, which serves as the basis of their claim that their rule of New Providence constitutes a form of 'republic'. According to the code, pirates run their ships democratically, share plunder equally, and select and depose their captains via popular vote. Many of the pirates in Nassau were once privateers, unemployed since the end of the Queen Anne's War, or ex-sailors, who had revolted against the tyrannical conditions on merchant and naval ships. In Nassau, slavery is abolished and all men stand equal regardless of their former standing. African, Irishmen, and Jacobites alike can be equal members of the crew. Similarly, although exceedingly rare, women who have proven themselves as effective fighters have also been rumoured to sail the Black.

Historically, Queen Anne ruled Britain from 1707-1714 and was succeeded upon her death by King George I. At the start of our story, in the year 1715, threatened by the Republic and its deleterious impact on maritime trade, every civilized nation from England to Spain declares the pirates of Nassau 'hostis humani generis', enemies of all mankind. The pirates adhere to a doctrine of their own in kind, war against the world and any who threaten to take the island from them. However, in Nassau the idiom "there's no honour among thieves" could hold no truer. There's a power struggle in Nassau, just as the British Navy and her allies set sail to reclaim what was once theirs.

c-1750-nassau-harbour-long-shot.jpg

[+] A Pirate's Code: Rules & Guidelines for Free Men

(1) All site rules apply, make sure to follow them.

(2) Four decent paragraphs for each post is required. Each paragraph should be at least four sentences or more with an attempt at proper grammar..

(3) Be realistic. Work cooperatively. Don’t jack the thread. Don’t hold the thread up. If you fail to post for 2-consecutive weeks without communication your character either walks the plank or meets the noose. If you are going to absent for a little while, let us know so we can work around your inactivity in the interim.

(4) Be mindful of another’s story. There will be lots of room for little personal quests and character development along the way. Don’t jump in and make someone else’s drama about you. We are all here to have fun. If you are dragging down the RP with negativity or personal issues, you'll be booted.

(5) Post order. I am not the biggest fan of post order because it tends to hinder progression; however, two (2) other players must post before you are allowed to post again. This is to discourage speed-posting, thread-jacking, and progressing your character's storyline beyond the timeline of everyone else's. With approval, I may override this rule from time-to-time.

(6) Communicate. Communicate with one another and with the team. This is a joint effort and I want everyone to feel like they are a part of the team.

[+] A PROCLAMATION for Suppressing of PYRATES: Character Sheets

----

By the king,

A P R O C L A M A T I O N

HPw8xn0.png

For the effectual reduction and suppression of PYRATES and PRIVATEERS in the Americas.

We do hereby declare, that in Case any Person or Persons, on, or after, the 6th Day of September, 1715, shall discover or seize, or cause or procure to be discovered or seized, any one or more of the said Pyrates,...shall have and receive as a Reward for the same, viz. for every Commander of any pirate Ship or Vessel, the Sum of £100[,] for every Lieutenant, Master, Boatswain, Carpenter, and Gunner, the sum of £40[,] for every inferior Officer, the Sum of £30[,] and for every private Man, the Sum of £20.

GOD Save the King

------

Character sheets will be posted in the Free Men Characters Compendium (TBA). At the start of the story, characters may be unaffiliated.

Name.

Alias. (if applicable)

Age.

Appearance. (pictures allowable)

Occupation. (if affiliated with a ship, ship name and position)

Biography.

[+] Questions, Comments, Concerns

Feel free to shoot a PM if you have any questions or comment below.

[+] Links

[+] Character Compendium

[+]
Recruitment

[+] In Character (TBA)

Last edited:
SivOmega SivOmega SunSmurf SunSmurf Xero Xero @hearts

Between RL and the site going down for a week I've been a little out of the loop with this project. Thank you for your interest and posting your characters. I'm just checking in to see if all parties are still interested in this RP and moving forward with the IC. I'm going to bump the recruitment again to see if we can snag interest with other players. If you are still game and are interested, just holler below in this OOC so I know. Unfortunately it looks like IMGs may be down. I'm not sure if we can repost IMGs or if presently it is no longer an option.

@Hell-Jumper, you've expressed interest but haven't posted a character yet. If you are still interested in the RP, need some guidance for a character etc.etc. send me a message.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back