• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Four Suits Volume 1.5

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
[class name=Guin] width:250px; height:250px; background:url('https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/012/898/470/large/svetlana-tigai-prophet-advanced-layers.jpg'); border:1px solid #ffcc00; background-size:240%; background-position: 80% 20%; display:block; margin:auto; center; [/class] [class name=bg] background:#660000; border:1px solid #ffcc00 ; padding:10px; color:#fff; [/class] [class name=font] font-size:15px; line-height:20px; text-align:justify; padding:10px; [/class] [class name=gname] font-size:30px; color: #ffcc00; font-weight: bold; [/class] [class name=img] width:600px; height:300px; background:url('https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/7/77/Paling-ffxii.png/revision/latest?cb=20170905202901'); background-size:130%; background-position:center; margin:auto; center; [/class]
[div class=bg] [div class=Guin][/div]
[div class=gname] Queen of Hearts [/div]

Interaction/s: @Athanas vielpotato vielpotato Mention/s: @Spellsword_Kirov

[/div]
[div class=font] Guineverre detached herself from Cassius upon seeing a particular white-haired man stepped out of the standing mirror. It was none other than Samael- a man who had pledged his loyalty to her despite originating from a different kingdom. He was on the same boat as the sweet Queensguard in the room, except Samael’s loyalty was uncalculated yet fortunate chance unlike the other.

The Queen of Hearts could still remember when a mirror unexpectedly arrived on her doorstep a month ago. It was to her surprise when Samael emerged from it and told her he has been searching for his savior for years. Of course, she was more than ready to toss him inside her secret chamber, until he explained himself and revealed that she unwittingly rescued him from a rogue necromancer’s clasps. She came to the conclusion that the whole ordeal might have happened after she lost to Leolin during the Ace Tournament a few years ago. Let’s just say she had been busy during the timespan of her disappearance and rise to Queenship.

Nonetheless, Samael also held a potential as great as he claimed his devotion to be. The Queen has never met anyone with reign over mirrors and the fact that he could access the Mirror Realm were enough motivation for her to keep him.

A smirk tugged at Guin’s lips after Samael delivered the news. She had given him a special task in order to prove his worth and she was pleased that he didn’t disappoint. The sound of heels clicking against the floor echoed throughout the room as the Queen moved to stand a few steps from the light-haired male.

“Good job, Samael. I knew you wouldn’t let me down. ” she began, looking pleased. “Go and bring him there. After all, our guest deserves nothing but the finest of welcome.”

Upon making sure that Samael has left the room, Guineverre turned to face Cass. There was a sweet smile present on her face- a great contrast to the deviousness she has exhibited a few seconds ago. “Dear, I’m sorry our moment has been interrupted, however, I am expecting an important guest.” she said before turning on her heels to walk towards the enchanted mirror. Guin paused just as she was about to enter, opting to peek over her shoulder to give the man a silent cue to follow her, before completely disappearing into the Mirror Portal.

It wasn’t long before she reemerged from a similar-looking mirror, only this time in an entirely different yet familiar environment. The portal led to a spacious closed hall, a golden chandelier powered by magic being the only source of light inside. Numerous bookshelves filled with books of different kinds were lined up on its right side while two doors sat tightly locked on the left. On its center was a long-table covered by a red tablecloth with wooden chairs by its sides. The room would’ve looked elegant under decent lighting but the lack of light and cold temperature easily made it seem eerie.

The Queen took a seat at the head of the table.

Indeed, this was an avenue for and of her learning. She lost track of the sleepless days and nights she has spent inside the very halls studying. Neither could she count the number of hours she spent in the rooms around it. In fact, Guineverre has been spending her free time (no matter how little they may be) in the place ever since she gathered mana samples from a particular Flushe- Two. The Ace of Hearts has shared his fight with the said terrorist to her and she was astounded when she found out about his semi-immortality. Fortunately, she was still able to collect Two’s lingering mana a few days after the attack, and she has been studying it whenever she could ever since.

So far, her efforts have led her to a shocking albeit fascinating discovery. At first she suspected that the magic involved was necromancy. She was right, but also not. It appeared that necromancy wasn’t the only magic at work. There were hints of a riveting mana signature she had neither seen, heard, nor read about before even during her personal pursuit of knowledge. To make it more interesting, she has reason to believe that the mysterious magic involved dated centuries ago and it didn’t belong to Two. Someone, or something, out there was close to achieving the impossible.

Whoever, whatever, and wherever they were; Guineverre will find them.

[/div]

Sixteen people, four from each of the kingdoms, sign up in their own kingdoms to duel for the royal position that they wish for. The first one, being the Jacks who are in charge of the economy of each kingdom, start to be signed up for. While three of the four kingdoms still have an Jack, the Spades have lost their previous one to unknown reasons. The other three kingdoms still fight out in a tournament style not to replace a missing one, but to ensure that the current Jack is the best fit for the job.
After being registered, fighters are put in a duel to figure out who will be competing in the finals, while the winner of the finals would have to go up against the current Jack of their kingdom. The only exception would be with the Spade kingdom, as the winner of the Finals would become the Jack and help figure out who would be the new Ace of their kingdom. After all of the contestants are ready to fight, the crowd roars in the names of their ideal winners, be it the person in which their ideals fall in line with or the person they put their money with. The viewers await the battles, despite the role of Jack has perhaps the most violence free ties along with it. The fights start soon, but the winners of each round and even the upcoming Jack seems to be figured out by the viewers. Yet, their enjoyment of the show is not lessened even a bit.
@ everyone, open to watch/interact with contestants

Last edited:
Samael bowed before his queen, backtracking into the mirror again, only to go into his Glass World. Noting the mirror the guest had, Samael pulled the mirror open and exited into a prison holding area where his guest and the Jack were at having tea. “Sorry to bother you, my guest and Jack, however the True Queen wishes to meet our Guest. May I recommend cooperating, for that will be the most useful.” Samael said, as the mirror levitated over to where Jake and Twig were at as it slid into the bars and was a size large enough for one to enter.
Jake smirked, as his ride out of here has finally arrived. “Twig, I’m sorry to say that the plan for lunch must be changed. I hope we could have it in your kingdom after our meeting with the Queen, since you should know what is good over there. After you?” Jake said, getting up and handing Twig’s staff over to him, hoping that Twig would go with him. “I also wish we could go see that tournament after, if at all possible.” Jake said, motioning for Twig to take the staff and head inside the mirror.
Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

There were several ways that Twig knew that would allow him to get food from the kitchen and back without making a scene. The easiest of which was to hide it as torture. There was no doubt that prison food was as bland as bread, so even something as simple as a hearty bowl of soup would probably be pretty torturous to smell-- not that it would ever be used as such. Doing such a thing to Silvern was like a sin in Twig's eyes.

But that all changed when with the arrival of the newcomer. The frizzy-haired newcomer emerged from the hand mirror that was laying with the rest of Silvern's personal effects. From what it seemed, he was offering Silvern a way out. And recommending that Twig go along. Twig could imagine that the consequences of going against the man's recommendation probably weren't good. But how would they get out? There was a jail cell door in their way, wasn't there?

It was at that moment that Twig realized that the guard had never actually closed the jail cell door. The entire time, the door was loosely open.

"Silvern, you had all this at the tip of your fingers this entire time?" Twig asked, accepting his staff from his silver-haired crush, "Couldn't you have left much sooner?"

This was a dilemma for Twig. The right thing to do in this case would be to stop them. He shouldn't let a prisoner escape, no less a Joker. However, Twig knew that he couldn't fight the frizzly-haired boy and Silvern. They would easily overwhelm him, not to mention, there was no way he was going to fight Silvern, who was charming, spirited, and likable. Twig knew that his heart would break if he were to fight his lover. So refusing was out of the question.

It wasn't really a bad situation for Twig. Twig wanted to spend as much time as possible with Silvern. The little 'interrogation' was too short to be satisfying. Also, access to the Heart's kitchen would allow for Twig to dish out his special pizza recipe; the one he perfected with Cillian.

Though if Twig were to join Silvern in his little joyride, Twig knew that there were issues there too. Once the Diamonds were to find the empty cell, their first suspect would most definitely be himself, Twig. He had requested to interrogate the prisoner, and immediately afterward, the prisoner, along with Twig himself, vanished into thin air.

However, if Twig were to mask the scene as simply a kidnapping, it would shift the blame off of him. It would simply seem like carelessness on the part of the Diamonds for not more securely confiscating Silvern's items. Yes. That would be Twig's solution.

"Of course I'll go along with you," Twig said to Silvern with a twinkle in his eyes. He turned to the snowy-haired boy, "After the meeting, is there any chance you could send us to the Jack's tournament? I was originally going to ask William to do it for me, but that's out of the question now."

"I'm going to make sure I'm not suspicious after all of this," Twig said, looking at the mirror magician and Silvern, "So I'll need you two to join me immediately after I go."

Twig knocked over his chair then mustered all of his acting power. As loud as he could (which wasn't very loud), Twig shouted with feigned terror, "No! Where are you taking me? No! Help! Someone help me!"

After finishing his false plea for help, Twig winked at Silvern before turning around and heading into the mirror, not knowing what awaited at the other side.

But even despite his blindness towards his destination, Twig didn't expect to be ejected into such an environment as he found himself in. It was a dark, cold, and gloomy room lit only by one overhanging chandelier. The entire right-hand side was covered with rows upon rows of bookshelves, and in the center of the room, there was a table. And sitting there was no other than Guin, the Queen of Hearts.

"G-Guin?" Twig asked as he picked himself off from the floor where he had fallen. He more than confused. What was the Queen of Hearts doing, requesting the presence of a Joker? And where in the world were they?

"Guin, please explain," Twig entreatied the taller monarch, "What is going on?"

vielpotato vielpotato . D O V E . D O V E

Last edited:
10 of Clubs, Maxwell

...It was then the Dryad prepared to its last resort to take us down. The huge creature stood it's ground as it powered up it great and dangerous laser. It was this though was it's a downfall as once it started charging it's attack. While it charged, I and my fellow companions figured out the location of its core. With this knowledge, I charged at the Dryad with my sword as the other kept the plant ever growing vines off me. It was at the end of this charge that plunged my sword down its mouth and ruptured the core. I then quickly retreated as fast as I could, leaving my sword behind as the Dryad began shaking violently. Then suddenly it collapsed to the ground with no sight of life in it...

Maxwell was writing this down in his personal journal he one day plan you use for biography when he believed the time was right to do so. He decided not to write down some of the more minor details of what happened afterward, such as how in the days to follow the Dryad defeat Maxwell had hired minors and woodcutter to go into the monster body and collect it's core as it seemed to still give off magic even after the Dryad death. During the minors work they also found the bark around the core to be magically, so Maxwell had that collected as well. Core, which was previously ten feet in diameter and now mined and split into severel pieces. These pieces were then transported to one of the Clubs most secure banks, with access to it limited to Maxwell and the other he defeat the beast. He made sure to let his companies know they were free to take what material they needed from the shared account whenever they needed it.

Maxwell himself took some material to get a magic item forged to help defend himself and kingdom in whatever dark events were to come...
Maxwell traveled to the Diamond Kingdom after hearing rumors of a craftsman who could replicate objects with the use of there magic. Maxwell hoped to find her and have her make a proper container to use the powers of one of Dryad core crystals, such as amulet. With him, he had his money, the crystal for himself, a pouch some smaller ones for payment, and an old schematic for the type of amulet he needed the crystal to be in.

Even he had the general idea of the city the craftsman was in, the details ended their which has brought him to the market asking a question about the craftsman in hope getting the next direction of where to go.

Blue guards in civilian clothing began to catch wind of someone asking around for their commander, a group of them, 5 to be exact, got up from a nearby bar and approached Maxwell, they had blue armbands with the diamond symbol on it, signifying they were immune to most laws and rules, the surround Maxwell and glare at him, “You got some balls asking around like that..” one said, “Yeah you have no idea what kinda can of worms you just opened..” said a female guard, one of the Heavy unit’s division guardsmen took out a pair of handcuffs, “Consider yourself under arrest” the man said, they planned on taking him to their commander so she can deal with him as she wishes.

Maxwell looked at surrounding guards and sighed. Other than the annoyance of the current problem Maxwell was curious as the rather this seemingly random arrest was do his orcish heritage. ...a question for later… Maxwell thought to himself. "Gentleman and madams, I am just simply wanting to an item crafted for me. So I came here hoping to find one I heard rumors about." Maxwell said putting his hands up. "If I could just speak to the commanding officer I'm sure we can sort things out like civilized people," Maxwell said, letting himself be handcuffed.

The heavyset guard applied the cuffs to Maxwell and chuckled, “Oh you will, no guarantees she will let you live afterward..” he said, the group then lead him towards a hidden entrance that would lead to the castle's dungeon. There was a special room for interrogations that would be frowned upon by normal. Interrogators, he was forcibly sat down as they waited. As the word went up to the chain of command, Thruma would soon enter with her special handpicked guards.

“So.. There are rumors of me outside of the diamond kingdom?” she asks as she steps into the room, “I don’t suspect a leak, but I suspect a royal within the kingdom has seen me switch to normal attire for what I'm classified at doing… Anyways.” she leans forward into his face, “What in God’s name do you want with me?” she asks coldly, like the ice queen she is. “Because I’ve grown quite acquainted with telling how someone is lying..” she said as some of her guards went through his belongings. She walked over and examined them, blueprints among other items, “What’s with all this?” she asks, actually interested. The blueprints specifically.

Maxwell looked around his surrounds the whole way to the dungeon. As he traveled he knew he would need to be careful as wherever he was going, the law wouldn't fully be applied anymore. Maxwell grunted as he placed in the chair but he kept his composer and waited for the commander to arrive. When she did Maxwell made sure to stay calm and keep his gentlemanly personality. "That madam is schematics for the amulet to hold a magical crystal from the core of dryad, that I help killed. The one that was marching to the Club capital." Maxwell stated calmly rubbing his hands were the cuffs were. "What I want is simply for you or whoever the craftsman is who can do this is to make it the amulet so I can properly use the crystal. I do have a way to properly pay as well for the work. I'm sure you can find a use for pieces of a dryad core as well." Maxwell said stated thinking the last statement would catch the commander's interest.

Thruma calmed a bit and her inner mad inventor kicked in, “Dryad’s huh? Don’t believe I’ve heard of one of those. At least not in a long while. But if you’re willing to look for me so I could craft such an item. Must be powerful..” she narrows her eyes, “..What are your intentions with such an item?” she asks as she sets the schematics down and awaiting his answer. If the amulet is something powerful enough to make him that’s if he has powers to begin with-surpass her in level, even if he isn’t a royal or anything, if he has ill intentions, this could be bad.. “Because if it’s something like say.. Black magic or something.. I’ll have your head added to my collection..” she stated sternly, quickly summoning a flintlock and an ax.

"A dryad is a massive giant made of wood and plants. A truly awesome creature when you walking from a distance." Maxwell explained. "My intentions? Well if you truly want to know its nothing for evil purposes. The opposite really. As you can full well tell their big problem the kingdom will be facing here soon and I want to be prepared strong enough to help me through this difficult time." Maxwell explained still calm even with the threats of beheadings and the commanders stern voice. "... By the way, it has occurred to me have yet to introduce myself. My name is Maxwell Jacob or if you're a fan of my books, M.J." Maxwell said extending of cuffs hands to the commander to shake.

She perks up and blushes a tad, “Wait...THE Maxwell Jacob?” she asks timidly, she shook her head and clears her throat, “Ahem… Yes. I have.. MJ.” she said, snapping her fingers, soon the guards removed his cuffs, “Consider yourself a. VIP within the castle.” she said, “Stick with me alright?” she said, her voice a whole new tone of kind..sorta. “We can use my engineering room, should have all the tools there, just in case we need to tune something eh?” she added, giving a slight smile. ‘Oh my god, it’s him! It’s actually him!’ she thought to herself, trying not to fangirl shrike and faint.

Maxwell was a bit caught off guard how much just giving his name worked. ...Well good to know my books are doing well in the diamond kingdom at least… Now, let's hope I don’t disappoint my fan... Or who knows what trouble that will cause... Maxwell thought to himself as he shook hands with his new found fan. “Thank you for the newfound hospitality. It’s always nice to meet fans of my work and to know my books are doing well in the diamonding kingdom.” Maxwell said mildly joking at the sudden change of his situation as he was released from the cuffs. “Sounds good, just lead the way and I’ll follow my dear...” Maxwell said rubbing his arms where the cuffs were. Maxwell looked to his fan and could easily notice her change in composer, mainly because she was now smiling a little and seemingly holding back her excitement. This, in turn, started to make Maxwell nervous as he never had to deal with many big fans of this nature or importance before.

Thruma lead the way towards her workshop, while they walked, she tried to remain silent but couldn’t help but ask about newer issues of his novels, and any continuations of ones she’s finished, hoping she isn’t getting carried away, even she feels a bit terrible for asking questions he’d feel forced to answer when surrounded by ruthless killers and cutthroats...are they the same thing? Anyways, they soon reached her engineering room. It was organized and clean, few weapons here and there along with Argo items, trying to see how they work. “This is the room where the magic, literally and figuratively,” she said as the three guards that followed, remained outside. She clears a spot to work and clears her throat. “Alrighty, shall we get to work?” she asks, snapping her fingers as her clothes go from clean pressed tailored blue and gold, to a brown and white dirty engineer outfit in the blink of an eye, and a slightly bright glow. Nothing revealed nor hinted besides the same old figure anyone could see. “The clothes may be changed but the stains remain sadly,” she said shyly.

Maxwell wasn’t sure how to respond to his fan questions on his newer novels at first as he usually just kept details of that nature to himself. But he soon figured it wouldn’t hurt to answer some of the questions. So answered the questions he could without giving away spoiler to the new plots and explained that he was working on the last few chapters of his latest book which would wrap up of the storyline from that series. As they entered the engineering room Maxwell took a moment to look around the workshop. “You have a very impressive work area here ms….” Maxwell said as he realized he never did learn the woman’s name. Maxwell then coughed and walked over the table his fan has cleared off. “Yes let’s get to work,... Well mostly you as this is your linework then mine” Maxwell said he grabbed the Dryad core crystal from his pocket. Then the woman changed her outfit using magic. “Stains or no stain that is still is a very impressive trick,” Maxwell said placing the crystal on the table next to the schematic for the amulet.

“T-Thanks!” she said happily, “Anyways, I do believe I forgot to give you my name. It’s Thruma.” she said, looking over the schematics. The materials seemed pretty standard, besides one or two, that she might need a sample of to actually understand them properly, “This seems relatively easy. The only issue I see is a few materials I’ve never used or heard of, surprisingly..” she said, “If at all possible I’ll need to find a way to put the core into it properly, doesn’t seem like I’ll be able to just.. Slip it in.” she said shyly, examining the core a bit more, “And there is no way for me to understand how this core works, what it’s made of, so on and so forth."

"Thruma, that is a nice name. I may have to note that down for future characters in my books. If you don't mind of course." Maxwell said kindly after Thruma gave her name. Then came the details of how difficult the amulet would be to make. "I see… is it possible for you possibly use different materials than the ones in the schematics instead of the ones you don't know of… And if I'm sure you will be able to figure out how to get the crystal in. If needed I do have the pouch of other crystal for your reward. We can see if they would be a better fit for amulet." Maxwell stated giving the best suggestions with limited understanding of jewerlying and other craftsman skills. "Also is truly an issue if don't understand the core completely? The magic type in it is that of nature if that helps any." Maxwell adds giving what detail he thought would be helpful.

She smiled a bit at the mention of her name being a character, but to the task at hand! “Well, I suppose I can substitute the materials.. Just hope it keeps the magic stable..” she said, taking the gem into her hand, “Well, here’s hoping, if I fail, I’ll compensate you, I have tons of funds that I barely use so..” she stated, closing her hand and working her magic, taking a deep breath as she creates the amulet, it took a minute, as she needed to imagine it perfectly while also making sure to not pierce the gem.. Soon, it was done, she opened her hand and in her palm was the amulet, chain and all. “Wow.. “ she mumbled to herself, taking a Loupe to examine the smaller stuff, “... It’s perfect, didn’t pierce the gem, didn’t scratch it, all the workings are around it while holding it in place..” she stated, handing it to him. “I’ll need to look into what magic items those gems can power.. If anything at all,” she added.

Maxwell gave Thruma a thumbs up as he slowly backed away as she began working her magic to create the amulet around the crystal. He was roughly ninety-nine percent certain this would work out but just to be safe he wanted to have a little distance between him and her. Once it was all done Maxwell back over to Thruma. “Well done, very well done,” Maxwell said taking the amulet and handing Thruma the pouch of crystals. “If it helps any I saw the Dryad summon vines to entangle me and also charge to possibly shoot a beam. Those could be a good starting point in figuring that ” Maxwell commented as put on the newly made amulet on himself.

After putting on the amulet Maxwell felt the nature magic course through him. Maxwell looked at his hand and moved them about. “Truly well done, these feel quite good,” Maxwell said as he moved his hand up. That’s when he noticed a potted yellow flower nearby. Then Maxwell looked back to his hand before raising his hand in the direction. Then almost instantly the plant grew twice its size and started to grow further with the pot starting to crack. Once he noticed the pot starting to crack Maxwell quick reversed the increased size of the plant. “Well, I think it works my dear.” Maxwell putting his hand in pocket to avoid accidentally increase the size of more nearby plants.

Thruma takes the payment and sets them aside. She jumped a bit at the sudden growth of the plant, “Well then, that’s quite interesting..” she stated, “Well if you ever need to see me again, tell the guards, ‘Blood diamonds are the purest diamond’. They’ll know what it means, and they’ll take you to me.” she added. This was an eventful day.

Blood diamonds are the purest diamond… interesting code. Well until next time, have a wonderful evening.” and with that said Maxwell left the castle and began his trek back home...

Maxwell only arrived back from the diamond kingdom a few days ago. Once he did he quickly registered himself for upcoming Queen tournament. He knew the Jack position held by a deserving man but with the queen and king spot now vacant. Maxwell choice to go after the queen position as he was versed in law and justice than in the military. Maxwell only hoped that someone with the need experience and knowledge would fill that role. Which now brings us to present were Maxwell is practicing his magic with the power of the amulet as he awaits the tournament for the queen of clubs postion.

H3LLJUMPER_177 H3LLJUMPER_177 (collab)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back