• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Four Suits- Vol.1 Jokers and Kings

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
106370-200.png

Wild Card - Aquila Herrera - Leader of the Jokers

Aquila nodded to Isaiah's words, though she vehemently disagreed with many of them. Unlike him, the Crone's lack of solid alliance didn't worry her. She had grown accustomed to the Crone after being trained and inspired by the woman. The feeling Aquila had felt when she first saw the Argossian empire couldn't be replicated. It was simply magical. Nothing could take that away. However, the matter at hand wasn't a trust of crone. It was a trust of Crone's friends. That was something even Aquila could not provide.

"I'm not afraid of her friend," Aquila told Isaiah, picking up the coordinates once more. "Unless she has somehow summoned a royal to meet me, I doubt I am at risk. You can lead the mobilization spies against the jacks."

Then Aquila looked at the coordinates again and considered that the idea that a royal being summoned to fight her wasn't completely out of the realm of possibility. What if the Crone was friends with a Jack or, hell, an Ace? After all, who did the Crone really align herself with? What if a year worth of work all fell apart in a moment because of a spiteful old woman?

"Or you could send a captain to mobilize our troops," Aquila said, though she was not too fond of the idea. Even Borat, whom she adored, was not prepared to lead spies against royals. "And you can take the risk with me. Either way, I'm going."

And with that, Aquila stuffed the coordinates in her pocket and headed over to the wall. She grabbed a long-barreled 0.5-caliber rifle off the wall and slung it over her shoulder. She also grabbed a large shoulder bag to carry any additional ammunition that would be necessary. She raised an eyebrow at Isaiah, beckoning him to choose.

Plutoni Plutoni

Last edited:
Bered Karling- Jack of Diamonds

Bered remained silent as William laid down his law. He would fight if he had to after all it was his job as a royal to defend his people, He also didn't feel like getting beat into a pile of broken bones by William. Still his mind wasn't going to be swayed easily, war was expensive, the jokers were already a big enough pain in the royals ass to deal with. Of course there was the fact that he didn't have all the information that was available. Maybe the spades were completely broke and couldn't afford to stay afloat. No that wasn't the case, he doubted that even if they were desperate the Jack of spades wouldn't let them get that low on funds.

Bered lost his train of thought when William ordered him to go find Ire. "I will find her as qui-" before he could finish he was interrupted by being sucked into a portal. "ck as I...dammit..." Bered sighed his curse as he realized he was teleported somewhere else. Bered looked around the room, knowing that William wanted him to find Ire he was probably somewhere near her. He just had to figure out what room he was in and where she was.
Kloudy Kloudy Anaxileah Anaxileah

Stella Evlyn- Jack's Claws

Stella blinked in confusion, A moment ago the Ace of Diamonds, Queen of Diamonds, King of Hearts, and Bered were standing in front of her and now they weren't. She didn't even see the portal that took Bered but she managed to catch sight of the one that took the other three. She turned her head and looked around to see what the crowds reactions were. Most of them had dispersed while the remainder was starring in awe at the spot the Royals and ace were just at. Sighing lightly she walked back to the carriage and hoped on to the driver bench next to Elwys. "Where'd they go?" he asked her. "No idea. Probably best if we go back to Jack's place and wait for our next orders" she told him. A moment of silence passed as the two sat there. "Were going to the king's palace to go pick up the boss instead of waiting for orders aren't we?" Stella only responded with a nod and the carriage set off.

053557a2715a1310c3335b06752d3fdd.png

Incessant dripping. The only sound that perforated Iridesca's hearing was the perpetuous sound of water hitting the ground at an almost-steady pace. Had it been at a regular rate, perhaps it wouldn't have bothered the blind woman. To others, the sound wouldn't even register to their ears as much as it would continue to do so for Ire. The source of the sound was an icicle penetrated by the rays of the large orb of gaseous heat in the sky, towards which Ire was inwardly cursing. The warmth of the sun was causing the icicle to melt at an incredibly slow pace on such a cold morning, resulting in the slow release of water droplets one by one, almost two seconds between each drop.

With a soft groan, Ire removed herself from the meditative position she was in before and lifted herself to her feet, allowing their soles to touch the cold wooden floor of her home prior to her soft stretches and her grumblings. Her unconcealed eyes, gazing upward at the ceiling, could see nothing but darkness and if she really concentrated hard enough, more darkness. She frowned, blinking repeatedly, wondering why she was born the way she was. Why she had to live a life without color. Why she couldn't be normal just as everyone else was, for once. A gentle sigh escaped her lips as she quieted her mind, turning her head to the source of the dripping. She could see the icicle with her detection of carbon molecules in the air and stepped lightly to the area where it had been dripping, pushing through the agape front doors of her home until she felt the formed puddle beneath her pale feet. She reached above her head and snapped the icicle off, removing it from the warm rays of sunshine that had embraced the cold spearhead of ice on her home. There were more, but the sun had yet to reach them, and she had no desire to remain at home until they did.

Ire quickly donned her armor and her cloak, then her crystalline headpiece before leaving the small home she called her own. It was her getaway, her refuge from the Diamond kingdom and the bustling streets that she had to walk to get there. A place she would hate to lose. The silver-haired female quickly left her home, revealing a small smile as she heard the dripping continue by the time she was walking out of the household. As there were four kingdoms, there were similarly four locations in which the Royals and Aces could meet, should they need to attend to Royal duties and the like - such as a castle, if that weren't obvious enough. Ire made her way towards the one designated to the Diamonds, as that was the Suit she was a member of. Her duties were militaristic and related to strategy, which was necessary during the war against the Argossians. Not very fun, but nonetheless her job. It wasn't until she reached the castle that she was greeted by a messenger unfamiliar to her, and thus considered a stranger.

The poor, trembling messenger stuttered after being confronted by Ire with a large sword-like protrusion from Ire's hand in the form of solid carbon, clear and opaque to the eye. "I-I-I'm s-s-sorry ma'am, b-b-but the King of S-Spades ordered a c-call to arms at the Four S-Suits Castle." Unseen by the messenger, Ire's brows furrowed. What could the King of Spades need everyone for? Including the Aces? Ire retracted her weapon, which seemed to disappear into thin air, before nodding at the small male who now smelled of fear and of...urine. Ire wrinkled her nose in disgust and made no move to acknowledge the male but moved past him, heading down the many corridors of the castle of Diamonds into her own quarters, which lacked a single paper or book. One plus-side to being blind - no paperwork. She dealt with all of her matters verbally and immediately. She retrieved any belongings she deemed necessary before a trip to the Four Suits Castle: a spare cloak, any form of sustenance she might need, and spare bandages (always helpful in any situation).

A sudden influx of magical power appeared somewhere closeby, causing Ire to tense up. Moving as quietly as she could, Ire approached the door and opened it slowly, a sharp intake of breath entering her lips when the hinges on the door creaked softly. She couldn't sense anything outside her doors, so she stepped out without making a sound, her boots making barely any sound as they touched the ground. Her armor made small 'clink' noises as they bumped into one another, demonstrating that stealth was clearly not on her side. Nonetheless, she prepared a small shard of carbon in her palm as she stood outside the door that released the wave of power that had remained constant since she had felt it originally. It was not unlike the signature of her Ace's portal abilities, but she never took chances, and that is why she was still alive at that point. She used her sense of the carbon in the air to feel into the room, observing the presence of the person inside it. The figure was familiar, and when she opened the door, so was the scent.

"Bered Karling?"

Addressed: Dante Verren Dante Verren
Mentioned: NPC, Kloudy Kloudy
Mood: Slightly Irked -> Concerned -> Wary
Status: Meditating -> Traveling to Diamonds Castle -> Investigating Source of Magicks
Inventory: Armor, cloak, provisions
Notes: Boop o3o I will post for Viadjira ASAP, most likely this weekend.

Bered Karling- Jack of Diamonds

Bered looked around the room taking in it's contents. By his guess he was in one of the castle's side rooms or something like that. He knew he was in the castle at least. Well time to go find the king. As he thought that he could here the light jingle of steel rubbing against steel coming from the hallway behind him. A sound he was well acquainted to do to the times he spent hanging around the King of Diamonds. He turned around to see Ire opening the door and hear her say his name.

"At your service your highness." He said with a small smile replacing his previously stony expression. "I apologize for not entering the castle the normal way but our ace was a little irritated and decided that I would be taking the faster route." as he spoke he motioned towards the portal that was still behind him. "If you hadn't heard already All hands on deck has been put into effect. I was sent to come pick you up. and it's my understanding that this portal should take us to the meeting place. We will leave when ever your ready." he told her.
Anaxileah Anaxileah

Ezer Zaghi

1520598344762.png
The sound of pouring hot tea, the people talking, the clanking sounds of spoon and forks. It was a good and refreshing day, especially in the Cafe of Eden, Ezer, in his waiter uniform, moved left and right swiftly taking orders and delivering desserts, he's been doing this for years after all. "It's getting a bit livelier today, isn't it?" he mumbled while observing the people getting satisfied, the Cafe of Eden made a name for themselves in the kingdom of Clubs, it was only Ezer and his Father, Enrique who runs the cafe but they work like they're 4 people. The bell above the door chimed, indicating a costumer entered, Ezer leaded the customer to an available table and gave him the menu, before he can even pull out his pen and paper, the costumer used a bit of magic to change the front page of the menu, the contents were the Cafe of Eden's specialty, the Magical Tea. The Cafe of Eden made a menu that if given a tiny amount of magic, the menu changes, a gimmick made by Rune Magic.

The customer pointed at the tea named Tea of Firmament, the tea makes magic control easier and a cake, Ezer wrote and reassure the customer that it will be ready as soon as possible. Ezer returned to the counter and saw his father at the kitchen washing the used dishes "Father, one Tea of Firmament and a cake" he stated the orders, the Magical Teas are a bit expensive and is around 1 silver to 1 gold, only those who are wealthy or have money to spare are able to afford it, except when it's Freed day. "Got it." his father replied and before going to make the tea, he looked at his son with a worried look "Ez...you've been working a lot lately, why don't you take a break for three days" Ezer's father suggested his son to take a walk, he grabbed a gold coin and gave it to his son. Ezer's jaw dropped "W-wait a second, Father isn't this to-" before he could even finish what he's saying, his father cut him off "It's fine, I'll be closing the cafe early, go buy some clothes or have fun or try a brothel for once" Enrique is a carefree father but he cares for his son, he's too carefree even to the point he even suggested to try a brothel, Ezer can only reply with a wry smile and argued but in the end, his father insisted. Ezer wore his usual red outfit with a hood and goes back downstairs "Well then, I'm off" he walks out to the bustling streets and stared at the gold coin in his hand "What to do?".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back