• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Found Family with a Twist

Hey there! I'm looking for a roleplaying partner in the casual to detailed range, who is capable of using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and will be able to submit at least two to three replies a week.

The storyline I have in mind is essentially that Character A is a member of a mob who finds a young girl, Character B, held captive while performing a raid on a rival mob's facility. While able to speak--she was rather snarky, as a matter of fact--and seemingly very intelligent--more in the resourceful sense, rather than the traditional way taught in school--Character B didn't seem to have been exposed to the outside world and couldn't read even the most obvious of social cues, couldn't recognize the most common interactions. Taking her with her/him because even Character A wasn't so heartless as to leave a child in the clutches of the vicious enemy mob, Character A decided to present Character B to her/his boss, and let them decide what to with her. S/he expected to be told to drop the girl off at a police station or an orphanage or something reasonable, but instead, Character A was told to take the girl into her/his custody. Character A's boss was convinced the Character B must be important for some reason, because the rival mob wouldn't have had her in their possession if she wasn't, and the boss wanted Character A to keep her until they could figure out what was so special about her.

But of course, Character A ends up caring for Character B, yada yada, there's danger because of her/his profession and s/he has to wonder if it's really in Character B's best interest to be in the care of Character A, because even though Character A loves them, s/he knows nothing about raising children and Character B is only endangered by being attached to Character A, yada yada, I think you can glean the nature of the plot twist by reading the tags but I think (hope) it'll still be unique enough to be surprising.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to play Character A, the gruff and morally grey but still fiercely loyal and loving mobster who takes in Character B. I should also warn you that there will likely be scenes of graphic violence and gore, and some particularly disturbing or unsettling moments.

If you're interested, go ahead and pm me!

Last edited:
Hey there! I'm looking for a roleplaying partner in the casual to detailed range, who is capable of using proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation, and will be able to submit at least two to three replies a week.

The storyline I have in mind is essentially that Character A is a member of a mob who finds a young girl, Character B, held captive while performing a raid on a rival mob's facility. While able to speak--she was rather snarky, as a matter of fact--and seemingly very intelligent--more in the resourceful sense, rather than the traditional way taught in school--Character B didn't seem to have been exposed to the outside world and couldn't read even the most obvious of social cues, couldn't recognize the most common interactions. Taking her with her/him because even Character A wasn't so heartless as to leave a child in the clutches of the vicious enemy mob, Character A decided to present Character B to her/his boss, and let them decide what to with her. S/he expected to be told to drop the girl off at a police station or an orphanage or something reasonable, but instead, Character A was told to take the girl into her/his custody. Character A's boss was convinced the Character B must be important for some reason, because the rival mob wouldn't have had her in their possession if she wasn't, and the boss wanted Character A to keep her until they could figure out what was so special about her.

But of course, Character A ends up caring for Character B, yada yada, there's danger because of her/his profession and s/he has to wonder if it's really in Character B's best interest to be in the care of Character A, because even though Character A loves them, s/he knows nothing about raising children and Character B is only endangered by being attached to Character A, yada yada, I think you can glean the nature of the plot twist by reading the tags but I think (hope) it'll still be unique enough to be surprising.

I'm looking for someone who would be willing to play Character A, the gruff and morally grey but still fiercely loyal and loving mobster who takes in Character B. I should also warn you that there will likely be scenes of graphic violence and gore, and some particularly disturbing or unsettling moments.

If you're interested, go ahead and pm me!

I'm interested!

I'm interested!
Lovely! I've been itching to give it a shot for some time now. I'm a sucker for found families, that cliche "gruff adult gets saddled with snarky child" trope, and crime storylines, so I figured I'd bring them all together.

So, I generally just give a brief rundown of my character and then dive into the roleplay--I don't usually make full on character sheets, if that's alright. Do you want to exchange little blurbs about our characters, and then I could post a thread with a starter?

Lovely! I've been itching to give it a shot for some time now. I'm a sucker for found families, that cliche "gruff adult gets saddled with snarky child" trope, and crime storylines, so I figured I'd bring them all together.

So, I generally just give a brief rundown of my character and then dive into the roleplay--I don't usually make full on character sheets, if that's alright. Do you want to exchange little blurbs about our characters, and then I could post a thread with a starter?

Sure! But could we RP in PM instead?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back