• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Overly indulgent Found Family RPs with a lot of angst and even more fuff

PlotBrownie

May We Meet Again
Roleplay Type(s)
I live for Found Family tropes. Like seriously it's my freaking drug I am obsessed.

So let's get to it shall we?

Quick run through of what I am looking for:
Platonic: Something very familial based and fluffy
Romantic: Fluff with modern fantasy.

I suggest you read the prompts from the bottom up because the ones at the bottom are the new ones that I haven’t had a chance to try out yet and would be more interested in doing.

Warning: The code is all over the place cause I am new at coding and I am on phone always.

-) Literally always online
-) Time zone Eastern European. (GMT+2)
-) Length: 200-350... That's it. Just a number no units. Is it characters? Words? Sentences? PARAGRAPHS? YOU WILL NEVER KNOWWW *EVIL LAUGH*
-)It's words...
-) English is not my native language but it might as well be as I use it in my everyday life more than my mother tongue.
-) I don't bite. We can chat in OOC
-) If you wanna drop tell me and I won't ask any questions. Don't leave me hanging please.

AKA me being bossy
-) At least one reply every two days. Like seriously please. If you're going to disappear for more than two days give me a warning. I get people are busy and all but there are people out there like me who can be in the middle of their finals and still reply
-) No one liners but also I don't want novellas that consist of filler words. If you give me one paragraph but enough content to work with I am good with that
-) Plot with me. Please.
-) This is not a point I just wanna know people are reading this so if you get this add the percentage of your battery in your reply.
-) I need someone who is experienced and passionate and is more of a writer than a role player. I need depth.
-) If you have a writing sample it is very appreciated. Just send me a starter for any of your roleplays it'll work just fine.

• Line Divider
    • YC is a young teenager living on the streets and one day wanders into MC's coffee shop exhausted and hungry and MC feeds them then after a conversation decides to take them in. It is completely up to you why YC is on the streets, you could turn it into a sci fi thing where they have a certain power and they were hunted down for it, or maybe they ran away from an abusive home, we'll figure something out together.
    Line Divider
    • YC is MC's bio kid from a one night stand in high school/college and MC did not know about them for years but YC's mother died and so YC is in MC's custody now. Cue awkwardness.
      It could go another way where MC is the mom who put YC up for adoption but when YC grew up she or he decided to hunt down their parents.

Line Divider
    • (Closed) MC is a new foster parent and YC is their first placement. YC is an older kid. Neither of them knows how to act in this new family dynamic. (y'all give me siblings because it's cute af)
    Line Divider
    • (Closed) MC is the relative/best friend/sibling of YC's parents who died in a horrible accident and guess who has custody??
    Line Divider
    • MC is YC's big sister who has been in and out of the picture for as long as YC remembers. MC travels a lot and always sends YC something wherever she goes. She moves back home and during the first few days when she's hanging out with YC going through her old stuff YC finds a picture of MC in a hospital bed with baby YC in her arms. You guessed it. MC is not YC's big sister. She's YC's mother. Could work as an aunt thing too.
    Line Divider
    • (Closed) This one is similar to Finding Carter. YC lived with their mom and they had a happy life and everything was going great. One day they got into trouble with cops (let's say their friend shoplifted and they got caught up in the mess) and after holding them for a while they let the friend go but not YC. Turns out they discovered YC is the kidnapped kid of MC that they have been looking for for years and YC doesn't remember because it happened when they were three. (YC could be a girl or a guy in this one and age limit is 14)
    Line Divider
    • Step Family AU. We can go in a lot of directions for this one. (craving)
    Line Divider
    • Regular good old adoption
    Line Divider
    • MC is dating this man who is older than her and it's starting to get serious so he drops the 'I have a kid' bomb. She decides to stick around and meet them and it's awkward as hell but she really loves him and he's amazing and damn now he asked her to marry him oh shit can she do this? Can she be a part of his family if it meant being thrusted into motherhood? To a teenager/preteen??
    Line Divider
    • If any of you watched Life Unexpected I wanna do that plot but for those who haven't watched it it's basically about two teens who slept together and the girl got pregnant and when the guy told her to abort the baby she stopped talking to him, had the baby, and gave her up for adoption. Fifteen years later the girl wants to get emancipated from the system and has to find her parents so they can sign her papers. When they all show up at court the judge decides not to allow the emancipation and puts the girl back in the legal care of her parents until further notice so now they have to be a family until they figure out what to do from there.
    Line Divider
    • YC is a young up and coming artist (musician/actor) and MC works with them (their manager/co-star) and through spending time with them they learn YC doesn't have the best home life seeing as their parents died when they were just a baby and their older sibling/relative raised them but they're not equipped for a parental role and a part of them resents YC for stealing their youth and their life. When things get bad (not in an abusive way) MC decides to step up and take legal guardianship of YC which gets the media's attention. Cue drama as the relatively local celebrities are thrust into the spotlight, becoming famous overnight, which brings MC's questionable past back up. Meanwhile, YC is struggling to cope with this newfound fame, losing their privacy, online bullying, and grief over losing the last member of their family while being told they should be "happy" that they now have a caring and rich parent and they're famous and living every kid's dream. (really craving)
    Line Divider
    • Apocalypse AU. Maybe not necessarily zombies though that could be done. Maybe nuclear war that wiped out humanity? Maybe YC was born after the world ended and knows nothing of the old world, maybe even both our characters were born post-apocalypse. So many directions to take. Mostly I wanted to do something similar to The 100 with just two survivors on the ground (others in space and some in bunkers) and those two happen to be MC and YC who stumble upon eachother and their relationship grows from heavy distrust to a parent/child relationship. Instead of doing the gruff old man with military/police background and a dead kid for his background story I'm thinking of 18-22 year old who can barely keep themselves alive and now they have a kid they need to protect and care for and raise and yeah they definitely need help. And who knows, maybe help shows up? Wouldn't that be interesting.... I haven't done apocalyptic themed roleplays before though so fair warning I may suck and they may be nothing like how you expect them to be. But yeah hmu if interested?
    Line Divider
    • (closed) MC used to be a human test subject for a secret organization trying to give humans super powers. They broke out and have been working with the government for years trying to help them track the organization down and break it up, bringing the people in charge to justice. On one of these raids they find YC, one of the test subjects that's been locked up because they actually do have powers and they're very dangerous but they're just a scared child that won't go with anyone and refuses to trust the agents except for MC once MC shows them the brand they have that shows they were a test subject, too. Seeing YC's deep distrust for anyone else and their attachment to MC, it is decided MC will keep YC until they could figure out a living arrangement for YC and get the paperwork sorted out but a few weeks stretch into a few months and the two grow into a parent/child relationship so yeah we basically get to explore the two's relationship from MC finding YC all the way to MC adopting YC after the two worked through their trauma and they eventually manage to lead a normal, happy life.
    Line Divider
    • Okay similar to the one above but MC is a cop who either finds YC after they raid one of the labs the facility runs of YC escapes. Sort of like Stranger Things’ Hop and El or Emergence’ Jo and Piper.
    Line Divider
    • MC is a singer/song writer and she started getting attention at 17 and by 18 she got pregnant by her then boyfriend. She wanted to keep the baby but her dad who was acting as her manager gave him/her up for adoption and told her he/she died during delivery. 9-14 years later she finds out her child is actually alive and tracks them down and actually manages to find them. We take off from there to portray their growing relationship, the fight to get back custody despite all her PR trying to stop her, the reaction of the public when word comes out, the fallout that will occur between her and her dad, and so on.
    Line Divider
    • YC is in a rehabilitation center focused on physical and emotional therapy for whatever reason we come up with (I have a couple ideas). MC could either be her physical therapist, her nurse, or her emotional therapist and after some resistance on YC's part these two manage to grow close together. YC's parents could have died in the crash, be the reason she's in the hospital in the first place, or they've been out of the picture for a long time, so when YC gets discharged she's being sent into the foster system. MC decides they've grown too attached to YC and fear that throwing her in such a new and unstable environment will just force her to regress so they decide to get their fostering license and they take her in. This will lead to eventual adoption but it's all about the journey to healing and how these two become a family. (craving)

We can come up with more plots together.

About YC in the adoption plots: I'd really prefer if it was a girl, age range between 8-14. She can be angsty but please also let her be a kid who wants someone to take care of her or pay attention to her. I rped with a lot of people who had 13 year olds acting as adults.

That's all! Sorry for being so bossy! If you're interested PM me.

Last edited:
Okay so this time when I disappeared I did better and actually warned some of my partners. To any of the ones I missed I am so sorry.

I’m super stressed and slipping into a depressive episode so I need one new rp or two just to distract me from real life obligations.

And if anyone’s in the market for a “The Last of Us” rp centering around Ellie and Joel I’m down for that as well.

Guess we’re doing this again.

Class A writer there, from first hand experience! Creative, engaging and writes amazing characters. So glad I got to partner with her!

Class A writer there, from first hand experience! Creative, engaging and writes amazing characters. So glad I got to partner with her!

I don’t even hold a candle to your flame, Alle. You’re the one who takes a little blurb of an idea I come up with and turn it into a fully fledged plot with fleshed out characters that have depth and flaws. Writing with you has been and will always be the best experience I’ve had on this site <3

This is active again. I haven’t role played in well over a year due to…well, life.

I’m not sure I can keep up with the commitment. I’m getting my bachelors and then I’ll be out in the big world trying to find my place but right now I really need something to spark some joy in my life and I’m fresh out of fandoms to hyperfixate over so fanfics are not doing it for me. Roleplaying used to spark that joy so I’m hoping this works out.

So yeah. If you’re down to give it a shot and won’t be bumped out if I call it quits after a couple scenes (I’ll tell you though. I won’t ghost) then hmu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back