• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Foster Life

Hibiscus

Just Relaxing
Plot: A new "happy" home.

There are many views you can take in this roleplay, but all will be directed towards one household and its new guest. You are either the mother, father, orphan, or original children in a household and this is to see whether you can maintain a family. If you are the parents then you felt the need to adopt children, now you must live daily life with your newest members. If you are a child, you must learn to love your brothers and sisters, or resent them until they leave. If you are an orphan then you have just been adopted, are you happy, sad, and will you try to make this your home? All in all it is just a new adventure in the Foster's home.

Setting

This will take place in a manor in Virginia, with enough room and money to accommodate any amount of guest comfortably. The year is 2014 and there is no change into our political, economical, social, or cultural systems. We will begin in August, giving the children a month before school starts.

Roles

As far as roles there are only a few set ones, with no real amount of how many. I only need one in each category and we can begin. Note I will most likely take the father spot, but if you really want it, be my guest.

Father-

Mother-

Original Child- *any amount*

Adopted Child- *any amount*

1054011000.jpg

This will be the manor we will stay at, I'll post more pictures if you want to introduce more places. And if you go somewhere then go ahead and include a pic, I'm not picky.

Not many rules here guys, this is going to be drama filled and I expect a lot of emotional moments. So with that in mind, here are the only rules.

1. I don't expect romance, but if it happens then it should be by adopted x original.

2. Cursing is fine, but note this isn't a mob versus mob, you might get punished for swearing.

3. RPNation rules.

4. Password: Huntrey made a pretty good rp for his first one.

Huntrey updated Foster Life with a new update entry:

Last chance to get in the beginning!

Alright guys, I'm going to bump this up once more, so we can see if anyone else will join. If not in a little well then I'll put up the first post.
Read the rest of this update entry... 
(So, I still need to decide whether the RP shall move with days or bigger time intervals just to keep it interesting, feel free to give your opinion.)

August 1st, Saturday- Today the foster children shall be arriving in a taxi, eager or could care less to meet their new family. Nick and Auriel are still sleeping, as should the teens in the house, for today they would need the rest. So without a further interruptions (Beside my next paragraph) let the bonding begin!

Nick tossed and turned in his sleep, his brain racked and nervous for today. His wife Auriel was hopefully making something special, to make the kids eager to be here, and to give him a treat for allowing them. He knew Auriel held a special place in her heart for orphans, so this whole idea was for her to give something back and allow her to help those she knew needed it the most. Whether or not he liked it was irrelevant, for it was all for her sake, which made it all worth it him.

Interrupting his sleepily formed thoughts was the alarm, which was met swiftly with a fist. He quickly curled back up, not wanting to let the morning engulf him. Feeling the warmth of his partner made it all the more reason not to get up, so he settled into a half daze.

Cavalier was still asleep, snoring loud as ever. He was a bad sleeper, and usually awoke evrrymorning laying horizontally in bed. He turned over a little, slowly opening his eyes as the morning rays hit them.

The coziness of his blanket caused him to stay laying down. He snuggled into his pillow, staring up at the ceiling. He knew today would be a big day, so he wanted to stay as comfortable as possible for as long as possible.

John rubbed his eyes as he sat in the cramped taxi. His head felt fuzzy and disoriented, he could barely focus on anything. Across from him sat another person whose face he couldn't quite make out. He was the other foster kid coming with him to live in this new home, but John knew nothing about him. Sighing, he rested his head on the cold glass of the window, hoping it could help calm his headache. He looked over tot he only bag he owned. It was small, rugged, and filled with nothing but tattered clothes. Closing his eyes, he wondered if this new home would be just like all the others, or if he could finally find a home. He knew nothing about the family that he was going to, and this scared him very slightly. He didn't take very well to strangers. He attempted to dose off, but to no avail. With a heavy breath, he resigned to simply waiting out the rest of the long taxi ride, hoping to not have to speak to the other foster child.

Auriel woke up with a smile on her face. She was nothing but excited about this day. She couldn't wait to meet the kids. She sat up and carefully got off the bed, hoping not to wake up Nick. She smiled at him and gave him a small kiss on the cheek. She really appreciated him for letting her do this, most guys would've probably freaked. She then got dressed and ready for the day.

Afterwards she went downstairs into the kitchen and began making tons of foods. Pancakes, frenchtoast, scrambled eggs, sausages, and a pie. She then set up the lengthy table and decided to make home made orange juice and home made lemonade. She just hoped that everyone would love it.

tumblr_n0elbqUQ4V1swarfmo1_500.gif

Kaden sat in the car with his arms folded across his chest staring out the window with a blank facial expression. He doesn't know how to act whatsoever when he got randomly picked up by a taxi and now driving towards a house. He knew that there was going to be other kids there of course but he was worried how he was going to interact with them or just totally ignore them. Kaden turned his head noticing a couple of other kids in the taxi siting quietly.

"uhh...hi" he mutters quietly looking down at his hands biting his lip nervously. Oh god they probably think im a dork!, Crap. He sighs turning his head to face the window again hoping they didn't hear what he just asked.

Nick felt her kiss his cheek, and a small smile crossed his lips. Waiting until she left the room, he got up and dressed in his morning clothes. Putting on sweat pants that his kids always complained about and some old white t-shirt that would eventually get stained by the breakfast meal, he went to his desk to read the news before everyone was awake. After a few minutes he hopped into his shower and completed his morning hygiene routine, then returned to his desk. Today was just beginning and until the foster kids was here, he would enjoy it as if it was a normal day.

John woke himself from his half sleep, noticing a distinct pounding in his head and an aching of his bones. He faintly heard a voice call out to him, but thought he had imagined it, allowing himself to drift off into his half-sleep for the rest of the ride. Eventually, he felt the car come to a soft stop, and he straightened up. Looking out the window, he saw a rather nice looking house with a clean car stopped in it's drive. Stretching his arms, he grabbed his bag and made for the door of the taxi, looking to the other foster kid before getting out of the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a while, Cavalier decided to get up. He dressed extra nice today, wanting to make a good impression. He put on some blue jean shorts and a white button up shirt, and a black cute-looking bowtie. after he fixed his hair and did everything else he needed to do, he came out of his room. Softly closing his door behind him, he made his way downstairs, looking to see if anyone arrived to the manor yet.

(This will be my stopping point to guys. Feel free to begin touring the house if anyone else is still on, but I'm going to get a few hours of sleep in. Goodnight everyone and thank your for joining me on this RP, I really hope we can make it into something I'll read over and over.)

The Taxi car pulled up to the side of the road just across the street from the home he was supposed to be going to. His eyes widen as anxiety builds up in him. Kaden looks at the other kids and gives a week smile "heh...do any of you wanna go first" he said gritting his teeth flipping his black hair out his eyes. Then shrugged not wanting to wait for a respond. He stoon stepped out of the car grabbing his belonging's and slowly made his way to the house knocking on the door staring down at his feet getting second thoughts.Maybe i should run. He shook it off waiting for someone to answer the door with all these thoughts racing through his mind.

John stared after the other kid as he left. He kept speaking like there was more than just the two of them for some reason. Shrugging, he followed him, his only possessions gripped tightly to his chest.

Cavalier looked out the window, seeing the two foster kids out there already. He let out a small sigh. And slowly opened the door. He did a small wave for each of them, keeping on his usual small smile. I hope that this goes well.... Cavalier thought.

Auriel peeked outside the window and saw the kids. She became nervous. "What if it's not clean enough? Does the house smell? Should I make more? Did I make too much?" Questions kept running through her mind as she nervously paced around the kitchen.

3922.gif

Jack heard many sounds in his house by now, Auriel steadily flipping pancakes as the bacon seared against the skillet, the pool filter running its usual routine, and then the slight knocking against the door. Flipping his laptop closed, he got up from his chair and left his room, knowing that Auriel wouldn't answer the door in her cooking state. Walking down the hall, he knocked on the doors of his children's rooms, "Cavalier, Isabella, wake up you two.". With that he continued his descent down the stairs, until he reached the front door. He didn't bother to check the peep hole, but rather opened it swiftly with a greeting, "Welcome to the Manchester Manor.". A smile was across Jack's face, but realizing his greeting was eccentric he became a little embarrassed.

John stepped backwards quickly as the door flew open. It swung inwards, but he had a natural instinct to do it. He clutched his bag even tighter, so tight he was fairly sure if there was a living thing in their it would be dead by then. He couldn't find the will to use his mouth, so he just stared at his feet, wildly uncomfortable already.

Cavalier looked around the house. "Everything looks okay...." He said to himself. He went back to his room, doing a last minute check in case they wanted to see where he slept at night. He sighed heavily, ready for today. Or so he thought.

Auriel finally stopped pacing and took a deep breath. She heard the door open an was suddenly full of excitement. She ran toward the door, a smile on her face. "Hey guys! You hungry? Great I made some food for you." She said. "I'm Auriel, and this is my husband Jack. We also have a son named Cavalier and a daughter named Isabella." Realizing how fast she was talking she started blushing. "Um, please come in, the kitchen is over there, I made tons of food so help yourselves."

3922.gif

John continued looking at his feet. He couldn't find the will to look up. What was the point, anyways? They seemed like a nice family, one that would only suffer from bringing someone as broken as him into it. He couldn't help but think about his last foster home. He had been there only a week before being moved. This was probably just going to be another place to be kicked out of. He sighed softly, waiting for the other foster child to enter before he did. Less out of courtesy and more out of needing a second to compose himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back