• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy โ˜ ๏ธŽ ๐”‰๐”ฌ๐”ฏ ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ข'๐”ฐ ๐”ช๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ข ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ฉ๐”ข๐”ฐ ๐”Ÿ๐”ข๐”ถ๐”ฌ๐”ซ๐”ก ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข ๐”ฐ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ฏ๐”ข โ˜ ๏ธŽ || โ˜ ๏ธŽ ๐”“๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฆ๐”ฉ๐”ฌ๐”ฒ๐”ฐ๐”„๐”Ÿ๐”ถ๐”ฐ๐”ฐ & ๐”ซ๐”ฌ๐”ฑ๐”ž๐”ญ๐”ฌ๐”ฑ๐”ฑ๐”ข๐”ฏ โ˜ ๏ธŽ

notapotter

๐ŸฆŽโœจ yer a lizard, harryโœจ๐ŸฆŽ
"Sometimes in the waves of change, we find our true direction."
- Unknown
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง
dividers-4869402_1280.png fantasy-1709642_1920.jpg
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸโœง

:bishiesparklesr:โš”โŽˆโš”:bishiesparklesl:
The seas were surprisingly gentle given the faint drizzle of rain that trickled down onto the dark water below. A quiet creaking of wood could be heard as the ship sailed through the water slowly. There was a certain warmth that paired well with the midnight sea air. Lights were lit throughout the ship for those who remained awake, dim enough to not awaken anyone sleeping aboard, but bright enough to be seen from a decent ways away. Off in the distance, a woman with dark hair laid unconscious on a small, battered boat. She seemed to have no possessions with her, as well as no other companions. The boat crept closer to the much larger vessel, bumping into the side of the ship repeatedly.

"Did you hear that?" A man's low voice spoke out to a fellow crew member. The other man gave a grunt and shrugged as he tugged at a rope, making sure it was tight. The man who spoke wondered if he was going crazy. It was fairly late. Perhaps it was his turn to go bother one of his fellow shipmates to take his place on deck so he could finally get some shut eye. But, again, a muffled thudding sound was heard once again from over the edge of the wooden ship.

"See! There it is again!" The man proclaimed with a frown.

"I think I heard it too that time..." The other man spoke cautiously, now worried for what might be tapping against the side of their boat. Despite how late it was, he knew how quickly the crew they were apart of could spring into action.

"Hold on..." The first man spoke out once more, grabbing a metal lantern before looking over the edge of the ship. His guarded demeanor quickly fell at what he spotted. "Go! Grab the captain! And the medic! Quick!" The man hollered with urgency to the other few pirates keeping an eye on the ship. Immediately people began to scatter. Two people went off to find the captain and the medic, while the man worked on getting the motionless woman aboard with a fellow shipmate.

Once aboard, he laid the woman out on the deck. Her dark brown tousled locks paired well with her sunkissed, freckled skin. Her white blouse was frilled at the sleeves. A distressed leather corset cinched in her trim waist, bringing together the look of her top and a long, mossy green skirt. A worn pair of dark leather boots completed her general outfit. Well, except for a gold necklace wrapped around her neck twice. The golden chain had a single green stone hanging on it, set within a small golden frame. It rested on the exposed part of her chest, which rose and fell with her shallow breathing. A positive indicator that she was still alive.

As the pirates who rescued her kneeled down, crowding around her, their wandering eyes of course couldn't help but to notice the jewelry. "If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's mine." One of them spoke out, looking to the other with a devious grin.

"Are you kidding me? You're going to steal my necklace?" The other snapped bitterly.

"Your necklace? You've been drinking too much seawater if you think I'm going to let you walk away with something that's rightfully mine." The other huffed, going to grab the golden chain from around the tanned girl's slender neck with a burly fist.

"Don't you even-" The other pirate hissed, his words suddenly cut off as he looked behind his friend to see the captain of their ship approaching. He arose quickly, clearing his throat with an awkward smile. Despite his attempt to get the other man's attention, he didn't notice their captain until he began to speak.

"If you two are done," The captain's words were stern as the other man quickly rose to his feet without being able to get the unconscious woman's necklace off. "then I would like to take a look." The captain moved closer to her limp body, giving a tsking sound as he listened for her breathing. His ear was close to her rosy lips as he listened intently. They were slightly parted, perfect for him to listen to her slow breaths. The other pirates stood by inquisitively, waiting for him to speak again. "Well, she's alive. I suppose that's good enough for now. The medic will have to tend to her." He moved away from the unresponsive woman with his words, though he still looked over her with a curious intrigue.

"I already called for the medic, it's late, but he should be here any second." The bulky pirate who was in the process of stealing the girl's necklace before being interrupted by their captain spoke eagerly to the man.

"Medic here!" An upbeat, if a little frantic sounding voice greeted the pirates from behind as the sounds of boots-on-gangplanks drew closer. Isaac was perhaps a bit too quick to act when greeted with a potential medical emergency, as evidenced by him having to skid to a halt on order to stop his momentum before he bumped into one of his less savory crewmates. With a number of "excuse me"s, "pardon me"s, and "I'm so sorry"s, he slowly made his way through the leering crowd and set his medical bag down beside the woman's head before crouching down himself.

Isaac let out a sigh of relief at the knowledge that the woman was breathing, but the discomfort on his face was clear thanks to the crowd of onlookers. Being surrounded by people in general made him anxious, let alone burly and intimidating people, and as such he made a nervous request for some privacy. "Could some of you help me take her to my quarters...? I'd like to monitor her while she rests..." He said with skittish body language, standing upright before brushing some of his dark hair back behind his ear.

It was just as the nervous medic made his way to the front of the crowd that the captain had turned back to see him. "Isaac, just in time!" The shorter, much burlier man grinned. A thick beard, dark brown in color, grew from the man's tanned, somewhat grimey skin. He eyed the fidgety man intently as he looked over the woman for a few moments. The unashamed eyes of his crew remained stuck on Isaac as well as they waited for some sort of answers about the mysterious woman. "Of course. You, take this lass and follow him." The captain spoke only after Isaac's anxious words. He wished to know more about the woman, as did pretty much all of the crew onboard, but the captain knew that there was no knowing about her if Isaac wasn't able to help her. The man beside him gave a firm nod and a grunt of confirmation to his words before sweeping the unconscious girl up off of the deck. The gentle drizzle from the dark night sky was picking up, pouring down on the crew in a rainy mist.

The pirate assisting Isaac didn't seem bothered by the weather, instead heading in the direction of his quarters. The rough looking man kicked open the door to the medic's cabin before offloading the limp woman in his grasp and then leaving. All without a word or even so much as a glance to the other man. Lost in a state of concussive darkness, Morgan's mind was lost in itself. Dreaming, she laid amongst a lush forest clearing, staring up into a bright blue sky. She found herself calmed by the clear air and the twittering sound of birds in the trees. A blonde woman with sharp features peered over her suddenly. A familiar face with striking green eyes.

"Wake up, Morgan." The woman smiled. The head of her coven.

Another witch appeared, looking down over her as well. "It's not safe here." The girl spoke meekly, black hair and pale skin contrasting with her chubby, rosy cheeks.

"Open your eyes." A final witch spoke, her dark skin complimenting her inky curls. Her red lips matched the other previous witches in a pleasant smile.

Morgan awoke to find herself in an unfamiliar location. "Oh, great... My hero... I suppose I have to kiss you now?" Her voice was quiet, hoarse despite her playful words. Even just coming to, she couldn't help herself from poking fun at whoever was with her. A tall man with a dark complexion, even darker hair, and warm, whiskey colored eyes. Certainly not the worst way to wake up, Morgan told herself.

Isaac was relieved to see that Morgan had regained consciousness, though her first words to him certainly caught him off guard. "Th-that... Won't be necessary..." He said with a flustered tone, his cheeks reddening at the woman's teasing. "I'm Isaac, the medic onboard this ship... Hardly a hero I'd say..." He introduced himself with a soft laugh, still fascinated that the woman seemed to be completely devoid of any major wounds or any signs that she was even in a shipwreck in the first place.

As the rain picked up outside, Isaac turned his attention to the pitter-patter of the evening storm against the glass window and lumber starboard wall of his cabin, finding it to be quite the relaxing backdrop to their conversation. "How did you end up adrift on the sea like that anyway...?" Isaac asked, genuinely curious as to what had transpired before she lost consciousness. She didn't seem injured, so a oceanic storm or Leviathan attack was unlikely, but those were the only two occurrences that made sense to him.

"Ah... I get it, all business..." Morgan gave a playful smirk with her words upon seeing his face flush and hearing his flustered tone. "Well, Isaac, despite the circumstances, it's lovely to meet you." The woman gave a charismatic smile with her words as she sat up. She winced suddenly, a hand going to her forehead as he began to speak once again. "Pirates. They were ruthless. I was on a smaller ship with my family. I... I can't remember how I got off the boat. I blacked out... Something must have hit me..." Despite the lie Morgan came up with on the spot, there was a sense of truth to her words. Genuine pain beyond just her head. She still wasn't entirely sure where she was and despite easily slipping back into her teasing nature she knew not to just go around telling everyone about her abilities and her coven. Even if the man in front of her seemed relatively harmless, this wasn't a chance the troubled brunette was willing to take after so closely having a brush with death for the very reason she was lying.

She gave a soft sigh, letting her hand fall from her face. Her deep, almond colored eyes glanced around the room briefly until her gaze landed back on the medic in front of her. She noted a large amount of books in a sturdy looking bookcase, as well as a few small stacks piled up here and there throughout the cabin. "Tell me, Isaac," She spoke his name once more, this time in a soft, coy tone as she reached out to gentle touch one of his hands with her own. "What is the name of the ship we're on?" She finally decided to question curiously. Before setting off with her coven, the leader of their group had made it a priority to know about all of the potential dangers they possibly could. This included stocking up on various herbs and charms, protective spells, and remembering a list of various pirate ships that travelled through the area as well as the flags they proudly waved, amongst many other precautions.

Isaac nodded solemnly at Morgan's story, knowing full well the brutality some pirate crews were capable of. While the crew he found himself on wasn't particularly bloodthirsty, as they mostly made their livings raiding the Mirages on the horizon for loot and treasure, he had his doubts about what they'd do if they encountered a boat full of people. "I'm sorry to hear that... If there's one thing the sea can be, it's ruthless..." He commented with a soft sigh, snapping out of any potential sulking as soon as he felt Morgan's hand on his. It was a gesture that surprised the young medic, but he didn't pull his hand away, despite how nervous it made him.

"The ship's called the Beachbreaker... Why do you ask, Miss...?" He asked with a soft, subdued tone in response, his charisma not nearly as prominent or unwavering as Morgan's despite how handsome he was. Isaac was hardly a socially adept man, and that resulted in the romantic attention he so often received being hard to manage. At least Morgan just seemed to be being nice and polite, if a little more hands-on than most people might have been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back