• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy For Faith and Fatherland

Larry

Your resident on-and-off bibliomaniac!
Although I'm still thinking of semantics and whatnot, this idea has been on my head for a few days now and I, even if it attracts no attention, to put it out there to test the waters.

The whole context of the roleplay, would be in the vein of the Crusades; the oncoming force of a group with staggering numbers eying the lands they see, coming, seeing, conquering. The country of Cnoic Arda, literally meaning 'High Hills', is on the border of the Ceo Talamhíseal, a land that experiences dizzying amounts of rain, and it is from this land that these great forces are originating from. The invaders have already subdued all lands to the East, now they set their eyes on the West. Thus, the remaining countries have banded together, forming the Ord Caomhnóireacha as the last stronghold against these malign forces.

I feel the roleplay will consist mostly of border defense, with the few excursions with contingents from other countries off to liberate conquered lands.

Most of the words I have translated are from Irish, but I don't even know if they're right!

Creideamh agus Tír Dúchais!

Bisley_Crusades.jpg

This has potential, if you go full ancient Celtic myth on it.

I'd be willing to help out, if you need it, because it'd make a nice change from traditional fantasy or medieval era stuff.

Assuming you're cool with introducing some weird magic, anyway.

I appreciate the offer sir; it is a fledgling of an idea but as you say, it does have potential!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back