• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

For Better or Worse

tamaracorine

But tonight, we dance.
When Josephine Sutton and Charles Bradshaw decided to get married, it was with the vows so many had spoken before. They promised to stick by each other in sickness and health, in richness and poorness, for better or worse. They didn't realise in making those vows that the greatest challenge wouldn't be their own relationship, but that of their daughters, and all the problems that would come with it.

Lily hear her being called by her mother. She got up from her desk, which she was working on some extra work for school, heading out of her room and down the stairs. Her mother was standing in the living room looking to her as she came down. She came closer to her mother, "Yeah?" she asked. "Well as you already know that your stepfather and I are going on our trip on the weekend. Just wanted to remind you that we left money with Emily for food if you want to go out and all. Don't do anything stupid but I know you won't have a problem with that." Her mother answered with a smile.

She gave a nod, "Alright, have fun." Lily said and in seeing she was dismissed she headed up stairs glad that this would be a low key weekend. Heading into her rooms she shut the door behind her and went back over to her desk. Lily's mother went up to hers and Emily's fathers bedroom to finish up the packing some extra stuff.

Emily had spoken to her father that morning, and had the money for food with her at school. She was there late, as always, with track practice. It was long and painful, but the highlight of most of her days.

"Party at mine tonight?" She asked her friend Riley.

Riley grinned at her as he leapt over a hurdle. "Hell yes. I'll bring a couple of kegs."

Their small interaction was enough for news to spread, and she arrived at home a few hours later. "Hey, Lily, party happening here tonight!" She called.

Lily had finished up with her work for school and was watching some TV absolutely bored out of her mind, one thing she hated to be. She didn't have nothing to do at all since she finished all her work for school. Lily heard the front door open, so she got up and opened her door heading downstairs.

Hearing what Emily told her she responded, "Where not suppose to have parties while they are away."

"That's what they say, but what they mean is something different. My dad never worries if I have parties." Emily explained. "Look, if you don't want to be part of it, go to a friend's house for the night and it'll be clean by the time you get home. But you might surprise yourself and have some fun."

Lily paused and sighed. "Okay, if you say so." she replied back to her step sister. "Do you need help with anything or you all set?" she offered to help out.

"Always all set." Emily told her, "thanks though." She shrugged and walked up to her room. She fought with Lily a lot, and had expected a fight about the party. A few hours later Riley arrived with kegs and a few other friends with food and moe alcohol. Emily didn't do things in halves.

Riley was walking by Lily's room, and peered in. "You're the step sister, right? Lily? This will be pretty big so maybe you should just go out."

Lily sighed and headed back into her room. Grabbing her computer and laying on the bed and messing around on it. She could hear people already arriving but hanged out in her room still. Looking a few things up she glanced to Riley who she had no clue who they were that was talking to her. "Yeah, I am Lily. I'll be out in a little bit. Besides who are you?" she asked.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Riley. And I meant leave the house. You don't seem the type for these parties." He shrugged. "I'm sure you've got a friend's place you could sleep at. Or stay. But it'll get pretty wild here..."

Lily gave a light roll of her eyes. "Yeah thanks for the advice. I'll ponder on it." she simply told him. Hating how others judged her on things when they didn't even know her.

Riley raised an eyebrow and walked away. The small group downstairs had ordered pizza and were eating it so that they weren't drinking on an empty stomach. Emily collected some pizza and carried it upstairs to Lily's room. "Hey, got pizza. Sorry if Riley was a jerk. He does that. But you should at least invite someone over."

She watched him go and looked back to her computer debating when she would head downstairs. Lily glanced to Emily as she came in then back to her laptop. "Its okay. I'll call my friend, thanks for the pizza."

Emily nodded and walked to her room, changing into a new outfit - tight jeans and a long sleeved crop that showed off her figure. It didn't take long for the party to be in full swing. Emily was sitting outside at about ten, kissing one of the football players. He knew she was drunk and kept pushing her further and further.

Lily ate some of her pizza, deciding her blue jeans with short sleeved shirt that hangs off her shoulder on one side some, was good enough so she headed downstairs. In a few minutes after she called her friend, James showed up. Lily was now walking around at the party watching how things where getting a little crazy. She was waiting for James to come in and everything. James was glancing to people searching for Lily.

Knowing this wasn't her type of party maybe she gone outside to wait for him, it was a good guess. The boy moved along passing some drunk idiots, and moved to the back door of the house. He opened it not seeing them just yet and said not too loud though, "Lily?" but then glanced around to see two people appearing to be having a make out session. Though it was going a little far. "Erm...sorry about walking in on this." he said.

"Dude, busy. Get lost." The guy told him. "Unless she's your girl, this is none of your business." He rubbed Emily's back, pulling her into another kiss. She seemed despondent, responding out of instinct rather than desire.

He watched noticing how the guy seemed in his right mind yet the girl looked like she may have had a few drinks and wasn't enjoying it much. James stepped out completely. "Dude leave her alone. She's not enjoying it."

"She's fine." He snapped, "honestly. This is none of your business." He pulled Emily into another kiss, turning his back to James completely. Emily groaned a little in complaint, peering over his shoulder at James.

James glowered at him and grabbed his shoulders pulling him back from Emily. "I think it is my business since your taking advantage of her." he snapped back

Emily fell forward as the guy moved away. He stormed inside. Emily stumbled to the ground and sat quietly, her head in her hands. "Thanks."

James watch him go for a few seconds before turning to Emily and sat down next to her. "Your welcome, are you okay?" he asked

"Uh huh." She grumbled, keeping her head down. "He was just.. It was my fault. I did it. It was my fault. Shouldn't drink. Shouldn't do it." She shook a little, panicked.

"Hey calm down. Its not your fault, he was the one taking advantage of you." He said softly to her, trying to calm her down some.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back