• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Fly Fishing Trip RP

Crooked Crow

Bad Omen
Howdy guys, Crow here with an extremely nice RP idea.

The fact of the matter is I got seriously involved with the sport of fly fishing this last year. There is just something special about standing in the middle of a stream deep in the mountains. Anyways, as a full time medical student and due to weather in the area, I haven't been able to go get out there. I figured the next best thing would be to try putting pen to paper and try to live out a dream fly fishing trip that way.

The fact of the matter is this would be just about fishing. It would be about two individuals traveling together and trying to enjoy a whole new experience. Taking in the moment, and using it to reflect on who they are as people. Are they happy with their lives? Do they want to be the same kind of person when they return? Will they be making important life decisions and this is there last reprieve before making their way in the world? Whether its its a back packing trip through a desolate wilderness, or a road trip through an unfamiliar local, or two weeks living out of a raft braving white water rapids. There can totally be drama added, wild animals, accidents, pure bad luck.

One of the ideas I was kicking around was the idea of the trip being in a foreign country such as Japan. So many roleplays here take place in the country but only in Tokyo or such. Japan is one of the most beautiful outdoor areas in the world. Look up Hokkaido country side if you don't believe me. Could be a local getting introduced to the sport by a foreigner tagging along. Or two life long friends trying to plan out a trip in a land they do not know.

This video kinda serves as inspiration for that plot, hopefully it might sway you. For all you anime fans out there, there was recently a show about fly fishing Japan called Slow Loop for further inspiration.

Of course, I'd be just as happy to take on the world famous trout waters of Montana. Think tv shows like Yellowstone or movies like A River Runs Through It.

Lastly, I would not be afraid to spice it up if that interests you. Maybe add some sort of mystery or adventure elements. Lost treasures, secrets hidden in the areas, things turn into a sort of survival story, etc.

Feel free to pm if you have any questions. More than happy to discuss and all possible ideas.

Hmm, I dont know a whole lot about fly fishing, but this seems like a really neat idea. If you want I would be up for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back