• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FLESHSCAPE - THE BRAIN

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I agree on civilization and such. I'd be pretty stoked about making our tribe self-sustaining and with a base of operations too at the very least before we start exploring miles deep orifices.

But out of character, what shall we agree to disagree to? Because between our want to settle and our want to explore there has to be a compromise.

Then we'll be following and hunting and growing and looking for a home at first, then when we switch to our exploration phase ya'll can go hopping into some Cthulhu nostrils.

Which is what I'm also suggesting. Find a place to build civilisation up again, get resources to sustain ourselves on missions and then go explore. You can have fun starving in caves and being caught in the open with a pack of bloodstalkers.

And so in the end all sides realized that they'd been agreeing for the past two and a half pages, and the rest of the tribal formation rounds could finally commence...

What heads will be butted? Conversations misunderstood? Find out next time on The Brain pages 4-6.

But the RP element of finding a quiet place to live sounds like watching paint dry when you don't have anything to do with it.

who said it had to be quiet

honestly I'd settle for "doesn't melt me into goo when I try to sleep" or "can find food without having to tear it out of something else's stomach."

Smart survival and murder are not mutually exclusive bro

I'm non-combat oriented to a point. But I swear, my scepter of smell good smoke and hot embers is gonna crack some skulls sometime in this game. Whether it be rival cavemen come to steal our women and fire, or some grody cronenburg monster.

So this is how I'm leaning so far...

Name: The Longwalker Tribe? The Flesh-Trekkers? Skin-Peelers? Teeth-Gnashers? Bone Gnawers? The Blood Moon? Bad-Meats Clan? Lol, no f'ing clue.

Motive: Find a place to call home. (Home not being a super specific place. But rather a 'safe' and abundant region to begin settling.)

Enemy: (US vs. THEM) A rival group of equal numbers, whose people bear an intense personal grudge/hatred of the tribe. One that seems it can only be settled by war and utter extermination.
(How it sounds in my mind)-"They hate us. They hate us so deeply that I fear not even the mighty sky could hold all their rage. I don't know why it is so, and I don't think even they themselves remember the reason. But it isn't about wealth. For they don't want what we have. It isn't about the land. For they don't care where we live. It isn't even about survival. For they don't care how many of their own die for this.
...They just want us dead. And they'll never stop hunting us until we are."

Resource: I'm honestly torn between the 'Calcium Carbonate' idea or 'Beasts of Burden'.

Im alright with an enemy tribe but I think we need it more fleshed out. Do we remember our history, like did both tribes (ours and theirs) remember an incident and both point fingers at each other? A misunderstanding? Were we once the same tribe? Do we hate them as much as they hate us?

With how RpN is structured it may be a bit difficult to throw around ideas. Is anyone opposed to moving OOC discussion to a Discord server?

Some of us are already there fyi.

And we won't be able to remember much of our history without the Archivists Tribe Trait.

Calcium! Carbonate!

Im alright with an enemy tribe but I think we need it more fleshed out. Do we remember our history, like did both tribes (ours and theirs) remember an incident and both point fingers at each other? A misunderstanding? Were we once the same tribe? Do we hate them as much as they hate us?

They could be made up of a sect of the tribe who couldn't handle being in close proximity to the 'Believers' or whatever. They split off determined to find their own path and just so happened to run into bouts of misfortune that left them Starved/Crazy/Hostile take your pick. The Acolytes regularly use them as an example of what happens when one strays from the path, effectively using the enemy tribe as a boogeyman to scare the uncertain masses back to their blood-soaked loving embrace.

They could be made up of a sect of the tribe who couldn't handle being in close proximity to the 'Believers' or whatever. They split off determined to find their own path and just so happened to run into bouts of misfortune that left them Starved/Crazy/Hostile take your pick. The Acolytes regularly use them as an example of what happens when one strays from the path, effectively using the enemy tribe as a boogeyman to scare the uncertain masses back to their blood-soaked loving embrace.
We would need the Archivist Trait to write down and record any of that. Unless you want to go the route of passing down the grudge through word of mouth.

If we had a cave-painter (Or 'Scarrer' to carve stories into flesh and leathers), would that work?
It's an ooc thing. We need to chose our tribe trait to allow us to be capable of recording our history. Otherwise we're not really allowed to because we don't know how.

Canโ€™t stand the believers? Heretics! (Out of character there)
But I like another mystery of what happened with them. Especially if they were once friends. We donโ€™t even need to have a record of what happened with them. Though archiving sounds fun in another aspect.

In discord we mentioned a giant beast who came regularly attacking though, which sounds nice as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back