• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy FLESHSCAPE - THE BRAIN

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Well, seems evil comes in many shapes. I was going for a good guy here, but I suppose altering my character some is in order upon just now finding out that our tribes entire religion hates fire. :/
But maybe the church is evil, or maybe morality is situational? Who knows! Sounds exciting.

True... AND oh my god, that's tempting. But internal conflict is also usually very bad for most primitive societies. Especially a small tribe of forty or so members like this hypothetical one.

But just like in colonies of apes, it usually ends with the weaker groups killed off, eaten, or banished very quickly and early on. I want the group to survive, not squabble, lol.
If I know my drood dood right then we are probably fine to pick interesting story over factual logic.
To be honest I would prefer a survival move than a settling move, since I always prefer discovering than building. Adds a lot more tension and unpredictability too.
We can all have our factions and people agreeing and disagreeing with each other without it being aligned with the tribe's goal. It can be set, for example, from tradition or an aged agreement or truce etc.
Thank you comrade

True... AND oh my god, that's tempting. But internal conflict is also usually very bad for most primitive societies. Especially a small tribe of forty or so members like this hypothetical one.

But just like in colonies of apes, it usually ends with the weaker groups killed off, eaten, or banished very quickly and early on. I want the group to survive, not squabble, lol.
You doubt the resilience of humans. The tribe will survive, no matter how many adversities it faces. And internal conflict doesn't mean a full-blown war. You can have a tenuous peace with Gurgle's fanatics, even some collaboration in dire times.
Also, always follow Rule of Cool. I'll make it work somehow. We're supposed to have fun, are we not?

I have two questions

1- What kind of plants are there, if any?
2-Name three of the biggest creatures in the Fleshscape, excluding Dragons.
1- No plants, most certainly. The closest thing to that are fungal growths of various properties that learn to thrive on the flesh, especially if that flesh is currently dead. To get an idea of what you may need, here are some common resources, widespread everywhere.

Bone Branches: Flexible branches coming from skeleton trees.
Clearblood: A milky white, tasteless liquid flowing from orifices in the fleshlands. This is what people usually drink.
Fire Larvae: When the body fluids of these large carnivorous maggots are shaken and exposed to air, they burn for about two hours. People use them to produce heat and cook food.
Glimmershard: Fragment from the carapace of a glimmer beetle. Glows brightly when in contact with blood.
Hair Grass: Incredibly strong, used to craft ropes and sewing threads.
Life Amber: A yellowish sap that is sometimes found in the marrow of bone branches. It has healing and analgesic properties when mixed with clearblood and boiled.

2- Well, about Dragons...
The second biggest creature in the known Fleshscape is most certainly the Dragon Flea. Disgustingly fat fleas, the size of a small building. They are walking disasters, housing thousands of parasites and secreting a mucus able to soften flesh. Their sight and smell are revolting, more often than not making humans instantly retch. They owe their name to the fact that they tend to inhabit the bodies of Dragons. And the great beasts do not even notice their presence.

Then, lacking thiccness but of great height are the Striders. Creatures that traverse the Fleshscape in packs, moving on long, bony and spindly legs. These legs are very resilient, but their central body is very fleshy, full of nutritious fats and tasty. They are a sought-after delicacy, altough not easy to take down without proper equipment. They tend to feed upon the eyes of hills and mountains dotted all around the fleshscape, though they have also been seen to impale prey on their long limbs and feed one another this way.

Lastly, a peculiar beast of still formidable size is the Cloudspear. Imagine a manta ray with a long, narwhal-like horn at the centre of their forehead, that soars the skies of the Fleshscape by expelling a highly pressured gas that they produce themselves into the air. Some Cloudspears grow to reach wing-spans of 60 feet.

Bah, all the talk about cults and purpose and fighting blah blah. If tribe really so small then most should be thinking same as Sinew. More people with knives make it harder to die. More people with knives make easy for others to die. The small chorus will depend upon numbers to catch, kill, and feast. Success attract more with same idea, but that come for later.

Right at beginning should be nothing but hunt, following feisty ferocious creatures to hunt again! Follow food, all of the food! And Let the scent of their wounds guide our hands.

Bah, all the talk about cults and purpose and fighting blah blah. If tribe really so small then most should be thinking same as Sinew. More people with knives make it harder to die. More people with knives make easy for others to die. The small chorus will depend upon numbers to catch, kill, and feast. Success attract more with same idea, but that come for later.

Right at beginning should be nothing but hunt, following feisty ferocious creatures to hunt again! Follow food, all of the food! And Let the scent of their wounds guide our hands.
You, I like you. We need more of you.

You think well, my child. Your think flesh makes you ideal for the position of acolyte, but that would be your choice. The flesh decides it's own path. We must perpetuate the tribe before we can perpetuate our ideals, and perpetual is the continuation of life, from life. Good argument, my child, you've been acknowledged.

You doubt the resilience of humans. The tribe will survive, no matter how many adversities it faces. And internal conflict doesn't mean a full-blown war. You can have a tenuous peace with Gurgle's fanatics, even some collaboration in dire times.
Also, always follow Rule of Cool. I'll make it work somehow. We're supposed to have fun, are we not?

If that's the case, then I'm pretty okay with that. And I was probably thinking about this a little too realistically.

It's about balance. Arguments, fights and competition can make sure the more suitable parts remains and the not needed ones are shed off. That speeds development. Survival in groups peacefully will help keep the numbers, yes, but competition outside of the group will be fierce. You need a bit of both. You need enough competition to keep pushing forward and enough numbers that agrees to move together.

I supposed then what we should think about is, what kept the pack together? We certainly have our disagreement with our characters, then, what made them a tribe?

You, I like you. We need more of you.

More of me? There no time for bedding and spewing littles when food still wandering all over.
I supposed then what we should think about is, what kept the pack together? We certainly have our disagreement with our characters, then, what made them a tribe?

Food should be theme of all, since early tribe be friendly with hunger. We Gorgers? Or We starved? Are other tribe to take our food to not be starved? Better have more blade than them. We stay Nourished while they Famished. Hunger play tricks on skull, stretches brainflesh till they eat whatever they get. Not us! We Nourish our cravings, so we should be Craven!

More of me? There no time for bedding and spewing littles when food still wandering all over.

Food should be theme of all, since early tribe be friendly with hunger. We Gorgers? Or We starved? Are other tribe to take our food to not be starved? Better have more blade than them. We stay Nourished while they Famished. Hunger play tricks on skull, stretches brainflesh till they eat whatever they get. Not us! We Nourish our cravings, so we should be Craven!
We are the Privileged Strong, and so you should know, hunter master. Tradition and passion lights our way forward, and we have you to thank for much for our power.

I mean, we need blades. We need beasts for food and other resources, forging and others. More than beasts, even.

Lol, doesn't craven mean coward?
The best cover is one that will force opponents to underestimate, eh? eh???๐Ÿ‘‰ :coolshades:๐Ÿ‘‰
I mean, we need blades. We need beasts for food and other resources, forging and others. More than beasts, even.

Beast gives all! Gives cloth, gives tool, gives food! The broken forms provide all that a growing tribe need to be big and strong.
We are the Privileged Strong, and so you should know, hunter master. Tradition and passion lights our way forward, and we have you to thank for much for our power.
Privileged? Thought all came because fleshmeat work similar? Safety and growth amongst the numbers. More food from the many blades.

The best cover is one that will force opponents to underestimate, eh? eh???๐Ÿ‘‰ :coolshades:๐Ÿ‘‰

Beast gives all! Gives cloth, gives tool, gives food! The broken forms provide all that a growing tribe need to be big and strong.

Privileged? Thought all came because fleshmeat work similar? Safety and growth amongst the numbers. More food from the many blades.
Youngling, you speak of the beast like you know him but your words lay your ignorance bare. It is a privilege to be as strong as us, and we must be ever-thankful for what we owe lest we disappoint the will of the beast. You mustn't be so arrogant as to think our number is what sets us free. Our faith and our hardflesh is what we individually control, and it's the individual that is strong. Strength is salvation.

Very interesting. Now it's Kloudy Time.

I agree with a nomadic focus. Don't get me wrong, my character, Khaoul, has the personal motive of unlocking the metal secrets of the old world beneath the Fleshscape as his main goal. But it's impossible to go on dangerous escapades through vicarious travelling adventures and continue to sustain ourselves. It'll be fun, and suicidal.

If we want to get anywhere, we'll have to attain the highest level of civilisation amongst those who inhabit the Fleshscape. That entails establishing a defensible base with which we can rest and recuperate as a tribe. Stockpiles and defenses, basically. Any number of dangerous creatures inhabit these lands, simply being combat/exploration focused won't save us.

Inversely though, I support the idea of opposing groups within the tribe. It just makes things more engaging. Internal conflicts involving two or more players vying for supremacy is the ultimate activity-generator for a roleplay. My character, for example, won't believe in neither church nor fire cult due to his logical nature. But he'll utilise their faith systems to keep the rest of the tribe in line to ensure they properly fulfil their roles, as his Taskmaster role suggests. That of course means he will go out of his way to ensure they dont gain too much control or influence within the tribe that it'd become a detriment to their jobs (in his opinion). So dont worry, there's already internal conflict.

Originally I thought beast taming would be quite powerful for our resource, but maintaining those beasts will be too taxing on our other resources such as food and clearblood, especially for an originally nomadic tribe that has no stockpiles or steady resource income. Hence why I agree with finding a stable location to call home.

I think our resource should be Calcium Carbonate, which can (for the sake of non-specific biochemistry lessons) can be found in any creature with a shell. Supposing we can find creatures with a shell, you can crush them up to serve four very important uses that will skyrocket our level of development. The reason for this is it can (normally) enrich dirt for agriculture, but this can be substituted with adding important vitamins and minerals to cured flesh meals for a healthier lifestyle. Mixing it with a sand composite (switch that for ground up bone) will create mortar for building construction, perhaps with a bit of raw blood to really cement it up. It can also be used to make soap for cleaning ourselves, which would be extremely helpful in the biologically questionable world we live in. Finally it's also used to create gunpowder, which will be invaluable when we eventually do unlock the deep secrets beneath the Fleshscape and find the lost old age tools and equipment, meaning we can create ammo for firearms.

If you don't believe me, watch Dr Stone haha

Last edited:
Very interesting. Now it's Kloudy Time.

I agree with a nomadic focus. Don't get me wrong, my character, Khaoul, has the personal motive of unlocking the metal secrets of the old world beneath the Fleshscape as his main goal. But it's impossible to go on dangerous escapades through vicarious travelling adventures and continue to sustain ourselves. It'll be fun, and suicidal.

If we want to get anywhere, we'll have to attain the highest level of civilisation amongst those who inhabit the Fleshscape. That entails establishing a defensible base with which we can rest and recuperate as a tribe. Stockpiles and defenders, basically. Any number of dangerous creatures inhabit these lands, simply being combat/exploration focused won't save us.

Inversely though, I support the idea of opposing groups within the tribe. It just makes things more engaging. Internal conflicts involving two or more players vying for supremacy is the ultimate activity-generator for a roleplay. My character, for example, won't believe in neither church nor fire cult due to his logical nature. But he'll utilise their faith systems to keep the rest of the tribe in line to ensure they properly fulfil their roles, as his Taskmaster role suggests. That of course means he will go out of his way to ensure theyvdont gain too much control or influence within the tribe that it'd become a detriment to their jobs (in his opinion). So dont worry, there's already internal conflict.

Originally I thought beast taming would be quite powerful for our resource, but maintaining those beasts will be too taxing on our other resources such as food and clearblood, especially for an originally nomadic has no stockpiles or steady resource income. Hence why I agree with finding a stable location to call home.

I think our resource should be Calcium Carbonate, which can (for the sake of non-specific biochemistry lessons) can be found in any creature with a shell. Supposing we can find creatures with a shell, you can crush them up to serve four very important uses that will skyrocket our level of development. The reason for this is it can (normally) enrich dirt for agriculture, but this can be substituted with adding important vitamins and minerals to cured flesh meals for a healthier lifestyle. Mixing it with a sand composite (switch that for ground up bone) will create mortar for building construction, perhaps with a bit of raw blood to really cement it up. It can also be used to make snap for flea ing ourselves, which would be extremely helpful in the biologically questionable world we live in. Finally it's also used to create gunpowder, which will be invaluable when we eventually do unlock the deep secrets beneath the Fleshscape and find the lost old age tools and equipment, meaning we can create ammo for firearms.

If you don't believe me, watch Dr Stone haha
My dear Kloud, you are wise but you lack vision. Without exploration we can not transcend our contemporaries. Gambles are required for greatness, and I believe in all of us. However, we won't discover anything new by staying in place. Please, mighty one, follow us to greatness and don't let sloth fester in the shadow of conformity.

...I don't have a fire cult. D: But now I'm thinking I should.
Go for it. I may even make a crafter/scout archer that worships it myself. Of course my Taskmaster has other pressing issues, but that's all part of the fun.

more and more about the boringness.... Fancy words not lead to the mystery thing, warm flame good but no lead cuz it just hand magic. Follow food!

The food know more about land than tiny tribe. It feeds here, it nests here, it more used to environment. We take food's knowledge as well as it's body, that surest way of finding answers!

My dear Kloud, you are wise but you lack vision. Without exploration we can not transcend our contemporaries. Gambles are required for greatness, and I believe in all of us. However, we won't discover anything new by staying in place. Please, mighty one, follow us to greatness and don't let sloth fester in the shadow of conformity.
Reread my first point. We cannot go anywhere to explore if we don't have the means to explore. It's like jumping into a fire to see what fire feels like without having a bucket of water on hand. My character already wants to do the whole exploration thing as his passion, but his brains allows him not to be a fool about it. I believe this is the most vision that's been suggested so far.

Oh, and I'm not gambling on a goddamn thing until one of us has the Lucky trait lmao

Moving around doesn't mean we are just fleeing all the time. We can still have scouts and explorers and another group of people tending to camps. However, I think the same location might provides a false security and make it easy for other tribes to strike. There is some benefits in mobility and flexibility still. It will make it less devastating when we have to escape.

That also means when we find resources we don't have to risk as much to bring it back, or risk long separation with the others.

Fortified defenses, permanent stockpiles, buildings built to withstand weathering and damage. Consider the civilisation aspect.

more and more about the boringness.... Fancy words not lead to the mystery thing, warm flame good but no lead cuz it just hand magic. Follow food!

The food know more about land than tiny tribe. It feeds here, it nests here, it more used to environment. We take food's knowledge as well as it's body, that surest way of finding answers!
And you know I'm the only one to uncover the secrets of dying flesh. Place your faith in me and you won't be disappointed.
Reread my first point. We cannot go anywhere to explore if we don't have the means to explore. It's like jumping into a fire to see what fire feels like without having a bucket of water on hand. My character already wants to do the whole exploration thing as his passion, but his brains allows him not to be a fool about it. I believe this is the most vision that's been suggested so far.

Oh, and I'm not gambling on a goddamn thing until one of us has the Lucky trait lmao
(Grieve has lucky)
Moving around doesn't mean we are just fleeing all the time. We can still have scouts and explorers and another group of people tending to camps. However, I think the same location might provides a false security and make it easy for other tribes to strike. There is some benefits in mobility and flexibility still. It will make it less devastating when we have to escape.

That also means when we find resources we don't have to risk as much to bring it back, or risk long separation with the others.
Flexibility with our independent strength is the true choice.
Fortified defenses, permanent stockpiles, buildings built to withstand weathering and damage. Consider the civilisation aspect.
Civilization failed long before our time. We must continue to trust in our individual strength, for that is our true might.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back