• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Flamel Academy[Ooc/Lore]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Orin

High King

• Important Info

Aura- an aura is the energy field that surrounds every living being. Every aura has a color or combination of colors as well as a particular scent, some examples in the books were lavender, vanilla ice cream, snakes, sulfur, and mint.

Magic: magic in this universe is simplified by the idea that it is simply imagination given shape and form by your aura. All forms of magic drains the aura and can leave someone physically exhausted if overused.

Elemental Magics:

Fire magic: “It is said that the Magic of Air, Water, or even Earth is the most powerful magic of all. They are wrong. The Magic of Fire surpasses all others.”
    • Healing: Masters of fire can heal certain types of wounds with fire by fusing and reforming tissue.
    • Pyromancy: Masters of fire can create, extinguish, manipulate, move, and throw fire. Fire can be formed into shapes.
    • Thermokinesis: Masters of fire can greatly heat an object or enemy with a touch.
    • Welding: Masters of fire can melt and fuse stone, metal, and many other substances.
    Professor of Fire: Josh Newman

Water Magic: “It is said that the Magic of Air or Fire or even Earth is the most powerful magic of all. But that is wrong. The Magic of Water surpasses all others, for water is both the lifegiver and the deathbringer.
    • Hydromancy: Masters of water can create, move, and shape water into nearly any shape or form imaginable.
    • Manipulation of Bodies of Water: Masters of water can manipulate rivers and oceans, such as impacting tidal currents, causing floods, and creating waves.
    • Thermokinesis: Masters of water can manipulate the temperature of water, causing it to boil or freeze.
    • Weather Manipulation: Masters of water can create rain, clouds, and storms.
    Professor of Water: Gilgamesh

Air Magic: “It is said that the Magic of Fire, Water, or even Earth is the strongest magic. They are wrong. The Magic of Air surpasses all others.”
    • Aeromancy: Masters of air can greatly compress and decompress air. Air can be manipulated to form tornadoes, walls, and shields. Highly pressurized air can be shaped into blades, orbs, blasts, and explosions.
    • Exnomophis: Masters of air can alter the balance of the components that make up air.
    • Flight: Masters of air can fly by manipulating air currents.
    • Manipulation of Weather: Masters of air can create powerful tornadoes, hurricanes, twisters, whirlwinds etc.
    • Thermokinesis: Masters of air can change the temperature of air, either freezing it or heating it to extreme temperatures.
    • Typhokinesis: Masters of air can manipulate air particulates, such as smoke, mist, and clouds.
    Professor of Air: Sophie Newman

Earth Magic: “It is said that the Magic of Air, Water, or even Fire is the most powerful magic of all. They are wrong. The Magic of Earth surpasses them all
    • Lithomancy: Masters of earth can create, form, and move earth at will.
    • Phytokinesis: Masters of earth can create and manipulate earth-based life, such as plants.
    • Thermokinesis: Masters of earth can manipulate the temperature of earth, causing it to boil and turn into a molten state.
    • Transmutation: Masters of earth can alter the composition of earth.
    Professor of Earth: Tsagaglalal (Prefers Agnes)

Magicians: magicians are masters at manipulating and shaping their aura to suit their needs. They are capable of making light sources, auric constructs and so much more.

Basic ability:
    Auric Constructs

Sorcery: Sorcerers deal with the raw power of the four elemental magics; Fire, Water Earth, and Air. Though many sorcerers typically choose one magic to master, all sorcerers are capable enough to tap into all the elemental forms of magic but not on the same level as their innate element.
    Basic ability:
    Limited Elemental Control

Enchanting: Enchanters are similar to magicians but instead of creating things with their aura, they use their aura to empower objects. A normal stick could become sharper than a sword, a baseball harder than steel.
    Basic ability:
    Enhancing

Alchemy: Alchemist study the law of equivalent exchange, potion making, and how science interacts with magic. Alchemist are able to change the very wold around them by changing and manipulating the molecular structure of anything they touch.

Basic ability:
    Transmutation

Last edited:
For the CS, what does it mean by the school I'm assigned to?

For the CS, what does it mean by the school I'm assigned to?
The four schools are

Magicians, Sorcerers, Enchanters, and Alchemist.

The school you are assigned to is whatever school you wanted your character to be in.

Do we use anime or real faceclaims for the CS?
And can you give an example for sensory control? I don’t really understand what that means

Do we use anime or real faceclaims for the CS?
And can you give an example for sensory control? I don’t really understand what that means
Um I prefer anime or drawing but honestly I’m not picky.

And yep

So in this universe, our characters have heightened senses so heightened sense of smell, sight, touch, heightened hearing and taste. So Sensory control is basically how well your character can control and use these senses to their advantage.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask anymore questions

I’ll do a run down just in case

Auric Control: how well you can control and shape your aura

Elemental Prowess: how well you can control the elemental magics

Alchemic Knowledge: what level is your character’s knowledge of Alchemy Are they more of a beginner or well versed

Auric Construct strength: how strong is your character’s constructs? Can they cut through steel or is it weak like paper.

Stamina: basically how physically active your character can be, remember using your aura depletes your stamina and physical strength.

Physical Strength: how physically strong your character is, using aura depletes physical strength and stamina.

Sensory Control: how well your character can control their heightened senses.

Been trying to remember the name of it for years to read it again, so I'm very glad you decided to do an RP of it!

So for future reference

The awakening process is a horrible experience and extremely dangerous. One by one all of your five senses are enhanced to the point where it hurts. You can hear a pen drop from a mile away, see a fly’s wing from across a house, feel every groove and detail in anything you touch, smell odors from days past, and taste the individual ingredients of any food. During the awakening process your character will feel more pain than they have ever felt before.

Each starter post will begin with your characters awakening process and then the week that follows when the school sends Golems to transport you to Flamel academy. Some will get there by boat, some by plane, and some by car.

Where in the world is the Flamel Academy, roughly. Just to help with my starter post.

Where in the world is the Flamel Academy, roughly. Just to help with my starter post.
Flamel Academy sits in a shadow realm just outside San Francisco in the US. The entrance is a small right turn just before the Golden Gate Bridge.

"[Name], [son/daughter] of [Name] and [Name], of Clan [Name], of the race humani..."

"I Awaken this great power within you... These are the senses that the humani have abandoned."

"To see with acuity..."

"To hear with clarity..."

"To taste with purity...

"To touch with sensitivity..."

"To smell with intensity..."

So just incase you all wanna add it into your backstory or first post. These are the words that all of our characters hear when the awakening happens. The cs I’m gonna post in the next hour will give you an example of how the awakening process works.

Well Eli is up, still tweaking him a bit but wanted you guys to see how the awakening will go and how all of characters meet Nicholas and Perenelle and are invited to the school. No your characters don’t have to end up in the hospital nor do they need to pass out but they will be extremely week after the process and all of their senses will be on 10

My plans for Rory in the future is to have him be a very aura centric fighter. Create swords out of his auric constructs and perhaps combine it with his wind element when he gets proficient enough.

My plans for Rory in the future is to have him be a very aura centric fighter. Create swords out of his auric constructs and perhaps combine it with his wind element when he gets proficient enough.
That sounds cool! I’m thinking I might make Eli an Enchanter just to even the houses a little. Give him some way to strengthen his constructs

I'm planning to put a heavy elemental focus on Blake, perhaps mixing in his Alchemy to give him a lot more flexibility

Users who are viewing this thread

Back