• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fixers: Japan Edition

Characters
Here
Crow

Hideki couldn’t help himself when Candy introduced herself to him. “Finally a proper introduction! And do you think people can be a Fixer without a full background check? Shadow and Zuki are the only ones I can’t seem to find anything about, but Daisuke swears by them.” He couldn’t help but grin over at his better half, her face was so red! It was turning his face red, his heart was pounding out of his chest. Who knew letting her know his real name would feel so good? Soon she was hopping up and barking at him to get ready, to which he gave a small nod and slipped on some sneakers. “Yes ma’am! On the double.”

Soon the pair was taking one of the cars across town in a familiar direction. She had been on his back about getting out more; restaurants, parks, literally anywhere but his house or the bar. So the fact that she took him to the bar was sort of comical? He didn’t laugh though, he absolutely loved the bar and anything that was important to Candy. And this time was different already, they were pulling around the back of the bar. Hideki stood from the car and stretched his tall body out as she hurried and typed in the code to the fire escape, looking around as he climbed up after. He was just glad it was so secure, he had worried about her living on her own before but she seemed to make sure she was protected.

“I said you could take me anywhere, this counts as anywhere. I’m excited to finally see your place!” Wait. Wasn’t this what couples do? Go to each other’s place? She had him in the bar before sure, but this was the first time he was visiting her home. Hideki felt his cheeks heat as he thought more about it. The next thing he knew they were entering the apartment and his eyes lit up as he looked at everything. It was all so her. The colors of the lights, the posters, the furniture. It screamed Candy in every inch that his eyes landed on and he loved it. “Lame? Hey.” Hideki turned his focus on looking around to turning to her, a bright smile on his face as he cupped her face in his large warm hands. “This is the coolest place I’ve ever seen! I can tell it’s your place, and I love it. Thank you for bringing me here. It means a lot.” With that said he kissed the top of her head before he let her go and turned back around. “So that’s where you played video games with me? Huh. This is so cool! Life in Candy’s Shoes, it should be a documentary. Only, I don’t want people in here but me. So that idea is out.”

Doc

“Well it’s nice to know you had some good memories.” Asa glanced at the rabbit with a small smile before his attention went back to Akari as she went through the box. Her dad seemed like the guy who didn’t like pets. Plus, wasn’t she allergic to Gus Gus? “Did your parents fight a lot? I mean, I’m sure you can’t remember much from all the way back then. Or maybe it was just easier not to look so he didn’t remember?” Asa didn’t have any pictures or momentos from his parents or brother. They lived a rough life, he could remember his parents fighting from time to time. Still, he had some good memories. If he had pictures he’d want them around. Especially if he was Akaris dad! The kids still should have been able to see pictures of their mom. The whole thing was shady.

As she pulled out the mechanical box Asa’s brows lifted with curiosity. “Hey, this is pretty wild as is. Maybe next time we’ll find a lair.” Asa was attempting to keep the mood light, but the moment she opened something she was quickly closing it. A hit list? “Your mom seemed like the type to be better than having a hit list? I mean, I didn’t know the woman obviously. But you don’t look like you could come from a trained killer? I guess you don’t look like you come from an asshole father though.”

Slowly he opened up the book to try and make sense of it. The page had several names written and just as many crossed off. If the book was true then she was a damn good assassin. No names that he knew off the top of his head. That is, until he got to the last name. There were things you never forgot in life and your parents name were one. “Ai and Kenji Ishii. Those…were my parents.” Written next to those crossed off names were a pair of names that made his body freeze. “Kairi and Kaito Ishii. That was my brothers and mine name. It’s crossed off.”

Asa was quiet for a long, eerie moment. It was like he was thinking so hard he forgot to breath. Without warning he popped the diary she had handed him into the chest and hugged her to his chest with a heavy sigh. “Why don’t we take the box home? You take this at your own pace. It doesn’t change anything, it’s just sone odd news. We’ll figure it out. But this place?” Asa moved his hand from around her to motion around them at the whole storage unit, once again speaking in his calm and rational tone. “This isn’t the place to do it. Gather some things and let’s go, okay?”

Last edited:
Sherlock

“I don’t honestly remember her at all. Any memory is mostly fleeting, until I saw those pictures I could barely recall her face.” Akari sighed and tan a hand through her short blonde locks. Her mother looked exactly like her in the face except for her eyes and hair. Akari dyed hers but even without bleaching it her hair was still much more fair in coloration than either of her parents. “My brothers always said the two barely spoke, my dad was always so busy and my mom was rarely at the house unless she was pregnant with one of us I hear. Though I guess now I know why.” The thought made her stomach turn, she hadn’t gotten a good look at that list on the front page of the diary but it seemed quite long.

Then Asa spoke up and Akari felt her stomach drop to her feet. “What?” She turned and stared at him while he read out the names, “But you’re not dead. You’re standing right here Asa.” He was quiet for a long time, it felt strange to say nothing but she couldn’t come up with words. What was she supposed to say? Sorry? She wanted to a million times over but it felt cheap. Her mother was the reason behind all the pain Asa had ever been through. She was the catalyst that began all the bullshit! Suddenly Asa was placing the diary away and pulling Akari towards his chest, wrapping his arms around her tightly in a way she was sure had to be hurting his wounds slightly.

“Why are you comforting me when it was my family that caused you so much harm?” Akari sniffled as she held onto him too, adjusting so her cheek rested against his chest as she spoke. He was right, this wasn’t the place and they should head back but for a moment she just needed to stand here. “I know it doesn’t help but I am very sorry. I can’t change anything or do anything and it kills me but, I am very sorry Asa.” Akari gave him a quick glance before finally pulling away from him and moving to gather some things from the box. The chest was an obvious grab as was a few different books from the box that appeared to be address books, though she assumed anything to do with the Suits would be locked away in the chest. Akari also grabbed her stuffed rabbit and an old photo of her and Emi from the box of her things. When she had first opened her mothers items she had intended to return with some of the family photos but now… she couldn’t even look at them.

“Let’s go.” Akari held into the things while Asa took her back to the car in the wheelchair. The ride back to the house was mostly silent except for the rain that slowly began to fall as they neared the house.

“A lot of the cars seem to be gone, I wonder if anyone is even home.” Akari spoke plainly as they exited the car and made their way inside, it was quickly apparent that they were the only ones in the house. Everyone else must have gone out for the night or something. Akari headed into the living room and placed the chest on the table with the other items before standing and staring at them for a while. Part of her was eager for answers, wanting to tear into it all and finally know more about all of the bullshit they had endured. But the other part knew Asa was right and that she should take this at a pace that wouldn’t overwhelm her.

“It’s not my place but, I want to start with the first diary. And I want to focus on why your family was ever on her list. I know you’ve been looking for answers for a long time too and it’s the least I can do to help you Asa.” Akari turned and looked at him, rubbing her arm awkwardly. “If you’ll let me that is?” She didn’t want to overstep and dig into something he didn’t want dug into but she knew how it felt to be left in the dark, to want to know what went wrong so bad that it consumed your entire being. As dark as the answer seemed to be, at least they now had the tools to find it.

Akari sat down on the couch and opened the chest yet again, reaching in to pull out the first diary and opening to the first page again. Her fingers traced over the names slowly, hovering when she reached the family that she now knew was Asa’s. Why would she have crossed off him as well when he clearly hadn’t been killed, he was standing right here with her. Akari flipped to the next page and her eyes scanned over the first diary entry, it was notes on her hit. Times, places, objectives. The pages after that were all the same, each entry being a different target and all her notes on trailing them. Asa’s family appeared to be the last one in the book and when she reached it she stopped reading and looked up at him.

“I found her notes on you. Would you like to read them or leave it for another day?”

Candy

Candy was so happy that Crow seemed to actually be excited to come visit her apartment. Now that she was here and they were inside it was actually kind of embarrassing to let someone else into her world but it felt nice at the same time, like she wasn’t so alone. It had been just her in these walls for a long time now, outside her front door was a hallway that lead to the rest of the apartment that she never used. The kitchen to the unit sat untouched as did the living room and bathroom. And her parents room. Ever since they died she hadn’t had the courage to even walk down the hall to that side of the apartment ever again. Instead she hung a curtain in the hall to block it all off and simply only used the hall to get to the stairwell that led down to the bar. When she was hungry she would order out or cook down in the bar, she had a small half bath in her bedroom that served her just fine. This way she didn’t have to face how alone she was here. The bedroom she lived in had always just been her… the rest of the home though was once lively.

Her thoughts were cut off when Crow turned to her and took her face between his hands to look down at her. He kissed the top of her head and she felt her face heat up for what must have been the hundredth time today. Surely she wasn’t the only one who had feelings here right? He wasn’t just a good friend who was insanely affectionate? “Y-yeah! And my desk chair is actually a Candy original via some of the funds you guys sent me once. I built it myself because all the other gaming chairs I could find sucked. It has a foot rest and chargers for my controllers in the arm rests.” She spoke proudly of her build as Crow continued to look around.

“I thought maybe we could order take out and play something? Maybe watch a movie? I know it’s not much different from what we do at the house but…” Candy pulled at her sleeves nervously, “I wanted to bring the person I care about most here. To be the first person I brought here besides my parents.” Crow joked about the documentary comment and Candy felt herself let out a small chuckle, “I promise, no other people here. Here we can be Hideki and Cho without anyone to worry about or judge us.”

Daisuke Tanaka

Daisuke watched as the girls went inside before asking the driver to pull into the alley to let him out of the car. He knew he was probably being overly cautious but he was quickly learning that they needed to be when dealing with the Suits. Daisuke jumped out of the back of the car and kept his head down as he unlocked the side door that led into the kitchen and down into the bar. It only took a few extra minutes but by the time he got inside Esme was already off clinging to Pepe and Zuki was sitting in their normal booth with a table full of shots lined up. “We will figure it out Zuki.” He assured her as he sat down in the booth and quickly tossed back one of the shots of clear liquid. “I haven’t let you down yet have I?” Daisuke was honestly terrified this would be the one time he did but for now he needed to try his best to put on a brave face.

“Honestly it’s hilarious you say they’re alike because as children Esme was insanely jealous of Emi. They never really knew each other but Esme had always wanted to be my wife. That was just the stupid world we grew up in, arraigned marriage for business deals between families. Emi was meant to be my fiancé from when we were way too young to really know what it meant but neither of us were ever the type to want to deal with that sort of thing. So when Emi told her dad to fuck off, Esme got her wish.” Daisuke chuckled as he looked over at Esme and Pepe flirting with each other across the counter. “Honestly I hope it goes well for her, she’s got a good heart she’s just a tad bit unhinged. I just hope we can figure shut out so everyone has a chance to be happy. “

Daisuke tossed back another shot, then another… and another. The more he thought about this marriage the more liquid courage he seemed to need to not feel like he was dying on the inside. Daisuke had done so much to leave behind the life he was raised in and here it was grabbing him by the neck again, only this time it was his life on the line and not his inheritance. Besides him Zuki spoke up and he turned to her with a small hum in response to her calling his name. When she brought up marrying him again he nearly cut her off but she continued before he could. And god was he not expecting her to say what she said.

Maybe it was the drinking, maybe it was the stress of everything happening around them or maybe it was purely his terrible sense of self control. But after a few silent minutes of processing while Zuki had already moved onto drinking more, Daisuke moved closer to her in the booth and tilted her face to look at him gently with one of his large hands.

Then he kissed her. It was like his body moved on his own, it started off clumsy and awkward but quickly Daisuke gained his confidence and deepened it, taking his other hand to run through her hair before pulling away and resting his forehead on hers. “I don’t want you to help it, because I love you too. Why do you think I get so mad when you try and fix things in your own? Do you think I’d go to bat this much for any of my other clients or something? No. It’s you. It’s because I love you.”

A week ago Daisuke would have been over the moon at what was happening but honestly right now it just felt like a kick to the stomach. They were both stuck in a situation where there was seemingly no good outcome and the idea of running away was sounding better and better. “I got upset when you said anything about marriage to help me out of this mess because I didn’t want to ruin it for you. I-I did so much because I believe in marrying for love and it felt wrong to use it to try and fix my situation. I still think it feels wrong, I don’t want to marry you that way. I want it to be amazing, the type of thing you’re worthy of. Not part of some scheme because of these fucking Suits assholes.”

Kage;Shadow

“Don’t worry about it, I feel like I’ve put you through enough shit since you’ve moved in with us. We can call it even okay?” Kage stopped the car as she spoke and he nearly choked on his words when she leaned across him to press in the code to the gate. Dammit why was he acting like this? Why was his body betraying what was normally calm and collected mind.

Soon enough he was able to shake off the thought and the two of them were pulling up to the house and headed inside. Already he felt like a fish out of water, this place was so different from Crows place. This was a different kind of rich, like high society old money type rich. “Never okay? I won’t hate you. Don’t worry about that.” She opened the door and the two were inside the obnoxious place and greyed by a tall man that he assumed was Emi’s father. In a way the two kind of looked alike but honestly it was hard to imagine her ever living in his home.

The man started speaking and Kage. Instantly he could tell this dude was an ass. Something about the way he carried himself, like he was better than everyone in the room. Kage wanted to tell him to fuck off and leave, taking Emi with him, but he knew that would be bad for her in the long run. “Sorry to disappoint sir. My name is-“ He paused for a moment, he didn’t think about this. “Lee Giwoon. Nice to meet you.” He bowed his head slightly, the only name he had been able to come up with on short notice was the one his brother had been using as an alias.

The man left after dropping a total bomb on Emi and Kage felt his chest tighten. “He can’t make you do anything you don’t want to do Emi, remember that you’re on your own. You don’t live under this roof or have to follow his rules. You’re successful without them okay?” He walked over to her and smoothed out her hair, holding the back of her head gently as he tried to calm her down. “Now let’s just get this dinner over with and go back home.”

-

It was the most uncomfortable dinner of his life. Emi had been berated a few times, Kage had been called names he hadn’t heard before, the fiancé was a fucking bug of a person and the food was mid. Thankfully the night seemed to be coming to an end now but he could tell that Emi was still very upset over the whole thing.

Kage reached over under the table as subtly as he could and rested his hand on her knee. The plates were being cleared from the table in front of them and a maid had brought out wine and an assortment of deserts for after.

“Emi don’t forget you have that meeting with the bar this evening.” Kage smiled over at Emi earnestly. “Emi has gained quite the popularity in the journalist world, there’s a bar downtown that’s offered her the scoop on their remodel and plans for their expansion.” Of course that bar was Candys… and there was no plans for a remodel but he hoped Emi would catch onto his fake appointment and use it as an excuse to escape.

Sunny

If Kage hadn’t been here to help she wouldn’t have been able to stay so strong. Akari would have said the same thing, but the way his hand on her head felt made her visible relax. Yeah, she was out on her own and didn’t owe them anything. It worked once why couldn’t she use the same defense? And…he said he wouldn’t hate her because of this. That alone was going to help her through this. “Our home. Right.” Emi smiled bashfully up at him, soaking up their small moment before things got worse. Her home with all her friends, her home with him.

The dinner was awful. Her parents were bad on a normal dinner with Akari, and Emi was foolish to think that her parents would be polite to someone. She should have just gone by herself, then at least he wouldn’t have to go through all the insults. And he wouldn’t have had to meet the disgusting person her parents wanted her to marry! How embarrassing, and what a fucking joke. She poked at her food a bit and tried to avoid talking, only speaking when she was addressed. It was better not to say anything, just breath and get it over with. She had zoned out at some point of the dreaded fiancés accomplishment stories, only really perking back up when she felt a warm hand on her knee.

“Oh! Yeah, I almost completely forgot about that. Thank you. Well Hiro, nice to meet you but, as I’ve told my parents to before, I will marry when I am good and ready to. And with someone I’ve chosen, not who they choose for me. Good luck on the endeavors. Mom, dad, please stop doing this. Okay?” Emi’s voice was chipper as she stood up and smoothed out her dress. “Emi this isn’t really up for debate. You love your friend Akari, right? It’s be a shame to have her framed and arrested for something.” Emi was already halfway to the exit when Hiro spoke, her whole body freezing and tensing up.

“What?” Her voice lost the confidence she had worked so hard to build up. She turned back around to face the table and felt her heart pound in her chest; she wouldn’t anything happen to Akari if she could help it. “Emi, really. You’ve had your fun with Akari and now you girls are living with a bunch of men? It’s time to grow up and get serious. You’re my child and it’s time to get involved with the family business. Your first step is to getting married. I knew Akari would be useful sometime and it seems I’m having to play this card already. You can have some time to get your affairs in order and quit your silly little job and come play your part.” Her dads voice put the final nail in her fated coffin. Emi would do anything to save Akari. “Can I have until the end of the year at least?” Her voice cracked a little as she looked down at the ground. Kage was here, she had to get him out before he lost it. “We can work out the details later, we really have to go.” Emi grabbed Kage’s hand desperately, avoiding eye contact as she tugged him towards the door with her. This was already a disaster and she didn’t want them to threaten Kage on top of Akari.

Last edited:
Luna

As Daisuke spoke Zuki felt herself sink back into the booth, nodding as she placed another empty shot glass on the table. “No, you’ve never let me down before.” But they were never up against something this big before. She had to focus on winning, but she was also bracing herself for what could happen. Though, the thought of Esme being jealous of Emi made her smile a little to herself. Esme suddenly because even more of an interesting addition to the shopping trip tomorrow.

Suddenly Daisuke was moving to her side and moving her face, her pale cheeks lighting up slightly. Before she could say anything his lips were clumsily crashing into hers and she couldn’t help but smile into the kiss. When she finally processed what was happening she found herself leaning into the kiss. Was this really happening? Her hands gently cupped his face as they continued to kiss, her heart pounding so loudly she swore he could hear it. As their lips parted and their foreheads met her eyes fluttered open, her hands falling from his face to his chest. Zuki’s eyes met his as he spoke and she swore this had to be a dream. He didn’t reject her, he even reciprocated her feelings!

“Daisuke any wedding with you would be amazing. Even if it’s something horribly cheesy, like by Elvis. I’d marry you because I want to, not because of the Suits.” One hand reached up to push a piece of hair out of his face with a small smile. “Taking some time to get to know each other would be ideal, but I know I wouldn’t want to be with anyone else tomorrow or ten years from now.” Call it all the vodka or the kiss, but Zuki was being quite talkative and open. It was all true though, she didn’t want to see herself anywhere but next to him. “The ball is in your court now, mister Tanaka. Want to get on board with getting hitched?”

Doc

A normal person could be seen being angry about this, but as Asa always said he was a calculating individual. This was something he had NEVER seen coming. But he didn’t look at it like her. It was said, it was done, there was nothing to be done about it. Still, he found himself struggling to comfort her with his words. All he could have done was hug her and try to support her…that’s all he wanted to focus on now. The information was overwhelming as he tried hard to focus on the task at hand.

The ride home was quiet, save for the rain that only depressed the mood further. Akari’s mother killed his whole family, even wrote him off as dead. Asa was alive though so the book wasn’t quite accurate. “Candy must have gotten the hermit out finally. Good.” As Asa stood from the car he attempted to make a joke, tossing the keys back in their place as they entered the home. At least they didn’t have to explain anything to anyone. Well, not yet. The tall man tailed after Akari as he rubbed his sore chest, giving a small nod as she said what she wanted to focus on. “No, go ahead. It’s a good idea. It doesn’t change anything that happened but it’d be nice to get some answers.” It was a struggle to find the right words to her. She was kicking herself for some unknown reason. She wasn’t responsible at all, and not saying something was probably making it worse. So he watched her go through the pages he stared at her thoughtfully. It was then she offered him the book, and Asa let out a small exhausted sigh.“Let’s tackle this another day, it has been a rather informative day and I think we need a break.”

Asa moved to pour them a couple glasses of liquor, the only noise being made was the sound of glasses clinking together as he moved back to the couch. One hand handed her the drink and the other smoothed out her hair in a calming manner. “Akari, I love my life. I love the professor, I love the opportunities I’ve had in life. While what happened wasn’t ideal, I wouldn’t have met you if it hadn’t happened. Do not apologize for anything, because I’m happy to have met you. Quit beating yourself up over something you had no control over.” Comforting people wasn’t his strong suit but he hoped this would help put her at ease.

Crow

After looking around the bright lights and the details of her home he happened to notice the hall with the curtain. He didn’t want to pry or dig into it at all; Crow knew that she had a family and that they had to have lived somewhere, he just assumed it was down there and they were painful memories. She was far too happy to mention something like that. “Charging ports in the chair, huh? How much would one of those run me? Can I hire you to build me one?” The tall brown and teal colored haired man straightened up and turned around to admire her hard work. It was so cool! She made such cool things and she liked to work on cars. He liked cool things and he liked to buy cool cars, they made a perfect pair.

Soon Candy was talking about takeout and a movie as he studied the specs on the chair, though his body froze at the end. Care about most? Besides her parents… Hideki and Cho. His face was beet red and his heart was going to pound out of his chest. This was a HUGE honor. He was the first to be in her sanctuary? “I’d be honored if we could do that.” Crow spun back around to see her with a goofy happy smile on his face, rubbing the back of his neck. “Mind if we do this once a week or something? Make it a date? I really like it here, and I’d love for us to just be us together.”

Kage;Shadow

Kage thanked a god that he didn’t believe in that Emi understood the hints he was giving her so they could get the hell out of there. The woman even tried to stand up for herself and Kage couldn’t help but let a cocky smirk spread across his face. Of course that look dropped when her father mentioned Akari and started threatening her. “Excuse me?” Kage blurted out at the man’s boldness, only to be floored even more when Emi instantly backed down. He wanted to yell at the man and tell him to go fuck himself but he knew that would make things harder. He was about to break when Emi grabbed his hand and yanked on him to get him to leave. “Fine.”

Kage turned to follow her, letting her hand go and wrapping an arm around her waist to keep her close and move her forward as they made their way out of the dining room and towards the front door. Only before they could make it there, Emi’s fiancé reached out and yanked Emi by the arm to pull her away from Kage. The mistake made here was that the man thought he was stronger than Kage and that he thought grabbing a woman like an object was a good idea. “Emi go start the car.” He had been holding her tightly but loosened his grip so she could move, turning and looking at the other man with a look that could kill. “Listen here buddy, I don’t know who you are or what you do. I also don’t care. What I do know is that whatever little plan you and her father have, I will end it someway, somehow. But until I can rid Emi of a putrid little leech like you, I’ll have to deal with you. And I don’t think you’re going to like how I deal with you.”

Kage pulled back and sent his fist into the man’s jaw, knocking him to the floor with one hit. “Fucking WATCH YOURSELF.” Kage growled and turned to head out the door, flipping the man off without turning back, “Sue me.”

Outside Kage quickly got into the car with Emi in the passenger seat. “That probably caused you more trouble but honestly fuck that guy.” He took the car out of park and sped towards the gate and down the driveway, the further they got the better. Hell it already felt like he could breathe again. “We’re not going to let him do that to you okay? And we both know Akari is too smart to get framed by his stupid ass.” Kage finally calmed down his erratic driving as they reached some traffic, slowing to the speed limit and glancing over at her.

“Emi I will do whatever I need to okay? So don’t worry about it and don’t let him belittle you. You’re job isn’t silly and you are an amazing person. You’re successful, a good friend, you’re smart kind. You’re beautiful. You’re better than some fucking stupid bug eyed man with no sense of fucking manners.” Not that Kage had manners either but it seemed to be the best insult his flustered brain could come up with in the heat of the moment.

Daisuke Tanaka

Daisuke felt like he could explode, just right there in the booth if the bar. He had forgotten everything around them and he didn’t care. “Woman you’re stealing my thunder.” Zuki mentioned her marriage plan again and for the first time Daisuke didn’t feel himself getting irrationally angry at the thought, he actually felt kind of happy? “Listen, I think it’s an amazing plan. And I’m willing to go through with it if you are but I have one condition.” Daisuke finally pulled back from her and instead chose to hold her face gently between his hands and look down at her after he sat up slightly.

“Zuki you have you promise me that this marriage will be pending a real one, one where I get to actually propose to you after actually taking you out on dates and getting to know you more. One where I give you a wedding you’re worthy of and not just some cheesy wedding from Elvis.” Daisuke chuckled at the thought and ran his thumb over her cheek slowly. “I love you and I know that now, nothing will change it but I want us to do this right. I know you say you’ll be happy no matter what and I believe that but I want to give you more some day okay?”

Daisuke wasn’t exactly sure if they would ever reach someday, but it was a promise he wanted to make now. Give himself something more to fight for amidst all this bullshit. He wasn’t sure what was in their future because of all the threats from the Suits and such, but he knew he wanted her by his side. Hell he always had, it was why he always bailed her out and fought for her both in court and outside of court.

“Oh and we have to figure out a new lawyer for you because technically I won’t be able to defend you once you’re my wife. But that’s small potatoes.” Daisuke chuckled and dropped his hands before looking away from her and over to where Esme and Pepe sat flirting. “Maybe we could tell her what we’re up to. It honestly doesn’t seem like she knows anything about the suits and her father would give that woman the world. Maybe if she’s on our side we would finally have a leg up on the situation.”

Sherlock

Asa took the book from her and closed it once again, he was right, she needed to process this but she was just so fucking worked up it was insane! Akaris mind couldn’t stop doing backflips as she tried to make sense of it all and she hated feeling so flustered. When he handed her the glass of whiskey she could have sworn she almost sighed at the thought of a drink.

He began to speak to her as he sat beside her on the couch. Akari sipped at her drink slowly, the burning feeling in her chest slowly calming her brain down from the events of the day. Well that and Asa’s words. “Wasn’t ideal.” Akari set down her drink on the coffee table and let out a curt laugh. “Sometimes you have such a way with words Asa.”

“I’m not happy with what history has done, what people in the past decided to do with their lives and what to take from others. But I will also admit I’m happy it lead to my life today. I don’t know what I would have done if I hadn’t grown up with Emi instead of my brothers. I don’t want to imagine it. And I don’t want to think about never meeting all you idiots, never meeting you.” Akari paused and hung her head for a moment as her face flushed. She felt ashamed and embarrassed to admit that, it felt like she should have to live and repent for what her mother had done. It felt shameful to admit that despite the terrible things that brought them together that she was still happy they had met.

The blonde pushed some of her hair from her face before reaching forward and taking the drink from the table once again, downing it in one swoop before removing the ring from her hand that had once belonged to her mother. “Thank you for finding it, I really appreciate what you went through to get it back for me. But I think now I’ll just keep it as a key, nothing more.” Akari set the ring on top of the box before turning back to Asa finally. “Thank you for everything, really.”

Sunny

From the moment Hiro grabbed her wrist Emi felt herself shut down. Tears were beginning to run down her cheeks and all she wanted to do was disappear. Her future was going to be spent with a guy like this? A guy who was fine hurting her right in front of everyone? It was when Kage moved and knocked the guy onto the floor that made Emi blinked the tears away. Her cheeks heated and she felt like her heart was going to beat right out of her chest, instead of going to the car all she could do was watch. It became clear to her why she always seemed to feel like this around him. Emi loved Kage. He was smart, kind, and he always made her feel safe. That and a million more reasons.

She followed him to the car and was quiet as he ranted, her tear stained eyes looking down and rubbing at her already bruising wrist. Loving him only made him seeing everything tonight so much worse. All she wanted to do was hide what happened tonight from everyone, especially him. He was going to look at her like she was weak and that broke her heart. If they framed Akari she’d go away for life, her father had done it before and she knew he wasn’t joking. “Don’t worry about it. I knew that he’d drag me back somehow.” The car came to a stop in the garage and she finally worked up the energy to say something. Despite trying to sound chipper though her voice seemed shaken. “I just want to enjoy the remaining time I have here with you. So try to forget it, okay?” Emi found herself leaning over in the car to plant a gentle kiss on his cheek. “I’m going to bed. There’s ice in the freezer for your hand.” With that said she slipped out of the vehicle and straight to her room to cry in the shower.

The next day Emi went about the day like nothing had happened. Breakfast, her normal cheerful attitude, and had the usual breakfast banter with everyone. Emi didn’t want anyone finding out about what happened and she hoped that Kage wouldn’t say anything. Shortly after breakfast they all got ready for their shopping trip, Esme even brought a limo so they could carry more bags. Hey, the girl knew how to shop.

Unfortunately Emi had a large bruise around her wrist, so she had on a long sleeved black shirt paired with a yellow skirt and black tights. Shopping with people was her favorite things but today she wouldn’t be modeling any swimsuit today. She did find a super cute suit that she decided to buy though. “After you guys decide which suits you’ll be getting do you want to get some ice cream?” Emi was swinging her feet happily as she waited on the couch in the dressing room. It was their third designer swimsuit store Esme had brought them to and Emi was sure everyone was getting hungry.

Last edited:
Luna

The promise of “some day” was more than enough for Zuki. Since coming to this city she had survived day by day and tomorrow was never promised. Now here she was able to make some day plans with someone who loved her just as much as she loved him? She would have agreed to anything at that point. So, she promised him that they would have a real wedding some day, and that they could go on dates and whatever else he wanted to do. She was just content being with him, anything that would make him happy she would gladly agree to.

Except telling Esme anything ever again. Tell Esme he said, she could help he said. Help them? Maybe. Help Zuki’s newly formed anxiety? Fucking no! We have to find you the perfect suit for you Zuki, Daisuke’s got a refined taste and we have to make sure you look good! Esme was over the moon when Daisuke told her what they were up to. She admitted that she had fallen for Pepe, and that she was so glad she would be able to get out of the marriage because she no longer wanted to spend her life with Daisuke. So now, Zuki was literally over thinking every. Single. Swimsuit. They had been to three stores and she STILL couldn’t find one!

“Ice cream sounds fine. I think I found my suit. Finally.” Zuki walked out of her changing room and smoothed out her black jeans and crop top. The tatted woman held a black, gold, and chain lace-up swimsuit that complimented her thin figure. It was her favorite out of all of the choices and even got Esme’s approval. Zuki never dressed up for a guy she wasn’t seducing to kill, this was uncharted territory and she needed all the help she could.

Crow

After the girls had left on their shopping excursion Daisuke came to the guys and asked them to come with him on an important errand. Why he asked Crow he’ll never know, but sure! Broadening his horizons was on his todo list. “Now, let me get this straight. The most expensive ring isn’t the best? Then what are you supposed to get a girl? How do you know what’s the best ring then?” Instead of being confused about the whole Daisuke getting a ring thing Crow was blatantly confused on all of the rings and all of the prices. Come to find out the most expensive one wasn’t the one you typically got? In the future he planned on getting Candy a rock so big it’d weigh down her hand! The thought turned his face a bright shade of red. Marriage, pfft. He could barely figure out asking her to be his girlfriend let alone wife!

“ I’ve seen my fair share of movies and telenovelas. It seemed like the bigger the ring the happier the girl! Should we call one of the girls for help, get their opinion on it?” Crow tucked his hands into the pockets of his jacket and looked at all of the sparkling rings. “Shadow how goes your love life? I mean Asa’s already proposed, Daisukes planning on proposing and I’ll get there eventually. You and Emi went on that date when you broke her door right? How’s that going? Wedding bells in your future?” Hey. Crow was the boss and he was always in everyone’s business, that was his job.

Last edited:
Doc

All morning long dragged on due to the fact Asa got no sleep during the night. He kept having nightmares about his parents, how him and his brother found them dead in the apartment. How he remembered the card, and how that card belonged to the mother of the woman he cared for? It was weighing on him more than he cared to admit. Akari was strong, wonderful, talented, smart and so many other things. How did she come from a killer? After the girls left he was planning to go attempt a nap since he was still sore from all the activity yesterday. Daisuke, however, asked the boys for their help. That didn’t happen often so Asa joined in on their adventure.

Like Crow he didn’t expect the adventure to lead to a jeweler. “Crow seriously you can’t get all your information from television. You’re supposed to try to get a ring that looks good on your partner. You don’t want something that looks cheap but you don’t want something too heavy or gaudy. Have you no sense of fashion?” With one look over at the male in the cardigan he gave a long heavy sigh. “Never mind, I know the answer to that. And I didn’t propose to Akari, it was something of her mothers that needed to be fixed after the fire. Simple as that. I’ll find a ring that suits her when it’s time.” Maybe some nice earrings though for now? To cheer her up?

“Shadow I too am curious about you and miss Emi. Have you even told her your real name? Hardly a good relationship if you don’t share that information with her.” Why did Daisuke want all of the guys to come? Asa was the only one with a taste for the finer things. Hell, most of his clientele were married woman with big rocks on their fingers. He knew styles, cuts, karats. “And what brought upon the sudden ring hunt Daisuke? Are you in a rush or something?”

Last edited:
Sherlock

Akari barely got any sleep, tossing and turning all night while she thought about the discoveries of the day. That being said she was hardly in the mood for shopping the following day but the girls wouldn’t let her out of it. She tried explaining MULTIPLE times that she had a perfectly fine bathing suit back at the house but Candy called it boring and of course that meant Esme was in attack mode now when it came to finding them all cute new swimsuits for the vacation. The vacation was another thing Akari wasn’t sure she was thrilled about anymore, she could use the time to relax for sure but it felt like she didn’t deserve it.

Akari came out from the dressing room in yet another bathing suit and sighed as she looked at herself in the mirror. Everything she picked out had been shot down by the other girls for being to plain, she just wanted a suit that didn’t make her feel like she was exposed or feel like it would fall off the minute she got in water! All these designer swimsuits were fashion over function and she didn’t get it! Akari was built like a fucking board, she didn’t have the means to hold up half of these things. “Ice cream sounds great, I’m picking this suit. I take no more input, I’m done.” The suit was still fairly plain but had a little cut out and now that she hoped pleased the peanut gallery. She quickly returned to the small booth to get dressed again and returned to the others with the suit in hand. Today was the first day the doctors approved the removal of her bandages but told her to let them know if anything was bothering her with her leg. It was also the first time she had gotten a good look at it since the accident. There was a fairly large scar, going from the back of her knee and wrapping around her leg a bit and going down to her ankle. It was jagged and gouged her skin a bit but considering how they started she thought it was a fairly decent patch up job. She wore a pair of high waisted jean shorts today and a plain white t shirt tucked into them to match her white sneakers. Unlike Asa she wasn’t worried about her scar, rather it made her realize how lucky she had been that day.

“It’s nice to just hang out with you guys for once, I feel like everything has been so crazy I’ve only been around Asa for a while. Getting some ice cream and catching up will be amazing because CLEARLY something is going on that you two aren’t telling us.” Akari pointed between Esme and Zuki with a twinkle in her eye. Her detective senses were tingling. “We should go to this cute little cafe up the road, they have outdoor seating and such too. “

Akari ushered the girls to the check out and they all got their items, paid for with with Crows credit card of course, and waited for the cashier to wrap them up for them all. She was looking forward to catching up with the girls before going on this vacation, she was kind of hypocritical to be calling out Zuki for a secret when she was sitting on the giant discovery that she was but… she didn’t know how to share it with the others yet.

Candy

“Oh that one’s cute Zuki!” Candy crooned from where she sat next to Emi as the other girls continued to try on bathing suits. She had been kind of worried about shopping, not sure if the places Esme raved about would have anything that interested Candy but at the second store she was happily surprised! She was able to find a metallic once piece that fit her style really well, despite not really going out much her fashion sense was very important to her. “Oooo and that one too Akari!” It looked like all of the girls had ended up finding something after shopping for a fair part of the day and semi was now suggesting going to get some ice cream.

The girls went to check out and Akari brought up a question to both Esme and Zuki. “Oh and Emi! I wanted to ask you how last night went! You and Shadow both looked super fancy!” Candy giggled as she smiled towards Emi before heading out of the store with the other girls and down the sidewalk towards the cafe Akari mentioned.

“Does anyone know what the boys were up to today? I asked Crow where they were going and he just laughed really strangely and ran away from me.” Candy asked as the girls checked in at the hostess stand and were shown to a table in the back. The cafe was cute, a place that served little sandwiches and desert dishes as well as fun drinks. “He’s not responding to my texts either, I asked him to make sure to pick up some sunscreen if they were going shopping but he read it and didn’t respond.” She laughed it off as the waitress came over to get their orders. Candy ordered a iced coffee drink and a strawberry ice cream parfait.

“Akari is right though, I feel like before all this insanity I used to get to talk to you guys all the time at the bar. But now that we all live together we never get to hang out.” Candy smiled at all the girls around the table, even Esme who was surprisingly much cooler than she thought she was at first. “Plus we have Esme around now! And Pepe will not stop gushing about you lady. That man is SMITTEN.” It made Candy a little jealous how clearly in love those two were, it seemed to easy for them. Maybe it was because they were both confident people. Both were very open and honest with their feelings and it just seemed to click for them. “I guess that means you don’t want to marry Daisuke anymore then?”

Daisuke Tanaka

“That’s not what it’s about Crow.” Daisuke sighed as he looked at the display case in front of him. “And Asa is kind of correct but that’s still more superficial than it should be. It should be something that reflects who they are as a person, something that feels right. And Crow you should really learn that sooner rather than later because the woman you’re clearly head over heels for would be much happier with a ring pop than a giant rock.” Daisuke shot a look back at his friends as they shopped around the ring shop. He had gone to them early that morning and asked them all for their help but now he was quickly realizing maybe he should have come alone.

“Wait Emi and Shadow are in a relationship?” Daisuke straightened at the waist and turned to look at the man who he found to be his best friend. Had Daisuke really missed that development? “I thought you swore off women?” He crossed his arms across his chest and huffed as he was questioned. “The rush is that our lives have turned to shit and I’m not wasting anymore time. Who knows what we have left? It seems like shit getting worse every single day and I don’t want to fuck around anymore. I fell in love with Hazuki within weeks of meeting her and shoved it down because I didn’t think it would work. But I’m done, and it’s something you lot should all figure out as well if you really are all having the intentions I hope you do.”

Daisuke went into dad mode quick as they waited for the jeweler to return. “Shadow if you really are in a relationship with Emi, I’ll let you know I will kill you dead myself if you hurt her. And Asa stop leading Akari on if you don’t mean it. And Crow…” Daisuke paused and just shook his head. “Never mind.” The jeweler returned with all of the rings that Daisuke requested to look at and he turned back to the counter, glancing at the selection and instantly deciding.

“That one.” Daisuke grinned and reached out to the tray grabbing off the ring with the large black stone in the middle. “This is what I mean boys, this just reminds me of her. And I know Zuki will love it.” He turned back to the man and handed it to him so he could wrap it up and get them all checked out and such. Daisuke knew that this initial marriage was mostly just for their plan but he still wanted it to be as special as possible, Zuki deserved that much.

Kage;Shadow

Kage hadn’t slept, when he did he had nightmares of Emi getting taken from the house by that asshole fiancé of hers. He felt useless, it’s not like he could just kill the guy! Even if he was a fucking creep. So when Daisuke came into his room far too fucking early to ask him to go run errands with him Kage was already in a sour ass mood. That mood didn’t get any better when he found out the errand was fucking ring shopping. He was suddenly getting married to Zuki? Was Kage the only one who thought this was fucking WILD?

“I haven’t told her my real name because we’re not in a relationship. I have no intentions of one either.” Kage growled from where he leaned against the counter, his arms crossed across his chest. He had to admit all this talk made him think of her… but that was it. “I don’t do relationships.” Plus he didn’t even know what one entailed, he didn’t even know what love looked like. Kage listened as Daisuke scolded Crow about the ring and he felt something stir in him uncomfortably… is that what it was ? Was loving someone that feeling? Wanting to know them, understand them and do things that make them happy? He always thought it was deeper than that. More… but if that’s what it was.

Daisuke began scolding him and Kage looked up with a glare. “You’re not her fucking father Daisuke, trust me hers is much worse than you.” He realized what he said and quickly moved on to avoid the subject. “Besides it’s none of your fucking business. So are we done here? Can we leave this place so I can actually get shit done today. I thought you asked me to come with for something important. I really don’t understand why I’m here wasting time when you’re already making me waste a week on a frivolous vacation.”

Sunny

Oh? Esme and Zuki were up to something? Silently she was glad that Akari was interested in that. So long as she didn’t find out about the dinner last night, or any of the specifics of what happened. Emi just wanted to stay in the background and not draw any attention to herself today. The no sleep, the overthinking, all the crying…she just wanted a normal day and this was about as normal as they were getting. And thankfully Esme was the bright personality they needed to make that happen. “Huh?” Her cheeks heated as Candy inquired about last night. Akari was there and she didn’t want her to know! Not quite yet, she didn’t know how to word everything. “It was just some dinner for work, it was a nice night.” Sorry for lying, guys. Her heart broke a little as she spoke but she gave a nervous smile as they approached the cafe.

Candy was right, they hardly spent anytime together. If things played out according to the new plan her father informed her of, Emi would no longer be able to spend time with them in a few months. Esme maybe, but the rest? No. “We should do more things together. And, no, I didn’t know the guys were up to anything today. That’s actually an interesting dynamic, I know they lived together before us but it’s hard to imagine them actually functioning in public.” The thought made Emi genuinely quietly chuckle. “Esme I’m glad you found someone you love. Arraigned marriages are the worst, all of us are cheering you guys on.” Emi knew what her feelings were towards Kage; she trusted and admired him, wanted to know everything about him, and she cherished him. She also knew that he’d never reciprocate those feelings for her.

Once to their table she looked over the menu quietly, flinching as she felt her phone ring in her pocket. Was it her dad? Nervously she pulled out the phone and sighed a sigh of relief when she seen who it was. “Wrong number Crow, this is Emi.” The cheerful tone in her voice faded when he questioned her about introducing Shadow to her parents. Why did he say something? Why? Wasn’t he super mister secretive? “We’re at this cafe, you guys were doing your own thing today though-“ Obviously Crow wasn’t listening to her, he said he’d track their phones and they’d be over in a jiffy.

Was it too late to go home? Emi felt like she was going to puke. She had JUST lied to the girls about last night! Akari was going to find out everything, who the hell knew Kage would say something? He was someone she trusted SO much. She felt…betrayed? Was this what it felt like? Her heart was shattering. “The guys are on their way. We should probably push in another table.” There would be no way she could even look at him now.

Esme

“Oooh was I the first person you love birds told? What. An. Honor. I feel like I deserve to be maid of honor. Truly. Matron? Whatever it is.” Esme squealed happily as she clapped her hands together, practically skipping outside with the girls. The tall dark and handsome Pepe took the bags from Esme as she exited like he had all of their other stores, Esme practically swooning as he did. “Oh, my. Thank you. And sorry, Daisuke? Who?” She giggled sweetly and forced herself to stop staring at Pepe with babydoll eyes and back to the girls. “Yeah, no, that’s all Zuki’s. They came up with the BEST plan. Seriously, genius material. And yes we NEED to hang out more. I seriously have no friends here.”

They arrived at the cafe and were all seated, Pepe and Esme already decided that they were going to get the milkshake for two for couples, obviously. “Zuki and Daisuke are getting hitched! That way whatever silly little thing wedding we do won’t really be real. And that way when I convince daddy that it’s not a good idea, we can be like don’t worry, it’s not even a valid marriage. Then Pepe and I can start being an official thing.” Then Emi took her call. Why’d it look like someone killed her puppies? Not even one. The WHOLE litter of puppies. “It’s cool Em, Crow must be missing Candy. Let the poor shut in go out on an ice cream date with his lady love.”

Luna

“Everyone’s suit looks great, the boys are going to be speechless. The quiet will be nice.” Zuki couldn’t help but smirk as they all left the store. Halfway through a long stretch Esme spoke and it caused her to freeze. “Hey-hey? We didn’t need to tell everyone the plan. But it’s done now, I guess.” Was Daisuke fine with letting them know? It wasn’t like she thought they’d tell on them, it was just they had just made the plan! Zuki had needed time to emotionally prepare herself let alone reveal it to others. She wasn’t someone who shared much about herself to people, kind of like Shadow. But it appeared that opening up to one person made her open herself up to other people? It was kind of nice to have people who cared.

Once inside the cafe Zuki just ordered a chai tea. Esme was explaining everything and Zuki found herself thankful she was there. The girl had a way with words. “We-uh, yeah. What she said. It’s not business though, turns out we l-“ love each other, but the words didn’t pass her lips. Feelings were fucking tough to talk about. “We’re a couple now. That’s that.” Thank GOD the phone rang. It looked like it fucked up Emi but she welcomed the distraction. “Perfect. On it.” Zuki hopped up and went off to inform the waitress, Pepe pushing another table onto the end of theirs.

Upon her return Zuki started to help Pepe move the chairs to their newly expanded table.

Crow

Who knew Daisuke knew so much about women? He hadn’t ever brought a girl around, he had just assumed he was bad at dating like the rest of them! As Daisuke spoke Crow listened intently. Something that reflects her? Something that felt right… Diamond alone didn’t feel right for Candy then. She needed something that shone like no other, a ring that showed her uniqueness and personality. This would require some research tonight. “I’m just working on asking her out, but if any potential candidates come around I’ll chop them in the throat. I’m telling you, this vacation is when I put my grand master plan into action! Operation Candy and Crow is a go!”

His arms crossed in front of his chest with a confident grin. “Daisuke man I’m seriously happy for you. And that looks like a great ring! I totally see her——“ Something Kage had said put the breaks on Crows train of thought. “Excuse me, you’ve met her PARENTS? Shadow, this is serious. Did you talk marriage with her too? Are you two hiding things from me? Daisuke’s precious Emi? If she’s important to the mom of the house than that makes this important to the dad of the house. Me. That’s me.” Crow dramatically pulled out his phone and clicked a name to call. “Emi our sweet angel, you never said anything about introducing your parents and Shadow. I’m insulted I wasn’t informed of the relationship. Where are you?…mhmm, a cafe? Yeah no I’ve got your location, we’ll see you in a few. Buhbye~.” Click. “Alright boys, we’re going to a cafe.”

The cafe wasn’t too far away from the ring shop, the stores the girls were going to and the Jeweler were in the up town shopping district. The cafe was about a five minute drive. Why was Shadow so on edge about the whole thing? Who pissed in his cheerios today? seriously. More angry than usual. “Shadow I hope you lose your cranky attitude soon. Take Emi back to that cat cafe if you need a pick me up, you were in a good mood for a while after that.”

They were taken back by the waitress to the table with the girls and he lit up. “Candy! How was shopping? Did you have fun?” Crow moved to the seat next to Candy and his smile was practically beaming. “You guys ready for vacation? I’ve got this comfortable bus for all of us, Asa’s driving!” Did he mention that to Asa? No? Oh well, he was mentioning it now.

Doc

Asa listened to the boys as he purchased a necklace he had found from one of the other people tending the store. As he tucked his wallet back into his suit he let out a long sigh. “I’m not leading her on. We’re figuring things out. I haven’t known her for years like you’ve known Zuki, it’s a process. Especially for us.” He had never bought jewelry for anyone, but he looked at it and he could see Akari wearing it. Was that weird? It…was some place where she could put her moms ring. She wasn’t wearing it but it was still there. Would she hate it? Maybe he should just take it back. Hell, he hadn’t even left the place yet and he was already second guessing himself.

“The ring is perfect for her, Daisuke. Who knew you had good taste?” Asa took the nicely wrapped black box with the necklace and he slipped it into his jacket pocket. Something about Shadow was unusually aggressive, more than his usual asshole disposition. Hell he was even hostile with Daisuke and those two were friendly. Crow must have picked up on it, or maybe he made it worse? Soon Crow was directing them to the cafe.

Once Asa parked the car they went inside the cafe. Was it just him or was the car ride horribly tense? And this was coming from Asa, king of tense situations! “Hey.” Asa gave a small smile at Akari as he sat next to her. “I don’t go to cafes much. Any suggestions?” He glanced over at her direction and looked at the bag near her. “You find a suit?” It was nice to see her without the wrap, but he hated to see her scarred like that. She didn’t deserve that…plus, it reminded him of the accident. He wanted to fix it for her, hell he wanted to fix both their scars and erase that night from their memory. But Akari insisted that she liked his scar. “You look beautiful today.” He quickly cleared his throat to try and hide his reddened face, taking a drink or the cold water in front of him. Play it cool, Asa.

“Oh, sure. Volunteer me last minute to drive. That’s fine.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back