• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fire Emblem Divide: Nayu x Quetzal

CallmeMyth

Ruler of Twilight
Nayu x Quetzal

Time: Prior to chapter 1, just after the attack on Stratham village.

images-9-jpg.337660

Support Rank: C

Fire Emblem: Divide

Nayu knelt in front of the statue of the Goddess Naga, inside of the run down chapel in Stratham village. The church's walls had suffered much damage from repeated attacks during the war, although the building still served its purpose. The statue of Naga at the back of the church was cracked in some places, but remained largely intact.

Nayu and her allies had successfully secured the town, and The Alliance's forces were approaching the village and Fort Castellum as she and her small band of soldiers set up a base within the town. A carrier had arrived that morning, from the current head of The Alliance's 13th Battalion. He congratulated Nayu for her success at Stratham village, and requested that she lead the army in the assault on Fort Castellum.

Nayu never expected such news, and to be honest she wasn't sure what to make of the situation. She had only recently joined The Alliance, and already they expected her to lead a battalion of soldiers into battle. She realized that ever since the old regime had fallen apart, the former army had gone into disarray. Anyone who was able to lift a sword had been given the chance to enlist into The Alliance's military, and so they needed someone who was capable to be in charge of each faction.

Nayu didnt understand why they had picked her for the task, and not someone else. Yes, she had prior knowledge of battle, but surely there were others in The Alliance who were more qualified. Of course, she wouldn't decline the request. It would be a dishonor to herself, her comrades and her superiors if she declined such an offer. The thought was weighing heavily on her mind however, and so she had came to the village's shrine to pray to Naga for guidance.

"O Naga, thank you for our victory in Stratham village this day. Please give me the courage and strength to lead my fellows into combat during the assault on Fort Castellum..." She spoke silently. Despite her belief in the Goddess, Nayu had rarely ever prayed in her life. She remembered the clergy women who used to pray to the Goddess in the holy shrine when she was still very young, and she felt strange when she realized that her faith was very different from theirs.

The sound of footsteps broke Nayu's silence, and she opened her eyes and lifted herself from the floor as she noticed a woman dressed in a garb of leaves and plate mail approach from behind her. "Quetzal." She addressed the woman, her voice carrying across the empty church with an inquiring tone. She wondered if the mage required her for something.

Attachments

• images(9).jpg
    images(9).jpg
    8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

__force_of_will_drawn_by_tajima_yukie__0d2855c85613d19119d14e585c90b739.jpg
Quetzal only ever entered churches for one reason and that was to mock whichever god was being worshiped within. In her experience no church had ever been required for her to commune with the great entities of the beyond. The jungle was just as good a place as any to worship her gods. Well not quite. In order to show true reverence to her deities she would require a volcano and someone to push into it. In a way she supposed a volcano was sort of like a church.

At any rate she usually heckled Naga in private. She didn't expect to find her all too serious commander within the church as well. "Nayu." She echoed the manakete's greeting in somewhat of a mocking tone. Taking note of her position in prayer Quetzal asked "Do you think she listens?" The shaman's feet padded along the floor softly as she came to stand by Nayu. Quetzal looked up at the statue. "I wouldn't. If I were her." Quetzal sat in one of the pews and folded her legs. "People only pray when they want something. So what is it you want Commander?" She said the title as if she were teasing the manakete.

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

"Do you think she listens?" Nayu repeated what the woman had said to her in her mind. The question was vexing, and not one that Nayu had an answer to. "I wouldn't." Nayu heard her reply, and she followed the shaman with her eyes as she moved to take a seat. She listened quietly as the witch doctor inquired about her reasons for being in the church, and she paused once the woman had finished speaking as she contemplated her response.

"I just want to be able to protect my comrades in this upcoming battle." Nayu admitted. It did feel strange, Nayu thought. Confessing her troubles here in a church. And not just to the Goddess, but to Quetzal as well. Nayu didn't normally explain her problems to others. However, she was not afraid of expressing her concerns from time to time. "What about you? Why are you here?" Nayu asked. From the way she spoke, the witch doctor didnt seem to be the type to convey her thoughts to Gods or Goddesses.

DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back