• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Fire Emblem Divide: Nayu x Kayo

CallmeMyth

Ruler of Twilight
Nayu x Kayo

Time: Before Chapter 1, prior to the attack on the bandit town.

gilead_barracks_by_rusty001-d2y35og.jpg

Support Level: C
Fire Emblem: Divide
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Nayu stood in front of one of the chests where the soldiers in the 13th battalion were allowed to stow away any personal items they may own. She lifted the lid up, reaching down and removing the garments she typically wore into battle. She then proceeded to walk into the changing area, removing the simple shirt and pants that had been given to her by the military before slipping into her dress. She slid on her sandals, before tying her sash around her waist and adorning herself with her usual accessories. While none of these items were particularly useful in battle, Nayu never engaged in any type of combat unless she was in her dragon form, so it didn't matter. To be honest, Nayu never was particularly fond of being restricted to a fragile partially human body, but it was necessary for all Manaketes, and so she had learned to deal with it.

The interior of the barracks was empty, except for herself. She was rather grateful for this fact, since she tended to become embarrassed when changing in front of others. The room was dimly lit in most places, although a beam of light was filtering in through one of the windows, illuminating at least part of the garrison. Everyone else had already left some time before her, and Nayu knew she needed to get moving before one of her superiors came asking what she was doing. In fact, Nayu and a few other members of the alliance had recently been tasked with clearing out a town that had been overrun with bandits, and Nayu had been mentally preparing herself for when they moved in to take action.

She exited the changing room, before walking back to her bed and placing the shirt and jeans into the chest. She then grabbed a small satchel, which contained a very precious item. Her dragonstone. She tied the satchel onto the sash around her waist, before walking toward the exit of the barracks as she prepared to leave. She was very nervous about the upcoming mission, although she didn't want to admit it. This was the first time in years that she had been around so many people. She had avoided contact with others for years when she traveled alone across Terrunum, out of fear of losing them again. Because of this, as well as the century of her life that she had spent locked in a deep slumber, Nayu had spent a lot of time completely alone. This caused her to seem aloof to others at times, although in truth she truly enjoyed the company of others.

Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo

Last edited:

Nayu heard a distinct tapping sound knocking against the wooden floor. A woman clothed in a dress of warm colors walked inside through the barracks' open doorway, a long spear knocking against the floor with each step she took.

As Kayo noticed the presence of someone else still left in the barracks this morning, she slammed the shaft of her spear harshly onto the ground, making a loud noise to draw Nayu's attention.

"Late to rise today, aren't you?" Kayo rhetorically asked the 'young' manakete as she furrowed her eyebrows.

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Heading toward the door to leave the barracks, Nayu noticed the rhythmic sound of footsteps as someone else entered the garrison. She quickened her pace as she attempted to leave, in an effort to avoid an unwanted confrontation. She could easily discern the appearance of the figure in front of her through the light of the open doorway, and she instantly recognized them to be a Laguz. A female Laguz in fact, who was wearing a garb of bright colors.

The woman was easily distinguishable as a beast Laguz by the long tail that extended from behind her body. However, it was not this feature that was the most striking to Nayu. The woman slammed the end of her spear against the floor, catching Nayu off guard. She gazed at the female Laguz for a moment, and her face must have appeared surprised as the woman spoke to her. She had taken note of Nayu's tardiness, and the young Manakete noticed her brows furrow as she tried to figure out a response.

"I suppose I am..." She replied. There really wasn't any excuse she could make. She had been caught late to arrive for her duties, and she expected to be reprimanded. She remained silent as she waited for the Laguz woman's response, although her eyes traveled to the spear that she was carrying. Nayu had never known beast Laguz to carry human weapons. To be honest, most Laguz found man-made weapons to be too unwieldy, or they simply found their own claws and fangs to be more effective.

Last edited:
"I suppose I am..." She replied. There really wasn't any excuse she could make. She had been caught late to arrive for her duties, and she expected to be reprimanded. She remained silent as she waited for the Laguz woman's response...

The air was filled with a long pause of tense silence. When the Laguz woman broke the silence she herself had caused, her response was a bit unexpected.

Kayo relaxed and sighed disappointedly.

"I'm in no position to directly assign punishments to lazy soldiers yet, I'm afraid," she said. "I'll be sure to let your superiors know about this, though."

Her expression became somewhat more serious.

"What is your name?" she asked. "Don't claim the name of one of your comrades if you want your punishment to be a light one. I already know that trick."

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Nayu was surprised as the woman merely breathed a sigh of exasperation, and Nayu allowed herself to loosen up a bit. The Laguz woman made sure to let her know that she would report her misconduct, and Nayu knew she wasn't out of trouble just yet. The woman asked her for her name, and Nayu was taken back as she told her not to try to blame one of her comrades. "I would never!" She spoke up, her voice firm. "My name is Nayu." She added, meeting the woman's gaze.

Nayu couldn't remember ever speaking to the woman before, although she recalled seeing her around camp a few times. Now that she had introduced herself, she figured she would ask the woman for her name in return. "So, what's yours?" She inquired. As she waited for her to respond, Nayu's eyes traveled back automatically to the spear in her hand. Unable to prevent herself from commenting about it any longer, she decided she would ask her why she carried it. "Sorry to be rude...but, why do you carry that spear?" She questioned.

Nayu couldn't remember ever speaking to the woman before, although she recalled seeing her around camp a few times. Now that she had introduced herself, she figured she would ask the woman for her name in return. "So, what's yours?" She inquired.

"I'm Kayo. Hopefully, the next time we meet will be under better circumstances," she said as she crossed her arms across her chest.

As she waited for her to respond, Nayu's eyes traveled back automatically to the spear in her hand. Unable to prevent herself from commenting about it any longer, she decided she would ask her why she carried it. "Sorry to be rude...but, why do you carry that spear?" She questioned.

The robed woman raised her eyebrows upon hearing the manakete's question, and her eyes looked to her weapon. "This?" Kayo asked as she waved her spear around in the air a bit. "...I suppose you could say it's a memento," she said after a thoughtful pause.
CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

"Nice to meet you, Kayo." Nayu replied, her lips forming a smile. Perhaps the Laguz woman wasn't as intimidating as she initially appeared, she thought. She watched as the woman brandished her weapon, and Nayu recognized the reflective look in her eyes as she replied to her previous question.

"A memento?" Nayu repeated, although she wondered if perhaps she was being too intrusive. She paused for a moment as she considered this. "Nevermind...you dont have to tell me if you dont want to..!" Nayu continued, not giving the woman a chance to reply before she stammered out the remainder of her sentence.

"A memento?" Nayu repeated, although she wondered if perhaps she was being too intrusive. She paused for a moment as she considered this. "Nevermind...you dont have to tell me if you dont want to..!" Nayu continued, not giving the woman a chance to reply before she stammered out the remainder of her sentence.

"Perhaps some other time..." Kayo said as she seemingly gazed past Nayu's face. Focusing back on the conversation at hand, Kayo closed her eyes and shook her head.

The woman in robes waved her hand dismissively at the dragon. "You need to leave. You're several minutes late all ready."

"...You should
focus less on introductions and idle chatter during work hours and more on performing your duties
efficiently. There will be time for socializing and detestable gossip later, but it's unfair to make your comrades pick up your slack," Kayo began reprimandingly as she stared earnestly into the manakete's eyes.

CallmeMyth CallmeMyth

Users who are viewing this thread

Back