• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Finding Home Again Chat

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Sweet, thanks! Firstly, how are all of you doing? If you've eaten a pumpkin pie recently, I'll assume you're doing good.

So, I have a few questions. Firstly, the colored names next to the roles, I assume purple are female and blue are male? Meaning there's more females than males? Asking so I know what gender to make my character.

Second question, how does magic work? Is it like witchcraft, where various objects are combined with pentagrams and incantations? Is it based on concentration? Do all the different creature-people have their own ways of using magic?

Next question. Are all the characters from different worlds? Or are they from Wentra?

More questions. What kind of power levels are we looking for? From my light research, unicorns have incredible healing powers. Some sources also say they have super strength and speed, the ability to grant wishes, and even the ability to travel through space and time, which could explain how they got to Earth. Also, I noticed there's no section for power/magic description in the character sheet. Is that something we should describe?

Sorry, I'm very inquisitive. :( Next part is just to clarify my understanding of the story. So, we're all "orphans" at the orphanage?

Haha okay, so for your first question if you would make your character male that'd great but if you want to make your character female then i can easily switch my gal to a male i already have a character sheet set off to the side for such a thing.

2. Magic is very basic and simple for all of the creatures. Its even simple for Zuri since she has had magic all her life. For my character however she will have to work to control and use the magic. Now if you wanted your character to have been cast aside by their kind due to them having issues controlling their powers then that's fine.

3. All these being are from Wentra just different territories within Wentra.

4. If you notice by each character spot i have Light, Shadow, Fire, Water, Wind, and Nature. Those are the power associated with the creatures. So while yes the unicorn may have been a better choice at first for Light a Phoenix is know for their ability to be reborn, aka, light/life. Now for your unicorn character even though their power deals with water that doesnt mean they dont have any healing abilities. As for the level of power your character has that is up to you.

5. As I explained earlier the orphanage is where Keena has been living up till now. She left the orphanage and headed for the mansion that is several miles away. The mansion is where, Zuri, Kaoru, Haruki, Dragon, Hippogriff, Unicorn, and Phoenix have all been living for a while. Either they arrived when Julia was still alive or they arrived there after she passed away and were given a letter with their name on it explain things to them.

6. Each character has some reason as to why they have ended up on Earth whether it be due to their clan, a fight, or an accident like a major storm or a mishap with magic.

That explain things? Also to anyone else who might of had the same questions.. PauciloquentPumpkin PauciloquentPumpkin

Ironically enough, through my light research, I would agree with unicorns being water rather than light. They are known for cleaning poisoned water, and are often associated with rivers and such.

Thank you for offering to change your character's gender for me. I'm honestly 100% fine playing either gender, so I'll leave it up to you which character you want to use.

Thanks for clarifying the orphanage thing. I was a little confused. I was reading other people's character sheets to get a better idea of what's going on, seems other people have their characters at the orphanage as well.

So, our powers are based on our element, rather than the abilities of the mythological creatures we are? Or a combination of both?

As for my character, the unicorn, coming from Wentra, or other characters, if anyone's wondering, does Wentra have a history? Or are we free to make it up as we please? I was thinking of having my unicorn being a hunted species. I was also thinking of having them travel a magical rainbow made by the other unicorns so they could escape to Earth. If that's all OK?

As for the mansion. What are our reasons for being there? Is there something drawing us there? And what about the letter? What kind of stuff does it say? What does it explain?

Haha yeah they were confused as well, didn't mean to confuse people. As for the reason why they are living in the mansion is because they are drawn to the power embedded into the grounds around the mansion and in the mansion itself.

As for your character traveling to earth that way, thats fine.

As for their powers id like to keep it more steered towards the element they have been given but that doesnt mean that they cant be powered by their mythological basis. Like you said unicorns are known for their speed and strength.

In the letter is a note from Julia, one who was known as a high Priestess in Wentra. It is her asking each person personally to help awaken her oldest daughters powers who have been sealed away. It also tells them that by doing so both her daughters are able to open a portal that they can travel through freely. However, the free travel is only useable by the 6 beings who have been living within the mansion.

They arent trapped in the mansion and they can or have ventured out even possibly found jobs if they wanted too along with going to school for the younger ones. However, if they have issues keeping their human form its highly likely they stay in the mansion grounds.

Thanks for answering my myriad of questions! One last one, I think. Let's hope. Anyways, do you require a picture for the appearance? I generally write out text descriptions, but I'll search for pictures if it's needed.

Wait so how would a Phoenix reborn process work for here like heavy regeneration or them upon death just like a complete reset on their age and body.

After you answer the above post, BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising , if you wouldn't mind going over my character sheet and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it.

I'm also interested in how the Phoenix mechanic will work. Infinite rebirths seems nice. Could come in handy during a zombie apocalypse. Peckinou Peckinou Also, hi. 👋

That would be fun tbh although I guess he would probably be killed quite a few times and likely be the first person thrown at any danger cause they would know he would be fine lol. Plus rivalry's would be more lethal for them than not.

IKR that would be both fun and a pain for him though lol.

No wonder he wouldn't care much about death of others, cause he is constantly being killed himself. lol

Wait so how would a Phoenix reborn process work for here like heavy regeneration or them upon death just like a complete reset on their age and body.

Okay so in this rp your Phoenix boy is does have the ability of regeneration. However, if the wounds are lethal and his regeneration ability isnt able to work fast enough and he dies then he will reborn. As he gets older he may remember parts of his last life. So people or things that have happened including whatever may have killed him. The only on this though is he is only able to be reborn 3 times.

After you answer the above post, BloodWolfRising BloodWolfRising , if you wouldn't mind going over my character sheet and let me know what you think, I'd appreciate it.

I'm also interested in how the Phoenix mechanic will work. Infinite rebirths seems nice. Could come in handy during a zombie apocalypse. Peckinou Peckinou Also, hi. 👋
Your character is great and I've decided that I'll make letter for everyones characters just in general so they have a good sense as to what Julia has hopes for.

hey umm... question.. soo how will age work? like...? in speices terms for age ooor?
As for the age you can kept your guy around the age of the others or have his age be older than that of them. If you want make the age for a dragon different compared to that of the age of a human then you can do so. Such as if you wanted him to be 19 or 20 human age you could make him be age a certain amount fast in dragon age.

Neat, although him turning back to a baby would be a bit strange and neat as well.
Although I guess for lethal blows it would depend on which area was hit decapitation would likely be Insta kill since he wouldnt be able to regent that quick although a piercing their heart seems like something they may be able to regenerate from.

Neat, although him turning back to a baby would be a bit strange and neat as well.
Although I guess for lethal blows it would depend on which area was hit decapitation would likely be Insta kill since he wouldnt be able to regent that quick although a piercing their heart seems like something they may be able to regenerate from.
Well that was simply the thought of it. If you prefer him not being reborn as a baby then he could be reborn as a young child around 10 years old or be reborn as the age he was before his death. I might have the ideas for them in mind but i will certainly work with anyone if they prefer something for their character. :) also if he was struck in the heart he would possibly be able to regenerate depending on where his heart was struck.

Neat , I guess the how fast they can heal also comes into play there too since a average person can survive pretty much over 3 minutes without the use of a heart.

Didn't know that, his regeneration would probably work fast enough then. Unless his heart was like shredded...then it would be questionable and if it was ripped out he'd die most likely.

Yeah the purpose of the heart is to pump oxygen to the brain, which can only survive like 3 - 4 minutes without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back