Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Miraculous

Rusty Rookie
Let's go old-style. If that is even a real word..

Anyhow, I've been playing that game in my laptop for a long time. Call me desperate, but whenever I pass a mission that includes the main storyline, I level up all of my troops by two. Take a Level 30 Summoner. I leveled the Summoner up as I encounter random battles from wandering clans. A few battle engagements, and there we go, a level 32 Summoner. I do the same thing for a level 30 Ninja, and so on and so forth, until my troops are all level 32. That includes Marche and Montblanc.

I have already passed the missions "Materite Now!" and "Llednar", so I'm now about to start the mission about Tubola Cave, which is "Hidden Vein". I didn't finish the game yet, so my apologies if the progress takes a little while. (Emphasis on "little while"— I'm basically taking too long in deciding what to do first before going through the main storyline battles.)

Okay. To all players who have already finished the game or is still finishing the game, here's my question for you:

What is your most and least favorite Job (Ninja, Soldier, Time Mage, Assassins...) so far, and why?

Oh yeah, FF Tactics Advance! That brings back memories. I've played the game tons, but that was quite a while ago. Now that I think about it...I don't think I ever finished it. Got stuck on one of the main missions and then forgot about it, sadly. I wish I still had my old DS with me so I could pick it up again, but alas, I left it with my parents when I moved out.

I adore the battle system though, in Advance as well as in A2 (which I actually finished, despite it being a lot weaker story-wise). That's probably one of the reasons why I like Fire Emblem as well, although FE's lacking the wide range of skills/spells you can learn.

My favourite/least favourite job? Um, I hope you're not looking for any insightful commentary on their tactical pros/cons because...my main criterion tends to be "Do they let me do cool shit?". So my favourite would probably be Archer because it let me inflict a range of fun status effects from afar. Then again, I also really liked to use Morpher for exactly one reason: morphing into a Lamia and turning all my enemies into frogs. That was great. Least favourite? Eh, I never liked Gunner, but that's just because I never really liked having guns in my fantasy games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back