• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Final Fantasy: League of Free Captains

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
High in the sky, three ships struck a path that seemed unerring in its course. A merchant guild had commissioned the League ship 'Tolra's Doom' to protect two of their ships on a run between the Juril capital city of Holus and an outlying town of Lucal. While putting a single ship on protection detail for two is normally a red flag for free captains, they were assured that a routine milk run like this had no reason to be accosted by pirates.

The bonus pay upon completion said otherwise, though, and Captain Malchevin had order all hands on high alert while the ship was in flight. The experienced man stood at the bow of the ship, eyes watching the sky in front of them. They were center of a chevron formation, each merchant ship slightly behind to both port and starboard. Cannons were ordered to be ready at a moment's notice, though halfway through the five-hour voyage and nothing had happened.

The crew still had faith in their captain, however, and did not slacken in his orders. Soon enough the spotter called out. Three ships approaching from the fore, fast - straight for them. A bold move, but not without merit. Most weapons were on the broadsides, after all.

"Spotter! Signal flare to the merchants, they are to hold this position and take defensive measures. All crew, prepare for battle!"
--------
Mentioned Directly
< Becker Becker Arcanist Arcanist Rurnur Rurnur Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire >
Lorin perked up when he heard his father's orders bellowed through the magitek speaker system and glanced over to Uncle Mo with a wide grin. "Sounds like this is gonna be more exciting than advertised. C'mon uncle, let's get moving! Time to put my plan into action." he gave the engine one last glace-over and put down his spanner before turning and striding towards the upper decks. On the way he glanced towards the cannons and grinned a bit, knowing that Roy would be putting her gunners through their paces, loading the cannons and boarding harpoons. He just hoped she would head up for the action herself.

"Helmsman, swing us around! Starboard cannons at the ready!" the captain called out, an order soon echoed in the aft by Lorin's mother. Lorin had grown up on a ship so these maneuvers didn't throw off his steps for a moment as he stopped near his father and looked out. Two smaller ships, and a larger - probably the flagship of a fledgling fleet.

"Little bold, aren't they?" Lorin asked his father, who chuckled a little.

"That they are. I'd be surprised if they'd heard of us considering they're still coming."

"Or they have a deathwish," Lorin said with a bit of a grin. "Hey dad, I have a request," Lorin looked to his father and at the raised eyebrow, continued. "Let me take the biggest ship. If I board it and we can take it over... then it's mine to captain."

"Oh? Seems our son is eager to leave the nest for real," Lorin's mother said with a chuckle as she came up behind her family. "I say we let him do it. We all know you're not stepping down any time soon, and it's about time Lorin gets his own charter."

At that, the captain chuckled. "As you two say. Lorin, you have permission to board the lead ship for capture," he said, making Lorin grin. "We'll harpoon it in place so crew can join you, but beyond those who choose you are on your own."

"I would expect nothing less," Lorin said with a matching grin.

"Forward harpoons! Tie down the lead ship! All cannons, prepare to fire! Your targets are the smaller ships - fire at will!" The captain gave the orders, and then looked to his son with a smile. "Deckhand Jad! Prepare the boarding bridge!"

As the battle steadily got closer, Lorin walked to their boarding commander, Sicarius, and grinned at him. "You ready? First step is to secure the boarding site, right?" he asked, drawing out his knife from where his magic kept it. He flipped out the blade, and soon the order to fire was given.

Harpoons jammed directly into the bow of the ship and a special jolt shot through the ropes, shutting down engine propulsion but not lift. Jad would be able to lay the bridge over the ropes now, so that other crew could join the boarding. But before that...

"See you on the other side!" Lorin called to Sicarius, jumping off the bow, throwing his knife, and warping to land in the center of a group of pirates on deck.

"Hey there. This is my ship now."

Last edited:
00d1e5e4cce69d0e6f0ebb963011086c.gif

All the anticipation and the waiting made Sicarius antsy because he knew an attack was most likely coming. He simply couldn’t relax and instead spun his spear over and over. He basically zoned out until the command to prepare for battle came. Least now he didn’t have to be tense from anticipation, it’s time to go let loose. Sicarius stepped outside of his room with a smile on his face to finally get this over with. He ran into Lorin on his way out who inquired if he was ready. “Correct!”he replied to Lorin’s question.

Sicarius prepared to jump before the ship even fired its harpoons. He took off as soon as Lorin threw his knife. As Lorin appeared on the other ship a shadow would seem to grow bigger and bigger over one of the pirates on the deck. The pirate looked up in time to see red tip of Sicarius’ spear. The spear impaled the pirate and as Sicarius landed hard he produced an energy wave blasting away nearby pirates in all directions. He spun his spear and prepared to regroup with Lorin and clear the deck.

MythyDW MythyDW

"Oho! I was getting worried!" The bright red mass of muscles piped up amidst the rush for combat, stretching out his arms and noisily cracking his knuckles for all around to hear. "Aye!!" He shouted passionately in response to the captain's orders, performing a series of quick squats before leaping down onto the lower decks and swiftly lifting the heavy bridge upon his shoulders. Though he did not so much strain under the weight as he did struggle to maintain his balance. "Hahhh!" The deckhand gave a roar as he charged across the deck towards the ropes, eventually kneeling so as to allow the bridge to slide from his shoulders into it's ideal position between both airships.

To guide his allies into battle was often one of his duties, and one he took much greater joy in than scrubbing the decks. One might say he even held the fate of his companions upon his very shoulders, for the briefest of moments, at least. Making sure he was the first to step foot onto the bridge, Jad announced "They underestimate us, it seems! Now make them regret it, boys!" before removing a pair of knuckles from his belt and clenching his fists, his sweat-shined biceps gleaming as the mere deckhand began sprinting towards the boarding site, prepared to pummel any pirates who happened to get in his way.

Last edited:

The winds were strong at this altitude. One who wasn't used to them could easily be blown off the ship. Thankfully, that wasn't the case for Kiel, although it couldn't exactly be said that he was standing steady against the wind's force. Instead, he allowed himself to be taken by the gusts, stepping along with their pushes and twirling with them as they changed direction. His motions did carry him close to the edge sometimes, but there was yet to be an incident where he fell overboard.

The temperature was fairly low at this height as well, and from simply looking at him, one could easily assume Kiel would be shivering. On the contrary though, the temperature was perfect for him, and he enjoyed the chill off the wind's breath through his sheer silk garments, and on the skin underneath, which his clothing left much of exposed.

This was typical behavior for him when they were off the clock or if the job was fairly slow. Sometimes he'd use a bit of magic to light up or chill the air around him while he moved. Despite what seemed like a clumsy demeanor though, he had yet to accidentally shock or douse another crew member with a spell, or even simply knock into one.

When the captain shouted his orders, Kiel stopped his dance and turned to look at the man. His stance resembled one of a final pose of a performance along with one of being ready to jump into the next act. As the captain talked to his son and wife, he turned away to let them have some semblance of a personal moment amidst the chaos. Instead he looked to see how all the other crew was preparing for combat, and tried to find his own role among it all. The light-haired man looked back when the captain once again called out another order and watched his son teleport onto one of the enemy ships. As Jad soon followed with the bridge, it seemed the rest of the crew would be joining as well.

"Is all this really necessary?" he asked in a somewhat reluctant tone. "Can't we just fire a warning shot or something to tell them to back off?" At this point Kiel was sure none of the crew would actually take his words of pacifism seriously; they were used to him saying such things every time they entered an altercation. He wasn't even sure he believed his ideas as viable at this point either, but couldn't help but hold onto his hopeful ideals of peace and mercy.

Once the bridge was down, he followed Jad across, readying his own weapons: a set of twin daggers. He was soon able to approach the fray, where a group of the opposing pirates seemed to have been thrown about. "Hi!" he said to the closest one with a cheerful smile. "I don't suppose you guys could just surrender?" The pirate let out a growl as he pulled himself up to his feet and attempted to slash at the man with his sword. Kiel was quick to sidestep the attack, and with a spin kicked the other man's leg out from under him and sent him falling back onto the ground. "That's too bad... I really don't want anyone to get hurt..."

Another pirate who seemed to have recovered from Sicarius's attack approached Kiel as well, lunging forth at him with his spear. The blue-eyed man was able to easily step out of the way, causing the pirate to stumble forth and fall on top of his own fellow crew member. He struggled underneath the man, eventually managing to throw him off, and once again attempting to stand.

Kiel let out a sigh, "Please, just stay down..." He held one of the daggers in his hand in front of him and took a breath. After a moment he pointed the dagger at the pirate, who had now gotten back up on his feet and looked ready to run at Kiel. From the tip of his dagger a fireball shot forth and swiftly moved towards the man. Upon impact there was a small explosion, which caused both him and his now-recuperating ally to become engulfed in flames. They let out a pained yell before falling back to the ground. "Sorry..."

He moved towards the position of the rest of the crew. "Are we looting them or just sending their ship to the ground?" he asked the captain's son, who seemed to be leading this mission. "How careful do I need to be with collateral damage?"

Tonight will be another weekly performance for Millissandra. She sat by the tip of the ship's nose, feeling the cool breeze on the exposed parts. "Ah! This feels nice." Milli said, but her experience suddenly cut when the spotter called out three ships fast approaching. Milli knows that Lorin will take part of the action, and so she wasted no time to run back to the main deck as the battle begins. Once the bridge has been dropped, rather than going across, Milli jumped on the heads of her shipmates one by one, pulling out a handful of throwing knives. Once she is near the enemy ship, Milli makes a huge leap off the last shipmate's head and throws her knives at a few number of pirates, those hit will fall down in an instant.

After landing on the deck, two pirates charge at her. Milli pulls out her Mage Mashers, ducks under the swords, and goes in between them, delivering gruesome cuts on the pirates' abdomens enough to perish. Two more pirates charged, this time one on each side. Their swords are aiming for her head, and seeing an opening, Milli makes a spin, avoiding the blades and stabbing the two pirates on the chest in the most gracious manner. After that, the two pirates drop dead.

One pirate then appears as he charges towards Milli. She crosses her blades as the tip of the pirate's sword comes near, prompting her to slash the pirate's throat as the sword came in close contact. Milli spins around to avoid the blood spurting out from the slit throat as the pirate falls dead. "My, what a mess I've made." Milli remarked as she goes over to Lorin's side, regrouping with the rest of the crew. "So, how's everyone doing?" Milli asked.

MythyDW MythyDW Anne Boolean Anne Boolean Rurnur Rurnur Neuro Vampire Neuro Vampire

Abby Appleton
1453783298_tumblr_o17xvwAAu31sxhezvo3_r1_540.gif

And it was such a nice day out too. Abby had been using the trip so fair to try and catch up on some much-needed reading with the ship's medics not really being needed at the moment and felt like a good time to catch up on a book but she had barely gotten through the first chapter when the enemy ships where spotted. Now annoyed that her afternoon of studying had been interrupted the young medic sets the book aside and rises just in time to see some of the crew were boarding the other ship. And without a healer rather reckless are we. Qulicky Abby grabbed her staff and runs over to the bridge crossing it just in time to see a few pirates behind the group ready to do some sort of sneak attack. She quickly raised her staff and casts aero blowing them off of the ship. "Attacking recklessly again boys and Milli" she said in a rather annoyed tone as she raised her staff again. "Okay as all ways leave your wounds to me."

Last edited:

A five hour voyage was long, that was agreed by everyone. A five hour voyage where nothing happened, however, made the trek even longer. As much as Roy enjoyed a quiet flight, or as quiet as the growling of the ship's engine and the shouts from its crew would allow, her fingers curled, unfurled, itching to do something other than to wait for something to happen. It made her, and others, rather complacent. It meant that she had to keep her eyes on the skies, be prepared to ready her gun or man a cannon whenever she had to. It also meant that she had to stir fellow cannoneers and weapon users into action, no less Kitt, who leaned near the cannons staring at the clouds with a dazed and starry look in his eyes.

A harsh smack sounded, rousing all around Roy. Kitt groaned, rubbing the sore spot atop his head, before turning and demanding, "What the hell was that for?!"

"You're daydreamin' again," Roysaid, poking his chest, "thought I told you before, this ain't a job for that."

Kitt frowned, continuing to rub his head, "I was only out of it for a couple of minutes..."

Roy rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "I hope you know every inch of that cloud. You've stared at it for long enough to know by now." Before Kitt could turn and protest to Roy's claims, which were truthful observations, out came the guldering of the spotters, and orders from Captain himself to get the Starboard cannons at the ready. One quick glance over the railing of the ship alerted Roy to three ships ahead. Finally, they took their sweet time finding them and the merchant ships. She turned to the gunners, shouting, "You heard the call! This ain't no trial run, get movin' and get ready!" With that, a handful of gunners took their respective places, and Kitt, now wide awake, and sweating like a Moogle in a hothouse, was doing the same.

The seizing of ships soon got well under way. It wasn't long before the harpoons lodged themselves into the largest of the three ships, dragging the ship closer for boarding. Roy's main focus though was on the two smaller ships - for now, at least. She helped load one of the cannons, waited for a ship just to come into view...and then, a chorus of bangs and booms across the sky as each ball plunged and obliterated clouds into wisps, and ploughed through the sides of the enemy ships. Their job wasn't done there, however, and they went back to preparing for more shots.

Roy's eyes turned to the larger of the ship, where several of the crew went to board, the fighting had already grown intense. She sniffed, before she turned to Kitt, patting his shoulder. "I'm sure you're tired of me bossin' you around. You're in charge of Starboard here until I get back."

Kitt paled, and he gulped a, "Wh-wh-what?! But I can't...!"

Roy wouldn't hear it, however. She had already lifted her rifle off her back, loading it with the bullets she kept in her left belt pouch. "Think I'd put you in charge if you couldn't handle it? Just load the cannons and use your judgement. And hope you don't get that pretty mop and head of yours blown off," she gave a cheeky grin, before she ran off towards the boarding bridge. Though, before she thought to cross it, she couldn't help but take her safe position at port, readying her rifle and aiming it at the back of the head of a pirate harrassing one of their crew members. Hand on handgrip, rifle back firmly against her shoulder, and her finger curled around the trigger. Without hesitation, she pulled it, and the bullet went flying, lodging itself into the back of his skull with what she could have imagined to be a horrible crack. Roy sniffed again, pulling at the bolt handle, and the casing of her bullet fell to the ship's deck with a tinkle.

With that one done, she finally boarded the ship, safely making her way across. Unfortunately, she heard the yell of an oncoming pirate, dashing towards her with sword in hand. Apparently this one didn't get the memo; never bring a sword to a gun fight. Or, rather, run at a lady with a gun with a sword. Bolt handle down, assume position, pull the trigger again. Poor guy didn't even get close enough to her. "Natural selection at its finest..." Roy murmured to herself, pulling back the handle and back again, as per.

Roy looked over to a familiar group of crew members, an odd looking rag tag bunch when put together. "Oy!" She shouted, deciding to regroup with them too. "Thought I was the one who stands around while a fight goes on?" She asked with a tease, addressing all of them.

Milo 'Mo' Tochiro
The atmosphere in the Engine room shifted rapidly as the order came to prepare for battle. Windows and doors were locked shut, Engineers stood eagerly by their stations, carefully balancing the power output of the potent Magitek engine and sentries stood guard against any counter-boarding. The Engine room is the heart of any Airship, cripple the engine and the entire crew are condemned to fate as the machine sinks uncontrollably into the clouds below, never to rise again. Mo shuddered at the thought of becoming trapped on-board a falling Airship, the very idea of being weightless as the world comes closer and closer to reclaiming him back to solid ground was enough to give the old man goosebumps. He shook his head briefly in an attempt to break free from the vicious line of thought, looking over his shoulder at his fellow crew-members hard at work did help alleviate at least some of his worries as Mo felt confident they'd do their absolute best to look out for one-another. To Mo, becoming part of the crew means becoming part of a family and such a significant bond is not to be easily shattered by mere Pirates.

A voice rang out amongst the hub-hub, calling Mo by his name. It was Lorin, the young man that Mo had seen grow-up on the ship appeared to be in high spirits and eager to get into the action. Raising a child within the confines of a Airship seemed a bit treacherous to Mo as one false-step would lead to certain death but as with all family groups, everyone played their part in protecting the Captain's son. Whether that be keeping the young-boy entertained with games in the mess room, playing tag through the various corridors that snaked all along the ship or creating a makeshift playground out of spare planks and cargo nets. Mo figured that Lorin's childhood brought out the crew's sibling instincts as their own childhoods were often spent within large but poor families, with little more than wooden sticks and their imaginations to create fond memories of simpler times.

'Such fond memories indeed'. Mo nodded firmly in Lorin's direction as the young man headed off to the bridge. Packing up his tools and closing shut the panel of the section of engine he was working on, the old man grunted slightly as he rose to his feet and waved goodbye the engineering team as to let them know that he was 'going up top', to which they simply replied with hand gestures of varying rudeness to see the Chief off. 'Grease monkeys, through and through'. Mo couldn't help but chuckle to himself at the gestures as he made his way through the armoured doors leading from the Engine room.

The run from the Engine compartment to the bridge usually wasn't far but by the time that Mo had packed his things and proceeded on-wards, both ships were within cannon range and neither side were lacking in firepower. Mo had barely taken a step forward before he flinched backwards as a near-miss smashed it's way in the ship, causing him to lose balance and cling against the walls as he peered through a port-window outwards into the blindingly white clouds surrounding the ships. Squinting his eyes and leaning his head forward as Mo focused on the three Pirate ships, his first immediate note was of their size ~ easily comparable to Tolra's Doom. But for what they had in quantity, these highwaymen of the skies were hardly formidable fighters nor cunning strategists and this noticeable lack of quality would be their undoing. At least that's what Mo thought to himself until he remember his close call just a moment ago and figured it would be best to move on quickly before his luck ultimately runs out.

Rushing past various gun-crews, munition-bearers and groups preparing to board the pirates. Mo felt that things were going to plan thus far, Gunnery Chief Roysia had certainly done some fine work on tuning the ship's cannon to the best of her abilities. Well organized teams situated themselves around the large caliber guns, such teamwork meant that not only did the rate of fire outpace the pirates but their superior marksmanship could cripple a enemy vessel with a few volleys of well placed shots. Targeting important locations such as the bridge, batteries and concentrations of enemy crew would certainly help whittle down the pirate's ability to co-ordinate themselves effectively. 'And make it easier for our boarding party to overwhelm their crew'. Mo tapped Roysia's shoulder after she dispatched a pirate with her rifle, the shot finding it's mark on the back of the thug's skull. Raising a thumb of approval and following her as they leapt from one ship to the other, he grinned with a sense of pride as she took another one down with a well placed shot. "Good shot, I hope you'll leave some for the rest of us." Mo briefly chuckled to himself, winking in the Sharpshooter's direction as he turned to get stuck in as well.

The situation on board the pirate ship wasn't ideal as they were surrounded and vastly out-numbered but Mo felt confident that they had the advantage in talent. Glancing over as the rest of the party tore huge chunks from the pirate's ranks, the old man figured that these foes were little more than cannon-fodder and that the true fight lay below deep in the ship. His line of thought was rudely interrupted by a blood curdling yell as a pirate charged Mo with a rifle, bayonet fixed. Having no time to draw either his sword or revolver, Mo waited until the last moment as the pirate lunged with all his weight at the Engineer. Simply stepping aside and raising a foot to trip the fierce but foolish warrior, the pirate's momentum kept him going just far enough to slide off the edge of the Airship and into the clouds below. Whistling to himself as he reached for his weapons, Mo's opinion of the pirate's skill was at a all new low as he pondered whether it'd be more worthwhile to shoot them and save him from cleaning his blade afterwards or not to waste the ammunition and get his hands a little dirty ~ with blood this time, instead of grease. Once more his decision making time was cut short as another pirate charged him with a sword. Taking the pirate's choice of weapon to be the deciding factor, Mo placed his revolver back into it's holster across his chest and prepared himself for the fight. For what his opponent lacked in skill, Mo had to contend with the pirate's aggressive style as the old Engineer was initially on the back-foot, parrying blow after blow. However Mo saw his chance to counter when the pirate over-reached with a thrust, locking the pirate's sword-arm with Mo's free hand, there was little the poor thug could do beside yelp as Mo simultaneously brought the pummel of his sword hard across the man's face to stun him long enough for Mo to then use his leg to sweep under the pirate's in a move that laid Mo's opponent down onto the deck with a heavy thud.

Figuring the pirates would be worth more alive as bounties, Mo stayed his blade and looked down at the scruff of a man he had just beaten. Tunic was torn with pale skin visible between the gaps, the pirate looked as youthful as some of Mo's comrades but there was a distinct lack of hygiene ~ by Mo's standards at least. Seeing such young men and women turn to a life of crime lead the old man to sigh, almost out of pity as government officials would not go lightly on them, if caught. Mo's good conscience and sympathies would have to be put aside however as another pirate rushed in from behind him, having a variety of talented individuals certainly helps as Mo didn't even have to defend himself from this surprise attack. Seeing the sheer terror in the man's eyes as the pirate was flung from the ship by Abby's magic, Mo was taken aback for a moment as he tried to piece together what had just happened in front of him. Looking upwards as the red-haired mage made her way across to join them, Mo simply nodded in gratitude and figured that he was out-played by her when it came to ejecting pirates from ships ~ a competition for another time.

With his good nature clawing at him, Mo finally caught up with Lorin as they eyed up the situation and kept the young man's right flank clear whilst other members of the team had already regrouped together to form a defensive circle amongst the hordes of mediocre pirates whom appeared more like a rabble of poor refugees than anything remotely professional. With Jad-Zil or as Mo lovingly refers to him as 'Big Red', tearing up the pirate's line and morale one punch at a time and Sicarius making piecemeal of those unlikely enough to be within the reach of his spear. Millissandra and Kiel would've made for a dream-team, as they both appeared to dance amongst the enemy, causing the pirate's cohesion to shatter as 'Milli' dismantled bodies as though they were fields of golden wheat being cut down during a summer's harvest. Such blatant savagery prompted Mo to speak up to Lorin as they all continued to fight off the hesitant waves of pirates. "Lorin, these are just kids forced into fighting. Hell, they look like they've been picked up from some slums and not even given new clothes. We need to do something before this turns into a blood-bath, let's focus on capturing the bridge and taking out their Captain. Once the leaders fall, they aught'a throw down their swords." Mo felt his heart sink everytime a pirate stepped forward, only to be slain needlessly as they were clearly out-matched by the Tolra's crew but for each pirate body falling to the deck in a pool of blood, another gingerly take it's place. Meanwhile the more experienced thugs stood afar and peppered the boarding team with stray rifle-fire, catching Mo in the side and he fell with a heavy thump onto the deck. Fearing he would be either dragged off to be butchered in the melee or picked off by another marksman, Mo frantically clutched at his chest holster to wiggle the revolver free and dumped the six shots into the crowds, each shot thumped the ears of those around as he fired. Using his spare hand to drag himself deeper into friendly lines, Mo sat himself up against an abandoned cannon as cover whilst he struggled to reload each bullet into the revolver's cylinder meanwhile gritting his teeth and looking down at the size-able wound in his side. 'Great..'

Last edited:
Ribbit ribbit ribbit ribbit

That was the sound that was made as various frogs frolicked the area. These were in fact a good handful of the infiltrating enemy pirates. Now they were literally a handful.

"Ha! Haya! Float Eyes! Confuse!"

A young girl, likely the youngest on deck, conjures spherical, winged eye monsters to circle and hypnotize a single enemy pirate. In his dazed state, he began to indiscriminantly attack. Previously he was focused on the crew, now he was spread out and was even attacking his own allies.

"Teeheehee~ Tonberry! Tonberry! Tonberry!"

This young girl proceeded to summon three Tonberry at different places. They sluggishly but surely approached the infiltrators, and the infiltrators, knowing the might of what the Tonberry could do, tried to avoid it. Those that were turned into frogs, and those that were affected by Confusion, however, did not possess that much of a concept of wariness as they were given a powerful, merciless stab, before their assailants were desummoned. Some of the enemy forces, upon seeing that they would leave after striking once, would attempt to 'deactivate' the other two Tonberries by tossing their allies into them.

"Time to summon them again~ Tonberry! Tonberry! Tonberry!"

Truly a bloody battlefield.​

Lorin jumped back from slashing a pirate in the side, returning to the circle that some of his most trusted friends had made. He did a little flourish to buy some time as the less-skilled opponents hesitated to charge after that. He took a moment to glance back towards Tolra's Doom - the smaller ships currently in a cannon battle seemed to be much better staffed - at the very least they had been taking maneuvers where this ship seemed to simply be sitting here.

"I doubt the actual captain is anywhere in this fleet,"
Lorin grumbled to his team, looking at each of them in turn. Mo's words had spoken true to him, and as much as he hated it - there was little way through than a sea of bodies. Unless...

"My name is Lorin Hurst Malchevin - son of Tolra's Doom! I am hereby commandeering your vessel - if you don't wish to die, lay down your arms and step aside!" he looked with pointed eyes towards the hesitating crew. "We don't want your death on our hands if we can help it. Those who lay down their arms will be given a choice - be dropped off at Holus, clean slate... or join my crew, where you will be given pay enough to actually take care of yourselves." That offer got a majority of the pirates' eyes glittering, and those who it didn't could still be seen contemplating.

"What absolute horseshite!" roared one of the obviously-trained elite crew. A firebomb flew directly at the captain-to-be, who phased out of the way without issue - of course, the bomb then landed on the boarding bridge, quickly igniting the length and threatening to spread to both ships. The captain roared out an order, one that was obvious - the harpoon lines were severed and the burning bridge fell towards the far-below ground. "Tryin' to start a mutiny on one of Black Death's ships? You must have a deathwish!"

"So that's who leads this outfit," Lorin muttered under his breath. "If this is how he treats people, then he deserves a mutiny!" he yelled back, eyes scanning. The pirates had been backing off except for the one who threw the bomb - he must have been the deck chief. Keeping the rest in line. "Alright then. Take you out of the way, and these people will be free, eh?"

"Sicarius! I need you to stay here. Keep the deck clean of anyone who fights against you."

"Uncle Mo, Abby, you two get to the engine room. Keep them from sabotaging anything, and fix anything they've already done."

"Roy, get to the gunnery deck. See if you can take out the chief and get them to turn their guns on the other ships. Deron, you go with her - watch her back."

"Milli, Jad, get to the magazine. Some fanatic might get ideas - keep this ship from going up in smoke."

"Kiel, you're with me. We're fighting to the bridge and taking over this ship. Do try to keep collateral to a minimum."

"Do you really think I'll just let you leave!?" roared the deck chief, who drew two sabers and charged. Lorin shook his head and threw his knife, warping over the pirate and landing near the path inside while shooting a look to Sicarius and his crew.

"I trust you all. Trust in me, and each other. We'll get through this."

Becker Becker MythyDW MythyDW

Kuroko.Tetsuya.full.1209316.jpgKuroko.Tetsuya.full.1952762.jpg

Kiel Shan

Kiel's ears perked up at the sound of someone else's words echoing his sentiment. He turned to Mo with a look of glee.

"Yes!" he cheered. "There's no need to cause any bloodshed, especially among people who are already in such a position of hardship!" Ideally he wouldn't want to cause bloodshed among anyone, but if that statement would back his case up then he would go along with it. His face seemed to light up even more when Lorin agreed as well, and put his and Mo's words into action. He let out a wistful sigh. God was the captain's son so dreamy when he was sparing the lives of their enemies.

It seemed one of their foes had issue with this though, and showed it through throwing a firebomb into their party. Kiel was able to nimbly jump out of the blast radius, but let out a small gasp as the bridge was ignited. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes before pointing a dagger towards the moving flames. When he exhaled and opened his eyes once more, a blob of water rushed forth from the tip of his dagger and splashed on the flames, extinguishing them before they reached the Tolra's Doom.

He listened as Lorin issued orders, happy to hear that they would still be attempting to free the opposing crew members. "Aye, aye!" he responded with a pleasant smile when he heard his own commands. Guess he would be refraining from using fire and electric spells then. As the deck chief's attack approached him as well, he was able to quickly side-step the man. "Please do think about surrendering as well," he stated. "I really don't want you to get hurt either!" He then followed after Lorin, practically skipping the way there while weaving around any of the other crew who were still hostile.

Abby Appleton
Shirayuki.png

Tags: Becker Becker
"Roger" Abby nodded at the orders given to her and she looked over at Mo as he takes a rather nasty wound to the side. "How many times do I have to tell you, to be more aware of your surroundings I swear this is the fifth hole I plunged this week." The young medic raised her staff and chants a slightly higher level spell in Cura, then as fast as the wound was made it healed just as fast leaving behind only the fresh new skin. "Now normally I'd tell you to lay down for a couple of hours, and you would probably ignore me." she said the last part under her breath. "But I don't know how to work and engine to save my life so lead the way." Abby helps Mo too his feet only too see a pirate try to approach them with his sword drawn, but Abby just simply wacks him the head with her staff knocking the poor guy out. "What? I don't think I'm allowed to throw them overboard now."

Roysia (2).jpg
Roysia 'Roy' Vedwin

Mentions: MythyDW MythyDW Becker Becker Crow Crow
Mo had a good point. These kids looked as young as her brother, hell, younger than him. As much as Roy had every excuse to lay a bullet into them, doing so seemed no different than putting her rifle to her own brother's head. She felt her eyes shift across the crowd, almost as if allowing for a brief hope to settle in her, that he might be...no, of course he wouldn't. He detested flying anyway, so why would he willingly get on a ship and join a bunch of no-good pirates like these ones?

Despite Lorin's riveting speech to the crew, naturally, there were a few who had to protest against it. A firebomb came hurtling towards them, with the circle's occupants either side-stepping, falling, or phasing out of the way. Roy managed a stumble, being a slow one as it was, and too managed to get out of the way of the blast radius. Though, once she found cover, she was alerted to an amber flame licking at the bottom of her cloak, and she cursed, "Fuck, fuck!" She had little choice but to wrangle with her cloat to get it off, not only forcing her to part with her rifle for a few moments, but wasting some valuable time onboard as it was. She managed to get it off, chucking it to the ground and stamping at it with adrenaline fueled vigour. She managed to put it out, but Roy just groaned as she mumbled, "Damn thing's gonna get me killed one day..."

As if that hadn't been enough, a few marksmen had laid into Mo, to which Abby had quickly attended to. Not wanting to let that slight go unnoticed, she picked up her rifle, prepared it again, taking a shot at one of the marksmen. She managed to hit one in the chest. She pulled back, reloaded, fired another shot and hit another marksman, though, sent her bullet through his shoulder, knocking him back.

It wasn't long before Lorin had one of his plans rolling into motion, and attributed commands to each of their group. Roy's task, which came as no surprise, was to get to the gunnery deck and usurp their chief. Deron, the girl who had summoned a legion of Tonberries, a nightmare to even the most seasoned warrior, was with her. Grabbing her cloak and adjusting it back onto her person again (though, why she chose to do so after almost catching fire is a mystery), and she gave a brief nod. "Got it, hoss," she answeed, before she whistled to Deron and motioned for her to follow. "It's me and you, kid. Follow me! I might just have an idea for how we go about this."

"As you wish, captain." Milli obliged before turning and walking up to the hulking red giant known as Jad. "I hope you wouldn't mind but..." Milli went behind him and hop on his back, climbing up until she can sit on his shoulders. "Would you mind leading the way, big boy?" She asked with a smug tone. Truly, the monk wouldn't mind the dancer riding on top of him, right?

Rurnur Rurnur MythyDW MythyDW

"Haha! Not at all!" Jad responded with a hearty chuckle, without looking back towards the burning bridge, the monk hunched himself over slightly and continued his charge through the waves of enemy pirates. With fists swinging in order to both propel himself forward and knock overconfident pirates out of his and Milli's path, he barreled through whatever entrance he could find, heading deeper into the guts of the unfamiliar airship. Though as the hallways eventually grew tighter and more enclosed, it became increasingly difficult to simply toss oncoming foes out of the way, with more and more pirates setting their sights upon Jad, slashing at his sides with cutlasses when they managed to slip past his fists.

"Out of the way!" He exclaimed loudly and propelled both of his arms backwards, striking a pair of pirates in the head with his elbows and sending them slamming against the walls, now unconscious on the floor beneath him. Taking a quick breath, Jad blinked and looked up at the ceiling in an attempt to glance at Milli, before quickly realizing his neck wouldn't work that way. Shaking his head, he pushed himself forward once again, the trickling blood from the wounds at his sides wasn't particularly noticeable. "No problem.. now, where's that uh.. bomb room?" He asked and scratched his head, sniffing about for any scents that would give it away.

Eventually, he'd kick down a door leading to a room filled with the familiar smell of gunpowder. "Ah! Here's the stuff! Now what?" Jad asked nonchalantly while glancing over his shoulders.

Topless Topless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back