• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Fight or Flight - Superpower RP

Shura

Pounce Ninja

This RP is An intermediate RP featuring character with superpowers. It is already In-progress however it is at a turning point where characters with no prior information can jump easily. I am flexible with abilities as long as you talk them over with me first. There has to be some kind of logic to the abilities.

It started out as a school based RP but is going to morph into a survival/war RP. There is an overarching story, however this is a player character driven story. Meaning there will be a good bit of interactions and if you have a sub-plot or personal character arch you want to have happen you can suggested it to have it tied into the bigger plot. This is a literate RP where players have to post a minimum of 1 paragraph.

Plot

The world has come to a tense stand off between Meta humans and normal ones, made only worse by the appearance of rogue Metas, those with super powers who use their abilities for personal gain. There were only a few at first however their numbers are growing giving Metas overall a bad name. Some communities do exist where there is not tension or strife between Metas and normal people. Winford is one of these, There is an academy where young Metas learn how to use their abilities. Unfortunately the small town has now become the target of both public suspicion as well as a threat to the Metas.

The strands of order and control start to fray and fall apart students of the academy find themselves no longer under the protection of the school and have to instead find a way to survive a three way war.

Players

There are two levels of players.

Students - fairly new to their powers, still learning how to control them. Ages 15-18

Graduates - Meta's who are experienced with their abilities and have a fair bit of control. They mentor and help younger students learn their abilities.

Ooh.

This looks interesting.

The school RP turning to a war/survival RP sounds kinda weird, but that's good with me :)

May I join in?

This could be interesting. I think I'll take part, so long as you don't mind me still using training wheels for forum-based RPs :*3

Well i do love Superheroes...Up Up and Away. 
It reminds me of Avengers Academy, Teen Titans and X-Men in concept.

@PieMoe - I dont mine ^^ most people are still getting used to the forum format. If you have any questions or get confused feel free to ask!

@Harbinger - Yay! Should be fun

@Kyd Jhesus - Yeah very similar to it. I see it more closely related to X-men with the whole meta/normal human conflict.

Its very similar to thread RP's just organized differently. Theres a main thread that you post in along with everyone else. There are a few side threads specifically for special events. There is currently one going on now where anyone interested will Post in that RP. Those who are not interested can continue to post in the main thread what they do in the mean time.

There is also two training threads so students who want to train will post their sessions in their. This is to allow for more interactions with other players with out cluttering up the main thread and try to keep thing organized. There are also other basic threads where I or one of the people I designate as a mod for the rp, will post any important information. Such as Summery's which I try to do every 20 or so pages.

Overall it's not terribly different than thread RPs. Just organized a little differently so players aren't overwhelmed with reading 5-6 pages of people training. Or allow people who dont want part in the Event to continue posting instead of feeling left you and not having a place to post while the event is going on.

I'm interested. If I can come up with a character and slots are still open by then I'd like to join.

You guys are more than welcome to join ^^ This is meant to be a large scale RP so i will be keeping it open for a while

Thanks! I'll head on over to the RP and start looking things over to come up with a character brainstorm right away.

I already have a character in reserve that would probably go well with this Rp if you have room for her.

http://www.rpnation.com/showcase/kim-hartly.4375/

If this isn't okay I can make a new one. If it is Ok I will make sure to post it in the correct format on the Rp Sign Up Section. 
Actually, forget I ever put this Character suggestion here. I will make a new character. Mine wouldn't fit in well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back