Music Favorite Video Game Soundtracks?

Elder scrolls soundtracks are pretty much always great in my opinion. Another one that I love to bits is Dragon age: Inquisition, though I'm sure that's been used loads.

Edit: After reading through the thread in its entirety, I noticed someone else has mentioned Dragon age: Inquisition. I'm actually surprised to find a lack of retro games making this thread and I just have to mention Castlevania as a personal favorite of mine.

[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely have to agree with everyone who said the Kingdom Hearts ST. And I know someone said Bioshock Infinite.

But another one I'd like to add would be Life is Strange. Even though I'm not a huge fan of indie music, I think it really fits the artsy high school theme.

Beyond Two Souls

My favorite soundtrack would have to be Beyond Two Souls OST. Veteran composer Lorne Balfe teams up with once again legendary composer, Hans Zimmer, to craft this beautiful set list.

[media]

[/media]
Ace Combat Zero

Here is a soundtrack that I am sure no one would post if I didn't but Ace Combat Zero had such a romantic soundtrack employing a flamenco style. The high energy and complexity of the music itself added to a full on immersion that had you on the edge of your seat. Here is my favorite track "Near the Border".

[media]

[/media]

I just love Runescape's soundtrack. It's so simple, yet, every song fits the game perfectly.

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
These songs bring back so much memories! I spent hundreds of hours killing goblins, chopping logs and smithing armour while listening to these songs, and I still remember the little details of the game, even though it has been a long time since I have played it.

It's amazing how a few minutes of music can sum up so much of your childhood...

I'm in love with the Soundtrack of The Cat Lady right now!

[media]

[/media]
It's so beautifully done and great for writing eery stuff x3

Okay, my answer is skewed because I just finished playing this game today and I've been wanting to play it for two years now

But fuck it

I bloody love the music in The Last of Us, it is so simple and natural

Always perfectly placed, not too much, not too little

It even sounds like music that could be made during a post apocalypse due to it's simplicity

[media]

[/media]
I doubt anyone wants to listen to all of that xD

So this is my personal favorites out of it all

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]

Side note, Gustavo the music director is fucking awesome

He doesn't just write music scores, all of his music he made and recorded himself

They brought him in at the very beginning of the game development, he influenced the story as much as the story influenced him

That just makes the music so much better

The soundtrack for inFAMOUS 2 is just so compelling, and works so very well. Love listening to those soundtracks, especially Cole MacGrath's theme, the Beast's theme, and Bertrand.

I loved the Final Fantasy X/X-2 soundtrack a lot but I might give my favorite to the Persona series. It's just so powerful and fun to listen to

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I agree with Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and Zelda, but one that always stuck with me that I didn't see mentioned was Chrono Cross. I know everyone tends to like Chrono Trigger better but I played Cross first so that one just stuck with me a little more.

[media]

[/media]

Devil Survivor Overclocked (and all the Shin Megami Tensei games) has an amazing soundtrack. The battle themes are simply epic imo.

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]

This is one of those dumb hour-loop videos, but I've always loved this soundtrack. [media]

[/media]

The Bastion Soundtrack, Electronic Super Joy, Elderscrolls: Oblivion, Castle Crashers, Fallout: New Vegas, Portal 1 and 2, and Guitar Hero 4 ALL have great soundtracks.

Tyrian has an awesome soundtrack, my fav schmup ost.

[media]

[/media]
For fighting games, GG XX AC Plus R is at the top, with my favorite track ever, The Midnight Carnival.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89G6_ROjpy0[/media]

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 has an amazing soundtrack, composed by Hans Zimmer himself

.[media]

[/media]
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 has a darn good track list too.

[media]

[/media]
Then there's Resident Evil 2, my favorite game of all time.

[media]

[/media]

Any old RuneScape stuff up yet? Don't ask me how I came across this soundtrack...

[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
Yeah it's great music I highly recommend exploring the track. Now for some discussion and a bunch of other music...

I bet this thread already has plenty of DA:I stuff...but it wouldn't kill y'all to get some more in. Honestly a lot of die hard DA fans were pretty mad about the sudden shift in music style, and I did sort of miss Inon and Aubrey...but I do feel like Inquisition deserved a more cinematic soundtrack. Let's be honest, DA:I is almost a whole different experience. Only makes sense that the soundtrack is, too. I loved the tavern songs especially...they were a musically educational experience just listening to them.

THE BRASS SOUND IS THE BEST (Horn and t-bone in Inon Zur's music is what I live for. This worked too.)

But sadly I can't find the piece I want to showcase...it's not in the original soundrack, it's an atmosphere track...it has parts of the Samson's Tale theme, played by horn I think.

All of Inquistion's pieces are quite lovely, though.

Okay enough DA. Elder Scrolls is more of a heart thing...I'll always love TES and it's sounds. Here are ones I especially love.

And of course, some misc. DA stuff. Yes, I lied. God I love Inon's use of brass... T-T

[media]
[/media]
[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]
[media]

[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. One of the biggest charms about those games in my opinion was the amazing music. It sounded retro but really fit with the entire atmosphere of each scene in all the games, it's just... uuuugh <3 amazing.

The soundtrack from Destiny is amazing too, ranging from subtle notes to intense battle music. It really brings out the mood an RPG should have.

*Coughs quietly in an attempt to hold in excitement from this thread* While I feel like I have missed out MAJORLY on discussion, I shall post a few of my favorites.

Bioshock was mentioned, but this little gem is one of my favorites.

[media]

[/media]
This game was a very ObsCure one from my Wii playing days (haha get it O.o ?), but its really chilling and I LOVE it.

[media]

[/media]
The last one is from an MMORPG I used to play called AION. I really loved the soundtrack. It matched the scenery very well. This is one of my favorites.

[media]

[/media]

To the Moon has the most beautiful soundtrack I've ever heard, along with one of the best storylines. I love it to death.

Kingdom Hearts games have a lot of good music, and I'd also have to say Persona 3 and Persona 4 Golden's OSTs are a couple of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back