Other Favorite Rp Characters?

Solemn Jester

Smiling God of Fools
<p>

So I've been thinking a lot about some of my old rp characters. I know this has probably been asked alot but I was just wondering. Who are some of you favorite rp characters you created, and why? Is it because of their personality, or just their style. Maybe just because they were one of your first characters. Well I'm just curious, personally I've got alot of favorites I've come up with recently.

</p>

Last edited by a moderator:
funnily enough, most of my favourite characters were actually created in the rp i'm currently active in (probably since it's a 1x1 so there's time and space to develop characters).

there's one pair of side characters i'm particularly proud of - a blunt-tongued adult male and his childish teen goddaughter. they're less responsible family and more of a street-running tag team who don't necessarily get on with each other.

i haven't actually completely worked through either of their personalities, so they're not complete in any way - i just love them because the dialogue that happens between them always comes out so realistic and it just feels natural.

Twixt said:
funnily enough, most of my favourite characters were actually created in the rp i'm currently active in (probably since it's a 1x1 so there's time and space to develop characters).
there's one pair of side characters i'm particularly proud of - a blunt-tongued adult male and his childish teen goddaughter. they're less responsible family and more of a street-running tag team who don't necessarily get on with each other.

i haven't actually completely worked through either of their personalities, so they're not complete in any way - i just love them because the dialogue that happens between them always comes out so realistic and it just feels natural.
That's cool, I always appreciate good dialogue. Usually I'll hear a character say something(usually a swear word) and while I don't really mind cussing it just doesn't seem natural coming from that character. Well the way I play it out in my head it isn't natural. I also have alot of characters I love, really I can't choose a favorite. Characters abilities are also important to me. I like to give my character abilities that suit their personality, or just intresting abilities in general.

yeah, i've gotta agree with you there. dialogue is where all the real personality is, if you get the conversations right then you get the characters right. abilities are interesting too, but i'm not sure what you mean by suiting the characters. though that doesn't really bother me.

though.... if by ability you just mean skill, i get where you're coming from. the characters i described have their specialties, but once again most of who they are is shown in what they say.

Twixt said:
yeah, i've gotta agree with you there. dialogue is where all the real personality is, if you get the conversations right then you get the characters right. abilities are interesting too, but i'm not sure what you mean by suiting the characters. though that doesn't really bother me.
though.... if by ability you just mean skill, i get where you're coming from. the characters i described have their specialties, but once again most of who they are is shown in what they say.
By abilities I mean powers if they have any, or in cases where they don't have powers yeah skill. The type of weapons they use are also important for a character, or at least I think so. Because it shows what kind of weapons they like or what they're good with. I don't know why but I seem to have a natural talent for dialogue. Well idk my character always seem to say things suiting their personality's anyway. Even when my character can't speak like mute character im rping with atm.(which he does have a demon fox who translates for him but still) Idk I think I have my talents, and their manly keeping my characters personality's in check.

[QUOTE="Solemn Jester]By abilities I mean powers if they have any, or in cases where they don't have powers yeah skill. The type of weapons they use are also important for a character, or at least I think so. Because it shows what kind of weapons they like or what they're good with. I don't know why but I seem to have a natural talent for dialogue. Well idk my character always seem to say things suiting their personality's anyway. Even when my character can't speak like mute character im rping with atm.(which he does have a demon fox who translates for him but still) Idk I think I have my talents, and their manly keeping my characters personality's in check.

[/QUOTE]
I agree completely! My favourite RP characters have always been the few I've created where I like to think I did a good job in creating a unique/interesting twist with their skills/abilities combined with a personality that just feels as though it slips straight into place to complete a very satisfying puzzle.

ChimpMan said:
I agree completely! My favourite RP characters have always been the few I've created where I like to think I did a good job in creating a unique/interesting twist with their skills/abilities combined with a personality that just feels as though it slips straight into place to complete a very satisfying puzzle.
Exactly! I mean sometimes I'll have characters who basically can have Whatever abilities they want. One of my favorite is a character who was originally inteded as a Troll parody type character. His name's Dazzles and he was originally omnipotent. His personality was kind of like deadpools. Then I have Des whos basically a super kinky pedotype guy like orochimaru from naruto. He could take other characters abilities. But it still worked for his personality.

[QUOTE="Solemn Jester]Exactly! I mean sometimes I'll have characters who basically can have Whatever abilities they want. One of my favorite is a character who was originally inteded as a Troll parody type character. His name's Dazzles and he was originally omnipotent. His personality was kind of like deadpools. Then I have Des whos basically a super kinky pedotype guy like orochimaru from naruto. He could take other characters abilities. But it still worked for his personality.

[/QUOTE]
It's funny you say that! One of my favourite characters was from an old Naruto rp. I created this character who I felt was totally unique yet so fitting with the verse. He turned out as.. imagine a 47 year old mix up Shikamaru and Sasuke with some resemblance of a bleach Captain. He just felt like a powerful character to write. Others even said as much too.

ChimpMan said:
It's funny you say that! One of my favourite characters was from an old Naruto rp. I created this character who I felt was totally unique yet so fitting with the verse. He turned out as.. imagine a 47 year old mix up Shikamaru and Sasuke with some resemblance of a bleach Captain. He just felt like a powerful character to write. Others even said as much too.
Lol yeah, the only thing that messes up my characters, is when I tend to make them to op for a rp. Ability wise that is, I never really intend on making my characters as op as their abilities seem. I'm all for a good story, that's my main goal in an rp.

Probably some of the first ones are still my fav. When I was just getting into rp we had some hilarious one with a friend where my character was a crazy scientist and friend played his assistant. It was a lot of fun to play such a character, that was good to pull off some random stuff just because you can! And when that character was setting up weird experiments. ..

Little did I know that a few years later I would be setting up my own experiments in real life. xD Of different sort, but still. I guess that type of character just clicked with me on many levels. And that one had a well - thought personality and background, it was one of my first rp and I spent a lot if time on character development and world building (probably more than it was necessary ).

For the time being, my favourite is a bubbly sun-knight I'm using in one of my RPs <3

My oldest character was the blandest thing ever Tbh...

Both my original Nick because holy shit has he changed since the inception, and one of my current characters called Serah Gene.

Serah's a really fun one to play and I honestly have a blast doing so. She's the first attempt I've taken at a bubbly, energetic girl which tries to keep everyone's spirits up. Due to the setting, however, she's also incredibly self-loathing and pessimistic when she's alone. She always tries to act like the optimist of the group and keep everyone's morale up, even when she fails to do so with herself.

She's just the right mix of goofy and serious when she needs to be, acting as comic relief in one moment and then shaking at the thought of having murdered someone. Since she's just a teenage girl, everything has a much bigger impact on her than it would some of the veteran soldiers. Losing someone also hits her incredibly hard, because she's already lost everyone that she'd consider dear to her and now her friends are dying in front of her eyes as well. She's tried to separate herself from the group, but some people always pull her back in.

I can't imagine what it'd be like if she actually lived until the end of the RP. She's already so scarred, I don't know if she came out of the war for the better or for the worse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back