Other Favorite heartbreaking quotes, RP or Fandom?

That Lass Over There

Constant Panic
My favorite heartbreaking quote - well, one of them anyways - goes to Dave Strider from homestuck. "I'm not a hero. My bro was. John is. I'm not." There were several from homestuck and other franchises that hit me in the feels much more, but that one has just stayed with me, and I think hurts even out of context.

As for RP - well, this is a hard one. Me and everyone I RP with tend to be drama queens, so there are plenty to choose from. If I had to name one from my crappy memory, would be quite long... but I'll type it out!
"Doctors... Said up here... I'm broken. Hurts to talk to others. Hurts to touch others. Hurts to know others exist. So I decided... Others shouldn't feel pain. The pain I... Felt. I became good... At reading people. I adapted myself to... Be whatever they needed, abandoning my old self every time. A best friend. A rival. A distraction. I... Became a hollow shell to be filled with the... Liquid the parched drinker needed. Before... You were talking with a liquid. Not necessarily me... But at the same time me."

"Do you... Think I'm broken... For wanting... To help those who hurt me?"
Damn Zenith makes me tear up every time.

I got a pretty solid one from an rp I used to be active in a loooong time ago. It's based in a very dark, apocalyptic themed rp that I was a part of on discord and this is my characters response to being asked why he put himself at risk for the sake of others time and time again, even if he might be betrayed or killed.

"They always said that during hard times you would see both the best and worst of people. Frankly I've yet to see the best but I'll tell you what...Time and time again I see the worst. It seems people have caved under the pressure put on them from the worlds end and became victims. Victims of fear, greed, each other...You wanna ask me why I go out of my way to protect those unable to do so themselves? Why I choose to hunt those who prey upon the weak? Why I've decided to be the guardian angel your friend decided to mockingly address me as?"

"Because if no one else shows the best of what humanity has to offer, if no one shows that there are still those of us out there who hold some good in our hearts, soon enough we'd all be nothing more than savages. I'd like to show others that there is still hope and that they can feel a warmth in their heart knowing that at least some body out there is trying their best to do the most good they can and maintain the humanity they too are at risk of losing. So go ahead and ask yourself again why do what I do, and ask yourself why you do what you choose to do. Is it fear of death? Distrust of others? Or perhaps even greed? You and I are different yet the same, we're both scared and we both know how cruel this new world we have to survive in truly is. It's just that you and I, have chosen to take different paths. Now either finish what you started and kill me, or let me go so I can continue doing the work that few others are willing to do..."

I got a pretty solid one from an rp I used to be active in a loooong time ago. It's based in a very dark, apocalyptic themed rp that I was a part of on discord and this is my characters response to being asked why he put himself at risk for the sake of others time and time again, even if he might be betrayed or killed.

"They always said that during hard times you would see both the best and worst of people. Frankly I've yet to see the best but I'll tell you what...Time and time again I see the worst. It seems people have caved under the pressure put on them from the worlds end and became victims. Victims of fear, greed, each other...You wanna ask me why I go out of my way to protect those unable to do so themselves? Why I choose to hunt those who prey upon the weak? Why I've decided to be the guardian angel your friend decided to mockingly address me as?"

"Because if no one else shows the best of what humanity has to offer, if no one shows that there are still those of us out there who hold some good in our hearts, soon enough we'd all be nothing more than savages. I'd like to show others that there is still hope and that they can feel a warmth in their heart knowing that at least some body out there is trying their best to do the most good they can and maintain the humanity they too are at risk of losing. So go ahead and ask yourself again why do what I do, and ask yourself why you do what you choose to do. Is it fear of death? Distrust of others? Or perhaps even greed? You and I are different yet the same, we're both scared and we both know how cruel this new world we have to survive in truly is. It's just that you and I, have chosen to take different paths. Now either finish what you started and kill me, or let me go so I can continue doing the work that few others are willing to do..."
I'm impressed you got that beyond Discord's annoying character limit, the #2 reason I don't RP on there.

Until you start having to split 'em up into three chunks, haha. My posts can get really long depending on the occasion, and discord does not like that.

Ho hoooo...I understand entirely. I once split up a six page long google doc into multiple discord posts. Sometimes even longer...

Any sappy quote from Fairy Tail makes me sob like a newborn baby.
9e5a2f8102b71cac66bff651c8519f5a.jpg

And this one's long and really only makes sense in context, but it's from the last Digimon Tri movie, and it also made me cry like a baby. [SPOILER ALERT]

"Everything's gonna be okay, Matt. You're gonna be a great leader, and you're not alone. You'll never be alone so long as you have me around. You know you can count on me. I'll stay by your side no matter how bad things get. Even if that Ordinemon blows up the whole city, or if you mess up and get us all deleted. Or if you get confused and we get lost and go through a distortion, only it's the wrong one and we all end up floating around in space forever."

"That's not gonna happen."

"When you get married, I'll watch your kids, and when you get old, I'll go for walks with you. I'll do anything for you. I'll even save the world."

And cue my tears.
(Apologies if that spoils anything for anyone, but out of context it makes no sense whatsoever, so... ^^" )

246DAMW.png
Now it was time for him to move out. She wasn't there, so he must go for both of them. It was up to him to pay back to the world in beauty and caring what Leslie had loaned him in vision and strength. - bridge to terabithia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back